PDA

View Full Version : May 2009 Power Ranking, Bengals 23.

WeezyBengal
05-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Thought the article was interesting, although it means absolutely nothing as of now:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2009&week=0

Bengals 4-11-1 With QB Carson Palmer (elbow) returning and a sneaky good defense, the Bengals have sleeper potential. (JW) Draft

fredtoast
05-26-2009, 04:05 PM
I think the Seahawks and Packers are a little overrated, but I can't really complain about where they have the Bengals.

I think we will be better than that, but at this point so does every fan of every team out there.

eric NY
05-26-2009, 04:14 PM
I think the Seahawks and Packers are a little overrated, but I can't really complain about where they have the Bengals.

I think we will be better than that, but at this point so does every fan of every team out there.

The Packers were better than their record last year. Now that Aaron Rogers has a whole offseason of not having to look over his shoulder for old Flip-Flop McGee he could easily have a Pro Bowl year. The Seahwaks are always overrated. It helps when you're pretty much guaranteed a playoff spot coming out of the worst division in football.

Oh yeah. The Bengals. I'm not going to argue where anyone ranks them before anyone's even put on pads. I Like just about every single move we've made this offseason, but there's no reason for anyone to give us credit for any of them until we see if they're actually going to pan out. We're taking a HUGE gamble with our O-line and it's either going to hit the jackpot or it's going to end up with Carson Palmer in a full body cast. Personally, I think it will be the former. But it would be pretty silly for any professional sports writer to project us any higher than #20 or so until some returns start coming in. I think the important thing is that just about every analyst has at least admitted we have sleeper potential.

nepa
05-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Thought the article was interesting, although it means absolutely nothing as of now:

Some notable observations. 11 of the 12 voters had Pittsburgh as no. 1, and Baltimore, which ended up as no. 6 overall, ranged from 4th to 9th among the voters. This indicates the competition the ESPN experts figure the Bengals will face. Cincinnati ranged from 19 to 29 among the voters, so they are not figuring the return of Carson and the off-season acquisitions are enough to risk their reputations on putting the Bengals in the top half of the teams.

DennyGII
05-26-2009, 04:19 PM

Bengals 4-11-1 With QB Carson Palmer (elbow) returning and a sneaky good defense, the Bengals have sleeper potential. (JW) Draft
With seemingly everyone picking the Bengals as a sleeper team for 09', are they really a sleeper anymore?:what:

eric NY
05-26-2009, 04:23 PM
With seemingly everyone picking the Bengals as a sleeper team for 09', are they really a sleeper anymore?:what:

I think any team coming off a 4-win season with the potential to make the playoffs has to be considered "sleeper." It's all semantics.