PDA

View Full Version : The Draft and the future is here. MOVING ON WITHOUT THEM

kevin
04-25-2008, 12:15 PM
So here we are......DRAFT DAY !!!!!

The odds are very good it will be a USC Trojan....either DT Sedrick Ellis or LB Keith Rivers. .....either one can come in here and not only start but be a major impact player on this defense. Consider if you will that the last 3 drafts have been defense in the 1st round. David Pollack, Jonathan Joseph and Leon Hall. This team is trying to get defense. Pollack was a set back. That gets addressed right away in this draft. We have the two blue chip cornerbacks. Now its back to the front seven and the best athlete available. ......and add that even though we lost Pollack, we may be getting Thurman and Brooks back and I've heard we may still have Calb Miller who use to start for us and Marvin Lewis said he really liked Millers intensity. Plus we picked up some linebackers this off season in free agency who could factor in. ...and do we still have Jeantry ?

In the secondary we have Ndukwe and Deltha also plus some others.

We have Geathers, Peko, Odom, Myers, Thorton on the line plus some others.

After this 2008 draft, WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A VERY GOOD DEFENSE. ...The two first round corners are growing up and if Thurman can return and play like an All Pro as he did in 2005 ( see 2005 Bengal Highlight film, Its all Odell Thurman ), and add the 1st round defensive player we will get in just a few hours now, this defense will be alot better.

Plus we have 10 picks so we will get help at all the defensive positions in this draft. I'm very excited about our defense in 2008. This may finally look like a Marvin Lewis Super Bowl Ravens Defense.

ON OFFENSE, ...we will get some help in the draft. Not sure who or where.

Lets not kid ourselves, losing Henry AND Chad hurts.....BUT.......this offense needed some changes anyway. Really did. Defenses just seemed to have it figured out. I think they figured out our plays we call at the line of scrimmage. As Palmer called the plays, teams were just dropping in the perfect coverage as if they knew exactly what he was calling. Hey, they are NFL defensive players. They figured out our system the way it looked to me, and we didn't catch on that the defenses knew. ....I think we know now after spygate and all. Marvin Lewis wants to huddle more, alot more. The offense needed some changes anyway because it was getting stuffed, even with Chad, TJ and Henry....DEFENSES WERE STOPPING US, they had us figured out......BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD.

So we change the offense some and we go back to the huddle instead of going to the line and telling the defense which play is coming. We were starting to get Wickey Wacky again with this stuff. Coach Lewis is right, go back to using the huddle. It was starting to be like, " OK everybody, run this play. Oh defense, you aren't supoose to be hearing us ". ...and the Hurry Up was getting delay of game calls, whats up with that. Sometimes on the first play of the game and no excuse for that.

We have Palmer, we have TJ, we have some other recievers, we have Rudi back, We have Watson and don't forget how good Dorsey looked in 2007. I haven't seen a Bengal runner get outside that fast since James Brooks and thats big in football. A fast RB like Dorsey thats outside before the defense knows it. I like Holt and Chattams and I think they can be more productive if brought into the offense in the Spring instead of the Fall. We still have Big Willie and Levi and some good linemen in between them. We have some tight ends now. ......We will get offensive help in the draft and this offense will have some more weapons......Carson Palmer is going to put points on the board, it may be a different offense than we are use to seeing, but its time for a different offense because the old one was getting stuffed.

So all in all, I'm very excited about this draft with us having 10 picks.

10 NEW BENGALS....thats alot.....you can really improve a team ASAP with 10 new players in just 2 days time. ...plus it will be more than 10, Marvin Lewis will work the phones after the draft and get those undrafted players in here. It could be more like 15 new Bengal players. Don't sell those undrafted players short. There aren't as many rounds as there use to be so Bob Trumpy would have been undrafted as many star Bengals would have been udrafted.

So lets bring these 10 to 15 new Bengals into the fold AND MOVE ON WITHOUT. ....We are going to have a good defense and we are going to score points. Two players can't stop us....WE MOVE ON.

GO BENGALS !!!!!!

Fortune
04-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Another player who would not be drafted is Tim Krumrie who was a tenth round draft pick.

77cincyrage
04-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Good Post.:Clap:

battey60
04-25-2008, 01:24 PM
who dey :tiger:

far away bengal
04-25-2008, 01:24 PM
So here we are......DRAFT DAY !!!!!

The odds are very good it will be a USC Trojan....either DT Sedrick Ellis or LB Keith Rivers. .....either one can come in here and not only start but be a major impact player on this defense. Consider if you will that the last 3 drafts have been defense in the 1st round. David Pollack, Jonathan Joseph and Leon Hall. This team is trying to get defense. Pollack was a set back. That gets addressed right away in this draft. We have the two blue chip cornerbacks. Now its back to the front seven and the best athlete available. ......and add that even though we lost Pollack, we may be getting Thurman and Brooks back and I've heard we may still have Calb Miller who use to start for us and Marvin Lewis said he really liked Millers intensity. Plus we picked up some linebackers this off season in free agency who could factor in. ...and do we still have Jeantry ?

In the secondary we have Ndukwe and Deltha also plus some others.

We have Geathers, Peko, Odom, Myers, Thorton on the line plus some others.

After this 2008 draft, WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A VERY GOOD DEFENSE. ...The two first round corners are growing up and if Thurman can return and play like an All Pro as he did in 2005 ( see 2005 Bengal Highlight film, Its all Odell Thurman ), and add the 1st round defensive player we will get in just a few hours now, this defense will be alot better.

Plus we have 10 picks so we will get help at all the defensive positions in this draft. I'm very excited about our defense in 2008. This may finally look like a Marvin Lewis Super Bowl Ravens Defense.

ON OFFENSE, ...we will get some help in the draft. Not sure who or where.

Lets not kid ourselves, losing Henry AND Chad hurts.....BUT.......this offense needed some changes anyway. Really did. Defenses just seemed to have it figured out. I think they figured out our plays we call at the line of scrimmage. As Palmer called the plays, teams were just dropping in the perfect coverage as if they knew exactly what he was calling. Hey, they are NFL defensive players. They figured out our system the way it looked to me, and we didn't catch on that the defenses knew. ....I think we know now after spygate and all. Marvin Lewis wants to huddle more, alot more. The offense needed some changes anyway because it was getting stuffed, even with Chad, TJ and Henry....DEFENSES WERE STOPPING US, they had us figured out......BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD.

So we change the offense some and we go back to the huddle instead of going to the line and telling the defense which play is coming. We were starting to get Wickey Wacky again with this stuff. Coach Lewis is right, go back to using the huddle. It was starting to be like, " OK everybody, run this play. Oh defense, you aren't supoose to be hearing us ". ...and the Hurry Up was getting delay of game calls, whats up with that. Sometimes on the first play of the game and no excuse for that.

We have Palmer, we have TJ, we have some other recievers, we have Rudi back, We have Watson and don't forget how good Dorsey looked in 2007. I haven't seen a Bengal runner get outside that fast since James Brooks and thats big in football. A fast RB like Dorsey thats outside before the defense knows it. I like Holt and Chattams and I think they can be more productive if brought into the offense in the Spring instead of the Fall. We still have Big Willie and Levi and some good linemen in between them. We have some tight ends now. ......We will get offensive help in the draft and this offense will have some more weapons......Carson Palmer is going to put points on the board, it may be a different offense than we are use to seeing, but its time for a different offense because the old one was getting stuffed.

So all in all, I'm very excited about this draft with us having 10 picks.

10 NEW BENGALS....thats alot.....you can really improve a team ASAP with 10 new players in just 2 days time. ...plus it will be more than 10, Marvin Lewis will work the phones after the draft and get those undrafted players in here. It could be more like 15 new Bengal players. Don't sell those undrafted players short. There aren't as many rounds as there use to be so Bob Trumpy would have been undrafted as many star Bengals would have been udrafted.

So lets bring these 10 to 15 new Bengals into the fold AND MOVE ON WITHOUT. ....We are going to have a good defense and we are going to score points. Two players can't stop us....WE MOVE ON.

GO BENGALS !!!!!!

Great overall post.

I liked the part of the WRs. Yes, IT HURTS!!!!! To lose Henry and Chad at the same time. But, if Brady did what he did (3 SBs) without receivers, god knows what Carson can do. I'm not saying he's better or worse than Brady, I'm just saying. All he needs is a healthy O line. I think we'll have our running game back, which will help our offense a lot!!!! And the Utecht addition also helps a lot!!!!

Everything is calmed now after the storm(this unlucky past two years). Obviously, that's ignoring the whole Chad situation.

10 picks is a lot. Specially in our situation. We already have a lot of talent. Marvin has done a great job, regardless of what a lot of people here say. We were really unlucky this past 2 years. That's all.

And this defense is looking like finally they have something to prove. Specially for Thurman. That's the most important point. The attitude that they will bring to the field. I'm sure that Zimmer will make them focus on the right aggressive attitude. And I hope he finds the schemes that best fit our D.

Go Bengals!!!!! :tiger:

BullsEye1
04-25-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't know, I guess I'm just not as optimistic about the Bengals' future with their current roster as everyone else is - especially on defense. We're talking about a team that has finished in the bottom 5-6 in total defense every year since Marvin has been here. What really have the Bengals done so far to improve this defense as compared to last year?? Smith and Williams, possibly the two best players on that side of the ball, are gone. Odom probably makes up for the loss of Smith, but he's only really had one good year. Sure, getting Brooks and Thurman back sounds great and all, but Brooks still has VERY little game experience and Thurman has been out of the league twice as long as part of the team the last three years. How much can you really count on those two next season? I have the same type of apprehension about the offense - can Rudi get back to being Rudi? Will Perry be healthy and can Watson/Dorsey repeat or improve off of what they did at the end of last season? What is going to happen with the passing game without a real deep threat?

It's almost as if for every thing you can be optimistic for, I could probably shoot it down with reasons not to be hopeful. I guess in the same token everything I just said above you could probably give reasons to look forward to next season. That is probably the worst thing after a losing/underachieving season - there is just so much uncertainty and so many question marks that I just don't know how to feel about it....