Code of Conduct
Communicating in a chat room or on message boards is different from face-to-face communication. Only the words are seen, not your facial expressions or tone of voice. Please pay careful attention to how you use your words.
Remember that the words you enter in a burst of passion or indignant anger will be there for you and everyone else to see, sometimes long after those intense feelings have passed. That's not meant to discourage spontaneity, but just a friendly reminder of the long-term existence and effects of what you post.
You may, from time to time, find yourself in disagreement with someone else's opinion. At times like these, please keep in mind it's safer and more polite to take issue with the comments rather than the person.
By using the Cincinnati Bengals service, you agree that you will not post any of the following material in chat rooms, bulletin boards, or other forums:
1) Any communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member.
2) Profanity or masking your profane words. Examples of masking would be: Beng@l$, f00tb@!!, etc.
3) Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images. This includes posting links to other sites/media that violate this policy.
4) Any communication that contains spam (multiple copies in one area or the same communication in multiple areas).
5) Material that defames, abuses or threatens others.
6) Statements that are bigoted, hateful or racially offensive.
7) Material that advocates illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
8) Unauthorized copyrighted material.
9) Advertising or any form of commercial solicitation.
10) Material that impedes or otherwise prohibits communication; disrupts the discussion including, without limitation, using fan names in topical boards that are offensive to the topic, the team, the sport and/or its fans, and repeatedly posting off-topic messages in a topical message board.
11) Any sexually-related images or discussion in any form will not be tolerated.
12) Hijacking threads by turning subject away from its original purpose to create personal attacks on any member will never be tolerated.
13) Starting threads to question Moderator or Administrator decisions, moves or bannings will not accomplish anything and is strongly advised against.
Statements or postings that violate the above terms will be deleted from postings upon discovery. While we may attempt to notify you if we move or delete a post, we are under no obligation to do so. Depending on the nature of the violation, the Cincinnati Bengals at their sole discretion may terminate a customer's account.
If you see any questionable activity on this board, please use the "Report Abuse" link at the bottom right-hand-corner of each post.
Board Moderators have been instructed not to respond to questions on the message board regarding edits, deletions, movement of posts or any other moderator activity on this message board.
If you have questions, complaints, or problems with action taken by a board moderator, please send your report to email@example.com. If any action is deemed necessary, you will be notified directly by the webmaster.
Any harassment of the moderators on this message board will not be tolerated, and will be considered a violation of the Code of Conduct and treated accordingly.
In addition, if you have been “pointed” and suspended for a COC violation for any amount of time set by a moderator, you MUST adhere to your suspension.
This means that you may NOT create and or use another user name to post on this message board until your suspension is lifted. If you are caught doing so (violating the terms of your suspension), you will have your new user name BANNED for good and receive another point and a possible lifetime ban on your original suspended name.
Please also note that once you’ve received your third point, your user name is Banned for life. Also, if you’re found to have more than one user name and you’ve been pointed and suspended on any of your user names, all known alias are pointed and suspended as well.
BANNED = No longer able to post and sometimes even read messages on this message board.
SUSPENDED = Most often able to read but not post or reply to any threads for an amount of time set forth by our moderators. These restrictions WILL be lifted after your suspension has been served.
Last edited by Bengals_Moderator; 09-18-2009 at 10:27 AM.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|