PDA

View Full Version : Chad's jersey now officially will say Ocho Cinco!!

Roaring_Tiger
09-04-2008, 04:53 PM
http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7020

BigJohnWC
09-04-2008, 04:53 PM
The main page is changed with the roster ... He's now listed as Chad Ocho Cinco.

Here's the link from Lance's blog:
http://www.thelotd.com/lance/blog

Does he have to pay Reebok like Rivers may have to?

WHO DEY!

BigJohnWC
09-04-2008, 04:54 PM
HAHA ... we both posted this at exactly the same time!

DelawareBengal
09-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Hopefully the knock-off "authentic" jersey will show up on eBay so I can replace my current Johnson jersey.

Carson4mvp
09-04-2008, 04:55 PM
:rotf: He has issues!

BigJohnWC
09-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Hopefully the knock-off "authentic" jersey will show up on eBay so I can replace my current Johnson jersey.

Actually THAT jersey has been available for nearly a year or more. My girlfriend grabbed one last year. High-quality knockoff ... but a nice jersey nonetheless.

theWhoDeyKid
09-04-2008, 04:58 PM
It is amazing he knows how to legally change his name but doen't know how to pay taxes :wacko:

Roaring_Tiger
09-04-2008, 05:00 PM
yea..i have an ocho-cinco jersey too!! m pumped to wear it now..lol!

DelawareBengal
09-04-2008, 05:01 PM
It is amazing he knows how to legally change his name but doen't know how to pay taxes :wacko:

He needs more money to pay Drew Rosenhaus so he can actually be traded next year. just kidding

Mean And Ang-a-Ree
09-04-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm conflicted about this a bit...part of me thinks it's great and really funny...the other half wishes he'd just shut up and play. Either way, I love that he has fun, and he seems to have the most fun when he's making DBs look clueless. I just really hope he can back it up this year a little better than last season.

Riklanim
09-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Good thing I didn't waste my money on Chad Jersey 1.0

DaytonBen-Gal
09-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Wow...just when I thought I'd seen everything....:rolleyes::lol:

PhxBENGALfanatic
09-04-2008, 05:24 PM
A Chad Johnson aka Ocho Cinco jersey is never a waste. He is excitement and he will perform!

GeRow
09-04-2008, 05:31 PM
"Just shut up and play" is thrown around an awful lot seeing how the season hasent even starten and all. He was the same person last year and gave us 1400 yards, same guy the year before and gave us 1400ish yards, ect ect. I love the fact that he changed his name, makes me giggle like Marvin every time I see it posted somewhere, and the fact that he is still probably going to give us 1400 yards and 10+ TD's makes it all the better.

whodey317
09-04-2008, 06:27 PM
"Just shut up and play" is thrown around an awful lot seeing how the season hasent even starten and all. He was the same person last year and gave us 1400 yards, same guy the year before and gave us 1400ish yards, ect ect. I love the fact that he changed his name, makes me giggle like Marvin every time I see it posted somewhere, and the fact that he is still probably going to give us 1400 yards and 10+ TD's makes it all the better.

yea "just shut up and play" being said a lot for a guy playing with that shoulder injury and putting off surgery to play. he's already said he wants to make peace 4 what he's done over this offseason. that's good enough 4 me.

DennyG2
09-04-2008, 06:40 PM
http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7020
Ocho Psycho:ninja:

BigSmelly420
09-04-2008, 08:36 PM
I wish I could change my board name to BigSmelly Ocho Cinco.

How can I do that?

Who2Dey
09-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Don't buy the jersey...just replace the nameplate! Times are hard on everyone these days except anyone involved in the NFL. But if you'd rather pay 80 dollars instead of 20 that is your decision. Hopefully this time Chad uses your money more wisely.

Housh
09-04-2008, 08:39 PM
idc about him going insane if he scores

BOTN
09-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Good for Chad - he deserves it. And hats off to him. I saw a report that estimates he will make 2 to 3 million by changing his name. For that much, you can call me S*** H*** - ha ha

RalliArtEvo
09-04-2008, 09:27 PM
this is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. Chad is a great player, but he's also a ***** moron.

lumberBengal
09-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Haha I saw this when I was looking at the Depth Chart and I spat the water I was drink all over the screen, in laughter

maclanta
09-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Don't buy the jersey...just replace the nameplate! Times are hard on everyone these days except anyone involved in the NFL. But if you'd rather pay 80 dollars instead of 20 that is your decision. Hopefully this time Chad uses your money more wisely.

how, or should i say where do you change nameplates?

i bet i'm not the only person out there that could end up with a sweet odell... er corey mays jersey.

whodey1967
09-04-2008, 10:03 PM
next thing we hear will be of Mr. Ocho being an illegal immigrant.:rotf:

djam
09-04-2008, 10:07 PM
:rotf: He has issues!

More issues than Newsweek, but I love'm regardless. He's a great WR and super fun. :thumbsup:

deviant
09-04-2008, 10:25 PM
I got a Carson, Chad, and TJ away 'authentic' knock off from cargolargo for $35 total, so about 12 a piece.

They have the black ones for a little more, and the orange ones for about the same price... I got the black TJ knock off for $45 bucks from them.

They always have jerseys that failed to sale on there E-bay auctions at their home site... I would check there, you don't even have to bid.

They are the highest quality knock off I have ever seen... They don't fade like most of the knock off jerseys I've bought before, they have the right size and font numbers on them, plus white part actually blends into the sleeve right unlike nearly every other knock off that has been avialable for the last few years (if you know what I mean, the white panels on the sides of the jersey that go up from the bottom and to the end of the sleeves used to come up and square off in the arm pits on all the knock of authentics, it looked really odd... the ones I've bought from cargo largo don't have that problem, the white panels smoothly blend with the other colors in the arm pit part of the jersey...
I've been hard pressed to actually find a difference between the actual authentic Thurman jersey I bought and the 4 knock offs I bought.

I will be looking for the Ocho knock offs within the next week or two.

kevin
09-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Several Points :

Point 1. I lived through Cassius Clay changing his name to Mohammed Ali. People didn't get it at first, but Howard Cossell was right, that was his choice and his right. Lew Alcindor became Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Point 2. Chad Johnson was going to sit out this year. It would be nice to have Carson Palmer throwing to him, TJ and when he comes back, Henry.

Point 3. Since Chad didn't sit out, he can call himself 85 ( Ocho Cinco ) or whatever number or name he wants to call himself as far as I'm concerned. As long as he isn't sitting out.

GO 85 !!!! Go Bengals !!!!

Who2Dey
09-04-2008, 11:05 PM
how, or should i say where do you change nameplates?

i bet i'm not the only person out there that could end up with a sweet odell... er corey mays jersey.

I'd say any sporting good store that sells authentic jerseys. There is a place here in cincy that has blank Bengal jerseys and will put whatever number/name on em.

Who2Dey
09-04-2008, 11:07 PM
Several Points :

Point 1. I lived through Cassius Clay changing his name to Mohammed Ali. People didn't get it at first, but Howard Cossell was right, that was his choice and his right. Lew Alcindor became Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Come on now. I don't care that Chad changed his name, but you're not really trying to compare Muslim beliefs to "Ocho freakin Cinco" are you.

DelawareBengal
09-04-2008, 11:29 PM
I think the best bet would be to buy a Velcro nameplate like Chad had Carson rip off last season. I'd imagine this name change is only for this season and he will again be a Johnson next season.

Utts
09-04-2008, 11:55 PM
I'm going to order a custom jersey #85 with the name: Mucho Morono

eoxyod
09-04-2008, 11:56 PM
I'm going to order a custom jersey #85 with the name: Mucho Morono

:lol:
that would be awesome

twizbuck
09-05-2008, 12:04 AM
Let's trade him to San Diego for a couple first rounders and see him try to fight Gates for the #85 jersey...

eoxyod
09-05-2008, 12:06 AM
Let's trade him to San Diego for a couple first rounders and see him try to fight Gates for the #85 jersey...

lets get Shaun Phillips and a second rounder

twizbuck
09-05-2008, 12:08 AM
lets get Shaun Phillips and a second rounder

Works for me. I just want to see a clip of him being carted out of the press conference when he tells Gates he gets #85 and there's not a damn thing he can do about it. :lol:

GreenDragon
09-05-2008, 09:00 AM
It would be hilarious if they changed his number to 81 or something.

Chad: "What? Ocho Cinco can't wear Ocho Uno!"

Madden09
09-05-2008, 09:57 AM
When I first heard about Chad changing his name I laughed, then I said he is lost it. I thought well if he makes less than 10% on each jersey sold it's a good business deal for him and he may make some of that money back that he wanted in a new contract. As a fan I think it's just an opening day distraction and I hope it doesn't affect his play. Each time Chad comes up with a pepto attention getter he seems to get shut out that week. If he goes out there catches 3 TDS and goes over 100 yards it's fine with the name change. If he lays an egg in Baltimore then he is Chad just being Chad thinking only of hiself.

Roaring_Tiger
09-05-2008, 09:58 AM
m rocking my "ocho cinco" jersey at work today!! m glad he changed his name!!!:tiger:

Joe from Florence
09-05-2008, 10:17 AM
what will you replace it with? Chad "Big Turd"

thats what he is, what a moron he is.

I predict this being the Jump the Shark for Chad's career.

he will now go down hill and fast

Poncho
09-05-2008, 10:20 AM
As a fan I think it's just an opening day distraction and I hope it doesn't affect his play.

You think the extra weight on the name plate might increase his drag coefficient or something? Or perhaps that he might be looking over his shoulder pads the entire game just to check out the new jersey?