PDA

View Full Version : Cutting their losses? Bengals fans dump tickets

DA2EdwardsTD
10-14-2008, 12:10 PM
Is this you guys trying to show up Mike Brown?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3642621

Or do u guys just give up on your "team" Browns fans have been there filling the stadium through thick and thin, no matter if we are 0-16, u only have 8 games to see your beloved team leave it all on the field for your city. Or you might have just had it......?????

rockintheboat
10-14-2008, 12:15 PM

Browns fans have been there filling the stadium through thick and thin,

Except for that time when management packed up and moved to another city.......

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/longterm/memories/1995/95nfl4.htm

powercore
10-14-2008, 12:19 PM

Or do u guys just give up on your "team" Browns fans have been there filling the stadium through thick and thin, no matter if we are 0-16, u only have 8 games to see your beloved team leave it all on the field for your city. Or you might have just had it......?????

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Expect many more to get sold, as team is a waste of time and money to watch. But it gives visiting team's fans a great opportunity to watch their team at a discount price.

rockintheboat
10-14-2008, 12:23 PM
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Expect many more to get sold, as team is a waste of time and money to watch. But it gives visiting team's fans a great opportunity to watch their team at a discount price.

Browns tickets for sale on stubhub.....man, you guys jump ship fast..........

http://www.stubhub.com/tix11-ticketcenter/cleveland-browns-tickets/?gtse=goog&keyword=browns%20tickets%20for%20sale

DA2EdwardsTD
10-14-2008, 12:29 PM
Except for that time when management packed up and moved to another city.......

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/longterm/memories/1995/95nfl4.htm

If you lost your team you wouldn't be able to get it back, you are constantly giving your tickets away we were still selling out when our team was "taken" from us, for the most lucrative stadium deal ever then. We didn't lose the team because of fans not showing up. We lost the team because Art Modell was greedy and was not content with having sellouts consistently in Cleveland. Then we got our team back, which your city would not be able to due to your fan base being spread out over College and HS football, and just from your fans not showing up.

DA2EdwardsTD
10-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Browns tickets for sale on stubhub.....man, you guys jump ship fast..........

http://www.stubhub.com/tix11-ticketcenter/cleveland-browns-tickets/?gtse=goog&keyword=browns%20tickets%20for%20sale

These tickets are from the brokers buying up all the tickets at the beginning of the season. The whole season single game tickets available this year was sold out in less than a minute when tickets went on sale. Which happens every year. And they aren't selling $65 tickets for $25 like our games are selling for you. We are selling $65 for $130 read the article and look at what you just posted. It wouldn't be a headline on ESPN if it wasn't a huge exodus that warrants a news story. We don't jump ship, you can easily look at attendance for forever even when we were consistently 4-12, all our home games with 100%+ attendance.

CloeHokie
10-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Lol. The Browns won a big game! Big deal. All you losers came out of hiding and think your team is awesome now? It was one game and they had 2 weeks to prepare. Of course the Bengals fans are quiting. Carson is out. I may not go to the game I got tickets for. I live in VA and is it worth the trip to go see an 0-9 team with No Carson Palmer? I would spend like 300 on a room and travel. If Palmer is done my tickets are too.

browns town bengal
10-14-2008, 12:39 PM
If you lost your team you wouldn't be able to get it back, you are constantly giving your tickets away we were still selling out when our team was "taken" from us, for the most lucrative stadium deal ever then. We didn't lose the team because of fans not showing up. We lost the team because Art Modell was greedy and was not content with having sellouts consistently in Cleveland. Then we got our team back, which your city would not be able to due to your fan base being spread out over College and HS football, and just from your fans not showing up.

You really have no idea why modell left town do you? He left for many reasons, one being the fact that cleveland decided to build new stadiums for the cavs and indians but not for the browns. It had nothing to do with him being greedy as it had more to do with the fact that he was going broke because of a poor stadium that had no luxury boxes. Not because he wasnt "content with having sellouts consistently in cleveland"

There were alot of folks responsible for the browns leaving and modell is partly to blame as well as your own city for not taking care of what you should have been.

DA2EdwardsTD
10-14-2008, 12:44 PM
You really have no idea why modell left town do you? He left for many reasons, one being the fact that cleveland decided to build new stadiums for the cavs and indians but not for the browns. It had nothing to do with him being greedy as it had more to do with the fact that he was going broke because of a poor stadium that had no luxury boxes. Not because he wasnt "content with having sellouts consistently in cleveland"

There were alot of folks responsible for the browns leaving and modell is partly to blame as well as your own city for not taking care of what you should have been.

Dude read a book get your facts.

The Browns, Modell, and the Move, Michael G. Poplar. Its all in there buddy, way more to it than what you put there and it all goes back to him being greedy and wanting, Now, Now, Now, wasn't patient. I'd like to see a city build 3 stadiums at once.

Its also a great book for accountants.

rockintheboat
10-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Then we got our team back, .

No.... you got an expansion team...... congratulations, expansion team, on your big win against the super bowl champs......

DA2EdwardsTD
10-14-2008, 12:53 PM
No.... you got an expansion team...... congratulations, expansion team, on your big win against the super bowl champs......

Still with our expansion team we made the playoffs before you did and you guys had been trying to for 15 years straight.

philhos
10-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Still with our expansion team we made the playoffs before you did and you guys had been trying to for 15 years straight.

Seriously? This is the best you got?

Well, allow me to use stupid smack to counter stupid smack: "At least we've actually been to a Super Bowl (2 to be exact).":rolleyes:

34inXXIII
10-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Very true. After stating this, however, you're still going to question the loyalty of some fans who are reluctant to continue throwing money at Mike Brown through tickets and/or concessions? :wacko:

rockintheboat
10-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Still with our expansion team we made the playoffs

yeah ? How'd that work out for you guys ?

Danno
10-14-2008, 01:03 PM

How is the view from up there on the soapbox? <_<

DA2EdwardsTD
10-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Very true. After stating this, however, you're still going to question the loyalty of some fans who are reluctant to continue throwing money at Mike Brown through tickets and/or concessions? :wacko:

Still questioning your loyalty, when ESPN questions your loyalty hey why should they be the only one?

philhos
10-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Still questioning your loyalty, when ESPN questions your loyalty hey why should they be the only one?

Because ESPN wouldn't know loyalty if it came up to them and gave them a clever nickname and then said, "You could ... go ... all .. the ... waaaaaaaaay" with some sound effect noises thrown in.

rockintheboat
10-14-2008, 01:14 PM

At no time does that article "question the loyalty" of the Bengals fans. Learn to read for comprehension, then get back to us.......

Rayne
10-14-2008, 01:43 PM

I beg to differ, sir. - Doc Holliday.

I remember the last season the Browns were in Cleveland and there were a LOT of empty seats in the dog pound.

Riklanim
10-14-2008, 03:08 PM
u only have 8 games to see your beloved team leave it all on the field for your city.

If they left it all on the field, we wouldn't be 0-6.

philhos
10-14-2008, 05:28 PM
I beg to differ, sir. - Doc Holliday.

I remember the last season the Browns were in Cleveland and there were a LOT of empty seats in the dog pound.

That's impossible.

Most of the seats were ripped up and taken away by the fans during their last game their. Having no seats makes it impossible for their to be hundreds of empty ones. :p

BrutisBuckeye
10-14-2008, 06:03 PM

Don't worry dude we'll end your season just like last year. :rotf:

meanJoe
10-14-2008, 06:53 PM

u only have 8 games to see your beloved team leave it all on the field for your city.

Gee, if they are 0-6, then wouldn't that mean there are 10 games left? Cleveland....figures.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/4130585/detail.html?subid=10101081

Steeleagle
10-14-2008, 07:08 PM

Oh the almighty Dollar and the power of Ebay....... what do you think the Steeler fan ratio to Bengal fan ratio will be? 50 50? This will definately look like a home game for the Steelers.........

oasiswr
10-14-2008, 07:27 PM

Well Mike Brown sold us out the last couple years,so why not sell a ticket best suited to listen on radio?

Who2Dey
10-14-2008, 07:34 PM
It's called getting a return on your investment. The Bengals organization is failing on their part. It goes deeper than 0-6, it is a reflection on the owner and front office and what they are doing to give us a winning product. But your a turdstain so I guess I've given you all the explanation you deserve.

SociopathicSteelerFan
10-14-2008, 07:36 PM
I do look forward to seeing that sea of black and gold in PBS on Sunday. Always fun to take over another teams stadium.:thumbsup:

Who2Dey
10-14-2008, 07:37 PM
I do look forward to seeing that sea of black and gold in PBS on Sunday. Always fun to take over another teams stadium.:thumbsup:

you need a ticket?

DA2EdwardsTD
10-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Gee, if they are 0-6, then wouldn't that mean there are 10 games left? Cleveland....figures.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/4130585/detail.html?subid=10101081

Another idiotic comment by a sorry bengals fan. I don't recall any football team having more than 8 home games? So your trying to say that you have 16 home games???? Wow that is amazing how do you get all those home games. You would think you would have that an advantage with that many home games. Cincinnati.....figures. hahahahahahhaah

oasiswr
10-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Another idiotic comment by a sorry bengals fan. I don't recall any football team having more than 8 home games? So your trying to say that you have 16 home games???? Wow that is amazing how do you get all those home games. You would think you would have that an advantage with that many home games. Cincinnati.....figures. hahahahahahhaah
10 more game left in the season.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/neolithic/red_forman.jpg
What this guy says above.

SociopathicSteelerFan
10-14-2008, 07:53 PM
you need a ticket?

My god I would love it, but I just moved into a bigger place and couldn't afford a last minute plane ticket from Los Angeles right now. Thanks though.:smirk:

Blitzberg06
10-14-2008, 08:04 PM
My god I would love it, but I just moved into a bigger place and couldn't afford a last minute plane ticket from Los Angeles right now. Thanks though.:smirk:

I wish ya could go, I'm going for my first ever game I'm stoked.

Who2Dey
10-14-2008, 08:05 PM

I already sold it to a bengal fan anyway. I couldn't look my friends in the face if I made them sit next to a steeler fan.

meanJoe
10-14-2008, 08:05 PM

This is exactly what you said Clown....

"u only have 8 games to see your beloved team leave it all on the field for your city"

Nothing about home games there Turdfan. You can also be proud of your city while watching your team leave it all on an enemy field.

You can't get nothing right can you Clown? You see my sig down there? It's a Steeler slamming one of you idiots. I'm no Bengal fan. You barking goofballs call yourselves dogs because dogs have owners.....the Steelers own you boy....now roll over.:lol:

GreggyDigital
10-14-2008, 08:06 PM

That's awesome, man. Enjoy your time and take some pictures.

Blitzberg06
10-14-2008, 08:08 PM
That's awesome, man. Enjoy your time and take some pictures.

Oh I will! I'm by the vistors tunnel woo I wish sunday was here only bad thing is, were meeting up at 6am and I gotta work until 5:30am :lol: I'm gonna be one tired mofo.

Megalicious23
10-14-2008, 08:08 PM
You should be stoked, you are going to hang out with me! :smirk:

but seriously, you'll have a blast.

GreggyDigital
10-14-2008, 08:12 PM

Try and make him wear that huge Bengals hat.

Blitzberg06

What time do you usually leave!? Cause Im thinkin about sleepin in the car until like 10 lol

SociopathicSteelerFan
I already sold it to a bengal fan anyway. I couldn't look my friends in the face if I made them sit next to a steeler fan.

They should have been thrilled to sit next to such a cool guy!B)

Megalicious23
10-14-2008, 08:13 PM
No way! The hat is too amazing for Steeler fans.

plus, it's not mine :lol:

What time do you usually leave!? Cause Im thinkin about sleepin in the car until like 10 lol
Not sure, i'll probably get there around 930 or 10

Corrupt3d
10-14-2008, 08:18 PM
http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=265297

December 14th may be a little more burgundy than you guys want it to be.

Who2Dey
10-14-2008, 08:32 PM

Watch out for the "oops, I thought that was my beer" move....or the intentional high five wiff to cop a feel.

Blitzberg06
10-14-2008, 09:03 PM

I'll die fighting.

Beaker
10-14-2008, 09:20 PM
If you lost your team you wouldn't be able to get it back.

Bottom line is you'll never know because it didnt happen to us....unlike you.

Beaker
10-14-2008, 09:22 PM

meanJoe is a steelers fan. But I guess having been such a long time loyal browns fan with such a storied rivalry with the steelers you already know who mean joe greene was....wait, nevermind.

BrutisBuckeye
10-14-2008, 09:35 PM

And here I thought you were a true steelers fan and would take any thing to be there for the game. :lol:

SociopathicSteelerFan
10-15-2008, 12:27 AM
And here I thought you were a true steelers fan and would take any thing to be there for the game. :lol:

I've seen the Steelers three times in person, once against the Raiders at the Coliseum, once in San Diego at the Murph and once at Anaheim stadium against the Rams. An NFL game is expensive enough without throwing in a plane ticket and hotel room. I would like to see a game in Pitt sometime in the near future though.

Honestly, the view is better on TV and the beer is definitely cheaper. Nothing like the atmosphere at a live game though.

rockintheboat
10-15-2008, 07:13 AM
Oh I will! I'm by the vistors tunnel woo I wish sunday was here only bad thing is, were meeting up at 6am and I gotta work until 5:30am :lol: I'm gonna be one tired mofo.

{cough} {cough} yeah, boss..... I got this terrible sore throat, and I just don't think I'll be able to make it in today........ ;)

Not a Chad Fan
10-15-2008, 08:14 PM

Just like Christmas Eve, when the ONLY fans in the stadium were Steeler fans????:rotf:

DA2EdwardsTD
10-15-2008, 11:16 PM
Just like Christmas Eve, when the ONLY fans in the stadium were Steeler fans????:rotf:

We all started there but once it got out of hands, figured it'd be nice being with the family than watching a massacre. I was there, I remember many of us remember. While I understand you pit fans took the long drive we all decided to drive home after the 2nd quarter. Its Christmas Eve, weighed it out family, football, family, football, family, football, family, watching steelers kill browns, family, watching steelers kill browns, hmmm.

I'm just saying this if the scenario was switched, this goes for anyone and your HOME team, and it was CHRISTMAS EVE again, and were at your HOME game and your HOME team was getting DESTROYED by the 2nd quarter (again its Christmas Eve), what would you do go home to be with your family or watch the rest of a massacre....????? This having no bearing on whose team is better or anything like that, i'm just giving you the scenario and ask yourself what would you do that day.

Blitzberg06
10-16-2008, 12:33 AM
We all started there but once it got out of hands, figured it'd be nice being with the family than watching a massacre. I was there, I remember many of us remember. While I understand you pit fans took the long drive we all decided to drive home after the 2nd quarter. Its Christmas Eve, weighed it out family, football, family, football, family, football, family, watching steelers kill browns, family, watching steelers kill browns, hmmm.

I'm just saying this if the scenario was switched, this goes for anyone and your HOME team, and it was CHRISTMAS EVE again, and were at your HOME game and your HOME team was getting DESTROYED by the 2nd quarter (again its Christmas Eve), what would you do go home to be with your family or watch the rest of a massacre....????? This having no bearing on whose team is better or anything like that, i'm just giving you the scenario and ask yourself what would you do that day.

Honestly? Steelers football comes before my family because I don't really care for my family. Now that I sound like an ******* I'll explain myself. My parents matter and like 3 aunts and 2 uncles but other than that I don't give a rats *** about them. They are all two faced as hell. So If it was for my parents yes I'd go home, but other than that I've missed a couple of cousins birthdays my dad and me both, they were his nieces because we wanted to watch football. Call me what you want but I love football.

DA2EdwardsTD
10-16-2008, 01:17 AM
Honestly? Steelers football comes before my family because I don't really care for my family. Now that I sound like an ******* I'll explain myself. My parents matter and like 3 aunts and 2 uncles but other than that I don't give a rats *** about them. They are all two faced as hell. So If it was for my parents yes I'd go home, but other than that I've missed a couple of cousins birthdays my dad and me both, they were his nieces because we wanted to watch football. Call me what you want but I love football.

Ok thats you, but i'm a mama's boy anything she says goes, and when it comes to holidays its important to her, no dad around so try to be there when I can she hardly sees me throughout the whole year, so if there is a decision between 2 things mom usually wins

steeler99
10-16-2008, 02:44 AM
I can seriously feel your pain-although will never be able to equate to it since the Steelers
have never been a "bad" team.Your problem starts and stops with owners.
Stop trying to buy a ring-by signing prima donas (e.g. johnson).Concentrate on the draftYou have a franchise player in Carson-build around him.
Get the message across to owners you r fed up.

BengalsAtOSU
10-16-2008, 09:49 AM
I can seriously feel your pain-although will never be able to equate to it since the Steelers
have never been a "bad" team.Your problem starts and stops with owners.
Stop trying to buy a ring-by signing prima donas (e.g. johnson).Concentrate on the draftYou have a franchise player in Carson-build around him.
Get the message across to owners you r fed up.

the 1980's steelers are calling sir

Mike Brown has never bought anything in his life that could get the Bengals a ring.

Chad was good when he was signed - the Steelers would have loved to have him, I guarantee it.

And we've been trying to concentrate on the draft but every time we do we end up with Chris Perry or Ki-Jana Carter.

philhos
10-16-2008, 09:56 AM

That's not true!

I was at that game. Seriously, a friend of mine's parents were from Cleveland and huge Browns fans. Since it was the last game they got tickets and I was invited to go with them. I said, sure! The game was great but that old Cleveland Brown stadium was the nastiest/dirtiest stadium I've ever been in (and that includes high school and college stadiums).

philhos
10-16-2008, 09:58 AM
I can seriously feel your pain-although will never be able to equate to it since the Steelers have never been a "bad" team.

Ummm, prior to 1970, that's all the Steelers were was a bad team.

So, tell me, how come you haven't gotten your Giants jersey yet?<_<

neiser
10-16-2008, 10:28 AM
These tickets are from the brokers buying up all the tickets at the beginning of the season. The whole season single game tickets available this year was sold out in less than a minute when tickets went on sale. Which happens every year. And they aren't selling $65 tickets for $25 like our games are selling for you. We are selling $65 for $130 read the article and look at what you just posted. It wouldn't be a headline on ESPN if it wasn't a huge exodus that warrants a news story. We don't jump ship, you can easily look at attendance for forever even when we were consistently 4-12, all our home games with 100%+ attendance.

100%? im not a browns fan, but two years ago i won tickets for the browns vs broncos game. 100%? try 50%.

Rayne
10-16-2008, 11:01 AM
the 1980's steelers are calling sir

Mike Brown has never bought anything in his life that could get the Bengals a ring.

Chad was good when he was signed - the Steelers would have loved to have him, I guarantee it.

And we've been trying to concentrate on the draft but every time we do we end up with Chris Perry or Ki-Jana Carter.

We won two division titles in the 80's, by the way.

DA2EdwardsTD
10-16-2008, 11:33 AM
100%? im not a browns fan, but two years ago i won tickets for the browns vs broncos game. 100%? try 50%.

Well I'll just bring this up since we are coming to those kind of blows, not anything against steelers fans they have decent fans and I respect them because they lobbied to get our team back when we were gone. Cincy fans on the other hand you have nothing to compare it to. On every sports program, fox, espn, whatever that has rankings for fans. You cincy fans are at the the bottom and the Cleveland Browns are in the Top 5 usually right after the Packers and the Steelers. Explain how that is possible....???? When we have horrible fans and 50% attendance and all those consecutive sellouts. Lets see ESPN we are 3, Fox we are 4, SI we are 5, and you cincy fans constantly bring up the cellar with your team. Nothing against the Steeler fans they proved it and everyone notices and so do Browns fans.

neiser
10-16-2008, 12:11 PM
Well I'll just bring this up since we are coming to those kind of blows, not anything against steelers fans they have decent fans and I respect them because they lobbied to get our team back when we were gone. Cincy fans on the other hand you have nothing to compare it to. On every sports program, fox, espn, whatever that has rankings for fans. You cincy fans are at the the bottom and the Cleveland Browns are in the Top 5 usually right after the Packers and the Steelers. Explain how that is possible....???? When we have horrible fans and 50% attendance and all those consecutive sellouts. Lets see ESPN we are 3, Fox we are 4, SI we are 5, and you cincy fans constantly bring up the cellar with your team. Nothing against the Steeler fans they proved it and everyone notices and so do Browns fans.

o.k, answer me this than. how many consecutive sellouts have the bengals have? then answer the same question about the browns. thank you and good day.

DA2EdwardsTD
10-16-2008, 04:55 PM
o.k, answer me this than. how many consecutive sellouts have the bengals have? then answer the same question about the browns. thank you and good day.

At least when those rankings came out this is what is fact so I don't know where your getting your information???? so that is exactly 36 more than the Bengals what else you got you still aren't making any sense with this comment.

Browns 72
Bengals 36

so yeah defnitely Good Day

Beaker
10-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Ok thats you, but i'm a mama's boy

Gee, thats a shocker.

robdanger
10-17-2008, 01:29 AM
I got my tix dirt cheap. Unbelievable!

DA2EdwardsTD
10-17-2008, 02:48 AM
I got my tix dirt cheap. Unbelievable!

really? how much?

Blitzberg06
10-17-2008, 04:14 AM
really? how much?

I got mine for 70 bucks in an endzone.

DA2EdwardsTD
10-17-2008, 12:32 PM
I got mine for 70 bucks in an endzone.

Dude have fun, I got a set of 4 tickets for $100, for the Browns Bengals game and I had a great time. You will have an awesome time.

Blitzberg06
10-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Dude have fun, I got a set of 4 tickets for $100, for the Browns Bengals game and I had a great time. You will have an awesome time.

I'm pretty excited about it, Something seems fishy about the whole thing though.