Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:54 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 144
Default Stop looking through rose colored glasses.

Even though I dont think they are as bad as they looked today , they are not as good as some think.
The offense is not up to speed even though I think they are better then they showed in the 1st half , for most of you who think because they looked better in the 2nd half thats just wishful thinking.
Teams play different when they are blowing out another team, they tend to play more of a prevent .

Their whole defensive scheme looked awful from begining to end , played to far off the recievers, the linebackers most of the time looked lost , the def line were a embarssement.
The oline still looks overwhelmed

I was looking forward to this season more than I can remember and at 2:15 I had to stop watching, it took the bengals all of 1 hour and 15 minutes to destroy opening weekend for me.

Now I guess their is always next week , better luck next time .
Old 09-12-2010, 09:54 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9611
Default Re: Stop looking through rose colored glasses.

Don't tell me what to do!

Old 09-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 679

I think coaching needs a shake up or at least a threat. They seem to comfortable in their positions especially on defense right now.
Zimmer is over rated or Dallas would have kept him and we have NO pass rush against anyone to speak of..Line coach anyone? our highly talked about LBers.. well they looked like they all had bad meat for breakfast and special teams..Special K could have done just as well..
Old 09-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 61

I'll stop looking through my rose-colored glasses once everyone gets off the soap box and starts being a little more realistic here. Are we so damn volatile that one loss sets us off into a slurry of pessimism that takes some bad things and totally exaggerates them as if our season is over after one bad game?

It was a tough loss but I feel like the fans are treating it as the end of the season. It's not; it was just the start.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2596

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny44 View Post
Even though I dont think they are as bad as they looked today , they are not as good as some think.
The offense is not up to speed even though I think they are better then they showed in the 1st half , for most of you who think because they looked better in the 2nd half thats just wishful thinking.
Teams play different when they are blowing out another team, they tend to play more of a prevent .

Their whole defensive scheme looked awful from begining to end , played to far off the recievers, the linebackers most of the time looked lost , the def line were a embarssement.
The oline still looks overwhelmed

I was looking forward to this season more than I can remember and at 2:15 I had to stop watching, it took the bengals all of 1 hour and 15 minutes to destroy opening weekend for me.

Now I guess their is always next week , better luck next time .
Any other team I would say you are right about the prevent defense, but the Patriots are not a team to take their feet off the throats of their opponents.

So what was the difference?

Offensive adjustments and the no huddle. Although the adjustments were made too late, Brat finally started throwing screen passes and putting in a faster back(Scott). Those coupled by the no huddle slowed the Patriots rush that killed us in the first half. Chad absolutely destroyed the man coverage.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5275

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny44 View Post
Stop looking through Rose Colored Glasses.
Rose colored? I think most of the homers closed their eyes and imagined what happened out there today
Old 09-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle View Post
I'll stop looking through my rose-colored glasses once everyone gets off the soap box and starts being a little more realistic here. Are we so damn volatile that one loss sets us off into a slurry of pessimism that takes some bad things and totally exaggerates them as if our season is over after one bad game?

It was a tough loss but I feel like the fans are treating it as the end of the season. It's not; it was just the start.
You're probably right, but I just want to be mad today and I have a good reason.. Tomorrow I'll be all better, but only if there's any ice cream left in the freezer.