PDA

View Full Version : Bengal Fans: You Really Want The Bengals To Win The Super Bowl?

RobertV
05-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Winning the super bowl has gone from being being an honor to being a curse. Look
at the super bowl champions and what has happened to them after winning the super
bowl.

New England Patriots-video taping other teams.

Pittsburgh Steelers-Legal problems, Reed, Holmes, Ben

Colts-Accused of piping in noise

Saints-Accused of covering up vicodin theft (since vicodin is a powerful pain killer, I am sure it is only a matter of time that this will come up in someones mind that it is why they one the superbowl.

Giants- LT is arrested for rape

Ravens-Ray Lewis arrested for murder.

When you think of the troubles the bengals had in the past, they may seem minor if they win a super bowl.

I blame the media in part, seems they hate winners and will take anything negative about a winning franchise and blow it totally out of proportion.

Winning the super bowl is in contention with being on the cover Madden Football

yellowxdiscipline
05-07-2010, 08:54 AM
all those are still better than not winning one, so your answer is yes.

Steeler Eater
05-07-2010, 09:39 AM
I'll take a Super Bowl and a being accused of cheating.

You forgot about the Rooney's paying off the Refs in XL against Seattle.:ninja:

GreggyDigital
05-07-2010, 09:57 AM
At my company we always say that complaints have a direct correlation with volume. The more product you send out, the more likely the customer will find something wrong with it. Most of the time when there really isn't.

Same with winning a Super bowl. Those teams are now under this hideously intrusive media microscope. Success certainly comes at a price.

Steeler Eater
05-07-2010, 10:08 AM
At my company we always say that complaints have a direct correlation with volume. The more product you send out, the more likely the customer will find something wrong with it. Most of the time when there really isn't.

Same with winning a Super bowl. Those teams are now under this hideously intrusive media microscope. Success certainly comes at a price.

Can't argue with that.

It happens with every sport.

Penguins win the Cup and "they get calls, because Crosby is Bettman's Golden Boy."

Yankees win the World Series and "they buy Championships by buying up all the Free Agents."

Saints win the Super Bowl and "the Vicodin theft comes out."

Lakers win a World Championship and "Kobe and Company get all the calls."

It happens every year, it's just a bunch of bitter fans and median members because their team is not in the Spot Light and receiving all the attention.

Chop Block
05-07-2010, 10:21 AM
asking steeler fans if they want the Bengals to win a SB is like asking Ben if he is going to give up getting underage girls drunk and having his way with them..:lol:

Chop Block
05-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Asking steeler fans if they want the Bengals to win a SB is like asking Ben if he is going to give up getting underage girls drunk and having his way with them..:lol:

JS-Steelerfan
05-07-2010, 10:28 AM
...It happens every year, it's just a bunch of bitter fans and median members because their team is not in the Spot Light and receiving all the attention.

It's a little jarring to hear such a succinct and accurate description of Bengal fan behavior coming FROM a Bengal fan.:what:

:rock on:

Benton
05-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Yeah, because losing teams never get any grief for their players bad decisions, coaches bad decisions or arrests.

Mellow

RobertV
05-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Asking steeler fans if they want the Bengals to win a SB is like asking Ben if he is going to give up getting underage girls drunk and having his way with them..:lol:

Didn't help, your post is as stupid the second time as it was the first, want to go three for three?

gmdino
05-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Winning the super bowl has gone from being being an honor to being a curse. Look
at the super bowl champions and what has happened to them after winning the super
bowl.

Saints-Accused of covering up vicodin theft (since vicodin is a powerful pain killer, I am sure it is only a matter of time that this will come up in someones mind that it is why they one the superbowl.

When you think of the troubles the bengals had in the past, they may seem minor if they win a super bowl.

I blame the media in part, seems they hate winners and will take anything negative about a winning franchise and blow it totally out of proportion.

The Bengals won the Super Bowl twice last season.

Every time the beat the Steelers its like they won the Superbowl!:thumbsup:

RobertV
05-07-2010, 10:49 AM

Yeah and look what they did, they signed pacman jones. Further proof that the curse is real. :lol:

Benton
05-07-2010, 10:52 AM

Used to be. Then the Steelers got all crappy. :frown:

Last season was less like two Superbowls and more like playing a preseason team.

RobertV
05-07-2010, 11:09 AM

Last season was less like two Superbowls and more like playing a preseason team.

LOL the steelers have had the same feeling playing the bengals since 1970 :ninja:

Stewy
05-07-2010, 11:14 AM
*shakes the thread* Where's the Smack?

Patrick D from 83
05-07-2010, 11:23 AM
They would be better off not winning a Super Bowl. In fact they should hope to be the last team without a Super Bowl. They could become the Chicago Cubs of the NFL. Everybody gets interested in them because they always blow it. They get more famous by losing and more support.

:rolleyes: I wish.

Bring Back Sam88
05-07-2010, 11:34 AM
I can't think of a problem they Bengals have had alraedy that hasn't been similar to those listed above so it's obvious the opposite will happen to the Bengals.

VCU Rams
05-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Can't argue with that.

Penguins win the Cup and "they get calls, because Crosby is Bettman's Golden Boy."

Yankees win the World Series and "they buy Championships by buying up all the Free Agents."

Saints win the Super Bowl and "the Vicodin theft comes out."

It happens every year, it's just a bunch of bitter fans and median members because their team is not in the Spot Light and receiving all the attention.

well all those are facts dude...watch a few pens and/or lakers games....the yankee thing is also a no doubter. and who knows about the saints..

imagine what could have been if the Indians could have kept CC and Cliff Lee. Baseball is all kinds of effed up

RhythmicGeek
05-07-2010, 12:48 PM
well all those are facts dude...watch a few pens and/or lakers games....the yankee thing is also a no doubter. and who knows about the saints..

imagine what could have been if the Indians could have kept CC and Cliff Lee. Baseball is all kinds of effed up

Gentlemen, this is what is known as a jealous sports fan.

Except for the baseball comment, it is all sorts of effed up.

gmdino
05-07-2010, 02:02 PM
bowl.

Colts-Accused of piping in noise Before they even WENT to a SB

Giants- LT is arrested for rape Might be a stretch since he's been retired for a decade

Ravens-Ray Lewis arrested for murder. Again BEFORE the only SB he won

Just sayin....:rolleyes:

Benton
05-07-2010, 03:04 PM
LOL the steelers have had the same feeling playing the bengals since 1970 :ninja:

The Bengals' 90s weren't nearly as bad as the Steelers getting beat by last season's Browns.

Riddle
05-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Eh, I'll take the bad rep with the Super Bowl win, it can't be worse than 2006.

SociopathicSteelerFan
05-07-2010, 04:24 PM

One game behind you guys after playing a first place schedule is a crappy team? You're really not giving your team much credit are you?:smirk:

Benton
05-07-2010, 05:13 PM
One game behind you guys after playing a first place schedule is a crappy team? You're really not giving your team much credit are you?:smirk:

If that game was to the Browns... the Browns, man... that makes all the difference.

:frown:

The only team in our division with a negative net points and the Steelers couldn't outscore them.

SociopathicSteelerFan
05-07-2010, 06:03 PM
If that game was to the Browns... the Browns, man... that makes all the difference.

:frown:

The only team in our division with a negative net points and the Steelers couldn't outscore them.

That was a horrible game, can't be denied. It only serves to bolster my point though, the Steelers are a vastly more talented team then they showed last year, even without Troy and Smitty. I know you don't think that game was indicative of the Steelers level of talent so you're basically making my argument for me.:wink:

Benton
05-07-2010, 06:15 PM
That was a horrible game

http://www.thechc.ca/images/Dave.jpg

Sorry, I missed the rest of the post.

Beaker
05-07-2010, 06:26 PM
bowl.

Then why do steeler fans keep bragging about 6 rings?

SociopathicSteelerFan
05-07-2010, 06:57 PM

Because it's awesome.:thumbsup:

sloppy lombardi slaps
05-07-2010, 07:52 PM
That was a horrible game, can't be denied. It only serves to bolster my point though, the Steelers are a vastly more talented team then they showed last year, even without Troy and Smitty. I know you don't think that game was indicative of the Steelers level of talent so you're basically making my argument for me.:wink:

haha you sound like a wannabe Housh.

Steely_J
05-08-2010, 12:52 AM

Yeah..it wasn't even that funny the first time you posted it... nublet.

Because it's awesome.:thumbsup:

:Clap:

coltsfan4ever
05-08-2010, 11:20 AM

Because according to RobertV, they represent the only seasons that the Steelers were successful. The rest of the years were failure years. So, it would make sense that they would be proud of the only SIX YEARS that the Steelers were successful. The rest of the years, in the entire existence of their franchise, were failures.

According to RobertV

Who also happens to be a Steelers fan! :thumbsup:

RobertV
05-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Because according to RobertV, they represent the only seasons that the Steelers were successful. The rest of the years were failure years. So, it would make sense that they would be proud of the only SIX YEARS that the Steelers were successful. The rest of the years, in the entire existence of their franchise, were failures.

According to RobertV

And Tony Dungy. You do know who he is don't you?

A few years later he would with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. But after six years he was surprisingly let go and picked up by Indianapolis.
"When I got let go at Tampa, I really felt that the Lord was trying to get me to see some type of opportunity there in Tampa outside of football that I wouldn’t have experienced if I’d continued coaching. Or He was moving me to another city in the football world," he explains.
During his first year with Indianapolis, the unexpected happened with his former team.
"We’re in the playoffs but never could quite win it all. Then my first year here, they win it all. I was very happy for the guys that were there. You realize that we set a goal, and they achieved it without you.

http://news.steelers.com/article/61284

It's very disappointing right now. We'll get a chance to look back and reflect a little bit as we have some time off. But again, I'm proud of this team. They handled every trial that came upon them. I really thought the Lord's hand was on this team. We have some special guys and I'm very proud of them. We're disappointed the way this season's turned out, disappointed not to play better in front of our home crowd today. But, we'll survive. Personally, a couple of big disappointments.

BUT BUT they had a great season why is he disappointed?

Quote from Stockley

“Our goal was to win the Super Bowl, not to go 13-0. We didn’t win the Super Bowl, so it’s a disappointing season.” Oh my he needs to talk to Coltsfan4ever, he will then understand how important the regular season games are and meaningless the post season play is. What is this goal about winning the super bowl.. NONSENE! That is not the goal!

gmdino
05-08-2010, 03:17 PM

According to RobertV

Actually the goal of MOST teams in the NFL is to win the super Bowl. Anything less, while still quite good is failure really.

So a team may be happy with a winning season or a playoff win (Bengal fans can try to catch the 1990 season on the NFL network for that one) but they want to win it all.

Most teams. Apparently the Bengals just want to beat the Steelers. So congrats on that.:denny:

JollyGrnGiant8
05-09-2010, 05:29 AM
Can't argue with that.

Can anyone actually argue against this one though? lol. Alex Rodriguez does make more than the entire Pirates roster, add in Jeter, and then you have the Reds entire roster. Add in Tex and CC, and you have the Cubs entire roster. haha

coltsfan4ever
05-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote from Stockley

Our goal was to win the Super Bowl, not to go 13-0. We didnt win the Super Bowl, so its a disappointing season. Oh my he needs to talk to Coltsfan4ever, he will then understand how important the regular season games are and meaningless the post season play is. What is this goal about winning the super bowl.. NONSENE! That is not the goal!

See? You're trying to put words in my mouth again. I NEVER said that post season play is meaningless. What I said was that it shouldn't define an entire season for a team. Postseason games should be the reward a team gets if they do well in the regular season. They get a chance to win some playoff games and then get a chance to win the Superbowl. It's more of a reward rather than a goal. If winning the Superbowl is always the goal of a team, what happens during the re-building years? Why bother even playing, right? Just forfeit every game until you feel that your team is good enough to get into the playoffs and win the Superbowl.

coltsfan4ever
05-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Actually the goal of MOST teams in the NFL is to win the super Bowl. Anything less, while still quite good is failure really.

So a team may be happy with a winning season or a playoff win (Bengal fans can try to catch the 1990 season on the NFL network for that one) but they want to win it all.

Most teams. Apparently the Bengals just want to beat the Steelers. So congrats on that.:denny:

You mean... you're not even proud even 1 bit that your Steelers managed to have a winning season despite the fact that the Steelers defense (the hallmark of the Steelers, by the way) was handicapped most of the season? I thought it was impressive. Most teams, when handicapped that badly, would have had a losing season. Including my Colts! The hallmark of my Colts is the Offense. If Peyton was injured most of the season and they still managed a winning season, I would think that a miracle happened and I would be proud of them. So, yeah, winning the Superbowl is great, but it shouldn't define an entire season.

And "yeah"... I was disappointed the Colts didn't win the Superbowl. But... there's always the upcoming season! :thumbsup:

VCU Rams
05-09-2010, 12:40 PM
pssh who really cares about super bowls...the next season everyone is back to square one anyway. :ninja:

eakephas
05-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Ray Lewis was accused of murder before they won the Super Bowl, wasn't he?

gmdino
05-09-2010, 05:45 PM
You mean... you're not even proud even 1 bit that your Steelers managed to have a winning season despite the fact that the Steelers defense (the hallmark of the Steelers, by the way) was handicapped most of the season? I thought it was impressive. Most teams, when handicapped that badly, would have had a losing season. Including my Colts! The hallmark of my Colts is the Offense. If Peyton was injured most of the season and they still managed a winning season, I would think that a miracle happened and I would be proud of them. So, yeah, winning the Superbowl is great, but it shouldn't define an entire season.

And "yeah"... I was disappointed the Colts didn't win the Superbowl. But... there's always the upcoming season! :thumbsup:

I am always happy when the Steelers win. but the ultimate goal of every season is to win the Super Bowl. I was referring to the players themselves...not the fans.

One thing I learned though is win or lose I still have to get up for work the next day so i don't get too uptight about it anymore. Well, at least not for very long!

Chop Block
05-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Yeah..it wasn't even that funny the first time you posted it... nublet.:rolleyes:+ 2

:Clap: steeler fans sux and so does Ben..i think it is funny that Ben makes bad decisions not just one time but three..:lol::lol::lol:

GoChargers
05-09-2010, 09:10 PM

Those "excuses" are actually true.

I can't remember the last time the Yankees weren't in the top five of MLB payrolls, if there was even a time for that. And isn't it funny how the team signing all of the good players in free agency always happens to be the Yankees?

As for the Lakers, NBA referees have been completely exposed as cheaters. (http://deadspin.com/5392067/excerpts-from-the-book-the-nba-doesnt-want-you-to-read) Here's a choice quote dealing specifically with Kobe:

If Kobe Bryant had two fouls in the first or second quarter and went to the bench, one referee would tell the other two, "Kobe's got two fouls. Let's make sure that if we call a foul on him, it's an obvious foul, because otherwise he's gonna go back to the bench. If he is involved in a play where a foul is called, give the foul to another player."

VCU Rams
05-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Those "excuses" are actually true.

I can't remember the last time the Yankees weren't in the top five of MLB payrolls, if there was even a time for that. And isn't it funny how the team signing all of the good players in free agency always happens to be the Yankees?

As for the Lakers, NBA referees have been completely exposed as cheaters. (http://deadspin.com/5392067/excerpts-from-the-book-the-nba-doesnt-want-you-to-read) Here's a choice quote dealing specifically with Kobe:

some people still live in bubbles believing that things with wrong intentions don't happen in sports

RobertV
05-09-2010, 11:48 PM
steeler fans sux and so does Ben..i think it is funny that Ben makes bad decisions not just one time but three..:lol::lol::lol:

Still havent learn to count yet I see. You want to witness bad decisions? Watch Palmer play QB on sunday.

Yes, you can have one day without having to use your flash cards to learn to count.

Atlarge
05-10-2010, 12:55 AM
My Grandfather told me when I was six that the one thing he wanted was to see the Bengals win it all. He didn't.

Yeah, I want the Bengals to win a superbowl, are you thick?

coltsfan4ever
05-10-2010, 03:23 PM
My Grandfather told me when I was six that the one thing he wanted was to see the Bengals win it all. He didn't.

Yeah, I want the Bengals to win a superbowl, are you thick?

Actually... so do I. Two decades is a long time to wait in between Superbowls. You Bengal fans have suffered enough!

Steely_J
05-10-2010, 10:40 PM
steeler fans sux and so does Ben..i think it is funny that Ben makes bad decisions not just one time but three..:lol::lol::lol:

It's painful watching you try to formulate and a share a thought.

Steeler Eater
05-11-2010, 01:06 AM
Still havent learn to count yet I see. You want to witness bad decisions? Watch Palmer play QB on sunday.

Yes, you can have one day without having to use your flash cards to learn to count.

Mugwa???:ninja:

GreenHornet
05-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Please noob, your team lost to the Browns (second game,a team should always sweep them) and could only put up field goals. What was that ---- a 28th ranked rushing defense against 19th ranked rushing offense? Ok ok the Steelers aren't a smash mouth run game much anymore, so 9th passing offense against a 15th ranked defense-----but still only 6 points against the Browns---THE BROWNS LOL.Ok more salt to the gasping straws Steeler tool,if your team won that game more than likely that would have put you in the playoffs,or at least a possible choice for wild card-THE BROWNS LOL.

Fyi
Your top schedule wasn't much different than anyone else schedule except 2 games.And for the most part the Jets were tougher than those silly Dolphins ya got.For the most part of 2009 Bengals season was two flavors of offense Vanilla and French vanilla from Bratowski lack of real play calling.Also a handful of dropped passes thanks to a declining receiver named Coles,at least 2-3 games could have been wins if he could actually catch the ball.