Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:41 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 532
Default Trade Rumor - Keith Rivers

I am sure it is a big hoax (at least I hope), but this was posted on the Giants Boards:

I just thought I'd let you folks know about a little insider info I've heard... Manningham for Keith Rivers is a done deal, mark my word. I can't say my source for job security reasons, but its totally legit, trade to be announced this week, initial deal is Rivers for Mario straight up, but there might be a conditional pick in there as well.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:48 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 412
Default Re: Trade Rumor - Keith Rivers

Ok I know our FO is alittle wacky at times but I dont see them giving up our 8th overall for a 3rd round WO.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:49 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 838

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I am sure it is a big hoax (at least I hope), but this was posted on the Giants Boards:

I just thought I'd let you folks know about a little insider info I've heard... Manningham for Keith Rivers is a done deal, mark my word. I can't say my source for job security reasons, but its totally legit, trade to be announced this week, initial deal is Rivers for Mario straight up, but there might be a conditional pick in there as well.
Would not want this deal, and do not think the Bengals are that stupid. Rivers is not only much better than Mario, but I do not think they would break up our duo of USC linebackers. Rivers was a top ten pick, and what was Manningham?

I think this is a hoax from a NY Giants fan who is mad because their LB is terrible, but that is what happens when you only focus on you DL like hte Giants did. oops just dont bring Rivers in the descussion.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:52 AM
Banned

Rep Points: -2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtomstud84 View Post
Ok I know our FO is alittle wacky at times but I dont see them giving up our 8th overall for a 3rd round WO.

Well we did go get a AVG WR for 7 million a year again ......LOL I hope there not stupid again !!!
Old 03-18-2010, 08:52 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 722

I loved us drafting Keith Rivers but I have to admit until I see him posterize Hines Ward with a payback hit for being posterized himself he is not one of my favorite players no more. Cedric Benson is my hero for what he did to Troy Polamalu.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:54 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 412

Listen JusMe, if you where any closer to BM balls you would be a hair. If you disagree with the bengals pick ups so be it vent for a few hour then get over it. There is no point in ranting in every single thread about how some bad tempered WO was going to take us to the promise land. Hell this thread didn't even mention BM yet here ou are running your mouth, please shut up and get over it h ell Joe from flo has more positive things to say about the team then you.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:55 AM
Banned

Rep Points: -2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtomstud84 View Post
listen jusme, if you where any closer to bm balls you would be a hair. If you disagree with the bengals pick ups so be it vent for a few hour then get over it. There is no point in ranting in every single thread about how some bad tempered wo was going to take us to the promise land. Hell this thread didn't even mention bm yet here ou are running your mouth, please shut up and get over it h ell joe from flo has more positive things to say about the team then you.

make me !!!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 08:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3438

I really don't see this happening.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:59 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 0

Quote:

actually it isn't a huge deal.....Rivers has been ok, nothing special....just ok.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:17 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29515

Quote:

Link?

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:24 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1513

Why would we add a WR to a now deeper group (after signing Bryant, Jones, and a third one whose name escapes me) and weaken the LB depth?
Old 03-18-2010, 09:27 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21840

Wouldn't cry over the move. Brandon Johnson is better in coverage and the defense doesn't miss a beat when he steps in for Rivers.

Would think they'd fish him for a proven player in an area of more need, S, SAM, nickle, OG, etc...
Old 03-18-2010, 09:27 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
Link?
Link? It is a rumor from the Giants boards, why would I link it.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:28 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
Wouldn't cry over the move. Brandon Johnson is better in coverage and the defense doesn't miss a beat when he steps in for Rivers.

Would think they'd fish him for a proven player in an area of more need, S, SAM, nickle, OG, etc...
If they did trade Rivers, I would think there would be better value than Manningham though. He tends to dissapear frequently.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:41 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8695

Rivers started out awesome, broke his jaw, and then his performance was just average. I wouldnt want this deal because I want to see our D stay intact, but wouldnt be that upset if it really went down. Manningham performed ok last season.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:50 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 454

Makes absolutely zero sense from the Benglas point of view. They have Chad under contract, brought in Antonio Bryant for huge money, invested in Matt Jones' rehab, draft choices in Caldwell and Simpson, Cosby did well as the 4th or 5th WR, drafted a pass catching TE in Chase Coffman, and T.O.still might come here, and the word I heard is that Bengals are very high on Demaryius Thomas (who should be there by the time we draft)...the list goes on.

Why would you weaken the defense for Mario Manningham? I am sure the Giants would like the deal, but then again they think we're stupid-Of course New York sports writers never ever just make things up to stir the pot do they? Forsooth!

Ian

Last edited by Ian Demagi; 03-18-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:59 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13343

Quote:

I just heard this after saying it out loud. The Bengals and Giants have agreed to a straight up trade; Jerome Simpson for Justin Tuck. It makes perfect sense. Manning needs another target. The Bengals may throw in a 7th rounder to sweeten an already nice deal.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:02 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 11226

I don't like the idea of moving him for Mario, but I'm not against the idea of trading Rivers.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 0

It doesn't matter if it weakens the depth a little, you have a chance to get a playmaker on the field in Brandon Johnson who also makes less money than Rivers. If you unload his salary you have more money to play with.Davis will not make the team, Jones is a huge question mark and how good is Caldwell really? I would do the deal.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:07 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 25797

I don't know much about Manningham, but Rivers definitely hasn't played like a top 10 pick so his draft position at this time is irrelevant. He's a decent steady player a la Simmons, but nothing great.
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people
Old 03-18-2010, 10:09 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2367

I could see it if Caldwell was dealt. But otherwise I struggle with this move. I do like Manningham, but he doesn't fit with the players we currently have.

...to call you a "homer"
Old 03-18-2010, 10:15 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 91688

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post

Minus the Ray Rice giant catch and run and a few other big plays he wiffed on? No thanks. I will take Rivers for 3 downs. He has more talent. Hands down.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:25 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3263

Quote:

If this actually happens it will be one of the stupidest things that the Bengals front office has ever done. It will be up there with resigning dan coats
Old 03-18-2010, 10:28 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6390

Agreed. Brandon Johnson gets overrated pretty good on this board because he rushes the passer better than Keith.

Brandon is not a complete linebacker, but he is a great role-player. I'm sorry guys, but if he was a better player than Rivers, Zimmer would start him in front of him.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:28 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1096

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe from Florence View Post
actually it isn't a huge deal.....Rivers has been ok, nothing special....just ok.
Agree, Keith has been average... and we need a WR with more upside and more value

Its not a bad rumor