Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:13 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 322
Default Re: Refs help the Steelers ... again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
When my boy gets home from football practice tonight, I'm going to have him read all the whining about officiating going on here and over in Jungle Noise. I think it will be the perfect learning tool for him to understand that there really is no point in arguing calls nor is there any reason to make yourself out to be a cry baby when doing it.

My son was second team all state last year in his sophmore year. When he comes home crying about being held in games I do my best to stop it right then and there. I tell him coaches coach, players play and the refs make the calls. Your job is focus on the next play. That's it. Besides that, I tell him you are a 6'2 300 lb defensive tackle, quit acting like a Qb.
Wow. My dad was right, I will never complain about officiating again. If I was anything like some of you people, I now understand his disapointment in me. Thank you guys for showing me what you shouldn't do.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:13 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhos View Post
Forget that the game is not even over.
Forget that the refs have called a pretty much good game all game.

That phantom hold on the Bengals is proof that the refs are on the take for the Steelers.

That is all.

This is just a business decision that is affected by economics 101...... If the league and the refs who get payed by the league want to keep the coffers as full as possible, they need to keep a fan base the size of the Steelers fat & happy so they will continue buying all kinds of stuff. If you want things to change then you will need to show the NFL how small fan base teams winning games vs. large fan base teams has no effect on the sales of NFL merchandise or advertising revenue. This is not going to happen so get used to it. Don't you remember what happened to the pesky Seahawks and their little fan base when they out played the Steelers in that big game?
For the mathematically challenged I will give a small example: If Steelers win SB we can sell 3,500,000 extra jerseys @ $80ea.= $280,000,000. Not to mention hats etc...
If the Seahawks win the SB....well you get the idea. Thats a lot of money to leave on the table vs. a few well placed holding calls. Sure they took some flack from people because it was so obvious but they never gave all that money back.
It's nothing personal against teams like the Bengals, it's just simple economics and the world we live in.

Look on the bright side; at least we are not MLB with teams allowed to spend 3 and 4+ times as much as other teams and still have the balls to call it a sport. The NFL has laws to keep football as competitive as possible with the salary cap, but anyone who thinks merchandise and advertising sales has no effect on the officiating of select games is living in a dream world where hundreds of millions of dollars is less important than calling a holding penalty at just the right time.

PS. They like to call at least one questionable penalty early in the game that goes against the big market team to prove it happens to both teams.

This post was not intended for Steeler fans, members of the NFL or their affiliates.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32944

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaissance View Post
This is just a business decision that is affected by economics 101...... If the league and the refs who get payed by the league want to keep the coffers as full as possible, they need to keep a fan base the size of the Steelers fat & happy so they will continue buying all kinds of stuff. If you want things to change then you will need to show the NFL how small fan base teams winning games vs. large fan base teams has no effect on the sales of NFL merchandise or advertising revenue. This is not going to happen so get used to it. Don't you remember what happened to the pesky Seahawks and their little fan base when they out played the Steelers in that big game?
For the mathematically challenged I will give a small example: If Steelers win SB we can sell 3,500,000 extra jerseys @ $80ea.= $280,000,000. Not to mention hats etc...
If the Seahawks win the SB....well you get the idea. Thats a lot of money to leave on the table vs. a few well placed holding calls. Sure they took some flack from people because it was so obvious but they never gave all that money back.
It's nothing personal against teams like the Bengals, it's just simple economics and the world we live in.

Look on the bright side; at least we are not MLB with teams allowed to spend 3 and 4+ times as much as other teams and still have the balls to call it a sport. The NFL has laws to keep football as competitive as possible with the salary cap, but anyone who thinks merchandise and advertising sales has no effect on the officiating of select games is living in a dream world where hundreds of millions of dollars is less important than calling a holding penalty at just the right time.

PS. They like to call at least one questionable penalty early in the game that goes against the big market team to prove it happens to both teams.

This post was not intended for Steeler fans, members of the NFL or their affiliates.
Good lord. I bet you're fun to watch a game with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2
QB pressures are better than sacks.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:19 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 14537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
Wow. My dad was right, I will never complain about officiating again. If I was anything like some of you people, I now understand his disapointment in me. Thank you guys for showing me what you shouldn't do.
Go do your homework, kid. Football is an extracurricular activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Yes, they will both have a role. MLJ will be the WR2. And Sanu will be the 5th or 6th receiving option.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 322

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
Go do your homework, kid. Football is an extracurricular activity.
I didn't get any today.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:25 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 91688

Whatever. Bad calls are going to happen sometimes and they happen to everyone. A good/playoff team can overcome those calls and get the job done. I take this game as a learning lesson for Dalton and I think he is the type of guy to learn from this. And it was a great game to watch. Lots of hits and plays being made. Its time to get ready for Ratbirds. They do not scare me at all. Heck, we even beat them last year with our awful team.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggyDigital View Post
Good lord. I bet you're fun to watch a game with.
I usually watch the games with 5 bills fans, 2 NE fans, 2 Steelers fans, 1 Jets fan, and 1 Ravens fan at different sports bars in New York. We do have a lot of fun. Could be because their is drinking involved. I know we are all amazed at what people will do for a few hundred million dollars.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:07 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12362

Quote:

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 11-15-2011, 09:43 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Rep Points: 28022

Quote:
I usually watch the games with 5 bills fans, 2 NE fans, 2 Steelers fans, 1 Jets fan, and 1 Ravens fan at different sports bars in New York. We do have a lot of fun. Could be because their is drinking involved. I know we are all amazed at what people will do for a few hundred million dollars.
I bet if we anonymously polled all the other fans you watch games with, they secretly wish you would watch the game elsewhere...

You're probably that friend/brother/cousin/brother-in-law of the cool guy everyone likes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:46 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
I bet if we anonymously polled all the other fans you watch games with, they secretly wish you would watch the game elsewhere...

You're probably that friend/brother/cousin/brother-in-law of the cool guy everyone likes.
Only the people who watch The League will get this one.

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 11-15-2011, 09:48 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Rep Points: 28022

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
Only the people who watch The League will get this one.

Exactly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:03 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
Exactly...
While we are on the subject we may as well turn this thread into something worthwhile

Old 11-18-2011, 10:21 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6540

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
big shocker, the heroes got their little way. too bad they won't see another title anytime soon, because d bag rodgers is the ultimate golden boy of all times. even the steelers horse shoe up their arse can't save them from mr ultra mega hero extraordinar Aaron "can't throw 1 bad pass to save my life" Rodgers. so we have mike brown to keep us from ever doing anything, and you got aaron rodgers the unbeatable cyborg to deal with. good luck getting him to throw even 1 slightly off target pass
So he's a D Bag because of that?

Okayyy....
Old 11-18-2011, 10:42 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin726 View Post
The Bengals had calls in their favor too.

Don't make excuses. The Steelers played great football all around. Meanwhile, we had a ****-poor display by our secondary , dropped passes, and a critical rookie mistake to seal the game.

They deserve the win, and we deserve the loss.
BS..A steeler fan acting like they like the Bengals..the refs like to slow down the Bengals when their on a roll of scoring..: BS bad calls..
Old 11-18-2011, 10:46 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17495

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhos View Post
Forget that the game is not even over.
Forget that the refs have called a pretty much good game all game.

That phantom hold on the Bengals is proof that the refs are on the take for the Steelers.

That is all.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 4426

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
While we are on the subject we may as well turn this thread into something worthwhile
did someone say worthwhile??

Old 11-19-2011, 04:51 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griever View Post

Ray says Hide yo kids, hide yo wife. He's gonna be climbin' in yo window and snatchin' yo people up!

Guess who's back?!?!
Old 11-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Even as a Bengals fan, threads like this just strike me as disgusting.

You don't see Marvin or any of our players crying about it, because they're
professionals and have class; maybe you should all take a page out of their book.

The calls are the calls. Shut up and just let them play. We lost - deal with it.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lygraf View Post
Even as a Bengals fan, threads like this just strike me as disgusting.

You don't see Marvin or any of our players crying about it, because they're
professionals and have class; maybe you should all take a page out of their book.

The calls are the calls. Shut up and just let them play. We lost - deal with it.
let me guess, you came out of JN, saw the thread title, and then posted that, instead of reading it and realising that its a joke thread.....thumbsdown
Old 11-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludgeon View Post
Ray says Hide yo kids, hide yo wife. He's gonna be climbin' in yo window and snatchin' yo people up!
i always feel safe flying with her, knowing if the plane lands in water i can use them things as flotation devices
Old 11-19-2011, 10:07 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Quote:
let me guess, you came out of JN, saw the thread title, and then posted that, instead of reading it and realising that its a joke thread.....thumbsdown
doesn't look like much of a joke thread to me.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:58 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 60340

Quote:

Griever definitely out kicked his coverage.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Griever definitely out kicked his coverage.
you wont catch me disagreeing with ya beak, i know full well i married out of my league