PDA

View Full Version : Preseason Wishlist.

Jus10
08-09-2008, 03:12 PM
What do you want to see established in the 4 preseason Bengals games???

Personally, I'd like to see:

- as much Keith Rivers as possible, since he missed a lot of camp due to the holdout.

- I'd also like to see how effective, (if at all) Frostee Rucker will be.

- The different combinations at MLB, and also the basic defensive scheme, seeing our Bengals lined up to Zimmer's liking. This will be refreshing!

- A few J.Palmer snaps, as well as some solid Fitzpatrick play. I wanna see who our steady #2 QB will be, for the long-term hopefully.

- Finally, I wanna see LESS play at HB from Rudi, Kenny, & Perry during the Preseason. For obvious reasons. I'm not sure who else is available at HB, or even FB. But I would like to see Coates take a few handoffs.

whodey1302
08-09-2008, 03:18 PM
My preseason wishlist is really quite simple: NO INJURIES PLEASE!!!!!

Magikod
08-09-2008, 03:21 PM
I really want to see the following:

-Chris Perry finally return on the field, he plays as much as the first team offense does.

-Keith Rivers sense we havn't heard much about him except being signed late.

-How Carson and Chad can connect like they did in '05, we need them to work together.

-Is Shirley going to be a starter for us this year? I really want to see him against an offensive line, see if he can penetrate.

-See how Marvin, Leon and JJ perfrom in the secondary.

McC
08-09-2008, 04:20 PM
1-Defense playing aggressively, knocking some people around, attacking offenses.
2-Rookie WR's showing even a little something.
3-Carson Palmer on the money and quickly on the bench.
4-Somebody running the ball effectively.
5-Chris Perry bust a long one, be it run or pass.

Weazzel80
08-09-2008, 05:00 PM
1. NO INJURIES!!!
2. The new defensive looks with Mike Zimmer
3. No injuries
4. I want to see Ahmad Brooks play good
5. Keith Rivers looking good
6. Marvin White looking good
7. No Injuries
8. Willie Anderson starting
9. No injuries:thumbsup:

Toy Cannon
08-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Let's see if Ahmad Brooks can be a pass rusher. Apparently the new defensive coaches don't think much of him as a linebacker.

Armoredcar
08-09-2008, 06:14 PM
I kinda wish they'd just bench Chad till the last game. Seems like that ankle is still bothering him. Plus how much is Chad really gonna gain from 1 quarter in a preseason game......give the young guys those reps.

dust
08-09-2008, 06:58 PM
1. see chris perry's explosiveness, in LIMITED action
2. solid run blocking from the o-line
3. deltha o'neal looking good returning punts.
4. dbs challenging passing lanes
5. NO INJURIES

Carson4mvp
08-09-2008, 07:08 PM

I 2nd that! :thumbsup:

Magikod
08-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Let's see if Ahmad Brooks can be a pass rusher. Apparently the new defensive coaches don't think much of him as a linebacker.

Could see him possibly move to DE?

Kmax
08-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Dear Santa,
I have been a very good fan this year. I've not once used a curse word in reference to my team this season, I've kept my seat on the wagon despite a losing record of 7-9, I've put my faith in the coaches judgment for taking a little-known Division II receiver in Round 2, and I've even forgiven Ocho Cinco for his ludicrous rants during the off season, so if it's not too much trouble Mr. Claus, for this preseason, I'd like...

1 - No Injuries
2 - A solid showing of attitude and aggressiveness from our new defensive scheme
3 - Signs of improvement and potential from our rookie receivers
4 - A shiny new bicycle
5 - A high energy, high caliber performance from our lineman, both offensive and defensive

Oh, and if it's not too much trouble Santa, could the Steelers and their 'Terrible Towel' suffer a dismal and disheartening preseason as well? Just enough to demoralize them for the season itself.

Anxiously awaiting Monday Night,
Kyle

P.S. - A nice, fun, Chad Johnson TD celebration might be nice too. :excited:

Son of Stat
08-09-2008, 08:03 PM
3rd wide receiver - someone , anyone making a definitive claim for the spot. We've been waiting for Chatman for 2 seasons...this has to be his opportunity.

Center Options - Ghiaciuc being impressive would be great but i'm not sure he's ever gonna be anything other than the line's weak link, I'm really looking to see who get's reps at Center in preseason..will they move one of the other starters over in preseason or just see how Santucci goes. My wish would be to put Williams in at Center and see how it goes in a game situation

Full Back.. Coats shows he's a NFL full back. This is such a big risk to our offense this year..if he cannot show he can perform in the pre season and J-Johnson is still nowhere near game ready we could be in real trouble

RDE... Rucker proving he's not a bust. Without Odom if he cannot make his presence felt this pre season I'm not sure he'll be a Bengal past this season.

Return Threat ... i'd love to see some grounds for optimism that we have a genuine return threat inthe pre season..hello Deltah O'Neal

goalpost
08-10-2008, 12:56 AM
1. The defense stops the run.
2. We run a tight end route of more than 20 yards.
3. Our special teams look solid
4. No major injuries.
5. Rudi's injury doesn't linger

Jasonew6
08-10-2008, 01:03 AM
1. No injuries.
2. The defense contests every pass.
3. The defense stops the run.
4. The offense runs the football.
5. No 10 yard cushions on 3rd and 9.

eoxyod
08-10-2008, 01:03 AM

a6pk2go
08-10-2008, 01:20 AM
1. I know injuries will happen but my wish is that no substanial injuries occur.
2. Zim and Fritz have the "D" clicking on all cylinders and become at least a top 15 squad.
3. I hope Eric has a better year at CENTER or we have someone to fill that spot because that is the weakest link on the O-Line.
4. I hope we can send at least 5 or more players to the Pro-Bowl which would mean we had an awesome year.
5. We find the 3rd receiver asap b4 the season starts. IMO Maxwell has a shot at it.
6. We have at least 2 guys with more than 10 sacks apiece and the team has at least 35 or more for the entire year.
7. We beat the Cowboys on Oct 5th.
8. We sweep our division or at least win 5 of 6
9.Palmer wins the MVP
10. The Bengals go deep into the playoffs. (IMO the SB is a reach this year BUT if we can get there I want a WIN this time)
11. Rudi has over 1100 yds with at least a 4.1 avg. per run.
12. Chris Perry has at least 700 running yds and stays healthy for the entire year.
13. I would also like to win the pick-em league on the MB this year.
14. Joe's daughter gets the internship at NASA.