Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 03-06-2012, 01:04 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 152
Default NFL Draft Countdown Mock

Scott Wright is one of my favorite Draft "experts" he is usually pretty accurate. Here's his latest 2 round mock.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

And he has the Bengals taking
1a. David DeCastro G StanfordSold me--> "This isnt the type of move that will excite a fan base, but DeCastro is one of the safest prospects in this draft and could be a perennial Pro -Bowler for the next decade."

1b. Janoris Jenkins CB FLA/N.ALA
Still too many risks for me to take him in the first round. Pac Man 2.0 right here.

2. Lamar Miller RB Miami
Would be nice to pull a play maker like this in the second. Chris Johnson type?

Would be pretty pumped with our first 3 picks going like this. Altough I would take Dre Kirkpatrick over Jenkins at 21. Kirkpatrick is a play maker in the secondary that we desperately need with a lot less red flags than Jenkins. Thoughts?
Old 03-06-2012, 01:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2631
Default Re: NFL Draft Countdown Mock

I hope DeCastro falls to us at 17, He must not know our fanbase because Im sure this pick would have our fanbase jumping for joy, (Cordy Glenn as well if DeCastro isnt available).

I don't know if Miller will be there for us in the 2nd, but it would be nice, not a bad wishlist though.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19753

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaybengal View Post

Would be pretty pumped with our first 3 picks going like this. Altough I would take Dre Kirkpatrick over Jenkins at 21. Kirkpatrick is a play maker in the secondary that we desperately need with a lot less red flags than Jenkins. Thoughts?
I would be ecstatic about those first three picks.

As for this: if you're looking for a playmaker in the secondary, you should stay away from Kirkpatrick. He has 3 career interceptions in 2 and a half years starting and has never looked comfortable playing man coverage. He could fit in a cover 2 defense, where the corners are just taught to sit in a flat zone and react to the QB's eyes, but he would most likely crash and burn in a man coverage defense like Zimmer's. For a man cover corner, you want either Claiborne, Jenkins, Gilmore, Boykin, Norman, Fleming or Dennard. The rest of the corners in this draft do not project favorably to an aggressive man coverage defense.

I know a lot of people would cringe at the sight of Dennard being drafted, but I could definitely get on board with using a 2nd or 3rd round pick on him or Fleming. They are both very good all around corners, and if Dennard can work out his penalties and over-physicality issues, he could be an asset to an aggressive defense like Zimmer's.

5-4-14
Round 1: CALVIN PRYOR Safety Louisville
Round 2: MARCUS MARTIN Center USC
Round 3: STANLEY JEAN-BAPTISTE CB Nebraska
Round 4: JACK MEWHORT OT OSU
Round 5: TAJH BOYD QB Clemson
Round 6: CODY HOFFMAN WR BYU
Round 6: TREVOR REILLY OLB/DE Utah
Round 7: AARON LYNCH DE South Florida
Round 7: DAMIEN WILLIAMS RB Oklahoma

Last edited by crazyjdawg; 03-06-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:55 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 47019

Quote:
Scott Wright is one of my favorite Draft "experts" he is usually pretty accurate. Here's his latest 2 round mock.

1a. David DeCastro G StanfordSold me--> "This isnt the type of move that will excite a fan base, but DeCastro is one of the safest prospects in this draft and could be a perennial Pro -Bowler for the next decade."

Still too many risks for me to take him in the first round. Pac Man 2.0 right here.

2. Lamar Miller RB Miami

That would be the greatest 1st three picks that would both fill needs and upgrade the positions they fill. If that were to happen, I'd have to sell my truck just to buy season tickets!
Old 03-06-2012, 03:07 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13246

I'd be pretty happy with those picks. It would definitely be filling some needs.

Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Old 03-06-2012, 04:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1367

I just feel that we absolutely have to come out of rd 1 with either DeCastro or Glenn for this to be a successful draft. I think the addition of 1 of those 2 will mean tons to our offensive success.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:33 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20610

Quote:

2. Lamar Miller RB Miami

I feel that one or the other of the first two aren't there because Dallas took them. DeCastro is tops on my list, so I would love that. Kinda hope Dallas does take Jenkins, so we'll never even have to enter that possibly lion's den.

I honestly don't know about Miller. There is just so much mixed reaction from people right here on these boards who are familiar with him. One guy says he can't break tackles, the next guy talks about what a home run threat he is, the next guy talks about his knee or how he had big holes to run through behind a good line.

If you asked ten people to name their favorite RB in this draft not named Richardson, you're gonna get four or five different names. I'm honestly just scratching my head on who should be the RB pick.

I don't have a preference but I do have a hope. I hope whoever it is, he is Jay's choice because he seems to have strong opinions about what he is looking for. His preference turned out pretty well last year.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:52 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19216

Quote:

2. Lamar Miller RB Miami

Red flags? Kirkpatrick got busted for pot, too (said it wasn't his, but that's whatever), and, if he had it once, he's likely had it more, and then one other pot bust, which it's not like he was doing cocaine. The fight was.......... nevermind, I've already addressed all of these points multiple times.

Kirkpatrick isn't exactly a playmaker, especially since he's a zone coverage guy and we'd need him in man.

Jenkins is the best man cover corner to come out in 10 years, and you'd pass on him for issues that aren't even issues anymore?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
That would be the greatest 1st three picks that would both fill needs and upgrade the positions they fill. If that were to happen, I'd have to sell my truck just to buy season tickets!
Would be nice, but we still need another guard in FA, and I doubt that Miller makes it to us in two.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:24 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 963

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
I feel that one or the other of the first two aren't there because Dallas took them. DeCastro is tops on my list, so I would love that. Kinda hope Dallas does take Jenkins, so we'll never even have to enter that possibly lion's den.

I honestly don't know about Miller. There is just so much mixed reaction from people right here on these boards who are familiar with him. One guy says he can't break tackles, the next guy talks about what a home run threat he is, the next guy talks about his knee or how he had big holes to run through behind a good line.

If you asked ten people to name their favorite RB in this draft not named Richardson, you're gonna get four or five different names. I'm honestly just scratching my head on who should be the RB pick.

I don't have a preference but I do have a hope. I hope whoever it is, he is Jay's choice because he seems to have strong opinions about what he is looking for. His preference turned out pretty well last year.
Decastro, yes, run to the podium.

Jenkins, I really hope we take him. If we do, it means he has passed all the research into his character, which undoubtedly will include a long look into his eyes by Zim. My next favorite corner is Gilmore, and I'm seeing more and more mocks with him going in the 1st.

I am totally with your hope for getting the guy that Gruden wants. The situation with RB's this year is very similar to what the QB's looked like last year. Almost what flavor you like. Can we be lucky enough to have the guy Jay wants available in the 2nd round two years in a row?
Old 03-06-2012, 06:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2053

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
I just feel that we absolutely have to come out of rd 1 with either DeCastro or Glenn for this to be a successful draft. I think the addition of 1 of those 2 will mean tons to our offensive success.
Agree and I think we will. Having 2 picks may allow for the organization to throw us a bone for a change. I checked out the salary for the #17 pick the past 3 years recently (who BTW was OLman the past 2 drafts) & It's not likely to cost us alot of dollars for either DeCastro or Glenn.

Post Rookie Wage Scale OT Deal

2011 - #17 OT Nate Solder -
Quote:
The Patriots signed their first-round pick (17th overall) to a four-year deal worth $8.54 million, which includes a $4.7 million signing bonus.
Pre Rookie Wage Scale OG Deal

2010 - #17 OG Mike Iupati -
Quote:
Iupati, an offensive lineman, agreed to a 5 year deal worth $18.25 million with $10.8 million guaranteed, Rotoworld reported.
Just for reference '09 #17 and the closest slot OL drafted in '09.

2009 - #17 QB Josh Freeman -
Quote:
Freeman agreed Thursday night to a five-year, $36 million deal, according to a source. Included in the deal is $10.245 million in guarantees, the source said.
2009 - #21 C Alex Mack -
Quote:
Mack's deal is for five years, 12.20 Million, 8.3 guaranteed a source said. Profootballtalk.com reported Mack's deal was 7.5 percent higher than last year's 21st overall pick, Atlanta left tackle Sam Baker, and includes about 12 percent more guaranteed money. Baker's five-year deal was for $10.5 million and had $8.1 million guaranteed.
So I am thinking 10 or 12 million tops for an OL there with about half gauranteed on a 4-5 year deal. Somewhere between 2 and 2.5 million per year. Bobbie Williams most recent contract(s) '07-'11 averaged 2 million per year up until last season. Another interesting note, 4 of the past 5 drafts have seen OL go with the #17 pick, '08 was Gosder Cherilus to Detroit.

2010 Bengals Draft Prospect Profiles Thread
Link

2011 Bengals Draft Prospect Profiles Thread
Link

E.Bruce/P.Brown/W.Hayes
Old 03-06-2012, 06:43 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
That's just...extraordinarily close minded. There are more than 2 good players in this draft and more than 2 good OGs in this draft. This is a very deep draft for interior offensive linemen.

5-4-14
Old 03-07-2012, 03:19 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

DeCastro is a good pick...

Jenkins would be a terrible pick..His coach at N. Ala. said he had to call Jenkin's GF's house multiple times to get him to come to practice..he has a ton of red flags.

Lamar Miller would be a bad pick..Doug Martin could be our MJD or Ray Rice
Old 03-07-2012, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2759

How anybody would not be thrilled with those picks is beyond me. Too good to be true draft.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:15 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post

Jenkins would be a terrible pick..His coach at N. Ala. said he had to call Jenkin's GF's house multiple times to get him to come to practice..he has a ton of red flags.

You sir couldn't be more wrong about anything you just said except that DeCastro is a good pick.

A wise man once told me, your love life will never get boring if you imagine an 18 year old, turn the lights off, and dont feel around with your hands!
Old 03-07-2012, 03:33 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18185

Quote:

2. Lamar Miller RB Miami

Best 3

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 03-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1441 View Post
You sir couldn't be more wrong about anything you just said except that DeCastro is a good pick.

You sir are entitled to your opinion just as well as i am..& What's up with the Zach Gilafanokis pictures? lol
Old 03-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Red flags? Kirkpatrick got busted for pot, too (said it wasn't his, but that's whatever), and, if he had it once, he's likely had it more, and then one other pot bust, which it's not like he was doing cocaine. The fight was.......... nevermind, I've already addressed all of these points multiple times.

Kirkpatrick isn't exactly a playmaker, especially since he's a zone coverage guy and we'd need him in man.

Jenkins is the best man cover corner to come out in 10 years, and you'd pass on him for issues that aren't even issues anymore?

Would be nice, but we still need another guard in FA, and I doubt that Miller makes it to us in two.
Its not only about his pot busts.He got kicked off the team went to North Alabam and got thrown out of a game for throwing punches.I guess you would be happy with a guy thats going to be suspended every other week or so.Just because he says he learned his lesson doesn't make it so.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:51 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headcase72 View Post
Its not only about his pot busts.He got kicked off the team went to North Alabam and got thrown out of a game for throwing punches.I guess you would be happy with a guy thats going to be suspended every other week or so.Just because he says he learned his lesson doesn't make it so.
He was kicked off of the team because of the pot busts, and then was thrown out of a game because he threw a punch, which, if you watch the video, it looks like it was just after a fight, and he doesn't even throw the punch looking at the guy- he just kind of throws his arm up off to the side, so how much damage did he really think he was going to do?
Old 03-08-2012, 01:14 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 370

There is a really good chance that all 3 of these players are gone at the time of their picks. I like the fact that you are feeling OL,RB,and DB in your top three picks. I think that a more realistic top three that would be there are as follows:

17. Cordy Glenn
21. Lamar Miller
53. Harrison Smith/Chase Minnifield/Jayron Hosley

I think that DeCastro and Jenkins will both be gone by 17, and that Glenn will be gone at 21. My scenario gives us the #2 rated Guard and #2 rated RB in the draft. Chances are that Harrison Smith and Stephon Gilmore are gone at #53, and I hope that with that pick we get the highest rated DB left in the draft. I am really hoping that Mikey spends some money on free agents in the secondary and a #2 receiver. I guess we all have to wait and see.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Thomas 17 View Post
Decastro, yes, run to the podium.

Jenkins, I really hope we take him. If we do, it means he has passed all the research into his character, which undoubtedly will include a long look into his eyes by Zim. My next favorite corner is Gilmore, and I'm seeing more and more mocks with him going in the 1st.

I am totally with your hope for getting the guy that Gruden wants. The situation with RB's this year is very similar to what the QB's looked like last year. Almost what flavor you like. Can we be lucky enough to have the guy Jay wants available in the 2nd round two years in a row?
this rb thing is easy for me. his name is ROBERT TURBIN. NUFF SAID.gruden likes him and he also likes a few of the others not named trent. trent will probably be gone by the 2nd. i think the steelers will take ROBERT TURBIN IF HE IS SITTING THERE. he is just the kind of big strong back they like, and so do i.just sayin.remember, this guy benched 225 36 times. ran his best 40 at 4.44. caught everything thrown at him, ran his patterns super good and i think he is a quality person. the browns and steelers are both liking him. he would be a pounder for our 3rd and ones. just sayin. the smaller backs will get beat up and worn down. all of you gotta know, our division is a run the ball , run the ball. all the backs the steelers have are monsters in size and hard to bring down.thats what we need to wear down the d's and keep them off our qb. cid could not get the 1st down to save himself. he was so hard to watch him screw up his reads or get plastered behind the line. it was sickening. i want a stud back that can delilver the blows time after time.this guy has big hands also, would be hard to strip him of the ball.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:31 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post

Making things up about Jenkins, I see.

Clever.

Sure, his coach called him at his girlfriend's house. But he didn't say it was because Jenkins didn't show up to practice. Coaches call their players all the time. That's a relationship right there. Of course his coach is going to call him, and if he's not home, he's gonna call him at his girlfriend's house.

This isn't strange. The strange part was his coach didn't know he had 4 kids, but it isn't a work ethic issue like you're implying.

5-4-14
Old 03-10-2012, 10:34 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 71

Like first 2. Would takeDT Brandon Thompson from Clemson in round 2. With Sims gone we need a big grinder back there. C Polk should be available in round 3 at RB. He will be a star in the Bengals O scheme.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:47 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 37595

Quote:

2. Lamar Miller RB Miami

I'd rather get stabbed to death with a spoon than see us draft Jenkins. DeCastro, I'll take and Miller in the second would be fine with me.
#1 seed in playoffs.
That's gonna happen.

The Patriots, Steelers and
Giants got fat while the Bengals
starved in the streets. It's our turn.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:02 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 152

I would be more happy with this...same positions just two different guys.

1. David DeCastro OG- Safest pick, will end up being an 8 yr above average starter at worst. I think he will be a pro bowler for years to come. Here's why we SHOULD take him IF he is there no question. Scouting Report--> http://thedctimes.com/2012/01/dallas...ro-g-stanford/

1b. Dre Kirtpatrick CB- An overall CB that will come up and hit you. Also you know he was taught well under Nick Saban... Like him better than Jenkins. Still too many red flags with Jenkins.(Yes, Dre was caught with MJ in his car...was his passengers and charges were later dropped) He got kicked out of FLA and was still getting in trouble(kicked out of a game) at N. ALA. He isn't going to change who he really is that fast and it's just going to get harder when he gets piad$$. ie. PAC MAN JONES.... scouting report on Dre.-> http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2...e-kirkpatrick/ watch the videos.. love his physicality.

2. Doug Martin RB - Just reminds me of Ray Rice and MJD so much. Feel like this guys is going to be a play maker in the league. Also think Lamar Miller is a little overrated just based off of his speed, not a complete back.

Last edited by ezaybengal; 03-17-2012 at 09:43 AM.