PDA

View Full Version : What to do at QB??

jsr18
01-10-2011, 03:18 PM
:tiger: IMHO, I believe we have seen the last of Carson Palmer in stripes (his own choosing).

What do we do at QB? Take Ryan Mallet at #4? Go after a vet in FA? Maybe both??

Without Carson and Cedric Benson, I fear that next year the offense might even be worse than what we just went through....

Thoughts?

Millz
01-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Marvin has already stated that Carson is his guy for next year, so as of now, Carson will be our starting QB next season. If anything, we need to sign a quality backup though for him, and say goodbye to Jordan. I just don't see any QB in the draft worth taking number 4 overall to be the future, but I also wouldn't be against taking one in the 2nd or 3rd round as a backup as well, with a good shot of possibly being a starter one day.

And if Benson doesn't come back, no worries, we will be just fine without him.

Synric
01-10-2011, 03:23 PM
:tiger: IMHO, I believe we have seen the last of Carson Palmer in stripes (his own choosing).

Without Carson and Cedric Benson, I fear that next year the offense might even be worse than what we just went through....

Thoughts?

Did I miss the memo saying Carson isn't a Bengal anymore?

We have 4 years to draft or sign a new quarterback to replace Carson.

djam
01-10-2011, 03:24 PM
I cant see Carson retiring personally

PaPaZeus
01-10-2011, 03:24 PM

Thoughts?

My first thought is that Carson doesn't have a choice. He's under contract. Who in their right mind would "choose" to turn down $11.5mil to play football?

However, I do think this draft or next, its time to start grooming a potential replacement. But a mid rounder, not 1st round. Fortunately, we have a legitamate, quality starter in Palmer. He may or may not be what he once was. But the fact is he's a better QB than what 1/2 the teams in the league have.

#9 will be back this year, No Doubt About It!

fredtoast
01-10-2011, 03:34 PM
. I also wouldn't be against taking one in the 2nd or 3rd round as a backup as well, .

However, I do think this draft or next, its time to start grooming a potential replacement. But a mid rounder, not 1st round.

I like Lefavour as well as any QB coming out in the mid rounds this year.

And we have lots of other holes that need filling worse than back up QB.

zwueb
01-10-2011, 03:42 PM

Thoughts?

I believe Marvin said Carson is the QB next year(He has lied before though.). Right now I really don't see a vet good enough. Mcnabb will probably be a the best bet but he would not be an upgrade.

Ryan Mallett is going to bust. His throwing motion is to long and slow. He is also about as smart as a rock.

Right I don't think there is any other option besides Carson in less we trade for somebody.

CINwillWIN
01-10-2011, 03:48 PM

I do too. He will be a very quality back-up behind Carson. :thumbsup:

BengalRugby
01-10-2011, 04:19 PM
The Bengals do nothing.

If they decide to do anything, I'd hope they'd sign a vet back up to help Carson see things the defense is doing. Having a rookie behind him does nothing for the team.

fredtoast
01-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Ryan Mallett is going to bust. His throwing motion is to long and slow. He is also about as smart as a rock.

He can't handle any heat in the pocket either.

Mike M (the other one)
01-10-2011, 04:32 PM
My first thought is that Carson doesn't have a choice. He's under contract. Who in their right mind would "choose" to turn down $11.5mil to play football?

However, I do think this draft or next, its time to start grooming a potential replacement. But a mid rounder, not 1st round. Fortunately, we have a legitamate, quality starter in Palmer. He may or may not be what he once was. But the fact is he's a better QB than what 1/2 the teams in the league have.

#9 will be back this year, No Doubt About It!

Ever heard of Barry Sanders?
Stuck on a team going nowhere that wouldn't trade him or release him from his contract?

pat5775
01-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Keep Carson

Get rid of T.O. and possibly Chad

Use the recievers we have now and maybe draft another one who will consistently run the correct routes and be in the correct spot.

Fire Bratkowski

QB problems solved

Bryan
01-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Mcnabb will probably be a the best bet but he would not be an upgrade.
Ok, I rarely go against CP9, but McNabb is a proven winner in the playoffs and went to 4 straight NFC Championships. To say he won't be an upgrade is pure bogus. I didn't say I want McNabb because I don't but learn the truth. Let me guess you probably think he's bad because he got benched for Grossman? Wrong. He and Kyle Shanahan(Head Coach's son) got into a disagreement about the playbooks so daddy came to the rescue and benched Donovan.

fredtoast
01-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Stuck on a team going nowhere that wouldn't trade him or release him from his contract?

Barry Sanders is one of my all time favorite players, but that was stupid move on his part.

The Lions had made the playoffs 5 of the 7 years prior to his retirement after the '98 season, and they made the playoffs again the next year after he left. So he was actually playing on a decent team. And then he ended up having to pay back a large portion of his signing bonus.

djam
01-10-2011, 04:54 PM
I believe Marvin said Carson is the QB next year(He has lied before though.). Right now I really don't see a vet good enough. Mcnabb will probably be a the best bet but he would not be an upgrade.

Right I don't think there is any other option besides Carson in less we trade for somebody.

Mallet is a system QB just like Brohm was....he'll bust

fredtoast
01-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Let me guess you probably think he's bad because he got benched for Grossman?.

No, I think he is bad because his production was horrible this year. He only completed 58% of his passes and threw more ints than tds.

McNabb looks like he is finished.

Bryan
01-10-2011, 05:00 PM
No, I think he is bad because his production was horrible this year. He only completed 58% of his passes and threw more ints than tds.

McNabb looks like he is finished.
McNabb's numbers were the product of being on a team who's only real receiver is Chris Cooley. That being said his numbers no doubt should have been better but he had no help his O-Line was awful the running game was inconsistant and like I said his only real receiving threat was Cooley.

pat5775
01-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Ok, I rarely go against CP9, but McNabb is a proven winner in the playoffs and went to 4 straight NFC Championships. To say he won't be an upgrade is pure bogus. I didn't say I want McNabb because I don't but learn the truth. Let me guess you probably think he's bad because he got benched for Grossman? Wrong. He and Kyle Shanahan(Head Coach's son) got into a disagreement about the playbooks so daddy came to the rescue and benched Donovan.

You do realize that football is a team sport, right? It amazes me how many people don't seem to realize this. So McNabb has played the majority of his career with the Eagles, and Carson has spent his entire career with the Bengals. The Eagles were a great team all around for much of McNabb's tenure, and the for most of Carson's career the Bengals have been... the Bengals. Whether it be a horrid defense, bad coaching, or a bad front office, Carson has never had the stability McNabb has had in Philly. One man is not 100% responsible for the success of a team (and vice versa). McNabb did not single-handedly lead his team to 4 straight NFC Championship games, he had a lot of help on well-coached, highly talented teams. You think if McNabb played on the Bengals for the past 10 years he'd have taken this team to 4 AFC Championship games? Not likely.

fredtoast
01-10-2011, 05:08 PM
McNabb's numbers were the product of being on a team who's only real receiver is Chris Cooley. That being said his numbers no doubt should have been better but he had no help his O-Line was awful the running game was inconsistant and like I said his only real receiving threat was Cooley.

He got outplayed by REX GROSSMAN who was throwing to the same receivers.

I think that is a sure sign that he is finished.

jfkbengals
01-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Are you sure you didn't mean Fred Davis?

Millz
01-10-2011, 05:39 PM

Oh I want to keep Lefavour as a backup. And if Jordan stays, I hope he(Jordan) goes back to the number 3 spot then. I just wouldn't mind getting a QB in the mid-rounds that has tons of upside that can replace Jordan and possibly has potential to be a starter someday. But only if we can't sign a credible backup as a free-agent, since we don't have one. And yes, backup QB is the least of their worries, so I agree there.

OSUfan
01-10-2011, 05:43 PM

Thoughts?

Go ahead and write it down now. Carson will be the QB for the Bengals in 2012. Not sure what makes you think otherwise. His choices are limited seeing as he is under contract. His choice would be retirement and I do not see him deciding that.

Without Benson we will be fine. I actually look forward to Bernard Scott finally getting the chance to show he is a feature back in the NFL. He has better vision and is more explosive.

MRMEYERS
01-10-2011, 05:46 PM

Thoughts?

you do nothing, anything other then a franchise QB is a wasted pick, Jordan is better then any late round pick, and LeFavour is as good as anything else your going to get plus he has had a year under his belt of nfl practice time

bradfritz21
01-10-2011, 05:53 PM
This season, Carson looked horrible for most of the season, but look at the games before the end of the year and realize how often he tried to force the ball to Chad and T.O., partly because they'd ***** if he didn't and partly because Bratkowski's horrible and had them as the main targets on most plays. That, along with the fact that we didn't establish the run, receivers running the wrong routes, T.O. not going after hard catches and running a lot of wrong routes, and you have a system designed for Carson to fail.

Stop handicapping Palmer with bad play calling and diva receivers, and you'll see him return to form to lead this team to wins.

henrizzle
01-10-2011, 06:04 PM
McNabb had great players all around him in Philly, that's why the TEAM was so successful. It definitely wasn't all Donovan. It sure didn't hurt that Andy Reid was his coach either. He went to Washington and crashed and burned. It's a team sport

The Scales
01-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Blaine Gabbert can throw the 20 yard out with authority.

B)

ryanp43207
01-10-2011, 09:16 PM

Thoughts?

that's my dream come true.
hopefully he'll beg to be traded.

JungleJuice
01-10-2011, 11:15 PM
The Bengals do nothing.

If they decide to do anything, I'd hope they'd sign a vet back up to help Carson see things the defense is doing. Having a rookie behind him does nothing for the team.

End Thread/

dadz
01-10-2011, 11:48 PM
I think McNabb is an upgrade at this point. Did anyone see Carson's last pass against the Ravens, yikes!

HachiGo
01-11-2011, 12:41 AM
I think McNabb is an upgrade at this point. Did anyone see Carson's last pass against the Ravens, yikes!

Did you miss the Chargers game? That game alone was better than McNabbs last 2 seasons.

devils advocate
01-11-2011, 12:49 AM

Carson played pretty well in that game despite that last pass and the two picks.

contrascout
01-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Who cares. Carson could have a record setting year and the Bengals would still go 4-12........wait.......I think that already happened. We need coaching, scouting, and more coaching.........good luck getting it.

pat5775
01-11-2011, 01:56 AM

Um... Watch that play again, a Ravens defender hit Carson's arm as he released the ball

WhoDeyLeisure
01-11-2011, 02:23 AM
:tiger: imho, i believe we have seen the last of carson palmer in stripes (his own choosing).

what do we do at qb? Take ryan mallet at #4? Go after a vet in fa? Maybe both??

Without carson and cedric benson, i fear that next year the offense might even be worse than what we just went through....

Thoughts?

huh?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

qb7boomer
01-11-2011, 02:52 AM
Blaine Gabbert can throw the 20 yard out with authority.

not interested until he shows he can run REAL quick(quick like a barefooted lady would run if they saw Rex Ryan coming) and lift two kit bags full of dirty towels and jocks more than 4 times,. also if he is smart thats just a cherry on the top of a qb cake(not real essential though).

if he can do those things then were parting ways with our 4th overall pick.

Billgrus
01-11-2011, 07:14 AM
Keep Carson Palmer. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't realize how good he really is. Why do you think Housh has been reminiscing about his days as a Bengal after being subjected to the Joe Flacco experience? I dare say that it's not because he misses Brat's play calling...

Norm
01-11-2011, 08:30 AM
We're stuck with Palmer for at least another year.

So the best thing to do is find a QUALITY backup. Then, we need some coaches that have the "brass" to tell Carson that he will have to EARN his starting spot every single year at training camp.

JungleJuice
01-11-2011, 08:44 AM

LOL did you watch McNabb play at all this year?

Our fans are delusional and live in the past.

Guy has been falling off the cliff the last 3 years.
He finally got pushed off by Grossman.

He actually made Carson look accurate this year.

bengalfan247
01-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Go ahead and write it down now. Carson will be the QB for the Bengals in 2012. Not sure what makes you think otherwise. His choices are limited seeing as he is under contract. His choice would be retirement and I do not see him deciding that.

Without Benson we will be fine. I actually look forward to Bernard Scott finally getting the chance to show he is a feature back in the NFL. He has better vision and is more explosive.

While we are writing stuff down. Will YOU put your signature on a check made out to Bengalfan247 in the amount of $100...if he doesn't?

fredtoast
01-11-2011, 11:29 AM
While we are writing stuff down. Will YOU put your signature on a check made out to Bengalfan247 in the amount of $100...if he doesn't?

No, but I offered a sig bet.

If Carson is on the Bengals roster (or IR) next season then your signature for a month is "Fredtoast is smarter than me"

If he is not then my sig will say "bengalfan247 is smarter than me"

Deal?

bengal_prideforlife
01-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Ok, I rarely go against CP9, but McNabb is a proven winner in the playoffs and went to 4 straight NFC Championships. To say he won't be an upgrade is pure bogus. I didn't say I want McNabb because I don't but learn the truth. Let me guess you probably think he's bad because he got benched for Grossman? Wrong. He and Kyle Shanahan(Head Coach's son) got into a disagreement about the playbooks so daddy came to the rescue and benched Donovan.Maybe you don't realize how stupid this sounds....it isn't high school!

He was benched because the team was playing horribly....

<_<

bengalfan247
01-11-2011, 01:37 PM
No, but I offered a sig bet.

If Carson is on the Bengals roster (or IR) next season then your signature for a month is "Fredtoast is smarter than me"

If he is not then my sig will say "bengalfan247 is smarter than me"

Deal?

Deal!

Not much of a gambler are you?

Fan_in_Kettering
01-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Carson Palmer is not the problem and I hope he will be a Bengal for his entire career. What to do at quarterback? Easy: Give Carson receivers like Jerome Simpson who run perfect timing routes so Carson just has to put the ball where it needs to go.

fredtoast
01-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Deal!

Not much of a gambler are you?

Not on things that I can't control. I am smarter than that.

OSUfan
01-11-2011, 02:37 PM

Sure will and in return he can put his signature on one to OSUfan for the same amount if he is wrong. I mean if he is that certain about it.

bengalfan247
01-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Not on things that I can't control. I am smarter than that.

Earth to fred! Gambling is about things that you can't control. However, you can put the odds more in your favor.

You seem pretty confident that CP is going to be in Cincy next year. But not confident to put a REAL bet on it. I'm equally confident that he won't be in Cincy (except maybe as a visitor...Bengals do play the 49ers next year) and I'm willing to bet on it. I believe the odds are in my favor on this one.

Mattro Bus
01-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Um... Watch that play again, a Ravens defender hit Carson's arm as he released the ball

I have the game on tape. After further review you are correct, not Carson's fault

fredtoast
01-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Earth to fred! Gambling is about things that you can't control.

Then I am not a gambler.

I will make a bet on something I know that I can do, but not on something that I can not control.

And you really have no clue at all if Carson will leave or not, so your confidence is misplaced. The entire city of Las Vegas was built with the money of people like you who were pretty confident that they were right.

bengalfan247
01-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Sure will and in return he can put his signature on one to OSUfan for the same amount if he is wrong. I mean if he is that certain about it.

Its a deal!! Is there a way we can get a form of escrow on this?

I have one "regular" poster here that can vouch for me and the $100. I can PM that person's handle to you. I don't want to share that with the board. Do you have someone ( a regular) that can vouch for your $100? You can PM me if you like.

I see that you are a OSU fan, and they have a rep for breaking the rules recently and are also repeat offenders from the not too distant past. So I hope you understand. :tongue:

bengalfan247
01-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Then I am not a gambler.

I will make a bet on something I know that I can do, but not on something that I can not control.

And you really have no clue at all if Carson will leave or not, so your confidence is misplaced. The entire city of Las Vegas was built with the money of people like you who were pretty confident that they were right.

we will see about that.

pat5775
01-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Then I am not a gambler.

Careful, this guy claims he either knows Carson or someone close to Carson, and so-and-so said Carson hates playing in Cincinnati, says that Carson will demand a trade, yada yada yada... you know how it goes :rolleyes:

bengalfan247
01-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Careful, this guy claims he either knows Carson or someone close to Carson, and so-and-so said Carson hates playing in Cincinnati, says that Carson will demand a trade, yada yada yada... you know how it goes :rolleyes:

I never claimed to know Carson or anyone close. My claim was knowing people inside the organization.

Mike M (the other one)
01-11-2011, 03:46 PM
I never claimed to know Carson or anyone close. My claim was knowing people inside the organization.

Hmm I could see some organizations him going to, but SF doesn't have a high enough first round pick for us to replace a Franchise QB with. Although they are one of the organizations that is very close to being a contender with a good QB.

And Mikey doesn't like high draft picks either, how ever we have to wait for the CBA to finish because if there is a rookie salary cap in place, then those top picks will have some premium value.

Oh yea forgot, MB is one of the worst people to demand a trade from.

Also unless there is a hidden stipulation in CP's contract, it just isn't going to happen. Not only that, Mikey is already going to have a hard time selling tickets because he is keeping the coaching staff intact (so far) and if they started getting rid/trade/cut of their best players it isn't exactly going to go over well with the fanbase.

fredtoast
01-11-2011, 03:48 PM
we will see about that.

Uh, I know. That is why we made the bet.

So tell me about all the other bets you have won with your valuable inside information.

bludgeon
01-11-2011, 04:39 PM
sc-rew McNabb. Let's sign JaMarcus Russell!

jsr18
01-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Hmm I could see some organizations him going to, but SF doesn't have a high enough first round pick for us to replace a Franchise QB with. Although they are one of the organizations that is very close to being a contender with a good QB.

And Mikey doesn't like high draft picks either, how ever we have to wait for the CBA to finish because if there is a rookie salary cap in place, then those top picks will have some premium value.

Also unless there is a hidden stipulation in CP's contract, it just isn't going to happen. Not only that, Mikey is already going to have a hard time selling tickets because he is keeping the coaching staff intact (so far) and if they started getting rid/trade/cut of their best players it isn't exactly going to go over well with the fanbase.

:tiger: There doesn't have to be any hidden stipulation---and you forgot 2 items...

...he can hold-out or he can retire...

I'm betting on one of those 2.......

Hint: Why do you think CP refused comment on the ML re-signing???

Mike M (the other one)
01-11-2011, 05:03 PM
:tiger: There doesn't have to be any hidden stipulation---and you forgot 2 items...

...he can hold-out or he can retire...

I'm betting on one of those 2.......

I didn't forget either of those two things, The argument is that he will play for SF next year not Cincinnati.
If he retires MB will probably be first in line to start getting his signing bonus money back and he can't play for another team until his current contract has expired.

If he holds out, he won't get paid.

Either way, MB has the upper hand and CP can not play for SF with out MB's approval.

That's why I said unless there is some type of hidden stipulation in the contract like Nnamdi's then he's bound to be a Bengal.

fredtoast
01-11-2011, 05:08 PM

Hint: If it made him so mad that he would leave the team then I think he would have said something about it. If he is leaving the team what does he have to lose by making a comment?

jsr18
01-11-2011, 05:10 PM
I didn't forget either of those two things, The argument is that he will play for SF next year not Cincinnati.
If he retires MB will probably be first in line to start getting his signing bonus money back and he can't play for another team until his current contract has expired.

If he holds out, he won't get paid.

Either way, MB has the upper hand and CP can not play

:tiger: I thought the argument was he won't play in Cincinnati next year. Either way, he won't be in stripes.

Everything else you say is true. I have a strong feeling that alot of Bengal fans are going to be shocked, appalled and damn near speechless when they realize how fed up with this organization CP really is---and the biggest one is going to be MB....

Don't you think that CP has enough money to retire comfortably???

fredtoast
01-11-2011, 05:12 PM
:tiger: I thought the argument was he won't play in Cincinnati next year. Either way, he won't be in stripes.

Everything else you say is true. I have a strong feeling that alot of Bengal fans are going to be shocked, appalled and damn near speechless when they realize how fed up with this organization CP really is---and the biggest one is going to be MB....

Then why isn't he saying anything about it?

You think he is so mad that he is going to leave the team, but at the same time is afraid to say anything about it?

Don't you realize that that makes no sense at all?

Mike M (the other one)
01-11-2011, 05:19 PM

I can understand why he'd retire and that's he's fed up with the organization. He's not even been here as long as many of the fans here have been and we are fed up with being the laughingstock of the NFL and the ineptness of this organization.

That's why I said this on page 1:

jsr18
01-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Then why isn't he saying anything about it?

You think he is so mad that he is going to leave the team, but at the same time is afraid to say anything about it?

Don't you realize that that makes no sense at all?

:tiger: He will Fred, he's got some personal things to take care of first.

CP is not TO or Chad, he's not going to do this in the media. He'll do it like the class act that he is---quietly.

Abspara
01-11-2011, 05:39 PM

Who knows? Maybe he does, or maybe he's up to his eyeballs in debt. Maybe he made some bad investments the past two years and lost a ton in the stock market?

With the lifestyle some of these football players live and his relative age, it would not surprise me one bit he might need more money.

Carson's not going anywhere until his contract is over, at least. Besides, for his on field accomplisments, he is being paid VERY WELL. He's got to be thrilled about that regardless of the state of the team.

jsr18
01-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Who knows? Maybe he does, or maybe he's up to his eyeballs in debt. Maybe he made some bad investments the past two years and lost a ton in the stock market?

With the lifestyle some of these football players live and his relative age, it would not surprise me one bit he might need more money.

Carson's not going anywhere until his contract is over, at least. Besides, for his on field accomplisments, he is being paid VERY WELL. He's got to be thrilled about that regardless of the state of the team.

:tiger: You could very well be right, but I doubt it...

JungleJuice
01-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Its a deal!! Is there a way we can get a form of escrow on this?

I have one "regular" poster here that can vouch for me and the $100. I can PM that person's handle to you. I don't want to share that with the board. Do you have someone ( a regular) that can vouch for your $100? You can PM me if you like.

I see that you are a OSU fan, and they have a rep for breaking the rules recently and are also repeat offenders from the not too distant past. So I hope you understand. :tongue:

The best thing is that your account will become inactive if you lose this bet.

Seriously betting money with people on a message board that you don't know will have no good outcome.
So why would anyone want to do this.
Is the fact that you are willing to put 100$ make believe on this supposed to prove how correct you are?

P.S Stupid.

fredtoast
01-11-2011, 05:47 PM
He'll do it like the class act that he is---quietly.

Defaulting on a contract you sign is never a "class act" thing to do.

Crybaby fans can leave whenever they want, but when a team agrees to pay you over $100 million dollars you are obligated to fullfill that contract.

JungleJuice
01-11-2011, 05:50 PM
:tiger: You could very well be right, but I doubt it...

The fact that you believe a guy a will walk away from a ridiculously rich contract because he didn't offer a quote on the re-hire shows me a lot.

Crazy talk.

I think like 4 guys commented on it.

So I guess 49 guys are gonna leave also?

Give me a break.

Dude didn't want to talk to the media because he just finished his worst season as a Pro Qb w/ls

I don't see anything weird about that at all.

fastcash
01-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Palmer now has yound talented guys that will do it his way. If anything he is sick of Chad. He will be back. The Bengals know they are close to being real good, he would have to retire. He is not the kind of player to not do what ever it takes to win here.

jsr18
01-11-2011, 06:03 PM

Crybaby fans can leave whenever they want, but when a team agrees to pay you over $100 million dollars you are obligated to fullfill that contract.

The fact that you believe a guy a will walk away from a ridiculously rich contract because he didn't offer a quote on the re-hire shows me a lot.

Crazy talk.

I think like 4 guys commented on it.

So I guess 49 guys are gonna leave also?

Give me a break.

Dude didn't want to talk to the media because he just finished his worst season as a Pro Qb w/ls

I don't see anything weird about that at all.

:tiger: OK.....

bengalfan247
01-11-2011, 07:45 PM

I didn't say that he was going to SF. They are just an example of a team that Cincy is playing next year. Although, they are pretty high on the list.

bengalfan247
01-11-2011, 07:49 PM

But they can cut you any time they like? Door swings both ways and that is why the contract is made. There are always options.

PaPaZeus
01-12-2011, 11:28 AM
This is such a crazy argument.

247 or jsr ... Can you give me an example of a QB who has retired as prematurely and inexplicably as B. Sanders? Or even one who held out over a contract dispute? And not some shlep. I mean a legit QB who has some credentials in his career. I can't think of one...

You have to consider that fundamentally QB's have a different mindset than most other players. Successful QB's from high school on typically accept the blame and defer the glory. They have such an intense competitive drive to win and succeed that they invest far more than any other player on the team. QB's rarely just walk away. They play until their arm falls off or they can hardly walk or someone tells them they can't any longer. If you don't agree with this basic reality, I question your football acumen.

Carson will play wherever/whenever he is given the opportunity. Marvin said Carson is his QB. Unless they trade (difficult given his salary and recent production) or cut him (would never happen due to the garuantees in NFL contracts) you have to realize he'll come back.

I don't want your money and i don't want you in my sig. But really, common sense HAS to prevail here...

Not to mention, even as disgruntled fans, there are VERY few options available that give us any reason for immediate hope other than him. Granted that's arguable as well, but i hope you see my point.

fredtoast
01-12-2011, 11:36 AM
But they can cut you any time they like? Door swings both ways and that is why the contract is made. There are always options.

Actually "No", the door does not swing both ways with NFL contracts. Players get huge bonuses up front that are guaranteed even if they never take a snap, and in return owners get the right to cancel the rest of the contract at any time (unless more money is specifically "guaranteed")

Carson is obligated to either finish his contract or give back his signing bouns, but even then he would not be able to play for another team until the expiration of his voided contract with the bengals.

The Barry Sanders situation was a once in history deal. Not really the strongest example on which to base your argument.

Norm
01-12-2011, 11:46 AM

247 or jsr ... Can you give me an example of a QB who has retired as prematurely and inexplicably as B. Sanders? Or even one who held out over a contract dispute? And not some shlep. I mean a legit QB who has some credentials in his career. I can't think of one....

Jake Plummer

Supreme1
01-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Mallet is a system QB just like Brohm was....he'll bust
When Mallet is lighting it up dont be surprised because this guy will be far from a bust. We are sticking with Carson but if we didnt I would take Mallet with the 4th pick.

Bengalsnati85
01-12-2011, 01:16 PM

I know someone inside the organization too, and it seemed to me week in and week out, the coaches seemed to think that Carson was the biggest problem on the team. I for one, would not be surprised if Carson is traded to another team......and don't you be either!

PaPaZeus
01-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Jake Plummer

Thanks!

So lets compare the two situations.... well, there's the ... hmm ...

Ya know contrasting the situations would be a lot easier and lead one to a pretty conclusive reality that Carson won't make the same decision.

eliminate08
01-12-2011, 01:18 PM

Thoughts?

Carson will be here.

Coach up Lefeavour and bring in a mid round draft pick to compete.

umkubas
01-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Draft Jake Locker (University of Washington) with pick 4 in the 2011 National Football League draft.

Carson Palmer will be around for a few years - sucking up his large contract, given only from his place in the 2003 draft and not because he has lead the Cincinnati Bengals to a) wins in the regular season and b) wins in the post season which he has not accomplished.

The posts that advocate any other player are misguided. The quarterback position is the most important position on a National Football League roster and at present, the Cincinnati Bengals lack in all respects a player that can excell at that position.

I have previously advocated drafting Jimmy Clausen at pick 21 in the 2010 National Football League draft.

As posted in another thread "Statistics do not matter - Championships do"

Bengal Dude
01-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Draft Jake Locker (University of Washington) with pick 4 in the 2011 National Football League draft.

Carson Palmer will be around for a few years - sucking up his large contract, given only from his place in the 2003 draft and not because he has lead the Cincinnati Bengals to a) wins in the regular season and b) wins in the post season which he has not accomplished.

The posts that advocate any other player are misguided. The quarterback position is the most important position on a National Football League roster and at present, the Cincinnati Bengals lack in all respects a player that can excell at that position.

I have previously advocated drafting Jimmy Clausen at pick 21 in the 2010 National Football League draft.

That would be such a stupid pick at #4.

JungleJuice
01-12-2011, 03:33 PM

How many wins did Clausen have?

LOL at picking a 3rd round talent at best at the #4.
STOP POSTING THIS in every thread plz

pat5775
01-12-2011, 04:20 PM
I know someone inside the organization too, and it seemed to me week in and week out, the coaches seemed to think that Carson was the biggest problem on the team. I for one, would not be surprised if Carson is traded to another team......and don't you be either!

Well if that's true (I doubt it is), then our coaches are even more stupid than I thought (and that is saying A LOT)

kevin
01-12-2011, 04:53 PM

Thoughts? I hope we DO have Carson...and Benson.....but if we don't have Carson then we need to draft top pick # 1 on a QB.....and if we don't have Benson we need to CONSIDER top pick # 1 on a RB.....and if we don't have Carson or Benson we need to go QB at top pick # 1 and CONSIDER RB at top pick # 2, even if we don't fill our other needs....have to have a QB and a RB.

jsr18
01-12-2011, 07:14 PM

247 or jsr ... Can you give me an example of a QB who has retired as prematurely and inexplicably as B. Sanders? Or even one who held out over a contract dispute? And not some shlep. I mean a legit QB who has some credentials in his career. I can't think of one...

You have to consider that fundamentally QB's have a different mindset than most other players. Successful QB's from high school on typically accept the blame and defer the glory. They have such an intense competitive drive to win and succeed that they invest far more than any other player on the team. QB's rarely just walk away. They play until their arm falls off or they can hardly walk or someone tells them they can't any longer. If you don't agree with this basic reality, I question your football acumen.

Carson will play wherever/whenever he is given the opportunity. Marvin said Carson is his QB. Unless they trade (difficult given his salary and recent production) or cut him (would never happen due to the garuantees in NFL contracts) you have to realize he'll come back.

I don't want your money and i don't want you in my sig. But really, common sense HAS to prevail here...

Not to mention, even as disgruntled fans, there are VERY few options available that give us any reason for immediate hope other than him. Granted that's arguable as well, but i hope you see my point.

:tiger: You make some very good and valid points.

However, I just bought my popcorn and favorite adult beverage. Now it's time to sit back and watch the "the off-season show"....

jsr18
01-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Carson will be here.

Coach up Lefeavour and bring in a mid round draft pick to compete.

:tiger: Eliminate, I wouldn't be so sure.....

devils advocate
01-12-2011, 09:04 PM
:tiger: Eliminate, I wouldn't be so sure.....

I dont know what to think.

Marvin and/or Mike said big changes were comin.

If that doesnt include the coaches ( as rumors suggest ), then only the players are left. No other person on this team can be described as "big" except Carson. Not even The Ocho's release could be described as "big", all things considered.

I know Marvin endorsed Carson, but that doesnt mean a thing in today's NFL.

Without any solid evidence, we here on this board cant be too sure about anything at this point.

I suggest not overreacting to rumors or hearsay.

Jasonew6
01-12-2011, 09:45 PM

Thoughts?

Carson will at the very least play out his current contract as the Bengals starting QB.

Debbie Downer
01-12-2011, 10:56 PM
You all have to remember that this is the Cincinnati Bengals. Carson Palmer is the best that we will have. (I'm a Carson fan) Until you fix some coaching, nothings ever going to change at QB. I mean the whole team including defense. Look at Pittsburg, very good defense , worthlessburger bad. Pitts defense makes him look good. I'm just saying its not Carson . Defenses win games.

ishouldbegm
01-13-2011, 12:03 AM
with the lack of picks this year and the amount of holes we have i can't see using a pick on any qb this draft unless ponder somehows falls to the 5th round

bludgeon
01-13-2011, 02:47 AM
You all have to remember that this is the Cincinnati Bengals. Carson Palmer is the best that we will have. (I'm a Carson fan) Until you fix some coaching, nothings ever going to change at QB. I mean the whole team including defense. Look at Pittsburg, very good defense , worthlessburger bad. Pitts defense makes him look good. I'm just saying its not Carson . Defenses win games.

Amen. We've got the foundation for a good defense, we just need to adequately fill it.

fredtoast
01-13-2011, 09:09 AM

What did Clausen win?

he never won a single bowl game did he?

bengalfan247
01-13-2011, 10:03 AM
Well if that's true (I doubt it is), then our coaches are even more stupid than I thought (and that is saying A LOT)

It is not true but they are more stupid than you think!

If nati85 truly knew someone on the inside he would have shared some other info on the subject that is well known in the org but hasn't been released yet. What he posted goes completely opposite of the situation.

Knowing the night security guard or the towel boy is not "knowing someone in the organization". I'm talking about a decision maker.

Posted by Fredtoast:
Bengalfan247 is smarter than Fredtoast

Fritzo1978
01-13-2011, 10:14 AM
The Bengals do nothing.

You do relize Carson "IS" a vet now, and "SHOULD" know what the defenses are doing. If after 8yrs in your professional career, you still are not performing at a top level, then you will never perform at the top. Not to mention if your head coach is a complete turd that is at best a .500 coach, then you are also DOOOOMED. Until there is a massive 3 alarm fire at the Brown family reunion that wipes out every generation of the family, the Bengals will never be a champion franchise.

bfine32
01-13-2011, 11:10 AM
How many wins did Clausen have?

LOL at picking a 3rd round talent at best at the #4.
STOP POSTING THIS in every thread plz

He out performed CP9 in their head to head and those that curse Carson's supporting staff would lose their mind with Claussen's.

jsr18
01-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Carson will at the very least play out his current contract as the Bengals starting QB.

:tiger: I wouldn't be to sure about that....

Drake Tungsten
01-13-2011, 12:50 PM

I do too. He will be a very quality back-up behind Carson. :thumbsup:

I think its time to catch the Lefavour!

pat5775
01-13-2011, 04:47 PM
What did Clausen win?

he bnefer won a single bowl game did he?

He never won a BCS Bowl game, but he did win this one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRgGpMhNb4E

bludgeon
01-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Until there is a massive 3 alarm fire at the Brown family reunion that wipes out every generation of the family, the Bengals will never be a champion franchise.

http://www.citygateassociates.com/art/Fire_Pictures/burning_building.jpg

fredtoast
01-13-2011, 07:05 PM
He never won a BCS Bowl game, but he did win this one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRgGpMhNb4E

In his three seasons as a starter Notre Dame went 16-21. Their best season was 7-6.

The Scales
01-13-2011, 09:22 PM
In his three seasons as a starter Notre Dame went 16-21. There best season was 7-6.

Da na na nannanan nanana naanannan ananan

STATMAN!

OSUfan
01-13-2011, 09:36 PM

Oh nothing is as precious as the "Sources" that so many have.

OSUfan
01-13-2011, 09:42 PM
:tiger: He will Fred, he's got some personal things to take care of first.

CP is not TO or Chad, he's not going to do this in the media. He'll do it like the class act that he is---quietly.

You are correct about one thing and that is that he is a class act. He is a smart player and he knows he did not play well and he is not the type of guy to just jump ship when he knows he was part of the problem.

He will be back and would not walk out after having a season like he had.

THEBURG
01-13-2011, 11:42 PM
I hope we DO have Carson...and Benson.....but if we don't have Carson then we need to draft top pick # 1 on a QB.....and if we don't have Benson we need to CONSIDER top pick # 1 on a RB.....and if we don't have Carson or Benson we need to go QB at top pick # 1 and CONSIDER RB at top pick # 2, even if we don't fill our other needs....have to have a QB and a RB.

We4 got a running back, and he will be a stud.

boomersooner
01-14-2011, 04:29 AM
bring back boomer. our only hope.

bludgeon
01-14-2011, 05:31 AM
bring back boomer. our only hope.

Forget Boomer. If we're going to play the God card I say lets go all the way back to Ken Anderson.

Meatpie
01-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Well it looks like Jsr18 called it....

napalm06
01-23-2011, 06:00 PM

Thoughts?

Does anyone think a QB coming out in the draft would actually come to Cinci without trying everything possible to avoid it?

BengalUSCfan
01-23-2011, 06:14 PM
First, I think Carson is supporting Marvin in demanding a new OC. I think it is now apparent that Carson is sick to death of Mike Brown pulling the coaching strings, not Marvin.

Do you think Carson wanted Marvin gone? I don't think so.

Second, and I know I'm walking a fine line of being accused of a double standard, but I don't see this as equivalent to Chad's demands a couple of years ago. My suspicion is that Carson wants the same change as most of the fans who post on these boards, and is willing to end his career over it.

I think this is going to be a great Mike versus Carson game of chicken.

Bengals in Toronto
01-23-2011, 06:15 PM
trade Carson for Cutler :rotf:

The Caped Crusader
01-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Possible trade to Carolina? Carson/Benson for Pick/DeAngelo Williams? Sounds....meh.

Bonnie Bengal
01-23-2011, 06:21 PM

Thoughts?

Who fricking cares? We have the same crap owner. Result: Failure.

BBGE132
01-23-2011, 06:22 PM
The solution is simple. FIRE BRATKOWSKI!!!! Palmer will stay and have another great season and career once he is gone. No QB would want to play for an OC as bad as he is.

MIke has a thing for Bratkowski, that is the only reason he is here. I do not believe Marvin talking with Childress should be a surprise. I'm sure Marvin and Carson have talked about this before today!!

BengalUSCfan
01-23-2011, 06:25 PM
I just had another chuckle.

I said all along that it was a horrible idea to waste the back-up QB position on Jordan P.

Now Carson really has Mike by the short hairs because Mike will probably lose two for the price of one. No way Carson retires, breaks it off in Mike's rear, and then Mike lets his brother fufill his dream of taking over as the new QB.

What a freak'in comedy this franchise is.

Bengal Dude
01-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Possible trade to Carolina? Carson/Benson for Pick/DeAngelo Williams? Sounds....meh.

Benson and Williams would have to be franchised.

bengalfan4life27c
01-23-2011, 06:27 PM
here I am trying ot enjoy championship week of nfl Carson does this: Bengals now ruin my Sundays even when they are not playing.

artsmart
Why don't we have the football version of an estate sale. Get a list of all of the players and coaches that want to leave. Sit down with their agents come up with a fair trade value and let the agent see if he can find a deal. We know that if they do not want to be here they are almost useless anyway.

BigTuna513
I'm shocked Carson is doing this.

BigTuna513
01-23-2011, 06:30 PM
I just had another chuckle.

I said all along that it was a horrible idea to waste the back-up QB position on Jordan P.

Now Carson really has Mike by the short hairs because Mike will probably lose two for the price of one. No way Carson retires, breaks it off in Mike's rear, and then Mike lets his brother fufill his dream of taking over as the new QB.

What a freak'in comedy this franchise is.

You lose Carson Palmer and you lose season ticket holders by the thousands.

UD5soul
01-23-2011, 06:33 PM
With positive energy leaking out of Cincinnati the last week with the resigning of "players coach" Marvin Lewis, the announcement that Owens will not return, the admittance by Lewis that last year the Bengals tried to fit square pieces into round holes, and the commitment to turning the team that went 4-12 back into the Division winner from a year ago that was built on good defense and a stout running game with a shorter less detailed game plan/play book. Marvin also was quoted as saying the team would do whatever is needed to bring back Benson, who has carried the Bengals with his powerful running the last three years....

All that was turned upside down today, when Carson Palmer, who apparently wasn't so easily satisfied and lured in by the Bengals futile attempts to paint a ******* with zebra stripes to show off at the Cincinnati Zoo, demanded a trade, with the specific quote "If the Bengals refuse to trade me to either San Fran, Seattle, or Arizona (3 west coast teams, where he grew up, seattle is coached by his college coach) then I will retire, he then sited that he "has more than enough money to take care of his family and himself the rest of his life" and that he would retire if not traded. Other factors include that his wife just gave birth to their third child, and the overall sentiment that Carson Palmer has looked at football as a job, when players like Favre and Manning treat it like a way of life.

I'm shocked... I wouldn't have been surprised if this happened at the end of the year, or the last week, but this far into the off season, with Lewis already signing on to coach, a team that apparently, now has no quarterback!

I'll take Orton

maverick0499
01-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Palmer has kept to himself through all the turmoil we put him through until this year....... anybody remembering when the fans were booing him at one point? remember his response "i dont care if they boo me, it doesnt affect me, i only care if it affects my family and the people close to me." WOW great response from our franchise qb? We bring in TO and that stole all the thunder from carson. so TO is out, and now were looking to please palmer. sorry too little too late. HE WILL RETIRE if we dont trade him. he is stacked and he still lives in cali with his family and "he is more willing to retire because he is set and wants to be with his family." a close source of palmer said. so now what? i say we get rid of chad, prob a 4th-5th pick we'll get outter him, and yes people trade palmer, we will have more money and that will open up bringing back JJ (jonathon joseph) hopefully we wont cause he's injury prone. but it will open a lot more doors for us in free agency, franchise tag ced. and the draft coming up im personally very excited and very optimistic about it. our last couple drafts our 1st-4th round picks are playing and playing well, and there is a ton of talent this year coming to us. remember we have the 4th pick????? we go trade down if we must. IT WILL BE A REBUILDING YEAR, and maybe the next two or three years. but after that we will be the top. our young guys are playing well. and well big ben will only get older and their d will get older. the ravens are going to lose reed and lewis soon. its going to be a tough road but stay optimistic.

bottom line...... look what the bucs did this year with one of the youngest teams, and a new coach. our young guys step up means we win.

p.s. the nfc south played the nfc west and they had three 10+ win teams. and were playing the nfc west this year

ochocinco85
01-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Mike Brown: We've kept everyone this offseason. . . Why stop now?

Carson Palmer will stay. Hopefully the return of a terrible offensive coordinator, lackluster QB, and declining WR will result in the first overall pick and Andrew Luck.

mrcommish<2009>
01-23-2011, 06:39 PM
he's not saying anything about it publicly , because Carson does have some class . (unlike Chad) .... if this is true , then he's told the team and that will be all he says . he's not going to play it out in the press , which Chad loves to do . can you blame Carson , he's tired of losing . he had a terrible year , no doubt , maybe he's sick of Marvin , Brat , who knows . maybe he's tired of people trashing his yard after every loss . maybe he thought he could be a winner , even with Mike Brown in charge . maybe now he sees thats an impossibility .... who knows !

BigTuna513
01-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Palmer has kept to himself through all the turmoil we put him through until this year....... anybody remembering when the fans were booing him at one point? remember his response "i dont care if they boo me, it doesnt affect me, i only care if it affects my family and the people close to me." WOW great response from our franchise qb? We bring in TO and that stole all the thunder from carson. so TO is out, and now were looking to please palmer. sorry too little too late. HE WILL RETIRE if we dont trade him. he is stacked and he still lives in cali with his family and "he is more willing to retire because he is set and wants to be with his family." a close source of palmer said. so now what? i say we get rid of chad, prob a 4th-5th pick we'll get outter him, and yes people trade palmer, we will have more money and that will open up bringing back JJ (jonathon joseph) hopefully we wont cause he's injury prone. but it will open a lot more doors for us in free agency, franchise tag ced. and the draft coming up im personally very excited and very optimistic about it. our last couple drafts our 1st-4th round picks are playing and playing well, and there is a ton of talent this year coming to us. remember we have the 4th pick????? we go trade down if we must. IT WILL BE A REBUILDING YEAR, and maybe the next two or three years. but after that we will be the top. our young guys are playing well. and well big ben will only get older and their d will get older. the ravens are going to lose reed and lewis soon. its going to be a tough road but stay optimistic.

bottom line...... look what the bucs did this year with one of the youngest teams, and a new coach. our young guys step up means we win.

p.s. the nfc south played the nfc west and they had three 10+ win teams. and were playing the nfc west this year

No offense or anything but half of what you just said was a complete and utter mess.

BengalsfanND
01-23-2011, 06:42 PM
Just heard the news and can't be happier hopefully it's true and get rid of him.:thumbsup:

SunsetBengal
01-23-2011, 06:42 PM
"If the Bengals refuse to trade me to either San Fran, Seattle, or Arizona (3 west coast teams, where he grew up, seattle is coached by his college coach) then I will retire,

That is the first time that I've seen that part of the 'trade demand'. Where did you find that? Was that also in the blogspot posting? I didn't go read the entire thing, only what was quoted from it in the thread.

corpjet
01-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Im honestly shocked Carson did this?

Why I dont know but I thought he was more of a team player. I dont think there is anything we can change coaching and/or player wise that would change his mind.

Having him and his 11.5 million dollar salary gone is a good thing.

Jer
01-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Just heard the news and can't be happier hopefully it's true and get rid of him.:thumbsup:

Can we send the "owner" with him? Then I'D be happy...

BigTuna513
01-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Im honestly shocked Carson did this?

Why I dont know but I thought he was more of a team player. I dont think there is anything we can change coaching and/or player wise that would change his mind.

Having him and his 11.5 million dollar salary gone is a good thing.

Like Lebron James...he just wants to be in a better city. Better orginization to utilize the talents that he has.

jonescincy
01-23-2011, 07:01 PM
I love that Palmer is standing up and holding this team accountable. Good thing he did well with his money and can make the retirement thing more than just an empty threat. I hope he does well wherever he ends up. This team ruins players careers, well MB ruins players careers.

JADefense
01-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Anyone that is happy about this news is utterly insane. There is no reliable back up and good quarterbacks don't just come along every day. If you think the offense was bad the last few years, "you ain't seen nothin' yet." Be very careful what you wish for.

dnandout
01-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Does anyone think a QB coming out in the draft would actually come to Cinci without trying everything possible to avoid it?
Oh I don't know. Mikey will probably draft Clovis McCorncob for Boogers Community College and regardless of 2yrs of 0 an 10 seasons be happy to come here as cincy's number 1 overall pick.

BuckeyedBengalCondition
01-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Why hasn't someone whined about this thread not being in the Carson trade section yet?

voyager6
01-23-2011, 08:07 PM
You lose Carson Palmer and you lose season ticket holders by the thousands.

If the Bengals let Carson retire or trade him, they are clearly in a rebuilding the O and there is no way they can be competetive in the next few years. I can see corporate season ticket sales go poof if Carson goes.

If Mike doesn't blink, the Bengals will be 1) forced to draft a QB in the 1st round setting other (likely other defensive) positions back, and 2) forced to start the poor guy (against the AFC North teams?) with no kitna-like mentor on the team. Guy won't last and they will have to draft another QB in a couple of years.

msfbengal
01-23-2011, 08:09 PM
trade palmer to seatle...they would be willing to over-pay. Especially, if another option is San Fran. Old coach would love him. Then trade that pick to Philly for Kolb. Problem solved.

WbenM
01-23-2011, 08:16 PM
trade palmer to seatle...they would be willing to over-pay. Especially, if another option is San Fran. Old coach would love him. Then trade that pick to Philly for Kolb. Problem solved.

Kolb is under contract i do believe for next season?

bludgeon
01-23-2011, 08:17 PM
trade Carson for Cutler :rotf:

Ew! NO!

bludgeon
01-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Why hasn't someone whined about this thread not being in the Carson trade section yet?

waah. It's not in the Carson Trade section! Waah!
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: :cry::cry::cry::cry:

THere ya go!:denny:

tgmaino
01-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Kolb will not want to come here. You think he wont call Carson and talk to him about this place. Get real

tgmaino
01-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Ew! NO!

Bengals fans, I give you Alex Smith...you heard it here first.

UD5soul
01-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Enter Jack Del Homey

tgmaino
01-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Oh I don't know. Mikey will probably draft Clovis McCorncob for Boogers Community College and regardless of 2yrs of 0 an 10 seasons be happy to come here as cincy's number 1 overall pick.

I see an Eli Manning/Chargers situation brewing

Bengalsnati85
01-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Trust me......It's true!
It is not true but they are more stupid than you think!

If nati85 truly knew someone on the inside he would have shared some other info on the subject that is well known in the org but hasn't been released yet. What he posted goes completely opposite of the situation.
Unlike some ppl on here, who have "insider" info and string everyone along like puppets, I told what I know. I know someone on the inside, and it ain't the pool boy either!
Knowing the night security guard or the towel boy is not "knowing someone in the organization". I'm talking about a decision maker.

Posted by Fredtoast:
Bengalfan247 is smarter than Fredtoast

Unlike some ppl on here, who have "insider" info and string everyone along like puppets, I told what I know. I know someone on the inside, and it ain't the pool boy either!

I don't know a decision maker, or the pool boy. Who I know is a coach on the defensive side of the ball and that's ALL that needs to be said.

trcombs
01-23-2011, 08:41 PM
:tiger::tiger: IMHO, I believe we have seen the last of Carson Palmer in stripes (his own choosing).

Thoughts?

Carson has not been right
since the 2008 steelers game

i've been saying he needs to go
for a long time

and his brother needs to join him

as for benson
i will miss him

a bengal fan

bunglized
01-23-2011, 08:46 PM
we dont need to be changing our offense entirely. i can live without chad, i can live without t.o. i like what i seen from simpson towards the end of there season and it looked as if palmer was having fun throwing to simpson, caldwell and shipley. palmer is upset with all of the negative things being said about him and garbage being thrown on his lawn.
but i think he could deal with all that, one thing i think he is having a hard time dealing with is he wants to win a superbowl but the owner does not. give the guy a break i dont blame him for wanting out of cincy. the problem is and has been and always will be the owner, bottom line.. btw, is there a veteran fa qb out there that would play for this coaching staff thats intact? mike brown were beggin you, PLEASE STEP DOWN.

SunsetBengal
01-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Trust me......It's true!

I don't know a decision maker, or the pool boy. Who I know is a coach on the defensive side of the ball and that's ALL that needs to be said.

I appreciate your honesty and candor.:denny:

Bengalsnati85
01-23-2011, 09:03 PM
I appreciate your honesty and candor.:denny:

Thank you sir, and right back atcha!

Bengalsnati85
01-23-2011, 09:09 PM

Thoughts?

And since you know this big time "decision maker", why are you starting this thread? You know the insider so you already got that "insider" information. So tell us sir, what are they gonna do?

Bengalsnati85
01-23-2011, 09:24 PM
JSR and Bengalfan247,

I know you guys read what I wrote because I seen both of your names as actively viewing the thread and neither responded. You guys claim to have all of this insider info and have people stringing along like puppets waiting on you to drop a hint. Don't come in here with your "Insider" shirt on, claim to be insiders and not give info or give info as you see fit. It's just not right to all of us who spend a lot of time on here. If you know something, share it or move the hell on!

BengalUSCfan
01-23-2011, 09:33 PM
I take some consolation in knowing that we would only have to be horribly bad for one season to get Andrew Luck.

We wouldn't have gotten him this year, but next? If we start out 0-4, I'll start cheering for an epic meltdown, the likes of which brought Carson here in the first place.

New coach (after meltdown), new OC (his contract will FINALLY be up), and a new QB.
Good things come to those who wait.

tgmaino
01-23-2011, 09:45 PM
I take some consolation in knowing that we would only have to be horribly bad for one season to get Andrew Luck.

We wouldn't have gotten him this year, but next? If we start out 0-4, I'll start cheering for an epic meltdown, the likes of which brought Carson here in the first place.

New coach (after meltdown), new OC (his contract will FINALLY be up), and a new QB.
Good things come to those who wait.

Unfortunately we've been waiting for 20 years.......still waiting....

jsr18
01-23-2011, 09:51 PM
JSR and Bengalfan247,

I know you guys read what I wrote because I seen both of your names as actively viewing the thread and neither responded. You guys claim to have all of this insider info and have people stringing along like puppets waiting on you to drop a hint. Don't come in here with your "Insider" shirt on, claim to be insiders and not give info or give info as you see fit. It's just not right to all of us who spend a lot of time on here. If you know something, share it or move the hell on!

:tiger: I know plenty.

I'm sorry, I must've missed the memo that appointed you "King of Message Board"

I, unlike you value my source and will not divulge it.

Members of this board are free to believe me or not, I won't lose sleep either way. I'm not trying to "string along" anyone. I'm passing on information that I feel is pertinent...

Bonnie Bengal
01-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Who cares? If they let Carson walk and keep Bratkowski, I am out of here, and I'm a 35 year fan.

bludgeon
01-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Who cares? If they let Carson walk and keep Bratkowski, I am out of here, and I'm a 35 year fan.

I'm still here, but I will avenge the loss of Carson. Anyone willing to help?

bludgeon
01-23-2011, 10:07 PM

Members of this board are free to believe me or not, I won't lose sleep either way. I'm not trying to "string along" anyone. I'm passing on information that I feel is pertinent...

A) I respect you're willingness to not throw your source under the bus, and B) appreciate it when you share. Thanks!

jsr18
01-23-2011, 10:11 PM
A) I respect you're willingness to not throw your source under the bus, and B) appreciate it when you share. Thanks!

:tiger: You're welcome. :thumbsup:

Lolli
01-23-2011, 11:06 PM
None of them are NFL ready so it is not worth it.

We need a vet to take the beating this year and prepare the new QB next year.

No top FA QB is going to come near this place, at least not with out a huge up charge.

Shady
01-23-2011, 11:10 PM
I'm still here, but I will avenge the loss of Carson. Anyone willing to help?

What's your plan for vengeance?

Bengalsnati85
01-24-2011, 02:51 AM

I never claimed to be king of the boards, as you say. It seems like you are playing games how you drop a little, we all cling for more. Its like your getting your rocks off watching everyone kiss your butt. I didn't divulge my source, pick a coach, could have been a coach past or present. I also believe what you say, just don't like how you are going about it.

bludgeon
01-24-2011, 03:06 AM
Let's put Mike Brown in at QB! Let him take a few hits!

Alias
01-24-2011, 05:48 AM
(I posted this elsewhere, but I hadn't seen this thread :lol:)
IF the Bengals will invest in the offensive line, and IF the Bengals will commit to being a run-first team, I would be absolutely comfortable with any of these guys (they're supposed to be free agents, I think) as our starter if Carson is gone. I have seen them step up when needed, and they manage games well. They don't make many stupid decisions, and I think all they need is some PROTECTION to be solid (and even pretty good) starters.

In order of preference:

Jim Sorgi (NYG) (http://www.nfl.com/players/jimsorgi/profile?id=SOR431260)
Billy Volek (SD) (http://www.nfl.com/players/billyvolek/profile?id=VOL083057)
Bruce Gradkowski (OAK) (http://www.nfl.com/players/brucegradkowski/profile?id=GRA068015) - I'm iffy here, but I'd take him over any rookie in this situation

Pick one of them up, and we aren't desperate to draft a QB if Carson is no longer a Bengal. We can beef up the O-Line and other glaring holes, and make a TEAM that isn't destined to kill any QB we may draft in the future.

Also, I'm admittedly pretty ignorant of trade values and things of that nature, but would it be horrible to suggest trading Carson for a solid backup QB and his team's 2nd round pick?
Here's who I thought could be possible in that scenario (again, in order of preference):

Donovan McNabb - Washington (6-10) (http://www.nfl.com/players/DonovanMcNabb/profile?id=MCN017517)
David Carr - San Francisco (6-10) (http://www.nfl.com/players/davidcarr/profile?id=CAR358385)
Jason Campbell - Oakland (8-8) (http://www.nfl.com/players/jasoncampbell/profile?id=CAM375235) (he's their starter, but I'd think they might be interested).
Matt Leinart - Houston (6-10) (http://www.nfl.com/players/mattleinart/profile?id=LEI453701)

*edit* I'd rather have a content Carson back though, and see Brat gone.

StripesNTn
01-24-2011, 06:20 AM
Actually with everyone in Denver all on Tebows jock, Orton would be a solid QB to get as a game manager type ;)

Alias
01-24-2011, 06:25 AM
Actually with everyone in Denver all on Tebows jock, Orton would be a solid QB to get as a game manager type ;)

Yeah, I had thought about him, but I didn't think Denver would be willing to part with him. If they would, that'd be good too.