Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3479
Default Paul Alexander maybe done. FINALY

Geoff Hobson @GeoffHobsonCin
#Bengals hire former OL coach Jim McNally as consultant
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Joe Reedy @joereedy
#bengals announce hiring of former offensive line coach Jim McNally as a consultant
Yes I give them credit for trying. But now we're gonna have another hole to fill if he goes to Green Bay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nately120 View Post
Personally, I want a QB who sacrifices a small animal to the almighty Cthulu after scoring.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:42 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 34572
Default Re: Paul Alexander maybe done. FINALY

McNally is 68 years old.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 02-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 160

Alexander isn't done. McNally is a 68 year old consultant. A good hire, but not a replacement.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:47 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyjackaubrey View Post
Alexander isn't done. McNally is a 68 year old consultant. A good hire, but not a replacement.
Aww damn! I got my hopes up. What was I think. Someone slap me.
Yes I give them credit for trying. But now we're gonna have another hole to fill if he goes to Green Bay.
Quote:
Personally, I want a QB who sacrifices a small animal to the almighty Cthulu after scoring.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:52 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30701

He may not replace Alexander, but he's one of the best O-line coaches EVER. He will do nothing but help.

And he's 6 years younger than LeBeau.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:55 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
He may not replace Alexander, but he's one of the best O-line coaches EVER. He will do nothing but help.

LeBeau defies logic. He's always looked at least 10 years younger than he is.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 02-22-2012, 01:58 PM
VIP Silver Member

His hiring could mean a few things.

1. We are trying to go after a guard in FA and lure him to learn from the legend?
2. We definitely plan on drafting a Guard.
3. Both!
Quote:
Old 02-22-2012, 04:54 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36824

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
LeBeau defies logic. He's always looked at least 10 years younger than he is.
really he looks like hes pushing 90
Old 02-22-2012, 07:38 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10037

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post

^ This

The architect of our 80's lines.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:48 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyjackaubrey View Post
how old is **** Lebeau?
Old 02-22-2012, 06:31 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25905
bengals Re: Paul Alexander maybe done. FINALY

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqhybrid25 View Post
Geoff Hobson @GeoffHobsonCin
#Bengals hire former OL coach Jim McNally as consultant
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Joe Reedy @joereedy
#bengals announce hiring of former offensive line coach Jim McNally as a consultant
You might be reading just alittle too much into this. I believe if you check you will find that McNally really is not interested in coaching any longer. He is not even going to participate on the field rather he is going to be looking at film and consulting.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:26 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4270

Hopefully he will convince MB of the value of interior linemen. MB has a lot of respect for the men who worked under his father, so perhaps he can get him to understand that G is not a useless position.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:30 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 54631

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkbengals View Post
Hopefully he will convince MB of the value of interior linemen. MB has a lot of respect for the men who worked under his father, so perhaps he can get him to understand that G is not a useless position.
Mike paid Bobbie good money to keep him here at guard.

He also drafted Whitworth to play OG. Both Willie and Levi were under long term contracts at the time.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:34 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
You might be reading just alittle too much into this. I believe if you check you will find that McNally really is not interested in coaching any longer. He is not even going to participate on the field rather he is going to be looking at film and consulting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePong View Post
Good lord stop it. Mcnally said in the article he isn't going to be involved in any on-field coaching so nobody is going to be learning from him.

He is a consultant who probably will be involved in evaluating talent and watching film. It likely means they are serious about upgrading the line though and he will be involved in selecting who they should target. Which is good news.

Paul Alexander is one of the best coaches in the business though and is not going anywhere.

Exactly what I was going to say. Hobbs article on the Bengals website is more in depth about what McNallys role will be. He also points out the McNally retired from coaching in 2007 I believe.

I also doubt very much PA's job is in jeapordy. I don't really feel a change there was necessary, but personally I would've like to seen one. PA has done well with little talent over the years. Better than a lot of others over the same period of time.

More than likely, McNally is here because they are finally ready to do some serious upgrading on the line. This is encouraging news! We could see Nicks and a G at 17 or 21 yet!!
Old 02-23-2012, 03:29 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25905
bengals Re: Paul Alexander maybe done. FINALY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeyWho1972 View Post
Exactly what I was going to say. Hobbs article on the Bengals website is more in depth about what McNallys role will be. He also points out the McNally retired from coaching in 2007 I believe.

I also doubt very much PA's job is in jeapordy. I don't really feel a change there was necessary, but personally I would've like to seen one. PA has done well with little talent over the years. Better than a lot of others over the same period of time.

More than likely, McNally is here because they are finally ready to do some serious upgrading on the line. This is encouraging news! We could see Nicks and a G at 17 or 21 yet!!
There is an individual who loves to start these threads and generally his interpretation of the article is not even remotely close to what the article stated. Completely predictable.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Wow. JoePong got the hammer. So did the other PA thread.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 02-23-2012, 04:07 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27302
Question Re: Paul Alexander maybe done. FINALY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Wow. JoePong got the hammer. So did the other PA thread.

He got banned?

No way, he is right all the time.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 510

Eventually this board will consist of mods kissing their own ***** because everyone is banned
Old 02-23-2012, 01:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

Default Paul Alexander is confused - Article from the front page

INDIANAPOLIS - Even before he sees this current crop of linemen work out here Friday at the NFL scouting combine, Bengals offensive line coach Paul Alexander has some definite opinions.

He emerged from Wednesday night's interviews shaking his head.

"Some guys confuse you," Alexander said. "They confuse you on film. Then when I interviewed them, they confused me in the interview. I think that kind of answers it. The guy's got issues. On film, you don't know why he did this or that. Then you interview him and you don't know why he said what he did. Well, that's what he is."

But there is no confusion that the Bengals need some kind of help at guard. The three who played the most snaps are all scheduled to be free agents. So is Anthony Collins, who backed up both tackles.

With there some discussion there may not be a cornerback or running back good enough at Nos. 17 and 21 after the first wave, could what was supposed to be a defensive first round go wide receiver/guard or guard/wide receiver?

Alexander, of course, won't say if he does think there is a worthy first-round guard. But he'll probably have his answer by Friday night. He likes the combine setup, starting with the interviews, progressing to Thursday morning's weigh-in, and then the workouts that he sees as mini competitions.

"A lot can be answered here," he said. "When you interview the guys you can tell if a guy has football in him. You find out what kind of guy he is. Do you have any chemistry with the person? Can you work together?

"Then when you see them walk across the stage, you have to trust your eyes a little. Then you go to the workout and it's nice seeing them go against each other. On film, they're only going against themselves."

The one guy that would seem to be up for debate is Georgia tackle Cordy Glenn because Stanford guard David DeCastro, said by some to be the best guard prospect in a decade, figures to be gone.

The 6-5, 346-pound Glenn played left tackle this past season, where some said he slipped. But he projects to be a powerful interior player that could be the answer at left guard right now.
Alexander won't say what he thinks of Glenn, but he wants his guards versatile. After the Bengals took Glenn's former linemate, right guard Clint Boling, in the fourth round last year, Alexander had him play some center in the preseason for the first time in his life.

"That's always good," he said. "You always like a guard that can play tackle or a guard that can play center."

Boling began the season as the starter at right guard, but went back to the bench when Bobbie Williams returned from a four-game NFL suspension. With Williams, 35, recovering from surgery for a broken ankle, Boling looks to be the heir apparent as the Bengals look to bulk him up and try to get him to play lower.

This guy irks me beyond belief. So glad we hired a consultant this year. I mean seriously. Is he going to try and say DeCastro or Glenn are bad guards? NATE I CAN'T BLOCK LIVINGS!!! Alexander shut up! You sound stupid.
Quote:

Last edited by Bengals_Moderator; 02-23-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:11 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4270
Default Re: Paul Alexander is confused - Article from the front page

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqhybrid25 View Post
This guy irks me beyond belief. So glad we hired a consultant this year. I mean seriously. Is he going to try and say DeCastro or Glenn are bad guards? NATE I CAN'T BLOCK LIVINGS!!! Alexander shut up! You sound stupid.
He said nothing remotely close to that. He said that he had an interview, with whom was not revealed, with bizarre answers when questioned about poor decisions on the film. Do you think every guard at the combine is a rocket scientist and all have great mental make-ups?
Old 02-23-2012, 01:35 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7648

to me this is a case of the blind leading the blind PA has to go bring in Munoz

WINNING MAKES BELIEVERS OF US ALL PAUL BROWN
Marvin for GM 2013
Old 02-23-2012, 01:47 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePong View Post
How the hell does he irk you?

You have no idea who he was talking about.Whoever he was talking about probably deserved to be criticized.

You have no clue what even happened in the interview. Alexander has been doing this a long time. If he says a player ***** in an interview and didn't seem like he knew what he was talking about, then it's probably true.
well if this leads to PA resigning nasty nate cause he couldnt trust any G or they all confused him it will be time to drop the turk on him

Last edited by 34inXXIII; 02-23-2012 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Personal attacks in quoted post