PDA

View Full Version : Scared..?

Pages : [1] 2

xela- whodey
07-27-2010, 08:53 PM
With the Bengals signing T.O what do you Steelers fans, Ravens fans, or even that 1 Colts think of the signing? Are you scared yet?

Benton
07-27-2010, 09:19 PM
The only thing Steeler fans fear are cops doing their jobs and lineups. Ravens fans fear broken hips and a fiber shortage. And Browns fans? Browns fans fear the first week of September. And staph.

Asmith(DE)
07-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Just curious why only the bengals had interest and why it took until 2 days before camp:smirk:

Perhaps the Bryant contract and situation is a lot like Coles. All I heard is that he's struggled and there's talk that his knee is not holding up well.

xela- whodey
07-27-2010, 09:21 PM
The only thing Steeler fans fear are cops doing their jobs and lineups. Ravens fans fear broken hips and a fiber shortage. And Browns fans? Browns fans fear the first week of September. And staph.

ha notice i didn't even mention the Browns Fans

xela- whodey
07-27-2010, 09:22 PM
Just curious why only the bengals had interest and why it took until 2 days before camp:smirk:

Perhaps the Bryant contract and situation is a lot like Coles. All I heard is that he's struggled and there's talk that his knee is not holding up well.

and the Rams and the Jets:smirk:

Asmith(DE)
07-27-2010, 09:23 PM
and the Rams and the Jets:smirk:

Rams. The worst team in the league, backed away from TO.

That says a lot:lol:

When even Buffalo makes no effort or has no desire to resign him...Yikes.

Infact, those are the two places NFL players least like to play; Buffalo and Cincinnati.

Benton
07-27-2010, 09:25 PM

Just my opinion, but I think it's a difference between Mike and Marvin. I think they both agreed they needed receivers. Marvin got the first choice— Bryant— but Brown got the last word.

But what do I know? I thought the Steelers would be smart enough to get a new coach next year.

ha notice i didn't even mention the Browns Fans

Nobody does.

:lol:

xela- whodey
07-27-2010, 09:25 PM

And the Jets? Considered one of the best in the league:thumbsup:

The Rams didn't sign him because they knew T.O wouldn't have been able to play with an unproven QB in Bradford

:lol:

Benton
07-27-2010, 09:26 PM

Infact, those are the two places NFL players least like to play; Buffalo and Cincinnati.

Rams knew he wasn't going there unless they offered a boatload of cash. Owens said he wanted Cincinnati.

Hugh Frothenpheffer
07-27-2010, 09:27 PM

T.O. only came down on his price with us. He wanted to play with a team interested in him that was capable of playoffs. He was asking like 6+ million, and told the Bengals he would take half that a couple days ago.

gmdino
07-27-2010, 09:34 PM
I always liked TO...but he drops too many passes and has been a bit of a head case in the past.

There's a reason 28 different teams didn't even make an offer...whatever that reason is Bengals fans better hope it doesn't come back to bite them.

I just can't see MB suddenly making right decisions! LOL!

Somehow this has to be a bad thing.:thumbsup:

Nately120
07-27-2010, 09:36 PM
The Rams are going to be in last place without TO, why risk it? Carson and Ocho are getting old, so is TO and none have won the big 'un, that alone should promote enough solidarity to last a one year contract.

Asmith(DE)
07-27-2010, 09:37 PM
T.O. only came down on his price with us. He wanted to play with a team interested in him that was capable of playoffs. He was asking like 6+ million, and told the Bengals he would take half that a couple days ago.

You really believe a player told an interested and potential employer he would take 3 million dollars less to sign with him, knowing full well nobody else had serious interest?:joe:

TO got the best deal he could in terms of money. Not a damn team in the league would pay him even remotely close to 6 million - one of the primary reasons for his lengthy unemployment.

The guy took pretty much the only contract offered to him, from what I've heard the Jets had very limited interest in him - Not to mention the fact that TO would never go to the Jets because that would make TO a #3 receiver - something his ego would not allow.

Luvnit2
07-27-2010, 09:37 PM
I always liked TO...but he drops too many passes and has been a bit of a head case in the past.

There's a reason 28 different teams didn't even make an offer...whatever that reason is Bengals fans better hope it doesn't come back to bite them.

Mike Brown has been making great decisions starting with the 2008 draft and free agency.

SociopathicSteelerFan
07-27-2010, 09:38 PM
I'm going to take an honest stab at this, which means it will go over many heads.

To begin with the TO signing doesn't make me any more concerned about your team than I already was. I think it's more an acknowledgment that you made a mistake in signing Bryant than anything else. None of your, now, top three receivers is comfortable, or even willing, to run inside short to intermediate routes. You essentially have three of the exact same type of receiver. I know many of you have high hopes for Shipley. If he doesn't pan out than you have no WR willing to run tough possession routes over the middle.

I understand the logic of the incentive laden contract from a business standpoint. However, from a TO stand point it has ugly possibilities written all over it. If TO isn't seeing the ball enough he's going to get upset, even more upset than he usually would when not getting the ball. This will only be compounded if you guys are losing. Considering that you guys are a run first team now coupled with the fact that you have three WR's who are all going to demand the ball and this scenario becomes more probable than possible.

You guys already have a fragile team chemistry. Now you've added just about every malcontent from the old Cowboys squad that had to be blown up. Yes, TO will make a big show of being buddy buddy and light hearted at first, just like he did with McNabb. If things go poorly this facade will disappear. The potential for disaster is far greater than the upside IMO.

Essentially you didn't add anything to your team that you didn't already have, except for one more headcase. If Bryant is too damaged to be effective, which seems likely to me, then all you did was replace him with a WR with the same skill set and possibly more mental baggage. You need only ask yourself this, if TO is still such a dangerous WR why did he have zero suitors at his $4 mill per asking price? Why were you able to get him at half of what he wanted? That's the question none of you are answering or even pondering. When you answer that question you'll know the answer to the threads premise.

Luvnit2
07-27-2010, 09:39 PM
You really believe a player told an interested and potential employer he would take 3 million dollars less to sign with him, knowing full well nobody else had serious interest?:joe:

TO got the best deal he could in terms of money. Not a damn team in the league would pay him even remotely close to 6 million - one of the primary reasons for his lengthy unemployment.

The guy took pretty much the only contract offered to him, from what I've heard the Jets had very limited interest in him - Not to mention the fact that TO would never go to the Jets because that would make TO a #3 receiver - something his ego would not allow.
Jealous because now the Bengals have 8 receivers on their roster better than anything Steelers have at 3 or better on their roster,

Great move grabbing Battle and Randle El as your improvements for 2010.

coltsfan4ever
07-27-2010, 09:40 PM
With the Bengals signing T.O what do you Steelers fans, Ravens fans, or even that 1 Colts think of the signing? Are you scared yet?

What do "I" think?

I think T.O. is over-rated, which is why NO OTHER TEAM in the NFL wanted him. If he was such a hot commodity, why no interest?

Also, it's probably going to be insufferable in that locker room. The two HUGE EGO's the Ocho and T.O. possess is going to smother the rest of the team. The first time there's adversity, instead of ONE prima-donna wide receiver throwing Carson under the bus, there will be TWO prima-donna wide receivers throwing Carson under the bus.

Also, as someone already pointed out here, T.O. drops a lot of passes. I don't know... doesn't that remind you of someone else who used to be on the Bengals but was let go?

To me, this is actually Carson's ultimate test as an elite QB. If he can keep the Ocho and T.O. from blowing up the team AND pass to them consistently without them killing him, then I'll be very impressed! To me, I'm just glad they're not with the Colts. OMG! I think Peyton would just immediately retire if he found out that he had both the Ocho AND T.O. as his primary wide receivers instead of Wayne and Garcon. So, simply on that alone... well... hell... I take my hat off to Carson.

Hey... GOOD LUCK with the 2 prima-donnas most likely to blow up a team! :thumbsup:

Nately120
07-27-2010, 09:40 PM

Isn't that a bit of a contradiction? I mean, he took the only contract he was offered, but at the same time his ego wouldn't let him be a #3 WR? He spent a year in Buffalo for Pete's sake then spent the majority of the offseason unemployed, if the man's ego hasn't been beaten to a pulp then perhaps he is as nuts as people say.

Asmith(DE)
07-27-2010, 09:41 PM
Mike Brown has been making great decisions starting with the 2008 draft and free agency.

Couldn't agree more. Andre Smith is the envy of every small chested woman.

I love how you say starting with the 2008 draft. Dispite the fact it's still too early to grade said draft. 3-5 years and we'll talk. 1 average season with a playoff appearance is easily overshadowed by poor seasons. We don't hand out trophies for 1 average season.

Steeler Eater
07-27-2010, 09:42 PM
I'm going to take an honest stab at this, which means it will go over many heads.

To begin with the TO signing doesn't make me any more concerned about your team than I already was. I think it's more an acknowledgment that you made a mistake in signing Bryant than anything else. None of your, now, top three receivers is comfortable, or even willing, to run inside short to intermediate routes. You essentially have three of the exact same type of receiver. I know many of you have high hopes for Shipley. If he doesn't pan out than you have no WR willing to run tough possession routes over the middle.

I understand the logic of the incentive laden contract from a business standpoint. However, from a TO stand point it has ugly possibilities written all over it. If TO isn't seeing the ball enough he's going to get upset, even more upset than he usually would when not getting the ball. This will only be compounded if you guys are losing. Considering that you guys are a run first team now coupled with the fact that you have three WR's who are all going to demand the ball and this scenario becomes more probable than possible.

You guys already have a fragile team chemistry. Now you've added just about every malcontent from the old Cowboys squad that had to be blown up. Yes, TO will make a big show of being buddy buddy and light hearted at first, just like he did with McNabb. If things go poorly this facade will disappear. The potential for disaster is far greater than the upside IMO.

Essentially you didn't add anything to your team that you didn't already have, except for one more headcase. If Bryant is too damaged to be effective, which seems likely to me, then all you did was replace him with a WR with the same skill set and possibly more mental baggage. You need only ask yourself this, if TO is still such a dangerous WR why did he have zero suitors at his $4 mill per asking price? Why were you able to get him at half of what he wanted? That's the question none of you are answering or even pondering. When you answer that question you'll know the answer to the threads premise.

That is the most worthless piece of crap you have ever put on here. I'm actually disappointed.

bodeezy
07-27-2010, 09:42 PM

And the dumbest post of the day award goes to ....ding ding ding - SSF

I can't believe you took time out of your day to write something that stupid and idiotic.

Go back to your cave Troll!

Asmith(DE)
07-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Isn't that a bit of a contradiction? I mean, he took the only contract he was offered, but at the same time his ego wouldn't let him be a #3 WR? He spent a year in Buffalo for Pete's sake then spent the majority of the offseason unemployed, if the man's ego hasn't been beaten to a pulp then perhaps he is as nuts as people say.

Umm...do you really question if he is that nuts?

I am merely stating; Only buffalo would take him last year. If he went to the Jets today he would have been a #3WR. He would never do that, not unless it was his only option. Cincinnati allows him to be the #2.
For a guy who "loves me some me" - only cares about himself, he's serving his ego the best he can.

gmdino

I love how you say starting with the 2008 draft. Dispite the fact it's still too early to grade said draft. 3-5 years and we'll talk. 1 average season with a playoff appearance is easily overshadowed by poor seasons. We don't hand out trophies for 1 average season.

Sweeping the division (beating the Steelers) is good enough! :ninja:

SociopathicSteelerFan
That is the most worthless piece of crap you have ever put on here. I'm actually disappointed.

Aww, the TO man crush parade doesn't like the dose of reality. Nice retort boys, I'm sorry I interrupted your self congratulatory crapfest.:thumbsup:

BmorePat87
07-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Apparently two divas are better than one?

Good luck with the drama, Cincy.

Steeler Eater
07-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Aww, the TO man crush parade doesn't like the dose of reality. Nice retort boys, I'm sorry I interrupted your self congratulatory crapfest.:thumbsup:

Weak.

You really are on the decline lately.

Luvnit2
07-27-2010, 09:47 PM

Where do I begin?

Bryant and TO are already very good over the middle. Caldwell proved he can be as well. Shipley is just insurance and may not play a down in 2010. The thing is Shipley and Caldwell are far superior to anything the Steelers put on the field as a number 3 receiver.

No doubt, TO is older, but so is Hines and he has been productive. TO finally understands he is not a number one so no headaches from TO this year.

Last, I love value. We pay TO 2million, teams like Steelers and Ravens pay Hines and Mason over 5 million each. Let;s see who makes more per catch and TD in 2010.

TO declared early and often he wanted to play with his good friend Chad. He got his wish. TO has never come into an organization for anything other than money in the past. It is a new dawn for TO and he knows it.

bodeezy

Go to your home... are you to good for you home?

I have been on the Steelers boards since the signing, and they know more about football then I thought. They actually respect us over their... I had no idea.
you on the other hand know minimal to nothing about the game. Your post only shows your lack of intellect.:tongue:

Asmith(DE)
Apparently two divas are better than one?

Good luck with the drama, Cincy.

I will certainly enjoy watching their team of egomaniac's supernova by week 10 when they have no shot at the playoffs.

SociopathicSteelerFan
Weak.

You really are on the decline lately.

If by decline you mean pointing out facts you're apparently unable to refute then yes. Otherwise, no. But feel free to take a stab at some actual football talk, that is if you can manage to type with one hand after this signing.

gmdino
07-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Where do I begin?

Bryant and TO are already very good over the middle. Caldwell proved he can be as well. Shipley is just insurance and may not play a down in 2010. The thing is Shipley and Caldwell are far superior to anything the Steelers put on the field as a number 3 receiver.

No doubt, TO is older, but so is Hines and he has been productive. TO finally understands he is not a number one so no headaches from TO this year.

Last, I love value. We pay TO 2million, teams like Steelers and Ravens pay Hines and Mason over 5 million each. Let;s see who makes more per catch and TD in 2010.

TO declared early and often he wanted to play with his good friend Chad. He got his wish. TO has never come into an organization for anything other than money in the past. It is a new dawn for TO and he knows it.

Yes, TO certainly plays over the middle well...:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qskKhNhXaVc

Nately120
Umm...do you really question if he is that nuts?

I am merely stating; Only buffalo would take him last year. If he went to the Jets today he would have been a #3WR. He would never do that, not unless it was his only option. Cincinnati allows him to be the #2.
For a guy who "loves me some me" - only cares about himself, he's serving his ego the best he can.

I do question that he is that nuts. I think spending a season in Buffalo has sobered him up a bit. Plus, he had almost 70 catches and over 1,000 yards the last time a QB anyone has heard of was throwing to him. First things first, the Bengals need a WR who can pick up the slack when Ocho gets double-teamed; personalities come after that.

If this year is a big ol' mess then don't sign him to a second year and find someone else. The Bengals may be taking some sort of risk here but that's what happens. I'm not saying TO is up to Randy Moss standards, but I recall people thinking the Patriots were nuts for signing that head-case who couldn't get a job outside of Oakland.

At any rate, the Bengals have been working to fill some holes and that's quite a fine thing to see, head-case be damned!

SociopathicSteelerFan
Go to your home... are you to good for you home?

I have been on the Steelers boards since the signing, and they know more about football then I thought. They actually respect us over their... I had no idea.
you on the other hand know minimal to nothing about the game. Your post only shows your lack of intellect.:tongue:

Again, ask yourself this. We traded our #1 WR this offseason. If TO was as valuable as you guys want him to be, why didn't we even make a stab at acquiring TO? When you answer that question you'll answer the thread premise as well.

xela- whodey
07-27-2010, 09:50 PM

You think things were going good in Buffalo? What did T.O do, he kept his mouth shut.

Steeler Eater
07-27-2010, 09:51 PM
If by decline you mean pointing out facts you're apparently unable to refute then yes. Otherwise, no. But feel free to take a stab at some actual football talk, that is if you can manage to type with one hand after this signing.

Point out facts?

You pointed out your take on things, and how you believe things will play out.

Just because you convince yourself that your ideas are fact in your little world does not mean that they are.

I'm going to have to coin you PathologicalLiarSteelerFan.

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 09:52 PM

you're stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn70TDYUo0Q

go to 4:09

you'll see owens going across the middle. you'll see a linebacker try to knock him down and out the play, but he stays up, makes the catch and runs it in.

Luvnit2

You might want to read other AFC north coaches thoughts on the Bengals.

They are now known as one of the most physical teams in the division, in 2006 and 2007, they were one of the most soft. It was done through teh draft and FA signings orchestrated by Mike Brown.

But, what do fellow coaches know?

Steeler Eater
I will certainly enjoy watching their team of egomaniac's supernova by week 10 when they have no shot at the playoffs.

Says the team who is written off before the Pre-Season even starts.

Nately120
07-27-2010, 09:53 PM

That's only fair since I got to tune into the Steeler locker room whinefest following each of those five losses. Losing makes any team whine, TO or no TO.

Frankly, since we are talking about off-the-field issues I'm going to assume we have no actual gameday things to discuss.

Asmith(DE)
07-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Where do I begin?

Bryant is in no way good over the middle. You couldn't possibly be more incorrect about that.

I will concede that Chad is better over the middle than most Steelers fans give him credit for, I have seem him lit up on numerous occasions - he takes it like a man.

However, TO is an enigma. Here you have the perfect physical body for a wide receiver who should be dominant over the middle. However... All too often he utterly and completely stops running, heck I've seen him stop going for a catch because he was going to get blown up. Stopped dead in his tracks.
He is a quitter.

Ps, that's not even mentioning the fact that he's been near the tops of the league for a while now in dropped passes... It seems vaguely familar that bengals fans just a few months back complained of another receiver who dropped too many passes...

Just saying..
Yes, the Bengals are better today. I'd seriously question about the future at the wide receiver position, because now some young guys are going to get cut. However there is one important thing of note; There's a real chance for disaster here. And quite frankly, if this doesn't work out, If I'm Carson Palmer, Im outta there asap.

Luvnit2
07-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Sweeping the division (beating the Steelers) is good enough! :ninja:
No it isn't, but sure is a great start.

This year the beat down will be worse for your boys and the rest of the league.

Asmith(DE)
07-27-2010, 09:55 PM
You might want to read other AFC north coaches thoughts on the Bengals.

They are now known as one of the most physical teams in the division, in 2006 and 2007, they were one of the most soft. It was done through teh draft and FA signings orchestrated by Mike Brown.

But, what do fellow coaches know?

You find me one coach who calls a division opponent soft.

It's called respect and minimizing bulletin board material. You think what the Steelers and Ravens coach's say of the bengals matters at all?

I can tell you as soon as we play, Tomlin's telling his team that the bengals are soft.

SociopathicSteelerFan
07-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Where do I begin?

The beginning?

First thing, your initial sentence in this quote is ludicrous. It makes anything else you claim very suspect. Caldwell is nothing special and you have zero idea what you have in Shipley. You can't make any claims about a guy who hasn't taken a single NFL snap yet. This kind of reasoning is why certain people make fun of you.

I never mentioned his age so why would you?

I love gold! Ask yourself why you got such a value, maybe because it isn't such a value? Oh, I get it, the Bengals are just that much smarter than everyone else, that's why they've been the model NFL franchise for so long.

Yes, TO gave away bargaining power because he was desperate to play for the NFL powerhouse Bengals. Do you even read this crap before you post it? Please, someone come up with a borderline intelligent rebuttal.

Nately120
07-27-2010, 09:56 PM
The Bengals haven't won a playoff game in 20 years. Why in the name of Boomer Esiason's jock-strap should we be worried about the locker room?

gmdino
07-27-2010, 09:57 PM
At any rate, the Bengals have been working to fill some holes and that's quite a fine thing to see, head-case be damned!

Same old Bengals...just put someone in there...team chemistry be danged.

It could bring bad things to the locker room.

Heck, Palmer didn't even like the whole Ochocinco thing.
http://i30.tinypic.com/1j1aph.jpg

What's he going to do with two superstars?
http://i39.tinypic.com/2py8f7n.jpg

SociopathicSteelerFan
07-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Point out facts?

You pointed out your take on things, and how you believe things will play out.

Just because you convince yourself that your ideas are fact in your little world does not mean that they are.

I'm going to have to coin you PathologicalLiarSteelerFan.

Facts, opinions, whatever, you didn't address a single one of them. Keep obfuscating with your cute personal attacks though, it's at least amusing.

you're stupid.

When a stupid person calls you stupid you know you're on the right track.

Asmith(DE)
07-27-2010, 09:58 PM
The Bengals haven't won a playoff game in 20 years. Why in the name of Boomer Esiason's jock-strap should we be worried about the locker room?

Because Carson Palmer can't stop Ocho and TO from punching Marvin Lewis in the face.

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 09:59 PM

and when someone doesn't respond to your post, you know they've been owned.

Nately120
07-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Same old Bengals...just put someone in there...team chemistry be danged.

Hey, I cringed when they brought Benson in (I'm a Bears fan, too) but I was WRONG, gladly so.

It could bring bad things to the locker room.

Yes it could. And it could bring another capable WR to strengthen what was a very one-note passing attack on a team that had a good defense and good running game. Could this be bad? Yes. Is it worth the risk? Yes. That's business, aint it?

Asmith(DE)
07-27-2010, 10:01 PM

Techniqualy you did not respond to his post.

So...You've been owned, and you're stupid.

SociopathicSteelerFan
07-27-2010, 10:01 PM

Yeah, one example totally disproves what everyone in the NFL knows to be true, that TO gets alligator arms. Tell us some more about how Matt Jones will have 50+ catches for the Bengals this season. You don't even have the self respect to be ashamed of all the dumb crap you spew.

Now, tell me how I got owned again.:smirk:

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Techniqualy you did not respond to his post.

So...You've been owned, and you're stupid.

read again, i deleted what wasn't said to me moron.

Steeler Eater
07-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Facts, opinions, whatever, you didn't address a single one of them. Keep obfuscating with your cute personal attacks though, it's at least amusing.

I don't address shenanigans. I do believe that is the only word that explains this kind of tomfoolery that a numbskull like you might be able to comprehend.

SociopathicSteelerFan
07-27-2010, 10:04 PM
I guess the TO fan club have hands too slippery with baby oil to address why TO was signed for a fraction of his asking price. I mean, he's so great why did no other NFL team want him at even $3 mill?

SociopathicSteelerFan
07-27-2010, 10:05 PM
I don't address shenanigans. I do believe that is the only word that explains this kind of tomfoolery that a numbskull like you might be able to comprehend.

Your trolling is way too obvious. You need to learn the subtle ways of sloppy.Mellow

GreenHornet
07-27-2010, 10:07 PM

Think Oakland would be on the top of that list followed by the Lions.:tongue:

Asmith(DE)
07-27-2010, 10:08 PM
read again, i deleted what wasn't said to me moron.

You quoted something, and your response had nothing to do with what you quoted.
I called you out on it. Keep trolling.

I swear, every day I laugh at your nonsense.

Again, falling back to the name calling:lol:
You really are too predictable.

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 10:12 PM
Yeah, one example totally disproves what everyone in the NFL knows to be true, that TO gets alligator arms. Tell us some more about how Matt Jones will have 50+ catches for the Bengals this season. You don't even have the self respect to be ashamed of all the dumb crap you spew.

Now, tell me how I got owned again.:smirk:

you got owned because you said something that's blatantly wrong and i called you out.

watch the rest of the video, that's not the only time he goes over the middle.

hell TO beat the bengals by going over the middle.

Steeler Eater
07-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Your trolling is way too obvious. You need to learn the subtle ways of sloppy.Mellow

The irony in that statement is epic.

Is this really what it has come to for you SSF?

It's like you're on your smack death bed and your mom is about to pull the plug to your dial-up.

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 10:15 PM
You quoted something, and your response had nothing to do with what you quoted.
I called you out on it. Keep trolling.

I swear, every day I laugh at your nonsense.

Again, falling back to the name calling:lol:
You really are too predictable.

explain yourself child.

Luvnit2
07-27-2010, 10:17 PM
The beginning?

First thing, your initial sentence in this quote is ludicrous. It makes anything else you claim very suspect. Caldwell is nothing special and you have zero idea what you have in Shipley. You can't make any claims about a guy who hasn't taken a single NFL snap yet. This kind of reasoning is why certain people make fun of you.

I never mentioned his age so why would you?

I love gold! Ask yourself why you got such a value, maybe because it isn't such a value? Oh, I get it, the Bengals are just that much smarter than everyone else, that's why they've been the model NFL franchise for so long.

Yes, TO gave away bargaining power because he was desperate to play for the NFL powerhouse Bengals. Do you even read this crap before you post it? Please, someone come up with a borderline intelligent rebuttal.
How is saying Shipley insurance propping him up?

Have you lost your mind?

Caldwell caught 5 passes against the Steelers over the middle. He beat the Ravens over the middle. He is now a backup (4 or 5th best), but better than any number three the Steelers have.

Who looks dumb again?

Asmith(DE)
07-27-2010, 10:19 PM
explain yourself child.

He threw in an observation at the end of his post. You did not respond to the post, only made your own observation ontop of his.
That observation was calling him out for not responding, dispite the fact you were contradicting yourself by not responding to his actual post.

That makes you guilty of stupidity, and you admitted to being 'owned'

Somehow, you have managed the impossible. You owned yourself in a negative way. :what:

You're so stupid, my IQ has decreased just trying to comprehend the useless electronic diarrhea you spew over this forum on a daily basis. At least you provide a good laugh.

So please, refrain from calling anybody; stupid or a moron because you sir, are Sloppy, King of the intellectually challenged.

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 10:22 PM
He threw in an observation at the end of his post. You did not respond to the post, only made your own observation ontop of his.
That observation was calling him out for not responding, dispite the fact you were contradicting yourself by not responding to his actual post.

Somehow, you have managed the impossible. You owned yourself in a negative way. :what:

You're so stupid, my IQ has decreased just trying to comprehend the useless electronic diarrhea you spew over this forum on a daily basis. At least you provide a good laugh.

no. he didn't throw in an observation, he quoted part of my post.

so i responded.

i didn't respond to what wasn't directed at me.

just give up your posturing and try to win your own battles.

SociopathicSteelerFan
07-27-2010, 10:23 PM
The irony in that statement is epic.

Is this really what it has come to for you SSF?

It's like you're on your smack death bed and your mom is about to pull the plug to your dial-up.

Wow, you guys get really butthurt when someone doesn't join the TO mancrush pride parade.

burghman50
07-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Scared? Of what?

T.O is 36 years old and while his buddy says he is amazing, the guy has never had to deal with defenses such as the steelers and Ravens, 4 games TO. This isn't the pansy defenses in the NFC your playing against 4 times. One year and your done, if you make it.

Steeler Eater
07-27-2010, 10:24 PM

So please, refrain from calling anybody; stupid or a moron because you sir, are Sloppy, King of the intellectually challenged.

You trying to sound smart makes Robert V look like a Politician.

SociopathicSteelerFan
07-27-2010, 10:25 PM
How is saying Shipley insurance propping him up?

You said he was better than anyone the Steelers can offer at #3. I just pointed out how stupid that statement is to make about a guy who's never played an NFL down.

Have you lost your mind?

No.

Caldwell caught 5 passes against the Steelers over the middle. He beat the Ravens over the middle. He is now a backup (4 or 5th best), but better than any number three the Steelers have.

So, if he's the #4 at best he won't see the field much, so who's going to catch those middle of the field routes?

Who looks dumb again?

I'm sure it's obvious enough to go unsaid.

Nately120
07-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Scared? Of what?

T.O is 36 years old and while his buddy says he is amazing, the guy has never had to deal with defenses such as the steelers and Ravens, 4 games TO. This isn't the pansy defenses in the NFC your playing against 4 times. One year and your done, if you make it.

Have you seen the Steelers and Raven's cornerbacks lately?

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Scared? Of what?

he's had to deal with the eagles, cowboys, redskins and giants.

steeler fan displays his fear with every post.

Steeler Eater
07-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Wow, you guys get really butthurt when someone doesn't join the TO mancrush pride parade.

What is your fascination with inflicting pain in my donut hole?:ninja:

This isn't Pittsburgh buddy. We are not into the salad tossing rituals you partake in, in the Off Season.

Bmoreblitz
07-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Simply put a ploy by unpopular owner Mike Brown to put cheese coney filled behinds in seats and create a buzz to avoid last minute blackouts once again. I look forward to the mid season implosion.

burghman50
07-27-2010, 10:28 PM
he's had to deal with the eagles, cowboys, redskins and giants.

steeler fan displays his fear with every post.

I rest my case, TY

Bengal fan displays his doubt with every post.

SociopathicSteelerFan
07-27-2010, 10:29 PM
What is your fascination with inflicting pain in my donut hole?:ninja:

I didn't bring that up, why did you?:eek:

This isn't Pittsburgh buddy. We are not into the salad tossing rituals you partake in, in the Off Season.

This is the internets actually.

Steeler Eater
07-27-2010, 10:29 PM
So, if he's the #4 at best he won't see the field much, so who's going to catch those middle of the field routes?

Why do you need to go over the middle when there are two guys 30 yards down the field behind the DB's?

Asmith(DE)
07-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Simply put a ploy by unpopular owner Mike Brown to put cheese coney filled behinds in seats and create a buzz to avoid last minute blackouts once again. I look forward to the mid season implosion.

Quoted for truth and required a repost.

Steeler Eater

I didn't bring that up, why did you?:eek:

This is the internets actually.

Oh, but you did.

Nately120
I rest my case, TY

Sloppy is full of lots of stuff, but trust me DOUBT is not one of them.:tongue:

burghman50
07-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Carson is gong to have to take a pay cut so the bengals can afford the special helmets those two big heads are going to need.

SociopathicSteelerFan
07-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Why do you need to go over the middle when there are two guys 30 yards down the field behind the DB's?

Carson will be able to tell you the answer to that when he's on his back. The lack of actual football knowledge on display in this thread is amusing. You're like a bunch of special olympics kids who are all jazzed about the medals they just got. I find your anger of my lack of concern amusing though, amusing and telling.

gmdino
07-27-2010, 10:32 PM

Because you have a QB who can't throw it that far...or even accurately?:thumbsup:

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 10:32 PM
I rest my case, TY

those defenses have all been top five recently smarty pants.

SociopathicSteelerFan
07-27-2010, 10:33 PM
Oh, but you did.

So you saw that statement and inferred that I wanted to "punish your doughnut hole"? Take about seeing what you want to see.Mellow

6andcounting
07-27-2010, 10:33 PM
The Bungals signed TO right before tyraining camp becuase they are panicing for a #2 receiver. All reports are Byrant is having major struggles. Let's face it, the Bengals were forced to sign a 36 year old receiver that nobody wanted becuase their receiving core is in shambles. If the Bungals really wanted TO he would have been signed 6 monthes ago, but now they need him and had no choice but to sign him.

Looks like Bengals are going to really struggle without 3 good wide receivers....Don't you agree Sloppy?B)

Bmoreblitz
07-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Wow you would think they brought in Andre Johnson!:rolleyes:

Steeler Eater
Carson will be able to tell you the answer to that when he's on his back. The lack of actual football knowledge on display in this thread is amusing. You're like a bunch of special olympics kids who are all jazzed about the medals they just got. I find your anger of my lack of concern amusing though, amusing and telling.

It's funny how you can't take a joke or sarcasm.

You of all people should know "if you can take a ****, you can take a joke.":ninja:

sloppy lombardi slaps

actually bengal fan has been turning a new leaf on mike brown. we've been liking this new fangled free agency business.

And T.O. will definitely fill the seats

6andcounting
07-27-2010, 10:38 PM

Because you have a QB who can't throw it that far...or even accurately?:thumbsup:
Palmer will throw the ball 10 yards over the receivers over the middle and the ball will end up in the hands of the receivers who are 30+ yards down field!:thumbsup:

gmdino
07-27-2010, 10:38 PM

Amen.

Now I feel dirty for agreeing with you...:angry:

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 10:39 PM
ok. every steeler fan here needs to find me videos of wide receivers getting bumped by linebackers and staying on their feet to make the catch.

You should know that's a tall order.

I've got video of T.O. doing it last year.

SociopathicSteelerFan
07-27-2010, 10:39 PM
It's funny how you can't take a joke or sarcasm.

You of all people should know "if you can take a ****, you can take a joke.":ninja:

Yup, because I was taking this entire thing seriously until you said that.

6andcounting
07-27-2010, 10:40 PM
ok. every steeler fan here needs to find me videos of wide receivers getting bumped by linebackers and staying on their feet to make the catch.

Do you even know who Hines Ward is?

SociopathicSteelerFan
And T.O. will definitely fill the seats

He's apparently already filled yours.

Steeler Eater
Amen.
Now I feel dirty for being with you..:angry:

Say what!?!?!?!

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 10:41 PM
He's apparently already filled yours.

back when the bengals were looking at bryant & T.O., i would have **** myself if somebody told me we'd have both.

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 10:42 PM
Do you even know who Hines Ward is?

yep. and i've got video of him getting tossed 3 yards by brandon johnson on a bump.

now declare you give up and show me a video of him hitting rivers.

gmdino
07-27-2010, 10:43 PM

:rolleyes:

I posted a video of TO dropping passes while getting hit already.

A lot of receivers can take a hit...not many drop as man balls as your boy.
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/thread/23299903

Nine drops...while the entire team had 20!

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 10:45 PM

ok got my first scalp who's next?

Steeler Eater
07-27-2010, 10:47 PM

And yet he still managed to get over 1,000 catches almost 15,000 yards and just under 150 TD's. It's amazing isn't it.

gmdino
07-27-2010, 10:48 PM
ok got my first scalp who's next?

:what:

I post a video of TO dropping pass after pass (and complaining to the refs while he's at it) and you got a scalp?

You're more desperate than usual.

You must be afraid this is a desperation move.:rock on:

gmdino
07-27-2010, 10:49 PM
And yet he still managed to get over 1,000 catches almost 15,000 yards and just under 150 TD's. It's amazing isn't it.

Last season?:rolleyes:

burghman50
07-27-2010, 10:52 PM
those defenses have all been top five recently smarty pants.

2006 Dallas was 5th in passing. Impressive right?

Well lets see now.85 receptions for 1180 yards with 13 TD's

But the giants ranked 28th against the pass
The Eagles ranked 9th against the pass
The Redskins ranked 23 against the pass.

2007 Dallas was 4th in passing

81 receptions for 1385 15 TD

Giants ranked 11th against the pass
Eagles ranked 18th against the pass
redskins ranked 16th against the pass

Dallas 9th in passing
69 for 1052 10 TDs
Giants ranked 8th against the pass
Eagles ranked 3rd against the pass
Redskins ranked 7th against the pass

And notice the drop in his production when the other divisional rivals picked up the passing defense.

Again thank you for providing the proof

Oh and explain why the dallas defense hinders the performance of T.O. Does he play against his own D?

Man, your letting the doubt effect your thought process

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 10:55 PM
:what:

I post a video of TO dropping pass after pass (and complaining to the refs while he's at it) and you got a scalp?

You're more desperate than usual.

You must be afraid this is a desperation move.:rock on:

I don't care about drops. T.O. could never have the ball thrown to him and still make a huge impact. just wouldn't make him happy.

Virtually any wide receiver would end up on the ground after getting bumped by a linebacker, they're simply outweighed by 50 pounds usually.

Normally it's a tight ends who have to fight through that. T.O. can do it because he's special.

talk about mancrush BS cuz it's all you have, this is a hall of famer who can still play.

think about that.

burghman50
07-27-2010, 10:57 PM
I don't care about drops. T.O. could never have the ball thrown to him and still make a huge impact. just wouldn't make him happy.

Virtually any wide receiver would end up on the ground after getting bumped by a linebacker, they're simply outweighed by 50 pounds usually.

Normally it's a tight ends who have to fight through that. T.O. can do it because he's special.

talk about mancrush BS cuz it's all you have, this is a hall of famer who can still play.

think about that.

Sure hope Ocho reminds him to watch his chicklets. :lol:

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 10:57 PM
2006 Dallas was 5th in passing. Impressive right?

Well lets see now.85 receptions for 1180 yards with 13 TD's

But the giants ranked 28th against the pass
The Eagles ranked 9th against the pass
The Redskins ranked 23 against the pass.

2007 Dallas was 4th in passing

81 receptions for 1385 15 TD

Giants ranked 11th against the pass
Eagles ranked 18th against the pass
redskins ranked 16th against the pass

Dallas 9th in passing
69 for 1052 10 TDs
Giants ranked 8th against the pass
Eagles ranked 3rd against the pass
Redskins ranked 7th against the pass

And notice the drop in his production when the other divisional rivals picked up the passing defense.

Again thank you for providing the proof

Oh and explain why the dallas defense hinders the performance of T.O. Does he play against his own D?

Man, your letting the doubt effect your thought process

jesus christ how can you care this much??

he faced 3 top 5 defenses in 2008, 6 times. all his division rivals defenses were top 5. he still had 1000 yards. and he's our #3 wide receiver.

i just dont understand the hate.

SociopathicSteelerFan
07-27-2010, 10:59 PM
jesus christ how can you care this much??

When you ask this question it becomes comedy the likes of which the world has never seen.

Steely_J
07-27-2010, 11:00 PM

:rotf:

Steeler Eater
07-27-2010, 11:01 PM
:rotf:

Is that your I just got poked in the butt and it tickles smilie again?

burghman50
07-27-2010, 11:01 PM
When you ask this question it becomes comedy the likes of which the world has never seen.

I am a noob here, but translated isn't he saying crap, I have been had? Not sure.

Steeler Eater
07-27-2010, 11:03 PM

He's always dropped balls and is a lock for the HOF.

Steely_J
07-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Is that your I just got poked in the butt and it tickles smilie again?

Just tryin to take you guys seriously... :lol:

Steeler Eater
07-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Just tryin to take you guys seriously... :lol:

I'm glad we are on the same wave length then.

Message Boards are of the utmost seriouznezz's of buzinezz'z.

Food for thought.

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 11:09 PM

lol you won't answer my last post.

Steely_J
07-27-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm glad we are on the same wave length then.

Message Boards are of the utmost seriouznezz's of buzinezz'z.

Food for thought.

I think its cute how you guys... every year mind you... get so giddy and start talking super bowl before training camp even starts. You think you'd learn by now. B)

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 11:10 PM
I think its cute how you guys... every year mind you... get so giddy and start talking super bowl before training camp even starts. You think you'd learn by now. B)

what kind of americans would that make us?

Nately120
07-27-2010, 11:11 PM

I think the Bengals are going to possibly going to end their playoff victory drought. What of it?

BmorePat87
07-27-2010, 11:13 PM
I think the Bengals are going to possibly going to end their playoff victory drought. What of it?

Not until the Bengals get rid of TO. That's what ended the Cowboy's drought.

Steeler Eater
07-27-2010, 11:14 PM

This totally relates.

http://www.lafferty.ca/files/stuff/images/cats/sammich.jpg

Nately120
07-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Not until the Bengals get rid of TO. That's what ended the Cowboy's drought.

That's funny, I was under the impression TO had nothing to do with the Bengals from 1990-2009 but if he is really what kept the Bengals from winning then I guess it's a shame they signed him.

BmorePat87
07-27-2010, 11:16 PM
That's funny, I was under the impression TO had nothing to do with the Bengals from 1990-2009 but if he is really what kept the Bengals from winning then I guess it's a shame they signed him.

No, just in 2010 when they fail again.

Steely_J
07-27-2010, 11:17 PM
what kind of americans would that make us?

Smart ones. :thumbsup:

Nately120
07-27-2010, 11:21 PM
No, just in 2010 when they fail again.

It's possible, but I don't see why you are so sure that increasing the passing attack with a team that is doing well running the ball and playing defense will lead to failure. I'm not saying the Bengals are going to win it all, and frankly, given their schedule they may very well miss the playoffs if they hit a bad streak. Still, none of this makes me long for a TO-free roster, it's just unrelated.

The Bengals have everything they had last year (minus Chris Henry), plus a TE who hopefully pans out, a healthy Odom, and a proven #2 WR in TO. I don't see how this predicts certain failure (nor do I see how this predicts certain success, but I realize this is a message board so rational arguments don't hold much sway).

BmorePat87
07-27-2010, 11:24 PM
It's possible, but I don't see why you are so sure that increasing the passing attack with a team that is doing well running the ball and playing defense will lead to failure. I'm not saying the Bengals are going to win it all, and frankly, given their schedule they may very well miss the playoffs if they hit a bad streak. Still, none of this makes me long for a TO-free roster, it's just unrelated.

The Bengals have everything they had last year (minus Chris Henry), plus a TE who hopefully pans out, a healthy Odom, and a proven #2 WR in TO. I don't see how this predicts certain failure (nor do I see how this predicts certain success, but I realize this is a message board so rational arguments don't hold much sway).

You're slow.

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 11:28 PM
can i get a non-bengal fan to just say "ok you signed a good player" without any bs?

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 11:30 PM
Smart ones. :thumbsup:

sounds like canadians. no thanks.

BmorePat87
can i get a non-bengal fan to just say "ok you signed a good player" without any bs?

Can i get a bengals fan to just say "ok we signed a diva who will never be a team player" without any bs?

burghman50

Who you trying to convince?

Nately120
07-27-2010, 11:31 PM
You're slow.

Then refute what I'm saying with something other than an overly simplified, overarching single sentence. Or do you think TO is what ruined the Bills' season last year, too?

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Can i get a bengals fan to just say "ok we signed a diva who will never be a team player" without any bs?

never? he was a team player last year.

but yeah i'll admit he's been a headcase.

Nately120

There are more than a few Bengal fans who aren't thrilled about singing TO, actually.

sloppy lombardi slaps
Who you trying to convince?

non bengal fans. like i said.

Nately120
07-27-2010, 11:35 PM

I live in Steeler country and two of my pals admitted that hoping TO destroys the locker room is sour grapes for worrying about the Steelers' corners and Bengals improvement after sweeping them last year, no less.

BmorePat87
07-27-2010, 11:37 PM
Then refute what I'm saying with something other than an overly simplified, overarching single sentence. Or do you think TO is what ruined the Bills' season last year, too?

You said you believed the Bengals are going to end their playoff drought so I bring up the Cowboys inability to end their playoff drought even with TO until they dumped him. So I jokingly say the Bengals won't be able to end theirs until next year when they have a chance to dump TO. You then start rambling on about how TO had nothing to do with the last 20 years, which is obvious and I would never start to say he did nor did I imply he did. At that point I suggested he is going to be a reason the Bengals fail once more at winning a playoff game this season.

You're just too slow to keep up with a joke and instead try to rationalize it.

Steely_J
07-27-2010, 11:37 PM
sounds like canadians. no thanks.

You think Canadians are smarter than Americans? I bet you are all for their health plan there... you dirty lib.

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 11:38 PM
I live in Steeler country and two of my pals admitted that hoping TO destroys the locker room is sour grapes for worrying about the Steelers' corners and Bengals improvement after sweeping them last year, no less.

they are bigger men than those in present company.

Steely_J
07-27-2010, 11:38 PM

Sign a good player who isn't bs first. :lol:

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 11:39 PM
You think Canadians are smarter than Americans? I bet you are all for their health plan there... you dirty lib.

lol they act like it.

americans don't give up on the home team.

BmorePat87
07-27-2010, 11:40 PM
never? he was a team player last year.

but yeah i'll admit he's been a headcase.

He'd have to be on an actual team to be considered a team player. Any group of players that has to play in Canada once a year to keep a fan base loses the right to be called a team.

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 11:43 PM
He'd have to be on an actual team to be considered a team player. Any group of players that has to play in Canada once a year to keep a fan base loses the right to be called a team.

ok. buffolo bills ain't no team. got it.

how's that secondary of yours holding up by the way?

tough circumstance, that.

Luvnit2
07-27-2010, 11:43 PM
The Bungals signed TO right before tyraining camp becuase they are panicing for a #2 receiver. All reports are Byrant is having major struggles. Let's face it, the Bengals were forced to sign a 36 year old receiver that nobody wanted becuase their receiving core is in shambles. If the Bungals really wanted TO he would have been signed 6 monthes ago, but now they need him and had no choice but to sign him.

Looks like Bengals are going to really struggle without 3 good wide receivers....Don't you agree Sloppy?B)
Hey numbnuts, how about looking at most recent news on Bryant. No PUP and he is practicing on Thursday. Lewis also said Bryant's knee is fine.

What do you read anyway to get all of your bad info?

burghman50
07-27-2010, 11:44 PM

Going to be a tough sale, we are not blinded by hope and desperation such as yourself.

I have a friend who is a huge bengals fan. I reminded him of when Ocho, Housh and Chris Henry were all there and he was bragging up and down about how awesome it was. I asked him, yeah, how did that turn out for you. He simply said, you know I really hate you, to which I responded, reality bites don't it. :lol:

Nately120
07-27-2010, 11:46 PM
You said you believed the Bengals are going to end their playoff drought so I bring up the Cowboys inability to end their playoff drought even with TO until they dumped him. So I jokingly say the Bengals won't be able to end theirs until next year when they have a chance to dump TO. You then start rambling on about how TO had nothing to do with the last 20 years, which is obvious and I would never start to say he did nor did I imply he did. At that point I suggested he is going to be a reason the Bengals fail once more at winning a playoff game this season.

You're just too slow to keep up with a joke and instead try to rationalize it.

Oh, I didn't know you were joking. Try being funny/clever next time.

cinc4ever1
07-27-2010, 11:47 PM

Not true at all.AB will be ready to go in TC.And they also liked what they saw out of him in the slot.

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Sign a good player who isn't bs first. :lol:

why would we do that?

BmorePat87
07-27-2010, 11:48 PM
ok. buffolo bills ain't no team. got it.

how's that secondary of yours holding up by the way?

tough circumstance, that.

Yea, looking like we're going to have to rely on our offense to take us to the playoffs for the third year in a row.

Luvnit2
07-27-2010, 11:50 PM
Now you want to talk last season.

Bengal beat Steelers and Ravens twice since you mentioned it and all.

BmorePat87
07-27-2010, 11:51 PM
Oh, I didn't know you were joking. Try being funny/clever next time.

Try picking only one terrible football team to be a fan of.

robert
07-27-2010, 11:51 PM
Going to be a tough sale, we are not blinded by hope and desperation such as yourself.

I have a friend who is a huge bengals fan. I reminded him of when Ocho, Housh and Chris Henry were all there and he was bragging up and down about how awesome it was. I asked him, yeah, how did that turn out for you. He simply said, you know I really hate you, to which I responded, reality bites don't it. :lol:

Well you should have responded .. yeah but they didnt have the #4 defensive unit that this team does. This D not only stops teams they score points..

burghman50
07-27-2010, 11:52 PM
you know i just got a picture of this sloppy character sitting at his desk with his walls painted black and orange with his nifty alienware computer, decked out in black and orange, wearing an authentic bengals helmet, hammering away on his keyboard.

BmorePat87
07-27-2010, 11:53 PM
you know i just got a picture of this sloppy character sitting at his desk with his walls painted black and orange with his nifty alienware computer, decked out in black and orange, wearing an authentic bengals helmet, hammering away on his keyboard.

he's actually dressed up as Master Chief with his rap on a loop.

Steely_J
why would we do that?

Why do you so desperately need our validation? :lol:

Nately120
Try picking only one terrible football team to be a fan of.

Good idea. I love the Saints and the Colts so kiss my arse you non-Super Bowl team lover! LOSER! How does it feel to NOT make the Super Bowl last year? I wouldn't know because I like BOTH teams that made it, so you'll have to let me know.

Hey, this is fun!

burghman50
07-27-2010, 11:54 PM
Well you should have responded .. yeah but they didnt have the #4 defensive unit that this team does. This D not only stops teams they score points..

You need to change that to past tense, you have no idea how the defense is going to play this year, if the last 5 games of last season are any indication, the Bengals may be in for a long season.

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-27-2010, 11:54 PM

you two must come from the gummo part of ohio.

what happened when the bengals had those three is plamer led the league in touchdowns but they couldn't stop anybody. now they have a top five defense.

and your hate is stronger than anybody's hope.

BmorePat87
07-27-2010, 11:55 PM
Good idea. I love the Saints and the Colts so kiss my arse you non-Super Bowl team lover! LOSER! How does it feel to NOT make the Super Bowl last year? I wouldn't know because I like BOTH teams that made it, so you'll have to let me know.

Hey, this is fun!

And I'm sure you're both a Yankees fan and a Phillies fan. Root for the Celtics and Lakers too?

burghman50
07-27-2010, 11:56 PM
you two must come from the gummo part of ohio.

what happened when the bengals had those three is plamer led the league in touchdowns but they couldn't stop anybody. now they have a top five defense.

and your hate is stronger than anybody's hope.

Hate? I don't hate anybody, I just look at things realistically, oh and by the way I never lived in Ohio.

Nately120
07-27-2010, 11:58 PM
And I'm sure you're both a Yankees fan and a Phillies fan. Root for the Celtics and Lakers too?

Actually I like the Cubs and the Celtics, so yes and no. I don't think it's possible to like the Celtics and the Lakers at the same time.

BmorePat87
07-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Actually I like the Cubs and the Celtics, so yes and no. I don't think it's possible to like the Celtics and the Lakers at the same time.

Fan of Holland and Spain, too?

sloppy lombardi slaps
Why do you so desperately need our validation? :lol:

i just need to why you'd stop signing the type of players the bengals have been signing, knowing that they beat you twice.

yall keep saying the word desperate, but it's excitement. best bengals team i've ever seen.

Nately120
Fan of Holland and Spain, too?

Nope, I have to root for Italia, even when they are old and smelly like they were this time.

Nately120
07-28-2010, 12:03 AM
And be nice to me, I root for your stank arse Ravens twice a year when they play the Steelers!:tongue:

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-28-2010, 12:04 AM
Hate? I don't hate anybody, I just look at things realistically, oh and by the way I never lived in Ohio.

what's your realistic prediction for T.O.?

harping on him going from 15 TDs to 10 is silly, or hate, whichever. both are great.

BmorePat87
07-28-2010, 12:05 AM
Nope, I have to root for Italia, even when they are old and smelly like they were this time.

You remind me of my step brother. He went from being a Cowboys fan in '95 to a Broncos fan in '97 and '98 to a Ravens fan in 2000.

What ever happened to having a favorite team and not cheering for a quarter of the league?

Armoredcar
07-28-2010, 12:05 AM

Sorta like 31 other teams didn't make an offer for Ced. And we all know that hasn't gone well...Mellow

burghman50
07-28-2010, 12:06 AM
what's your realistic prediction for T.O.?

harping on him going from 15 TDs to 10 is silly, or hate, whichever. both are great.

going from 15 to 10 is not silly or hate, it is looking at the other three teams in the division; all finished in the top 10 against the pass. That is called reality, try it some time, it really isn't that scary.
As far as my prediction for him goes, no clue, if I could make predictions, I would not be sitting here, I would be out spending some of that money. Based on the fact that he is 36 and is now in a division known for punishing defenses, well we will see.

6andcounting
07-28-2010, 12:08 AM
Hey numbnuts, how about looking at most recent news on Bryant. No PUP and he is practicing on Thursday. Lewis also said Bryant's knee is fine.

What do you read anyway to get all of your bad info?
http://www.kffl.com/player/551/nfl

BmorePat87
07-28-2010, 12:09 AM
Sorta like 31 other teams didn't make an offer for Ced. And we all know that hasn't gone well...Mellow

It went well for the 6 teams that actually won playoff games :ninja:

6andcounting
07-28-2010, 12:09 AM
It went well for the Saints.

I guess you have never talked to an Eagles or Cowboy fan.

Nately120
07-28-2010, 12:10 AM
You remind me of my step brother. He went from being a Cowboys fan in '95 to a Broncos fan in '97 and '98 to a Ravens fan in 2000.

What ever happened to having a favorite team and not cheering for a quarter of the league?

Seriously though, I'm the one joking now. I have liked the Bengals, Bears, Cubs and Celtics for decades. Most of that is pretty sad, so I'm quite unlike your step brother.

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-28-2010, 12:18 AM
going from 15 to 10 is not silly or hate, it is looking at the other three teams in the division; all finished in the top 10 against the pass. That is called reality, try it some time, it really isn't that scary.
As far as my prediction for him goes, no clue, if I could make predictions, I would not be sitting here, I would be out spending some of that money. Based on the fact that he is 36 and is now in a division known for punishing defenses, well we will see.

15 is incredible, 10 is great. talking about the difference is just hate.

BmorePat87
07-28-2010, 12:21 AM
Seriously though, I'm the one joking now.

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/w/why_so_serious_cat-12947.jpg

i like jokes.

Steely_J
07-28-2010, 12:25 AM
i like jokes.

Me too. The one that TO is pulling on Cincy right now is hilarious!

Steely_J
07-28-2010, 12:28 AM
i just need to why you'd stop signing the type of players the bengals have been signing, knowing that they beat you twice.

yall keep saying the word desperate, but it's excitement. best bengals team i've ever seen.

When was the last time the Steelers were big free agent hunters? Duce Staley? Maybe?

Best Bengals team you've ever seen? You saw them play already?

Chop Block
07-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Scared is the right name for this thread..i see Pit and Bal so scared that they will be trying to take out our best players..like 05 remember that..:angry: the bullseye will be on Carson..:joe:

GreggyDigital
07-28-2010, 10:56 AM
Scared is the right name for this thread..i see Pit and Bal so scared that they will be trying to take out our best players..like 05 remember that..:angry: the bullseye will be on Carson..:joe:

If Carson Palmer is your best player, you'll be lucky to be 500 this year.

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-28-2010, 11:03 AM
If Carson Palmer is your best player, you'll be lucky to be 500 this year.

cmon you don't believe that.

GreggyDigital
07-28-2010, 11:07 AM
cmon you don't believe that.

I don't believe he is the Bengals best player.

I've said for years it's Robin.

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-28-2010, 11:18 AM

robin didn't exactly make fitzpatrick look like palmer.

Steeler Eater
07-28-2010, 11:29 AM

Getting excited about the Dynamic Duo are we Greggy?

GreggyDigital
07-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Getting excited about the Dynamic Duo are we Greggy?

Oh, just thrilled.

GreggyDigital
07-28-2010, 11:59 AM
robin didn't exactly make fitzpatrick look like palmer.

I think he gave up because he knew that team wasn't going to win.

whodeycincay
07-28-2010, 12:16 PM

tell that to cleveland

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-28-2010, 12:18 PM
I think he gave up because he knew that team wasn't going to win.

chad doesn't give up. he can't talk trash if he does.

revis called randy moss a slouch, and chad a competitor.

GreggyDigital
07-28-2010, 12:37 PM
chad doesn't give up. he can't talk trash if he does.

revis called randy moss a slouch, and chad a competitor.

Chad runs his mouth about anything even if he can't back it up.

LeBron to NY?

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Chad runs his mouth about anything even if he can't back it up.

LeBron to NY?

who didn't think lebron would go to new york? they told him he'd make a billion dollars there.

turns out liberal taxes are motherhumper.

BengalsAtOSU
07-28-2010, 12:43 PM
All I know is, my popcorn is indeed ready. Win or lose, it's going to be an entertaining-as-hell season.

It'd be nice to win a playoff game, though. :lol:

GreggyDigital
07-28-2010, 12:47 PM
who didn't think lebron would go to new york? they told him he'd make a billion dollars there.

turns out liberal taxes are motherhumper.

I honestly thought he'd be back in Cleveland until I heard Bosh wouldn't go.

Mrs Digital cried when he announced and sobbed, "Cleveland will never win anything."

I actually felt bad for about 5 seconds because she was right.

BengalsAtOSU
07-28-2010, 12:48 PM
I honestly thought he'd be back in Cleveland until I heard Bosh wouldn't go.

Mrs Digital cried when he announced and sobbed, "Cleveland will never win anything."

I actually felt bad for about 5 seconds because she was right.

My roommates are both Cavs fans - they're completely devastated. I talked about going to Florida for spring break and was nearly killed on the spot.

I can't even hate Cleveland anymore.

GreggyDigital
07-28-2010, 12:50 PM
My roommates are both Cavs fans - they're completely devastated. I talked about going to Florida for spring break and was nearly killed on the spot.

I can't even hate Cleveland anymore.

She went to OSU so at least she has that.

Everyone once in a while they win a Bowl Championship game.

BengalsAtOSU
07-28-2010, 01:02 PM
She went to OSU so at least she has that.

Everyone once in a while they win a Bowl Championship game.

Every once in a while. You know, when we get to a BCS game that's not a national championship.

Another national title would be nice this year though. If we get there, I'm taking out a student loan and going. :lol:

GreggyDigital
07-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Every once in a while. You know, when we get to a BCS game that's not a national championship.

For someone who cheer for Cleveland sports, it is.

shanniefly
07-28-2010, 02:16 PM

I can't believe you took time out of your day to write something that stupid and idiotic.

Go back to your cave Troll!

Pretty sure you just took the award with this gem you just posted!

One thing about smack...you don't discredit a persons post by only saying it is stupid and idiotic then calling that person a troll...

You might want to break it down and put down hard fact that will prove how he could be wrong...

robert
07-28-2010, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=You guys already have a fragile team chemistry. Now you've added just about every malcontent from the old Cowboys squad that had to be blown up. Yes, TO will make a big show of being buddy buddy and light hearted at first, just like he did with McNabb. If things go poorly this facade will disappear. The potential for disaster is far greater than the upside IMO.
.[/QUOTE]

SSF thanks for the analysis, but I see more of a scared "wishing it goes to crap" typical Steeler trash talk.

Steeler fans , first need to worry about their own. TO can go inside, and he can go deep, He is 6'-3" and has the skill set ( thank god his knees/legs are not hurt)

Has anyone been a point gard in Basketball, I was and know how important your supporting cast is to move around and get open.... After Slim last season that was the case in Cincinatti.

Bottom line is ANYTHING can happen but the potential for something good outweighs the potential of something bad. We all know this and Steeler fans can cry (foul) all they want.

Bottom line... Shutup and let the men play ball!

I have trust in Marvin,Brat, and Zim.. they know how to deal and control these players, They have also been part of Superbowl coaching staffs and know how to get there. ( seems like the only Divas that are here are the Steeler/Raven fans running around like Chicken little)

NO Doubt that it will be a hard season and nothing is given..... but we do have a few more pieces... staying healthy..while getting into the playoffs has been the trick.... The Coaches have to be pleased but they do understand ( there is a lot of WORK to do!)

SociopathicSteelerFan
07-28-2010, 04:37 PM
SSF thanks for the analysis, but I see more of a scared "wishing it goes to crap" typical Steeler trash talk.

Steeler fans , first need to worry about their own. TO can go inside, and he can go deep, He is 6'-3" and has the skill set ( thank god his knees/legs are not hurt)

I'm not any more worried about your team now than I was before the singing, I thought I made that clear. I then presented my reasons for thinking that way and how this could possibly not work out. It is funny to see you say you see fear when all I see from Bengals fans is blind euphoria. It's also interesting that not a single person has even attempted to answer the question I posed. If TO was such a huge game changer, why did he have zero suitors at a comparatively low asking price of $4 mill? Why did he have to settle for you guys with a low ball offer of $2 mill? When you answer that question you'll answer he threads question.

Lastly, why would we discuss the Steelers in a thread about you guys singing TO? Make some sense man!

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-28-2010, 04:45 PM
I'm not any more worried about your team now than I was before the singing, I thought I made that clear. I then presented my reasons for thinking that way and how this could possibly not work out. It is funny to see you say you see fear when all I see from Bengals fans is blind euphoria. It's also interesting that not a single person has even attempted to answer the question I posed. If TO was such a huge game changer, why did he have zero suitors at a comparatively low asking price of $4 mill? Why did he have to settle for you guys with a low ball offer of $2 mill? When you answer that question you'll answer he threads question.

Lastly, why would we discuss the Steelers in a thread about you guys singing TO? Make some sense man!

there were 5 teams interested.

and yeah, only presenting reasons for why it wouldn't work out shows that you are wishing it goes to crap.

browns town bengal
07-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Carson is gong to have to take a pay cut so the bengals can afford the special helmets those two big heads are going to need.

sick burn dude! Maybe it sounded better in your head before your fingers put it to the screen

gmdino
07-28-2010, 04:47 PM

and yeah, only presenting reasons for why it wouldn't work out shows that you are wishing it goes to crap.

And only one made an offer. That means something...you just are afraid to admit it.:rock on:

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-28-2010, 04:51 PM
And only one made an offer. That means something...you just are afraid to admit it.:rock on:

what does it mean?

SociopathicSteelerFan
07-28-2010, 05:00 PM

Proof please, we all know you like to lie and make things up to try and prove your arguments.

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-28-2010, 05:12 PM
Proof please, we all know you like to lie and make things up to try and prove your arguments.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/28/with-to-under-contract-the-names-of-the-other-interested-teams-emerge/

robert
07-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Only one made an offer.....

Our coaches have a history of taking troubled players and giving them a second chance, They also have demonstrated that they can handle cameras (distractions) (2 family deaths). It's what they do for a living, Again , I will let Marvin, Brat, and Zim take care of those details.

gmdino
07-28-2010, 06:01 PM

Our coaches have a history of taking troubled players and giving them a second chance, They also have demonstrated that they can handle cameras (distractions) (2 family deaths). It's what they do for a living, Again , I will let Marvin, Brat, and Zim take care of those details.

...and a history of failing to have back-to-back winning seasons and losing in the playoffs.

robert
07-28-2010, 06:36 PM
...and a history of failing to have back-to-back winning seasons and losing in the playoffs.

I still say , i will trust the coaches, It's their job to get them there. It is very rare when someone can get you there overnight, it usually takes time to build a team able to win a superbowl. Lets just say those were years of gained experience for the coaches and players.

Listen Chicken little can cry "the sky is falling" all day long.. The game is easy to understand.... this is a good team, it's up to the coaches to pull the greatness out of it. one thing though... they are a "TEAM" so deal with it and enjoy the season.

bodeezy
07-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Pretty sure you just took the award with this gem you just posted!

One thing about smack...you don't discredit a persons post by only saying it is stupid and idiotic then calling that person a troll...

You might want to break it down and put down hard fact that will prove how he could be wrong...

Violence may not be the answer, but it's a great way to start reducing the number of stupid posts.

SociopathicSteelerFan
07-28-2010, 08:10 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/28/with-to-under-contract-the-names-of-the-other-interested-teams-emerge/

PFT is the TMZ of the NFL. ( That sentence needed more acronyms)

This.

SociopathicSteelerFan
07-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Violence may not be the answer, but it's a great way to start reducing the number of stupid posts.

You could go a long way towards obtaining that goal by never posting again.:thumbsup:

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-28-2010, 08:16 PM

This.

so what's your claim? too old? too crazy? washed up?

already proven your facts wrong, let me prove your opinions wrong too.

SociopathicSteelerFan
07-28-2010, 08:18 PM
so what's your claim? too old? too crazy? washed up?

Already stated can't be bothered to read troll.

already proven your facts wrong, let me prove your opinions wrong too.

Except you didn't, but I suppose in the fantasy land you live in anythings possible, like Matt Jones catching 50+ passes this year.

baltimorebirdgirl87
07-28-2010, 08:20 PM
I am actually really excited about it. I cant wait to see Chad, T.O. and Carson on the sideline screaming and cursing each other out. Should be entertaining.

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Already stated can't be bothered to read troll.

you said a bunch of nonsense and then called him a malcontent.

you're basically saying the same thing as all the other clones, which is you hope he's a cancer.

i love it, shows you're scared.

Except you didn't, but I suppose in the fantasy land you live in anythings possible, like Matt Jones catching 50+ passes this year.

i proved you wrong when you said he won't go over the middle, i proved you wrong when you said nobody else was interested.

burghman50
07-28-2010, 08:58 PM
you know who should be scared, Ocho. This is his last year under contract, Carson may prefer T.O. over him. Hey maybe Ocho can go to the bills, play a year, then go to Dallas and then Phillie, and finish out his career in SF. LOL now that would be funny.

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-28-2010, 09:00 PM
you know who should be scared, Ocho. This is his last year under contract, Carson may prefer T.O. over him. Hey maybe Ocho can go to the bills, play a year, then go to Dallas and then Phillie, and finish out his career in SF. LOL now that would be funny.

ocho is signed through 2011.

gmdino
07-28-2010, 09:52 PM
what does it mean?

That for all your bravado you're just whistling past the cemetery.

You have one good thing and two horrible things that can happen now:

1) The Bengals play to the level of the talent they think they have and finally get over the hump (wining a playoff game if you want to keep the hump low)

OR

1) TO implodes and/or ruins the locker room chemistry and the Bengals go down in flames.

2) TO plays well but the Bengals STILL do not win a playoff game. And you have to start looking uncomfortably and you man crush Palmer as the reason.

So you keep puffing out your chest and try not to look to concerned.

gmdino
07-28-2010, 09:53 PM

Ochocinco or Ochouno? LOL!

And you guys say Steelers fans are ghey!

The Bat
07-28-2010, 09:58 PM

***** A. I would have been on this ASAP but have not been on the boards due to an unfortunate chain saw juggling incident. But please keep that on the DL FYEO.

Over and out.

SociopathicSteelerFan
07-28-2010, 09:59 PM
you said a bunch of nonsense and then called him a malcontent.

He is a malcontent. Later you try and use one video of proof that he'll go over the middle. Everyone knows this guy has been a cancer o three separate teams. In sloppy world 3<1.

you're basically saying the same thing as all the other clones, which is you hope he's a cancer.

I didn't say that, I explained why this move is not quite the earth shaking maneuver that you and your fellow sheep make it out to be.

i love it, shows you're scared.

So scured.

i proved you wrong when you said he won't go over the middle, i proved you wrong when you said nobody else was interested.

One video does not a trend make. No one else even made him an offer and you have no proof of any interest beyond a football gossip site. In short you are, as usual, completely full of crap.

Captain Obvious
07-28-2010, 10:02 PM

Bengals fear the playoffs, that's why when they actually do make it that far, they lose their first game and get the heck out of there.

theCincinnatiKid23
07-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Bengals fear the playoffs, that's why when they actually do make it that far, they lose their first game and get the heck out of there.

wow. did you come up with all by yourself or did your 5 year old help you?

Captain Obvious
07-28-2010, 10:08 PM

I for one would like to make it known that I do NOT have any worries about the Steelers facing TO. If he was as great as you Bengals make him out to be, he wouldn't have been on as many different team as he has been. The other teams would've been making sure they signed him to a long term contract. And be honest Bengals fans, if he would've signed with the Steelers or Ravens or Browns, you all would be saying he's a cancer to the team and he's over-rated.

Captain Obvious
07-28-2010, 10:09 PM
wow. did you come up with all by yourself or did your 5 year old help you?

No, I got that one with the help of the pathetic Bengals playoff record. :D

Beaker
07-28-2010, 10:16 PM
the pathetic Bengals playoff record.

The new "six rings".

robert
07-28-2010, 10:22 PM
I for one would like to make it known that I do NOT have any worries about the Steelers facing TO. If he was as great as you Bengals make him out to be, he wouldn't have been on as many different team as he has been. The other teams would've been making sure they signed him to a long term contract. And be honest Bengals fans, if he would've signed with the Steelers or Ravens or Browns, you all would be saying he's a cancer to the team and he's over-rated.

I see your point, but not all of us think he is a cancer. Hey lets face it we all make mistakes growing up... TO at 36 is still young when it comes to the regular world.

Last year 2009: not a problem for the team
Ryan Fitzpatrick Praised him and told Carson.. "you need to get this guy on your team"

Not all teams can handle the extra drama that they have had to deal with, and they are a stronger team "in character" for have gone through all of that and at the same time made steps to improve.

I think this team has grown up enough to handle an " implosion. "

That does not worry me.with that said "THERE IS WORK TO BE DONE!"

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-28-2010, 10:37 PM
He is a malcontent. Later you try and use one video of proof that he'll go over the middle. Everyone knows this guy has been a cancer o three separate teams. In sloppy world 3<1.

I didn't say that, I explained why this move is not quite the earth shaking maneuver that you and your fellow sheep make it out to be.

So scured.

One video does not a trend make. No one else even made him an offer and you have no proof of any interest beyond a football gossip site. In short you are, as usual, completely full of crap.

that video was 2009. as in what he did last year. it showed him going over the middle several times.

you're simply wrong.

so how good do you think he'll be? you tried to say some stupid crap about how we already have guys like him, that's completely false, but even if true how in the hell is it a problem? more deep threats the better.

palmer had 5 passes of 40 yards last year. owens caught 5 himself.

devils advocate
07-28-2010, 11:03 PM
You's guy's know TO brings it!!

His numbers dont lie even if he has dropped a pass or two:ninja:. His presence alone should open the bengals offense up. Its gonna create a situation where neither the steelers or ravens will have a chance at finishing with a top ten defense, at least against the run because nobody is gonna to be able to help with run support. All the DBs on the field will be focusing on the bengals receivers allowing Ced five yards per, sealing those defenses fate, considering the teams play twice per year.

TO can make catches over the middle but who's gonna need him to? there are 3 capable TE's on this team and a two scrappy RB's that one of them will accept this task! even if its reggie kelly, but we all know gresham is gonna beast!! Shipley is a possibilty too!

TO came to Cincy so he can smash the $#!* outta baltimore and pittsburgh and celebrate a TD making fun of rex ryan by throwin him a turkey bone on TG night.

Is there a chance TO goes all diva? yeah but there's also a chance that he goes for 4 - 60 -2 every game. Considering he was humbled from last year all the way up to yesterday/today, it doesnt really matter why he took a pay cut, which teams were interested or not. The fact is they are all gonna wish they took him by the time evrythings said and done!

Great 1st post though, SSF:thumbsup:

Armoredcar
07-29-2010, 12:12 AM
And you guys say Steelers fans are ghey!

No no no no no....we say you're a bunch of imbred hicks who beat your wives.

Romans_10:9-10
07-29-2010, 12:17 AM
Dallas fan here - posted my thoughts on another thread in the Jungle Noise forum-

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=68198

Overall, I didn't think he was that shabby in Dallas, at least not nearly as much as the media both national and local tried to make it out to be. If anything, Jerry cutted him probably to avoid all the PR nonsense, and that was that.

Wade Phillps said nice things about TO after he was cut, and I don't recall Garrett expressing any kind of frustrating over TO, despite the media saying how TO was giving him headaches.

Do I like TO? No-but again, he was made the scapegoat for just about everything. I mean yeah, we ended up finishing strong for the first time for a long time last year without him, and won a playoff game, but we DID get smacked by the Vikings(who are overrated, IMHO) to end our season.

The goal is to win a SUPER BOWL, NOT go out with gloating rights over merely winning playoff games. You play to win, PERIOD. I'm not sure if my team is equipped to win Super Bowls and go deep in the playoffs.

SociopathicSteelerFan
07-29-2010, 12:57 AM
that video was 2009. as in what he did last year. it showed him going over the middle several times.

you're simply wrong.

Again, he's not comfortable doing it nor is he particularly good at it. You claim otherwise, the rest of the NFL laughs at you.

so how good do you think he'll be? you tried to say some stupid crap about how we already have guys like him, that's completely false, but even if true how in the hell is it a problem? more deep threats the better.

You say some dumb things, this ranks amongst the dumbest. You going to have 3 WR's run go routes every down? You do already have two receivers just like Owens, anyone with a brain knows this. Again, I think this is an indication that you guys made a mistake with Bryant and they know it. TO doesn't add anything that Bryant didn't, except a penchant for team sabotage.

palmer had 5 passes of 40 yards last year. owens caught 5 himself.

Fascinating, so either Palmer can't throw the deep ball anymore or CJ blows as a deep threat. Which is it genius? I love that you painted yourself into a corner, a corner that you'll likely get out of by saying something incredibly stupid and unrelated to the topic at hand no doubt.

burghman50
07-29-2010, 06:31 AM

Ummm Thats what I said, ie the last year of his contract. God, you better take a pic of T.O. and head to the little boys room, your need to get your head back on straight.

Blitzberg06
07-29-2010, 07:05 AM

No. Looks good on Paper for now that is all. If anything I'm excited cause that makes you guys that much better (Well should) and it makes the division that more hard to win.

Beaker
07-29-2010, 08:11 AM
God, you better take a pic of T.O. and head to the little boys room, your need to get your head back on straight.

So you take pics of men into the bathroom with you to "get your head on straight"?

burghman50
07-29-2010, 08:25 AM
So you take pics of men into the bathroom with you to "get your head on straight"?

Do you? Must be a bengal fans thing

Beaker
07-29-2010, 08:29 AM
Must be a bengal fans thing

Pointing out steeler fan gheyness IS a Bengals fan thing.

The Bat
07-29-2010, 08:30 AM
Do you? Must be a bengal fans thing

Welcome back Steelman59. Though you could at least attempt to make it less obvious. B)

burghman50
07-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Welcome back Steelman59. Though you could at least attempt to make it less obvious. B)

I have already addressed this issue and I will tell you the same thing I told the other member, I have no idea who this board member is.

Beaker
07-29-2010, 09:16 AM

Funny how the ones we smack off the boards are the ones who have to keep coming back for more abuse.

The Bat
07-29-2010, 09:25 AM
I have already addressed this issue and I will tell you the same thing I told the other member, I have no idea who this board member is.

Well alrighty then... if you say so then it must be true right?

burghman50
07-29-2010, 09:50 AM
Well alrighty then... if you say so then it must be true right?

Do you know who you are?

The Bat
07-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Do you know who you are?

Yep

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd117/batink/Smack/Fly-in-the-Ointment--29834.jpg

sloppy lombardi slaps
07-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Again, he's not comfortable doing it nor is he particularly good at it. You claim otherwise, the rest of the NFL laughs at you.

You say some dumb things, this ranks amongst the dumbest. You going to have 3 WR's run go routes every down? You do already have two receivers just like Owens, anyone with a brain knows this. Again, I think this is an indication that you guys made a mistake with Bryant and they know it. TO doesn't add anything that Bryant didn't, except a penchant for team sabotage.

Fascinating, so either Palmer can't throw the deep ball anymore or CJ blows as a deep threat. Which is it genius? I love that you painted yourself into a corner, a corner that you'll likely get out of by saying something incredibly stupid and unrelated to the topic at hand no doubt.

He's incredible at it, as i've already shown. How many wide receivers can take a shot like that and keep running to make the catch?

Not every down jack-***, but having 3 guys who are all legit to go deep puts a hell of a lot of pressure on the defense. You would appreciate that if you understood the game on half the level you claim.

I'll use an analogy that you'll understand. When an offense is facing a very good 3-4 defense, they worry about which of the linebackers are blitzing, because they can all do it well.

You have to have multiple deep threats to consistently complete long passes. Palmer's 5 are broken up between chad and chris henry, when henry died, chad got more doubles.

A defense can bottle up one deep threat ok, but two is very difficult. Three would be a nightmare.

this is way more than i normally respond to you with because you quote every. sentence. i. write. so please, you need not go nuts.

burghman50
07-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Funny how the ones we smack off the boards are the ones who have to keep coming back for more abuse.

don't see how any of you could have "smacked anybody off the boards", your much to childish to be taken seriously.

Beaker
07-29-2010, 02:34 PM
don't see how any of you could have "smacked anybody of the boards", your much to childish to be taken seriously.

So smack should be a serious affair?

xela- whodey
07-29-2010, 02:35 PM
don't see how any of you could have "smacked anybody of the boards", your much to childish to be taken seriously.

A lot of the people of the boards get smacked..

burghman50
07-29-2010, 02:38 PM
So smack should be a serious affair?
Not at all, thus my point.

burghman50
07-29-2010, 02:39 PM
A lot of the people of the boards get smacked..

Oops typo. Are you serious?

xela- whodey
07-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Oops typo. Are you serious?

Are you Steelman59?

Beaker
07-29-2010, 02:43 PM
Not at all, thus my point.

Go to the section of the boards titled "Beaker's graveyard" there you will find the lengthy list of the dearly departed. Some take smack wayyyyy to seriously. B)

burghman50
07-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Are you Steelman59?

Who the hell was this guy? You are the 3rd to ask that same question and I will tell you the same thing, I have no idea who the hell you are talking about.

Beaker
07-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Who the hell was this guy? You are the 3rd to ask that same question and I will tell you the same thing, I have no idea who the hell you are talking about.

Are you steelman59?

burghman50
07-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Are you steelman59?

LMAO are you a steeler fan?

Beaker
07-29-2010, 02:47 PM

Nope...I have all my teef.

Bmoreblitz
07-29-2010, 02:48 PM