PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Wants To Build From Youth But Does That Work?

GodFather07
10-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Marvin said in an interview ealier that he has young guys coming in and obviously with the recent cuts is trying to build this team up from youth, but does that actually ever pan out? If it takes 3 years for our team to mature into a competitive solid team whats going to happen to our key players in the future while were banking on the younger guys to step up and deliver?
I wonder about Carson, its not too often you have a Palmer running your offense, will we be shopping for a new QB down the line cause by the time and "IF" this team does mature to the point where everyone is playing the way they should be will our current players who are already there be on the downside of their careers?

I always thought a mix of youth and maturity and seasoned vets make up a great team and too much of sone side or the other leaves too many negatives for others to expose your team.

Mikey B
10-07-2008, 09:50 AM
IT don't work forever. I mean, it is not exactly a perennial fomula for success. If the "youths" do not become seasoned veterans, but rather go off to play for other teams, you can count on a lot of 6-10 seasons.

Who2Dey
10-07-2008, 09:51 AM
It doesn't work for us and here is why.

1. Our older veterans can't wait to get out of here.
2. we don't bring in veterans through free agency.
3. we waste alot of draft picks. Not a good thing when you primarily build through the draft.

Danno
10-07-2008, 09:54 AM
The problem is that we keep building from youth. Why? Because we stick on our drafting and have to keep redoing position picks.

Mike Brown needs to hire scouts or step down.