PDA

View Full Version : CIN Playbooks Madden 10

Elusive1
09-07-2009, 05:36 PM
I found about 7-8 really solid running and 7-8 really solid pass plays that work for me in Madden10. Most are slants and passes over the middle. So I was wondering if anyone uses the playbook and has any good plays for getting the #1 receiver open, I keep finding myself throwing to C. Henry over the middle and I need to stretch the field with Ochocinco somehow. Any help? Anyone?

Headspace
09-07-2009, 05:40 PM
This is the big problem I have with Madden. It's pretty difficult to get separation from defenders when running deep routes. Even if there is a slight separation, the corner or safety closes on the ball so quick to bat it down. They still haven't realized that corners get faked and fall down on routes.

Bengal Dude
09-07-2009, 05:51 PM
This is the big problem I have with Madden. It's pretty difficult to get separation from defenders when running deep routes. Even if there is a slight separation, the corner or safety closes on the ball so quick to bat it down. They still haven't realized that corners get faked and fall down on routes.

Closing in speed is ridiculous. When I was doing the Madden moments on 09, Ed Reed was able to get to the ball no matter where he was.

just another bengals fan
09-07-2009, 06:08 PM
It's easier than what you guys make it out to be.

You gotta make sure that your receiver has slight seperation from the defender, usually it works with an audiable to a fade route then drop back, check for suitable seperation, and just tap the button required.

Don't hit it hard, if not the CB will usually bat it down, but just the slightest of taps will lob it in the air, giving more of a chance that the WR will catch it.

Elusive1
09-07-2009, 06:25 PM
When I run a GUN/4WR set I can get the 1 of the slot receivers open on a corner route. So I can get the ball downfield but they do not always work because your slot receivers are usually your #3 or #4 receiver and less reliable.

Which takes me back to my problem. I need good formations and good routes to get my #1 and #2 receivers Ochocinco and Coles open down field on.

SpotDog
09-07-2009, 06:26 PM
I found about 7-8 really solid running and 7-8 really solid pass plays that work for me in Madden10. Most are slants and passes over the middle. So I was wondering if anyone uses the playbook and has any good plays for getting the #1 receiver open, I keep finding myself throwing to C. Henry over the middle and I need to stretch the field with Ochocinco somehow. Any help? Anyone?

I have the same problem but deep outs is usually the best way for me to fix it. Altough I use the west coast offense playbook.

If anyone wants to play online PM me to exchange gamertags.

Elusive1
09-07-2009, 06:36 PM
I have a PS3 so if anyone is on that console, add me on your friends list.

PSN - Deadcity

Bengals.pro
09-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Here is a way to get a big play with Ocho if your not getting blitzed

Go to the spread formation

Choose quick slants

Bring Box or Chad in motion

Chad is now in the slot

Hike Ball

Roll Carson out to the right

Be sure to have HB block left DE

Stop and let Carson get his feet set

By this time Chad's slant is past the SS

Chad can take this to the house

It takes a little practice and remember no pass rush

Have fun!

Elusive1
09-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Yup! I don't roll Carson out of the pocket, hes much better in the pocket, so as long as I have the HB blocking its plenty of time to get the slant open.

I did this in an online game yesterday, it was 3rd down and like 5, 4th quarter, I was up a TD and the guy was blitzing me. I hit chad on the slant, the CB, LB and saftey all converged on him, he broke out of the pile. Unfortunately he was caught by the other safety, I forget the safety name but he was fast. I would of uploaded it to my facebook page if I scored.

I also like to sub ochocinco in for whoever is in the slot and run corners with him, he usually can outrun the nickle CB.

If anyone is interested in checking out some of the plays I uploaded check out my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=749493551

BengalBug
09-12-2009, 12:18 PM
a pump fake usually works well for me.

Bengals0425
09-15-2009, 04:28 PM
I've had pretty good success getting Chad open anywhere on the field. I think it's mostly because I run the ball A LOT and the playaction works wonders later in the game.

My favorite play once the run has been established is the PA TE Leak. You have to run it out of the I-Form with both receivers set left. Chad runs sort of a rounded off deep slant down the middle of the field. He's open just about every time, but if you have enough time, play fake to the TE to get the safety out.

I also like the 4-wide Slot Crosses. Coles makes his money on that play, but it works well flipped with Chad running the deep in route.

I know there are a few others, and I'm about to play so I'll repost them too.

bleed/org&blk
09-15-2009, 10:53 PM
The limited times I've gotten to play the game, I've used ARZ playbook because CIN playbook is the same as last year and my friends on line would eat me up. I also tried NOS playbook but liked ARZ better.

CKWI88
09-15-2009, 11:43 PM
Madden still hasn't found a way to make the crossing routes really difficult to defend. A buddy of mine here at school tries to run them all the time with Maclin running across the field and I find that I have to take a lineman and shove his fat rear in the way. Crossing routes and slants are the best way to go. The cool thing about Madden is that you really do need to establish the run in the game to make the PA bombs work. So set up the PA and then burn them. Make sure to loft the ball too. I have had Chad WIDE open but threw a bullet that the CB could bat down. It also doesnt help that I play against the Eagles and they have Asante on Chad.