PDA

View Full Version : Suh fined $20,000 for Dalton hit

Who Dey Time
08-17-2011, 01:29 PM
Guess the league didn't appreciate that particular play.

Goat Green
08-17-2011, 01:32 PM
The vibe from the Lions at the time seemed to be "we can smack you in the face, take the penalty for it, and still win every matchup including the score."

The only Bengals I saw that took exception to that were Smith, Dalton, and Simpson.

goalpost
08-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Suh's act was unnecessary.

Millz
per his tweeter:

@ndamukong_suh Ndamukong Suh
$20,000REALLY???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #NFL #BIGFAIL

Very well deserving too. Can't take a QB down like that, especially well after the ball was thrown.

XenoMorph

rips his helmet off first... then dumps him on his head? James Harrison must feel relieved as the all mighty eye of Sauron(Goodell) has turned to Detriot...

The Bengal Thing
08-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Yeah, I normally don't complain much about hits in such a violent game, but the NFL is not wrastlin'..... that was totally a power bomb courtesy of Captain Insane-O

XenoMorph
08-17-2011, 01:35 PM
per his tweeter:

@ndamukong_suh Ndamukong Suh
$20,000REALLY???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #NFL #BIGFAIL

Should have been 50,000 (and i believe each fine for the same reason grows... over the season).

We just got dalton Suh cant break him yet.

but of course. its not Suh's fault are OG's cant block

jj22
08-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Suh has to know he'll be fined. Now I don't mind the play, but you can't complain about the fine. Make them fear you, but pay the price for it if you choose to play like that. 20g's is change. He should be mad he wasted it in a preseason game. That would be my only issue with being fined.

auggie
08-17-2011, 01:42 PM

Fining Suh $20,000 is stupid. Suh is a terrific and exciting player but is also dirty and takes cheap shots. Last year in pre-season he did the same thing to Jake Delohmme and then in the regular season took another cheap shot on Jay Cutler. He was fined $15,000 for the Cutler hit and I can't recall the fine, if any, for the Delohmme hit. If the league thinks fining Suh peanuts is going to protect qb's from this type of attack, they're nuts.

Spartan The Bengal
08-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Fining Suh $20,000 is stupid. Suh is a terrific and exciting player but is also dirty and takes cheap shots. Last year in pre-season he did the same thing to Jake Delohmme and then in the regular season took another cheap shot on Jay Cutler. He was fined $15,000 for the Cutler hit and I can't recall the fine, if any, for the Delohmme hit. If the league thinks fining Suh peanuts is going to protect qb's from this type of attack, they're nuts.

Jake was the 1st offense, Cutler the 2nd, Andy the 3rd... Of course the fines will get larger

Joelist
08-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Also under the new CBA the fines will start to turn into suspensions.

Suh is a quality player but he needs to learn self control.

bigd1451
08-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Of course he should be fined. Not only was it an unnecessary "choke slam", but the play was already dead. Dalton had thrown an incomplete pass, I believe the whistle was already blown, and Suh still kept up his assault.

junglester
08-17-2011, 04:40 PM
I think the NFL has become the cream puff league. Yes, the hit was unnecessary. However, if the NFL is going to fine every big hit, then it will spoil the spirit of the game. Pretty soon, the defensive players will be forced to gingerly tackle offensive players. That is totally unfair because offensive players are going full steam.

Baby Hawk
08-17-2011, 06:00 PM
I think the NFL has become the cream puff league. Yes, the hit was unnecessary. However, if the NFL is going to fine every big hit, then it will spoil the spirit of the game. Pretty soon, the defensive players will be forced to gingerly tackle offensive players. That is totally unfair because offensive players are going full steam.

There was judgement used in leveling this fine. The NFL does not fine every big hit. Dalton was not going full steam.

Joelist
08-17-2011, 07:07 PM

There's a big difference between a big hit (Hines Ward on Keith Rivers) and ripping off a player's helemt and bodyslamming him AFTER THE PLAY IS OVER. If anything he got off lightly - should have resulted in a suspension.

Broken1
08-17-2011, 07:28 PM
There's a big difference between a big hit (Hines Ward on Keith Rivers) and ripping off a player's helemt and bodyslamming him AFTER THE PLAY IS OVER. If anything he got off lightly - should have resulted in a suspension.

A suspension? That is ridiculous.

crazyjdawg
08-17-2011, 07:41 PM

When it's on the QB, they're gonna fine it.
If it was extremely violent, they're gonna fine it.
If it's threatening the helmet area in any way, they're gonna fine it.
If the play was dead for at least 3 seconds, they're gonna fine it.
If the player has a reputation as dirty player already, they're gonna fine it.
I'm pretty sure this has all been established. And I don't think any of it is out of line.

BmorePat87
08-17-2011, 10:43 PM
Big difference between:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/804385-ndamukong-suh-video-watch-suh-body-slam-helmet-less-andy-dalton-to-turf

and say Ngata being fined when he grazed Brady's facemask while trying to deflect a pass.

Suh grabs him around the neck, jumps up and body slams him as he is coming down.