PDA

View Full Version : Chad going to Pro Bowl

MulishaNick
02-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Randy Moss dropped ut of the Pro Bowl which means Chad is going.Hooray!!

fumblerooski
02-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Putting all the trade talk aside for a minute, I just wanted to congratulate Chad Johnson on making his 5th straight Pro Bowl. That is quite an accomplishment and proves that CJ and TJ are one of the best receiving tandems, if not the best, in the NFL. I'm now even more excited to watch the Pro Bowl this Sunday. Who Dey!

NATI BENGALS
02-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Alright!! Maybe that will cheer him up a bit. Are you for certain on this? Congrats to Chad if so.

Bengals Mike
Personally I think some of his frustration is coming from not making it to the Pro Bowl but now that he's made it for the 5th year in a row, hopefully he settles down and comes to his senses over everything, in 06 I think the collapse was a lot worse than all of last season but Chad wasn't as vocal or frustrated about it and he did go to Hawaii in 06 as well

MulishaNick
Alright!! Maybe that will cheer him up a bit. Are you for certain on this? Congrats to Chad if so.

It is on the Bengals homepage.

peteao
02-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Putting all the trade talk aside for a minute, I just wanted to congratulate Chad Johnson on making his 5th straight Pro Bowl. That is quite an accomplishment and proves that CJ and TJ are one of the best receiving tandems, if not the best, in the NFL. I'm now even more excited to watch the Pro Bowl this Sunday. Who Dey!

Yes, Congrrats CJ!

Who-Dey

theguru1301
I wouldn't be surprised to see him decline the invitation. Just seems like something he would do to continue his pouting and protesting, although it would have no affect i am sure.

MulishaNick
I can't wait till sunday.:Clap:

NATI BENGALS
02-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Sweet

thunderj4
02-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Randy moss is not going to the pro bowl so i might watch it now

WhoDeyGFX
02-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Has anyone read why Moss isn't going?

Bengals Mike
02-04-2008, 04:27 PM
it's typical for players on the losing Super Bowl team to skip it whether it's injury related or for morale reasons such as losing the Super Bowl, if I'm not mistaken I think Boomer Esiason even declined to go after the Bengals lost to the 49ers in 1989

DooDooMagoo
02-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Has anyone read why Moss isn't going?

might want to deal with his legal issues or maybe he's a little banged up from last night..

but in regards to chad going, I could care less.. I was behind chad 100% up until this past month and now I could care less for him as a bengal or as a person. He's garbage in my book. Hopefully he keeps talking and lobbying out there in hawaii to play for other teams so mike brown has more to backup suspending him without pay for the 2008 season and telling him to f off for us

DennyG2
02-04-2008, 04:33 PM
I am actually glad to hear it, no matter what, his play on the field was deserving. Maybe T.J. can talk some sense into him:thumbsup:

GBPackerBotkins
02-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Chad's taking his trade me tour to Hawaii, hopefully ESPN or FOX doesn't give him any air time or we're going to hear him whine all week again.

bengalsfan4ever
02-04-2008, 04:46 PM
great now we have to hear all the things he says there to?:wacko:

dadz
02-04-2008, 05:17 PM
WOW!
Anderson to Chad, hahahahahahahaha
Maybe he'll be asking to be traded to Cleveland this week.

warsteiner138
02-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Congrats to Chad!

DennyG2
02-04-2008, 05:28 PM
The only bad thing is it gives Chad another week with the media crying about how bad things are and wanting traded:(

cooey
02-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Hopefully it cheers him up.

Stewy
02-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Regardless of everything else. Congratz Chad. Well deserved.

Munchkin
02-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Chad's taking his trade me tour to Hawaii, hopefully ESPN or FOX doesn't give him any air time or we're going to hear him whine all week again.

Oh I bet they'll shove a mic in to his face every chance they get.

fatboy
02-04-2008, 05:45 PM
yeah. looks like its goin to be another interesting week in the Jungle. but hey, chad does deserve it. congrats.

khamla
02-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Common Chad cheer up! The city and the team wants you to stay. Just let it go man! We support you!

obrien775
02-04-2008, 06:00 PM
You know he is going to embarrass the team and the fans when he puts on a Miami helmet, or any other teams helmet for that matter, and starts whining and crying about how he wants out of the Nati. If he doesn't do that he'll find another way to make himself and the team look bad.

Jumbro
02-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Randy moss is not going to the pro bowl so i might watch it now

Must be just another example of a classy loser, right?

Man, what a classless act that whole organization was last night.

CONGRATS CHAD!:tiger:

the_truth_32
02-04-2008, 06:04 PM
to be honest who cares hes a cancer and a cry baby...... so long chad dont let tha door hit ya on tha way out

Kcombs25
02-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Looking at his numbers he deserves to go to the pro bowl and congrats to him for making it yet again but honestly he is probably just lookin at it as more time to talk **** about the bengals and the way they treated him.

chaffin94
02-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Just supending him would be stupid. Play him or trade him. There is no sense in having talent on the bench.

Jumbro
02-04-2008, 06:09 PM
to be honest who cares hes a cancer and a cry baby...... so long chad dont let tha door hit ya on tha way out

Honestly, you are in the minority with that thought

jimbengals
02-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Congrats to Chad. I hope this makes him a little happier and quit his whinning.

UofCbengalfan
02-04-2008, 06:28 PM
First of all, congrats Chad... Second of all, I am really torn about this whole situation... Here I had my mind made up, that I was ready for him to leave... Now that he is in the pro bowl it reminds me how much I enjoy watching him play... I really hope that he enjoys himself and figures out what he really wants and what is best for him.

boiiinng
02-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Brady's out, too...Derek Anderson will be starting. A Brown passing to a Bengal. Who'd have thunk it?

Derrick
02-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Chad can't help himself. He is afflicted. He is only happy when the mirror on the wall tells him he is the fairest of them all.

jamiethelanky
02-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Woot!

He's been as good as ever. Please stay Chad, don't listen to the moronic element...

Ravage
02-04-2008, 07:44 PM
A Brown passing to a Bengal. Who'd have thunk it?

It happened all the time, except we call them interceptions when it happens ;)

Glad to see Chad getting to go and not just as T.J.'s tag along. If NOTHING else, should he get his way and actually get dealt (which I both doubt, and hope doesn't happen) at least we'll have the Pro Bowl as a final time to see Chad and T.J. in the same helmet on the same team one last time. That being said I'll join the throngs of people on here already that are hoping the Hawaiian weather and Pro Bowl atmosphere calms him down a little bit.

momadance02
02-04-2008, 09:22 PM
"don't let the door hit you on the way out blah blah blah"
"who cares blah blah blah".

Congrats to Chad and hopefully this will give is attitude a boost. Of course I'm sure some of you just want to see him talk badly about Cincy so you can have more to complain about.

Eh-Nam
02-04-2008, 11:27 PM
It is just scary how after one upsetting year people are treating Chad like this.
One Bad year does not take away the great years he has been here.
God people on here are acting like there from Cleveland ..... its freaking me out.

Ibleedorange
02-04-2008, 11:31 PM
LOL...

Though it would be foolish of me to disregard Chad's antics, of which those during the first Browns game were the most immature and unprofessional of the season, to pin as many complaints on Chad, with the state of affairs surrounding this team, is frankly ludicrious.

For one, Chad and Carson's chemistry has come from the heavy amount of timing routes that keep them together. And even though Carson's sacks weren't as high as they were in 2006, the hurried throws were outrageous and killed their chemistry. And yet, Chad still finished with 1440 yards, and TJ also had a career year. Something went right there.

And when Chad shut up and put a muzzle on for the media, everyone immediately switched from calling him a showboat to accusing him of pouting.

And while everyone wants 85 shipped out of town for his demeanor, what about Marvin Lewis? Am I the only one that is sick, and feels it 10X worse, that while the team was stinking up the division that he's at his podium every Monday giggling up a storm and patronizing the media? This is the defensive "genious" whose best defensive year was 2003, his first year.

And then there's Mike Brown, the judge, jury and executioner of our perennially-doomed franchise. I understand that good football teams are rarely built, they just become... but hire a friggin GM already!!!

All in all, I stand by 85. I stand behind the guy that made TJ's year possible, performed under adversity, almost got his head ripped off in Buffalo and the larger issues with our team are so much friggin bigger than 85... if Chad leaving is what we call improvement in this city, then my team allegiance will seriously follow Chad out of town. Because complaining about Chad, or trading him or whatever is like putting a band-aid over a bullet-wound -- it won't help and the negligence involved will kill at least one season.

El_Crozo
02-05-2008, 02:52 AM
I don't really feel that all the facts have been presented in this situation, so I can't really comment either way. We're left with rumors from "inside sources" and nebulous statements from Chad that show that he is upset, and once again, I don't know either way about that.

nford
02-05-2008, 11:48 AM
this is what i was hoping for!
:tiger:Housh and CJ BENGALS FOREVER:tiger:

Iceman
02-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Oh I bet they'll shove a mic in to his face every chance they get.

Of course they will. And if they don't, he'll probably go find them.

Tailgater
02-05-2008, 06:17 PM
After all the junk he's been talking about wanting out of Cincy I can't believe people still support him. If I was Mike Brown, I wouldn't even let him use the Bengals jersey for the Pro Bowl. "You don't want to be a Bengal? Go get your own uniform."

Such a shame. He's one of the most talented receivers in the game but he's such a malcontent. Best to ship him off to wherever it is he thinks he'll be happy - because all he's going to create here is more misery.

Please send him packing because I'm tired of his act.

Eh-Nam
02-05-2008, 08:40 PM
LOL...

Though it would be foolish of me to disregard Chad's antics, of which those during the first Browns game were the most immature and unprofessional of the season, to pin as many complaints on Chad, with the state of affairs surrounding this team, is frankly ludicrious.

For one, Chad and Carson's chemistry has come from the heavy amount of timing routes that keep them together. And even though Carson's sacks weren't as high as they were in 2006, the hurried throws were outrageous and killed their chemistry. And yet, Chad still finished with 1440 yards, and TJ also had a career year. Something went right there.

And when Chad shut up and put a muzzle on for the media, everyone immediately switched from calling him a showboat to accusing him of pouting.

And while everyone wants 85 shipped out of town for his demeanor, what about Marvin Lewis? Am I the only one that is sick, and feels it 10X worse, that while the team was stinking up the division that he's at his podium every Monday giggling up a storm and patronizing the media? This is the defensive "genious" whose best defensive year was 2003, his first year.

And then there's Mike Brown, the judge, jury and executioner of our perennially-doomed franchise. I understand that good football teams are rarely built, they just become... but hire a friggin GM already!!!

All in all, I stand by 85. I stand behind the guy that made TJ's year possible, performed under adversity, almost got his head ripped off in Buffalo and the larger issues with our team are so much friggin bigger than 85... if Chad leaving is what we call improvement in this city, then my team allegiance will seriously follow Chad out of town. Because complaining about Chad, or trading him or whatever is like putting a band-aid over a bullet-wound -- it won't help and the negligence involved will kill at least one season.

Thats what I have been saying....

striped4war
02-05-2008, 10:25 PM
congrats chad,,you deserve it,,i just cant understand you talking down about our team when we bring in a new dc and lb coaches to try and improve.with odell and possibly pollack comming back?
makes no sense to me.
i have 3 of your jerseys and i will not wear a one this year,until you prove your not a me man,,

Tailgater
02-05-2008, 10:29 PM
i have 3 of your jerseys and i will not wear a one this year,until you prove your not a me man,,

You might as well burn them now.

Ibleedorange
02-05-2008, 10:48 PM
congrats chad,,you deserve it,,i just cant understand you talking down about our team when we bring in a new dc and lb coaches to try and improve.with odell and possibly pollack comming back?
makes no sense to me.

He never talked down about the team, threw anyone or anything under the bus or anything like that. You're just hearing what you want to hear, just like everyone else.

And you own 3 jerseys because when the Bengals were winning, you had no problems with his outspokenness or TD celebrations. But now that the chips are down, you are willing to make CJ the scapegoat for the team's problems, just like anyone else.

No worries dude, I seriously doubt that he'd care or want you to wear his jersies. ;)

Tailgater
02-05-2008, 11:08 PM
He never talked down about the team, threw anyone or anything under the bus or anything like that.

When Rome asked him who had his back, he said "Housh....... Carson." Rome asked "You and Carson have always been on the same page?" and CJ said "We better be". And he said nobody else had his back.

He said he wanted to be traded. He wants to play for a team that has a chance to win in the playoffs and get HIM to the Super Bowl. By him making these statements, he is effectively throwing the entire organization under the bus. Even if they did intend to trade him, by Chad acting the way he did the Bengals lost all bargaining power in a trade.

I don't blame him for last year's horrible season, but he is the ONLY one to blame for his current "Slam The Bengals" tour he has been on for the last few weeks. I don't know how you can stick up for a player who openly talks about not wanting to be here.

Ibleedorange
02-05-2008, 11:30 PM
I don't know how you can stick up for a player who openly talks about not wanting to be here.

That's pretty easy dude. What makes you think that he's gonna get a ring with the Bengals?

I mean, I love my orange and black but, there's something that I've kinda come to realize after this year. With Mike Brown in charge, no GM, the smallest (and therefore least relevant) scouting team in the NFL... CJ seeing a ring with the Bengals is rather unlikely. And I feel sad for Chad that he's contractually obligated to be here until he's 34 and that the front office, the coaches, the teammates AND THE FANS enabled his behavior -- while everything looked good. But as soon as the Bengals started becoming the same old Bungles -- everyone turns on Chad. Not giggling-on-Monday Marvin, not Mike Brown, but Chad.

It's pretty simple to me. I know Chad makes a lot of money but the heart of an athlete always wants to win. And while everyone wants to throw around their opinions and flex their inner fanboy, I prefer to consider his contributions through his career and what's waiting for him if he stays, and the Bengals would reap a much better reward from Chad's performance than Chad would from the Bengals.

ShovelheadT
02-05-2008, 11:58 PM
Honestly, you are in the minority with that thought

Maybe 49%/50%....this board does not represent all of Bengaldom.

Tailgater
02-06-2008, 06:39 AM
And I feel sad for Chad that he's contractually obligated to be here until he's 34 and that the front office, the coaches, the teammates AND THE FANS enabled his behavior -- while everything looked good. But as soon as the Bengals started becoming the same old Bungles -- everyone turns on Chad. Not giggling-on-Monday Marvin, not Mike Brown, but Chad.

He signed the contract - he should honor it. And he should do so without acting like a jacka55 on national tv.

Marvin's giggling is a nervous tick. I agree it's annoying, but he doesn't mean anything by it.

Mike Brown is a joke.

LarryC So. Cal Fan
02-06-2008, 11:48 AM
That's pretty easy dude. What makes you think that he's gonna get a ring with the Bengals?

I mean, I love my orange and black but, there's something that I've kinda come to realize after this year. With Mike Brown in charge, no GM, the smallest (and therefore least relevant) scouting team in the NFL... CJ seeing a ring with the Bengals is rather unlikely. And I feel sad for Chad that he's contractually obligated to be here until he's 34 and that the front office, the coaches, the teammates AND THE FANS enabled his behavior -- while everything looked good. But as soon as the Bengals started becoming the same old Bungles -- everyone turns on Chad. Not giggling-on-Monday Marvin, not Mike Brown, but Chad.

It's pretty simple to me. I know Chad makes a lot of money but the heart of an athlete always wants to win. And while everyone wants to throw around their opinions and flex their inner fanboy, I prefer to consider his contributions through his career and what's waiting for him if he stays, and the Bengals would reap a much better reward from Chad's performance than Chad would from the Bengals.

Cry me a river, please. Chad is no different than Willie Anderson or Richie Braham or Justin Smith. They all have played with the Bengals for a while and they all toiled in the losing and the bungle days. Did they get on National TV and hang their head and scoff at predictions by the TV people that the Bengals are real close. Never! Not one time have they mouthed their discontent to the public airwaves. Does Reggie Kelly **** and moan that he is not going to the Super Bowl. Good grief people even I can see that Chad is a cancer. Every one of you, and I mean every one of you hated the way T.O. acted at Philly yet you still defend Chad here; why? He is making it clear he does not want to be in Cincinnati; do we need another Carl Pickens?

Chad signed a 6 year contract to play for Cincinnati, I don't recall during that signing, or for days after the signing, that he once mentioned it was contingent on him making the pro bowl or the Bengals going to the Super Bowl. Sure all players would like to be in the Super Bowl during their career but there are more that have not been than there are those who have been. Chad needs to either grow up or leave. I suspect it will be the latter.

o&b
02-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Congrats to Chad!!!!

You are one who deserves it!!!! I will be wearing my CJ jersey on sundayand in all of 08, cause you will be a Bengal for life, and you WILL win a SB while wearing stripes.

this will be a special 2008...I guarantee it!

MulishaNick
02-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Congrats to Chad!!!!

You are one who deserves it!!!! I will be wearing my CJ jersey on sundayand in all of 08, cause you will be a Bengal for life, and you WILL win a SB while wearing stripes.

this will be a special 2008...I guarantee it!

I agree.I also will be supporting Chad through 2008 by wearing my jersey.He has done alot for this team over his years here and i know that he will win a Super Bowl here in Cincinnati.Matter a fact i think he will retire a Bengal.

esc1
02-08-2008, 03:00 PM
**** on Chad for turning his back on the team and the fans. Another Corey Dillon in the making. Someone remind him he's an alternate.

busamboy
02-08-2008, 03:04 PM
**** on Chad for turning his back on the team and the fans. Another Corey Dillon in the making. Someone remind him he's an alternate.

Haha, I think that is why he is so angry. He heard somebody say TJ is a better all around receiver and he lost it. His interviews make me think he is taking antidepressant medication because he has finally realized it.

QBkilla
02-08-2008, 06:33 PM

Not me that ******* should be home ccrying about being traded.