PDA

View Full Version : If this is any indication.....

GoldenArm9
02-02-2008, 06:00 AM
I pulled this off Lance McAllister's website and it doesn't look like good news to me .... what are they trying to do?I'm starting to get sick real fast.
First this then who's next?Ugh.....

Things I'm Told
Keep an eye on negotiations with Bengals unrestricted free agent punter Kyle Larson. I'm told the Bengals opening offer was very underwhelming.....called "low ball" by NFL sources I talked to.

DennyGII
02-02-2008, 06:48 AM
I wouldn't worry too much 1st of all all teams start negotiations low, why give up the farm right away, 2nd lets be honest, I like Kyle but he is a punter, and last I looked never a top punter by any means, so again why offer top money. If It doesn't work out we will get someone else and be fine.:thumbsup:

fredtoast
02-02-2008, 08:12 AM
OMG! We are not making a high offer the the #27 ranked punter in the league?! We will never win as long as Mike Brown is in charge!!!

#1 Houshmandzadeh Fan
02-02-2008, 08:33 AM
I pulled this off Lance McAllister's website and it doesn't look like good news to me .... what are they trying to do?I'm starting to get sick real fast.

Things I'm Told
Keep an eye on negotiations with Bengals unrestricted free agent punter Kyle Larson. I'm told the Bengals opening offer was very underwhelming.....called "low ball" by NFL sources I talked to.

He is a punter and not a great one at that. Punters are basically a dime a dozen. Don't waste big money on a punter when you have other more pressing needs.:Clap:

thunderj4
02-02-2008, 08:40 AM
I wouldnt be to worried he will probaly be back next year but if he isnt well we can get someone else (quite possibly better). We dont even want to use our punter that much next year so im ok with whoever we get at the punter position.

bengalnutt
02-02-2008, 09:10 AM
... Why are we even worried about the punter? It is an negotiation and an offer. I am sure most teams don`t ask players how much he would like to make and write him a check. His agent will counter and the will either agree or agree to not agree the end. We have plenty of late round choices if need be. Didn`t we get Larson as a College FA??

bengalsfan4ever
02-02-2008, 09:21 AM
I wouldn't worry too much 1st of all all teams start negotiations low, why give up the farm right away, 2nd lets be honest, I like Kyle but he is a punter, and last I looked never a top punter by any means, so again why offer top money. If It doesn't work out we will get someone else and be fine.:thumbsup:
Have to agree this is not a big deal....after all he is a punter!

DennyGII
02-02-2008, 09:41 AM
OMG! We are not making a high offer the the #27 ranked punter in the league?! We will never win as long as Mike Brown is in charge!!!No doubt!!:thumbsup:

RICHMONDBENGAL_07
02-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Yeah I heard on NFL live....They were all talking about how this Bengal organization will never go anywhere as long as we keep Larson...and don't get this punting team turned around...:huh::wacko::rotf:

BengalDude
02-02-2008, 10:21 AM
I'm not advocating spending big bucks on a punter either...BUT...if you're old enough to remember a year when we had a really bad punter, you can appreciate a good one. Nobody notices an average or better punter but it sure makes a difference when you have a bad one!

schroomytunes
02-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Come on, have you seen his stats compaired with the rest of the league, he's #27 that's terrible. No way do I offer him more than 600k a year we have other needs, and to give him more is INSANE! I am all for drafting a Punter if he's solid, in the latter rounds, but by all means I am bringing in competition in training camp. A good punter is an asset, **** I'd give Oakland a 3rd rounder for Lechler!!!

Jasonew6
02-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Larson is also a good punter at downing the ball inside the 20, and not having touchbacks. He had only 3 touchbacks. Only 2 punters in the league with more than 30 punts had fewer. And a 7 to 1 ratio of downed inside the 20 to touchbacks is pretty good. You can't just look at average yards. Especially on a decent offense that will cross the 50 fairly often. He was 10th in the NFL in percentage of punts downed inside the 20, and 5th in the NFL in ratio of punts downed inside the 20 to touchbacks.

devils advocate
02-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Larson is a good punter.He puts the ball inside the 20 with consistancy.His net totals are not indicative of his value.

That being said,we have more pressing issues and punters are relatively easy to come by,even good ones.

Jasonew6
02-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Larson is a good punter.He puts the ball inside the 20 with consistancy.His net totals are not indicative of his value.

That being said,we have more pressing issues and punters are relatively easy to come by,even good ones.

And the amount of money you would save by releasing him over a free agent or rookie punter should we lose him won't make a whole lot of difference in how good a "more important" player we could get.

GoldenArm9
02-02-2008, 02:06 PM
This isnt about Larson ..this about the 'low ball' offer ....i'm just saying if its done to Larson it could be done to Johnson -Jones ....ect ect ect

Jason
02-02-2008, 02:59 PM
If Lason would have kept his hands on the ball (Den), we would have made the playoffs in 06! Take the scraps you're offered, or be replaced! No skin off my back either way.

Jasonew6
02-02-2008, 03:00 PM
If Lason would have kept his hands on the ball (Den), we would have made the playoffs in 06! Take the scraps you're offered, or be replaced! No skin off my back either way.

Did you see that snap? That was not on Larson.

bengal_prideforlife
02-02-2008, 03:08 PM

Things I'm Told
Keep an eye on negotiations with Bengals unrestricted free agent punter Kyle Larson. I'm told the Bengals opening offer was very underwhelming.....called "low ball" by NFL sources I talked to.I say on fourth down we just have Carson chuck the ball down the field as hard as he can....I bet you he can throw it farther than Larson can kick it LOL

:sarcasm:

WhoDey_DbO
02-02-2008, 03:08 PM
We're talking about a punter... not a quarterback, or a wideout, but a punter. I would rather see us spend some money to improve our offense so that we don't have to punt as much rather than locking up a mediocre at best punter.

ShovelheadT
02-02-2008, 03:11 PM

Things I'm Told

His performance has been underwhelming. You're equating our negotiations with a crappy punter to how the rest of the off season will go? C'mon man.

Jason
02-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Did you see that snap? That was not on Larson.
I'm not pinning all of the blame on Larson. St. Louis, and Shayne (Pitt) deserve some too. I guess there is a lot to go around.

El_Crozo
02-02-2008, 04:09 PM
I'd almost say let Larson go if he won't accept the current offer.

tbone77
02-02-2008, 05:21 PM

Things I'm Told

Larson's agent must be pretty slick. He has been overpaid by the Bengals until now...he is a multi-millionaire. I think he made more than all of the active LBs in 2007, which is very disturbing.

:tiger:

Jasonew6
02-02-2008, 06:44 PM
We're talking about a punter... not a quarterback, or a wideout, but a punter. I would rather see us spend some money to improve our offense so that we don't have to punt as much rather than locking up a mediocre at best punter.

I'd almost say let Larson go if he won't accept the current offer.

The money we would save getting a cheaper punter isn't enough to make a difference in the quality of the other player we could sign. ANd if we get a worse punter, or mess up the chemistry of the FG crew it wouldn't be worth it.

Larson's agent must be pretty slick. He has been overpaid by the Bengals until now...he is a multi-millionaire. I think he made more than all of the active LBs in 2007, which is very disturbing.

:tiger:

He was more productive than most of our linebackers last year too.

tbone77
02-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Yea I guess you get what you pay for sometimes.

jamiethelanky
02-02-2008, 09:41 PM
there will be plenty of Punters out there...

scottdean24
02-02-2008, 10:43 PM
i agree, its just a punter. its almost like fantasy football you don't draft a kicker til the later rounds. if the defense is doing their job and the offense is doing theres who the punter is shouldn't matter anyway.

nford
02-03-2008, 01:33 AM
larson is solid he deserves about the average or since it is a new contract a right above average punters salary

tbone77
02-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Punters deserve what they can get...but the Bengals paid their punter more than their active LBs in 2007. Now consider what happened to the Bengals' LBs in 2007, and it begins to make sense.

That said, punting is widely believed to be the most important play in football.