PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs Up, Paul Daugherty

Redlegs
10-20-2008, 12:00 PM
PDoc hits the nail on the head yet again:

The dead horse has been flogged until its bones are ready for the soup pot. Needed: One general manager, four or five scouts. No coach is so good he can overcome a lack of players, week after month after year. Chances of that happening: Same as Mike Brown wearing nylons and doing a turn as a Rockette.

God only knows what inspires a man to hold a town and a franchise hostage to his leather-helmet way of doing things. But, knock, knock, Redeemer: It doesn't work.

The Steelers and their fans show the Bengals and theirs how it can be, when enough smart people are hired and allowed to do good work. When ownership simply owns, coaches and personnel people have a chance at enduring success. That's how it works in Pittsburgh. In Cincinnati, everyone ends up staring into the middle distance and saying, as Marvin Lewis did Sunday, "It's not what professional football is all about.''

EDK
10-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Pretty well put, but unfortunately, as much as the players (read: 85) say that Lewis' not going to let them lose their focus, that's a flat out lie. He's got to go simply for the sake of a new sense of purpose for these players. They're just going to hear the same mantras and trot out the same tired approach until he's gone.

The NFL needs to step in period and place some accountability on the Owners of NFL teams somehow. It's bad for the league as a whole when entire regions of the US (well, not that big of a region since we're pancaked by Pitt, TEN and Indy) are completely disgusted with the NFL product they are forced to endure.

Interesting stat: Since 1991 when MB took over, there have been 18 0-7 starts in the entire NFL. WE have 5 of them!

Redlegs
10-20-2008, 12:15 PM
Interesting stat: Since 1991 when MB took over, there have been 18 0-7 starts in the entire NFL. WE have 5 of them!That's a great stat that's deserving of it's own thread. Hopefully you'll consider doing so.

EDK
10-20-2008, 12:49 PM
It would get bashed as "Oh no! Not another MB step down" thread! OR moved into another MB thread.

stucat07
10-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Interesting stat: Since 1991 when MB took over, there have been 18 0-7 starts in the entire NFL. WE have 5 of them!

The above is a great stat.Now,lets see if the KOOL-Aid drinkers on here,spin that stat into a +!!!! My prediction:" Hey,remember 2005?":hmm:

theWhoDeyKid
10-20-2008, 02:27 PM
He is the only one who has a pair to say anything negative about Mike Brown in the media

enonnone
10-20-2008, 03:23 PM
I heard that he lost his show on WLW, at least for tonight, for telling the fans to stop listening to his sports talk show since he talks about the Bengals. Also wants to see a general boycott of all things Bengal...I guess his bosses didn't care for that much! Take this with a grain of salt since I heard it from Willie Cunningham this afternoon.