PDA

View Full Version : The good, The Bad, and the Ugly of preseason game 1

The-Wise-Old-Bengal-Fan
08-12-2008, 02:00 AM
The good, peko looked like a pro bowl DT demanding double teams, throwing peple around. Sims and shirley looked pretty good bullrishing in thief few reps. Geathers and dexter Jackson showed they still got game. If Pittsburgh has "Fast Willie Parker" we got "Faster Chris Perry". White can deliver ball jarring hits. OL looked good. Carson played with his new toy Utecht. David Jones is not our starting corner!

The Bad, drop drops drops, too many dropped passes, Still need another NFL DT to join Peko, Odom and Tj still out with injuries (didn't include Rudi cause I think that is a blessing in disguise) chad still needs to work on his run blocking and YAC.

The Ugly, John Thorton is a starting DT, he was man handled all night, our defense needs to work on wrapping up, Carsons play action is horribly non existant. David Jones covered his reciever on a post route while his reciever ran all alone for an uncontested incompletion on a post-corner. Although different plays and weapons were obtained and used, by the 4th qtr. GB realized our MO on offense is still run,run,pass

Marshall.Law
08-12-2008, 03:21 AM
The Good: Chris Perry, no injuries, I got to watch the Bengals on MNF...kinda

The bad:Hall looked like he took a step backwards from last year

The ugly: TACKLING I think this has happened for years now...we are poor tacklers

Bengalized
08-12-2008, 07:18 AM
I hope they tackle better in the regular season, because the tackling last night was pathetic. No NFL team should have that many missed tackles. The defense needs to spend the rest of camp working on the fundamentals.

jc81622
08-12-2008, 08:02 AM
The Good: Chris Perry, no injuries, I got to watch the Bengals on MNF...kinda

The bad:Hall looked like he took a step backwards from last year

The ugly: TACKLING I think this has happened for years now...we are poor tacklers

is everybody mistaken jones for hall or something? Hall didnt even get tested from what I seen? Everyone is acting like he had the worst game of his life?

The main thing we should take away from this game like you said was tackling. We had the hitting part down at least just need to learn to wrap up.

I cant believe you said bengals on mnf was a good thing, unless of cuorse you muted tony K. I can normally deal with the announcers but to call that classless clown an announcer wuold be fooling ourselves.

WhatDefense?
08-12-2008, 08:46 AM
The Good: the starting DB's hit pretty well and covered decently

The Bad: The starting O couldn't open holes for the running game.
The starting D line got zero push while they were in.
The D can't tackle worth a damn.

The Ugly: The Packers Cheerleaders

12thmanontheBengals
08-12-2008, 09:18 AM
The Good:
-PLAY CALLING! everyone forgets, we won that game with backups...that means our coaching staff knows what plays to call.
-Perry. Was. Awesome.
-Utecht looked sweet too.
-Seeing the other palmer in a bengals uniform was kinda funny too.
-Props to Aaron Rodgers for having a pretty sweet game :)

The Bad:
-Nonaggressive secondary.
-Chad? Chad? Chad?
-Holt & Chatman need to be cut. (ok, that's a bit extreme....)
-Did Zman teach these guys to tackle yet? Or have they each been given private lesson w/ Jonathan Joseph?

The Ugly:
-"Favre"--said 30 times from kickoff to halftime.