according to the front page crocker resigned with the Bengals

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7530

Good News

steelerslayer007
02-27-2009, 04:11 PM
yep now if they can sign ward that would be good

LebanonFan
02-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Finally, some good news. Well, I guess Stacy Andrews leaving could be counted as good news.

BengalzHacker
02-27-2009, 04:12 PM

Good News

Yes! 1 down, 3 to go...

CaptainCanada
02-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Great news.

Jom112
02-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Sweet. Ghiaciuc gone, Stacey gone and Crocker signed.

So far so good...

atrain420
02-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Very nice. We needed to keep him, plus gives White someone to watch and lets us use him situationaly until he is ready to take over in a couple years.

Myrtle Beach Bengal
This is good news. He really had an impact from the first day he was here.

twizbuck
Ok. Now we need to get a bigger FA. Ward... Birk...

nkets
02-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Great now lets hope we somehow land Ward.

battey60
02-27-2009, 04:16 PM
good lets see how his intensity can push the rest of our DBs.

austrianpine
02-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Now let's add Ward and Benson and resolve the Center situation and with a good draft we should have a nice OL to block for an improved RB group

Buckeyehitman
02-27-2009, 04:21 PM
I thought he was a good player for us, so it's good to see him signed. I hope he is able to continue his production and even improve from last year.

Bengals Mike
02-27-2009, 04:23 PM
for those who havent made their way into the free agency threads, I havent seen anything posted here so I thought I'd add this where it's widely viewed on Jungle Noise

Bengals safety Chris Crocker said last month he wanted to sign in the first day of free agency and agent Tony Paige confirmed that his client did when he re-upped in Cincinnati for a four-year deal worth $10 million with $3.5 million guaranteed.

"He's respected there, he's wanted and he's comfortable in the system," Paige said. "There were other teams interested, but he felt the best fit was going back to Cincinnati."

eakephas
02-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Good news. I can't wait to see him knock Holmes out again.

Bengal Dude
02-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Nice to have him back.

WeezyBengal
02-27-2009, 04:26 PM
This is good news.

roddypiper
02-27-2009, 04:26 PM
for those who havent made their way into the free agency threads, I havent seen anything posted here so I thought I'd add this where it's widely viewed on Jungle Noise

Bengals safety Chris Crocker said last month he wanted to sign in the first day of free agency and agent Tony Paige confirmed that his client did when he re-upped in Cincinnati for a four-year deal worth $10 million with $3.5 million guaranteed.

"He's respected there, he's wanted and he's comfortable in the system," Paige said. "There were other teams interested, but he felt the best fit was going back to Cincinnati."

sweetness... now onto benson and if benson is smart he will sign soon,before we sign dedrick ward aka the wind.... cause i dont think alot of teams will be interested in benson.... :thumbsup:

Bengals Mike
02-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Good news. I can't wait to see him knock Holmes out again.

I read your post and thought it was Benson who landed the KO last year on Polamalu and McFadden breaking his arm on the same play but I forgot about the rematch in Pittsburgh, that's great they were able to hit like that in both games with the Steelers :lol:

hacker
I'd like to see Benson signed and if not, then Ward for our minimal activity in free agency. I still want a Center also.

eakephas
sweetness... now onto benson and if benson is smart he will sign soon,before we sign dedrick ward aka the wind.... cause i dont think alot of teams will be interested in benson.... :thumbsup:

Agreed. Benson needs to remember how long it took for anyone to sign him last year before he tests the market too much.

The Bengal Thing
02-27-2009, 04:28 PM
So far so good... what most people saw as needs either by adding or subtracting are happening.

I am not sure what all the Hate is/was about

Bengals41
02-27-2009, 04:29 PM
great to hear chris is coming back

Bengals Mike
02-27-2009, 04:30 PM

according to rotoworld the Bengals insterest in Ward depends on what happens with Benson but it appears Ward is visiting Cincinnati tonight/tomorrow anyway

feelzgood
02-27-2009, 04:33 PM
I am glad he signed for 4 years. Hopefully he can continue to impress. i thought some of his hits last year were lethal.

xdayvidx
02-27-2009, 04:38 PM
i can safely say that I have doubted the bengals front office a la mike brown for so long that when they even make a move as simple as this... it excites the **** out of me. It just seems to me that so far this offseason our front office knows who to keep and who to get rid of. go bengals :)

BANJAXED
02-27-2009, 04:38 PM
im soo happy :cry:

Tommy <3's Da Bengals
02-27-2009, 04:41 PM
They signed this guy? WTF?:mad:

http://i.zdnet.com/blogs/chris-crocker.jpg

I keed, I keedhttp://mynameisearlkress.com/weblog/triumph01.jpg

The Bengal Thing
02-27-2009, 04:45 PM
i can safely say that I have doubted the bengals front office a la mike brown for so long that when they even make a move as simple as this... it excites the **** out of me. It just seems to me that so far this offseason our front office knows who to keep and who to get rid of. go bengals :)

I am SO glad to hear you say this....

There are SO many on here that just throw down the "pat" answer of mike is cheap, or the FO stinks... etc

I am not saying that there isn't good reason based on the past or whatever, but it is my opinion that they should at least be given the benefit of the doubt. The past few years it appears they have been at least trying different things and making some good, but tough decisions.

Whodey777
02-27-2009, 04:48 PM
They signed this guy? WTF?:mad:

http://i.zdnet.com/blogs/chris-crocker.jpg

I keed, I keedhttp://mynameisearlkress.com/weblog/triumph01.jpg

omfg, omfg, that picture is WAY too hilarious....... "JUST LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE"........ SORRY, but that has got to be the biggest flamer I have ever seen, and seriously how sad is your life when you're worried about people bad talking about brittany spears, and u look like a girl. I would guess most people who havent seen the video assume he is a girl....

Mr. Cinister
02-27-2009, 04:48 PM
This should just about sum up my feelings on Crocker re-signing with us. :thumbsup: :tiger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDX5c3nXexc

Buckeyehitman
02-27-2009, 04:50 PM
omfg, omfg, that picture is WAY too hilarious....... "JUST LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE"........ SORRY, but that has got to be the biggest flamer I have ever seen, and seriously how sad is your life when you're worried about people bad talking about brittany spears, and u look like a girl. I would guess most people who havent seen the video assume he is a girl....

Dude, what's with you raggin on gay people today?

Methinks you doth protest too much.:wink:

DennyG2
02-27-2009, 04:53 PM

Good News
Great to hear, lets hope this is just the beginning!:thumbsup:

mpadkins
02-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Does the signing of Crocker now maker Dexter Jackson expendable? How many safeties do we need with Crocker, White, Ndukwe, Lynch, Hebert etc.... Wouldn't cutting Dexter also free up more cap space for TJ or is there some kind of cap hit I'm unaware of?

PhxBENGALfanatic
02-27-2009, 04:55 PM
WORD!!!!!

More of this to come!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJslxed-1C8

crispy
02-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Does the signing of Crocker now maker Dexter Jackson expendable? How many safeties do we need with Crocker, White, Ndukwe, Lynch, Hebert etc.... Wouldn't cutting Dexter also free up more cap space for TJ or is there some kind of cap hit I'm unaware of?

DJ has been expendable or quite some time now. But I believe his contract is up so there wouldn't be any cap hit.

Bengal Dude
02-27-2009, 04:57 PM

Cutting DJax would free up $1.7 million.

mpadkins
02-27-2009, 04:57 PM
DJ has been expendable or quite some time now. But I believe his contract is up so there wouldn't be any cap hit.

Let's finally get rid of this baggage then.

Bengals Mike
02-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Not that this is news obviously but for those wondering about where he sits on the depth chart, this says it pretty well

Chris Crocker-DB-Bengals Feb. 27 - 3:47 pm et

Bengals re-signed S Chris Crocker to a four-year, $10 million contract.

He's getting $3.5 million in guaranteed money. The Bengals scooped Crocker up for free last October after the Dolphins released him, and he was a big factor in Cincy's improved defense down the stretch. He's slated to start at free safety next season.
Source: NFL.com

Whodey777
02-27-2009, 04:58 PM

Im just stating he is obviously gay, I didnt "Rag on gay people", just calling him what he is.... If ya wanna be gay, thats fine, but if ya can take a kawk, you ought to be able to take being called what you are, or a joke.... Friggin over-sensitive pewp stabbers, sheesh. (yes I know, I know, I did it on purpose)
And honestly, its really bad when someone looks at your picture and cant tell if you are male or female, thats really pathetic, and apparently im not the only one who thinks the picture is freakin hilarious, considering its so widely spread over the internet

pat5775
02-27-2009, 05:00 PM

Haha, nice one.

But he's right about one thing: Gay or not, Chris Crocker (the blonde guy) has to be living the most pathetic life any human has ever lived. If the public treatment of Britney Spears, someone he doesn't even know, gets him that upset... there is something very very wrong with him. If anybody hasn't seen that video, youtube it if you want a good laugh.

Tommy <3's Da Bengals
02-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Cutting DJax would free up $1.7 million.

http://cap.go-bengals.com/# Yup that's what it says here. But **** for 1.7 million, keep him for depth. Lord knows we need it.

Bengals Mike
02-27-2009, 05:07 PM
http://cap.go-bengals.com/# Yup that's what it says here. But **** for 1.7 million, keep him for depth. Lord knows we need it.

that page hasn't been updated in over a year :hmm:

baclaw
02-27-2009, 05:09 PM

Good News

Cool 3 of the 4 i wanted us to resign are now in the fold, Benson being the last one I hope he signs soon as well. Add Derrick Ward to that and possibly Leonard Weaver and/or a Starting Center and Ill be happy.

Buckeyehitman
02-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Haha, nice one.

But he's right about one thing: Gay or not, Chris Crocker (the blonde guy) has to be living the most pathetic life any human has ever lived. If the public treatment of Britney Spears, someone he doesn't even know, gets him that upset... there is something very very wrong with him. If anybody hasn't seen that video, youtube it if you want a good laugh.

Honestly, from what I heard, when that video hit, he thought all the attention he got was outstanding. He honestly didn't realize that people were not proud of him for what he said, they were just laughing at him.

Made me kind of feel bad for the guy.

Although, I do still find this funny....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiqkDm9UoKo

Tommy <3's Da Bengals
02-27-2009, 05:13 PM
that page hasn't been updated in over a year :hmm:

Click on the DB tab and it gives the breakdown of his entire contract.

Bengals Mike
02-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Click on the DB tab and it gives the breakdown of his entire contract.

oh im not discredting the link or your post, I used to go to that site all the time but I dont understand why that hasnt been updated in the last year, personally I use the USA Today link in my sig since that site stopped updating itself

gsmommy03
02-27-2009, 05:17 PM
I'm SOOOOOOOOO happy with this!!!!!!

pat5775
02-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Honestly, from what I heard, when that video hit, he thought all the attention he got was outstanding. He honestly didn't realize that people were not proud of him for what he said, they were just laughing at him.

Made me kind of feel bad for the guy.

Although, I do still find this funny....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiqkDm9UoKo

Wow, really? How did he not know that making a complete *** out of himself whining about a pop singer and posting it on the internet wouldn't make him a laughingstock? Jeez, talk about a warped sense of reality... this guy really is screwed up, hope he's seeking help...

And yeah, that video is pretty funny :lol: Scary how alike Chris Crocker and Seth Green sound...

Tommy <3's Da Bengals
oh im not discredting the link or your post, I used to go to that site all the time but I dont understand why that hasnt been updated in the last year, personally I use the USA Today link in my sig since that site stopped updating itself

Good link.

fumblerooski
Very good move in signing the Bengals defensive MVP for the second half of the season. He seems to work really well in Zimmer's schemes and am glad to see him coming back in stripes next season. Maybe the past has given me low expectations, but I'm really happy that we made a pretty decent move on the first day of free agency,

That's a good appetizer, now let's hope the main course and dessert is still on its way.

momadance02
02-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Great news.

:thumbsup::rock on:

Buckeyehitman
02-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Wow, really? How did he not know that making a complete *** out of himself whining about a pop singer and posting it on the internet wouldn't make him a laughingstock? Jeez, talk about a warped sense of reality... this guy really is screwed up, hope he's seeking help...

And yeah, that video is pretty funny :lol: Scary how alike Chris Crocker and Seth Green sound...

And they look alike too....although when they aired it on the Soup, they just had him backstage and they'd put the camera on him and he'd be cracking up.

pat5775
02-27-2009, 05:47 PM
And they look alike too....although when they aired it on the Soup, they just had him backstage and they'd put the camera on him and he'd be cracking up.

Haha, I would be too. That would be way too hard to take seriously.

Haha, check out Jimmy Kimmel's impersonation of Chris' Dad (If Chris Crocker were my son my reaction would be exactly the same).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGQYTPwG58U&feature=related
:lol:

timw99
02-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Well according to the media sources Chris Crocker has agreed to a 4 year deal with the Bengals. Very good news if you ask me. Glad he is coming back.

Aether
02-27-2009, 06:10 PM

Yeah, this is great news.

Crocker said he had a couple of visits lined up, but in the end he felt it was best to stay.

"If it's not broke," he said, "don't fix it."

It's even better that he clearly wants to be here. :thumbsup:

Zeuser30
02-27-2009, 06:14 PM

Yeah, this is great news.

It's even better that he clearly wants to be here. :thumbsup:

Exactly, it's better to pay someone who actually wants to be here and contribute to the team. Plus, he will probably even show up for all the spring workouts.:thumbsup:

KY Bengal
02-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Exactly, it's better to pay someone who actually wants to be here and contribute to the team. Plus, he will probably even show up for all the spring workouts.:thumbsup:

:Tigerdance::Tigerdance::Tigerdance::Tigerdance:

1whodeybrew
02-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Very good signing. I'm glad he's back and will be playing next to Ndukwe.

Ryan Mc
02-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Is there any reason to keep DJax on the roster now? Cutting him would free up $1.7 million in cap space and he doesn't seem to be part of our future plans with White, Ndukwe and Lynch on the roster.

Housh
02-27-2009, 07:26 PM
yeah theres one guy we can count on

Ozsreturn
02-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Is there any reason to keep DJax on the roster now? Cutting him would free up $1.7 million in cap space and he doesn't seem to be part of our future plans with White, Ndukwe and Lynch on the roster.

I'm with you. I don't see any reason why we would re-sign Jackson at this point. With Crocker, White, Ndukwe, Lynch and Herbert and maybe even Doss to compete with, I don't see a need for us to retain him. Let him go and take the 1.7 mil imo.:thumbsup:

the_only_truth
02-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Now all we have to do is cut Jackson and free up some more cap room!

Chop Block
02-27-2009, 08:01 PM
It would not hurt my feelings if they got rid of all those IR guys .............Those guys are always riding the bench..............

striped4war
02-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Great news!!
See you later D-Jax with your injury prone self.

Bengals73
02-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Crocker now needs to play with a chip on his Shoulder - and get on some damn 'roids boy!

cinc4ever1
02-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Glad to see he's back.

RandyRoy
02-27-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm super pumped this guy is back. He's played like a defensive MVP the last half of the year.

Munchkin
02-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Looking really nice so far.

Crooker in :thumbsup:
Stacy out :thumbsup:
Now.. they need to steer clear of The-Man-Formerly-Known-as-the-bengals-starting-Center and try to fill a need on OLine.

This is so we are not handcuffed in to taking a Tackle 1st Center 2nd in the draft.

Because with the current lineup, that is what we need to do in order to have a chance at getting functional OLine.

I've been as harsh a critic of this front office as anyone here (probably) but I'll also give them their dues. Looking really nice... so far.

About the other Crocker (britney guy) I don't think he ever thought he was being admired. He strikes me more as the type who thinks there is no such thing as bad publicity.
AKA attention you-know-what...

Arturo Bandini
02-27-2009, 08:41 PM
The other good news about Crocker's signing is that we surely soon get Rid of DJax !

netlah
02-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Yep. Awesome!

Whatever
02-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Well according to the media sources Chris Crocker has agreed to a 4 year deal with the Bengals. Very good news if you ask me. Glad he is coming back.

Yeah,Crocker's a good player,and the Bengals didn't have to break the bank to resign him long-term. Definately a good move by the Bengals.

StripesNTn
02-27-2009, 08:54 PM
Sounds good. Now to sign Benson ,and go some some other talent to fill out the roster.

Bengaline
02-27-2009, 08:54 PM
Sweet. Ghiaciuc gone, Stacey gone and Crocker signed.

So far so good...

Guystink is gone????

Ozsreturn
02-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Sounds good. Now to sign Benson ,and go some some other talent to fill out the roster.

We should know if we get Benson back for next season tomorrow. In the article today I believe it said he wants to sign by Saturday. Hopefully it is here, and hopefully some other guys sign here that will make an impact on the roster, like you said.:thumbsup:

who dey 9
02-27-2009, 10:18 PM
LOVE IT :thumbsup:

el-insaciable
02-27-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm glas he signed but the onus is on him now to prove last season wasn't a fluke. If he continues to play at the same level then this will turn out to be a very, very good signing. You got to love the physicality and playmaking ability he brings to our secondary - and the way he complements Ndukwe.

Ozsreturn
02-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Guystink is gone????

Wishful thinking on his part.;):lol:

pat5775
02-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Guystink is gone????

He's "not expected back", so not quite, but most likely.