PDA

View Full Version : You guys may think I'm crazy...

FanStuckInIndy
01-08-2011, 05:12 AM
and though I can't blame you if you do not hold your breath, I think we will see a lot more change over the off-season before its all over with.

The problem is that so much of what is talked about is based on perception.

I could be wrong, but I think something has finally 'gave' in the organization as we know it.

My feeling is that there will be a significant amount of change in accountability relative to poor performance. I think that is what Marvin has been wanting to work toward, but in some measure his hands have always been tied.

I believe that part is finally going to get significantly better - certainly since the time Marvin first took over as HC (and maybe over a matter of decades).

I've always maintained, that even though so much of this seems obvious to us as fans, there is just too much that we do not know - this is a very privately run organization, and some things are just not exactly the way they may seem to the casual on-looker.

It leaves too much room for speculation.

If you ask me, there has been a gradual, but positive shift in the organizational philosophy especially over the last number of recent seasons - I just think they waited just a wee bit too long to finally pull out all the rest of the stops.

Even though this team still does it differently than the rest of the league (and it's still basically working to the same model - in many ways - as it was in the late 1960's), I believe they may just begin to finally have some success in it as they may have finally hit the right balance of power and influence in an organization where there is no GM independent of the owner. That can be an advantage, as long as the proper balance is maintained. I believe Marvin sees that, and I believe he is ready to finally see that work in his favor - the way he always envisioned it should.

Can't blame a single one of you if you do not buy into what I am saying here, because I really do believe Mike Brown was right, when he said that winning is the only thing that will convince fans of anything at this point. He is right, and I believe he has finally turned over to those more capable, the elements of control that he needs to, to compete consistently in the NFL.

Watch for signs of a new era emerging!

(JMHO)
FanStuckInIndy

nepa
01-08-2011, 05:38 AM
and though I can't blame you if you do not hold your breath, I think we will see a lot more change over the off-season before its all over with.

The problem is that so much of what is talked about is based on perception.

I could be wrong, but I think something has finally 'gave' in the organization as we know it.

My feeling is that there will be a significant amount of change in accountability relative to poor performance. I think that is what Marvin has been wanting to work toward, but in some measure his hands have always been tied.

I believe that part is finally going to get significantly better - certainly since the time Marvin first took over as HC (and maybe over a matter of decades).

I've always maintained, that even though so much of this seems obvious to us as fans, there is just too much that we do not know - this is a very privately run organization, and some things are just not exactly the way they may seem to the casual on-looker.

It leaves too much room for speculation.

If you ask me, there has been a gradual, but positive shift in the organizational philosophy especially over the last number of recent seasons - I just think they waited just a wee bit too long to finally pull out all the rest of the stops.

Even though this team still does it differently than the rest of the league (and it's still basically working to the same model - in many ways - as it was in the late 1960's), I believe they may just begin to finally have some success in it as they may have finally hit the right balance of power and influence in an organization where there is no GM independent of the owner. That can be an advantage, as long as the proper balance is maintained. I believe Marvin sees that, and I believe he is ready to finally see that work in his favor - the way he always envisioned it should.

Can't blame a single one of you if you do not buy into what I am saying here, because I really do believe Mike Brown was right, when he said that winning is the only thing that will convince fans of anything at this point. He is right, and I believe he has finally turned over to those more capable, the elements of control that he needs to, to compete consistently in the NFL.

Watch for signs of a new era emerging!

(JMHO)
FanStuckInIndy

Do you have any evidence whatsoever for this "gradual, but positive shift in the organizational philosophy" or it is just speculation? Or any evidence of a shift to a "significant amount of change in accountability relative to poor performance."

With respect to this latter assertion, before the season started, I said that with all the talent this team has, that Lewis would be held accountable for the team's record in 2010 and it did not turn out that way. So I am not sure how high accountability is held in this organization.

Storer50
01-08-2011, 05:39 AM
It's when you hear this same crap for 20 years about wanting to win, and not taking steps to do it. We, as a fan base, don't trust what Mike Brown says.

bradfritz21
01-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Unless a CBA gets done relatively soon, no changes will be made because Mike Brown won't pay a dime to anyone if there's a chance that it might be wasted money if there's no season next year.

Slappy from New Haven
01-08-2011, 11:51 AM
My feeling is that there will be a significant amount of change in accountability relative to poor performance.

Instant fail, Where;s Marvins accountability for poor performance?