PDA

View Full Version : Jason Allen

Shouldamapads
03-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Not really familiar with him and he is scheduled for a visit.

Give me a run down.

Shouldamapads
03-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Actually reading the article from SB nation, he was already here. Meh, sorry.

sparky151
03-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Allen was a great safety in college at Tennesee. He was drafted by the Dolphns as a CB and was basically a flop. He went to Houston last year and played well as a CB. He would either be a depth CB for us or potentially a starting FS if Nelson leaves.

Benton
03-16-2012, 05:24 PM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/dolphins/miami-dolphins-sign-veteran-cornerback-al-harris-and-1038122.html

On his departure from Miami
Allen, 27, struggled during much of his career here. He started only 12 games in his first four seasons, bouncing between cornerback and safety. But he has been a special-teams stalwart and this season started the first seven games at right cornerback before Sean Smith reclaimed the job.

Allen had been losing playing time to Smith prior to the Oct. 31 game at Cincinnati, where he got his last start. But Terrell Owens beat Allen easily on a slant pattern for a touchdown from 7 yards out on the Bengals' opening drive. Smith replaced him at that point and Owens had some telling comments afterward.

Handful of decent CBs in FA and we're pursuing the guy who lost his starting job because he couldn't figure out TO.

gardner30
03-16-2012, 05:25 PM
This will make Fredtoast very happy.

fredtoast
03-16-2012, 05:46 PM
I'd like to see him at safety, but they claim that playing safety was what caused him problems in Miami.

When Allen played safety at UT he became the only DB ever to lead the SEC in tackles.

But I'd also be glad to see him get a shot at CB. In '10 he finished 5th in the league in interceptions with 5. And he is still a tackling machine.