Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 03-11-2012, 03:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2804
Default Finso mock

I'm assuming the Bengals sign their own on defense and do nothing on the open market.

1a. Decastro OG Stanford
As much as I want to be different with this pick, I just can't pass up on this guy if he is available.
It doesn't take a special player to be very productive at this position for many years and these types of players can be found later.
The problem is the Bengals can't seem to find them or develop them.

1b. Barron SS Bama
This team has had a pair of the worst starting safeties for years. Although Reggie has played average which is special for this team. They still need to upgrade. DB is deep and safety is thin in this draft, so if the best overall safety is starring you in the face you jump on this gift.

2. Mychal Kendricks ILB/OLB Cal
LB is a huge need for this team. Rey is an unpredictable drunk and Moch and Mulckeroy are questions as well.
Kendricks was the Pac-12 D player of the year and showed why at the combine.
He is the explosive, tackling, playmaker this team needs in the middle.
I've seen him as early as the second round but this may also be a reach. One I'd be willing to take.

3. Brandon Washington OG/OT U
Nate Livings blows and Bobbie can't stay productive without PED's.
There is no doubt this team could use 2 OG's. The great thing about Washington is he can jump outside and fill the void if or when Andre the Giant gets his extension and falls apart.

4. Jayron Hosley DB Va.Tech
His performance declined from his Soph to Junior season but that was due to minor injuries.
His stock may have climbed a bit due to the combine but I believe he'll survive the run on DB's the first two rounds and he'll be available here. He's a smaller guy who plays bigger and ran a 4.38 at the combine.

5. Bernard Pierce RB Temple
With the Oline loaded due to the previous selections running back is easy and I'm not big on taking a dime-a-dozen position early.
Pierce is a big but smooth and shifty back who could play every down.

6. Devier Posey WR Ohio St.
He may go earlier, he may go UFA. If he's here I'd like to have him.

7. Junior Hemingway WR Michigan
He has very small hands. Jerome has very large hands. Whatever 7th round.

Last edited by finso; 03-11-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3793
Default Re: Finso mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by finso View Post
I'm assuming the Bengals sign their own on defense and do nothing on the open market.

1a. Decastro OG Stanford
As much as I want to be different with this pick, I just can't pass up on this guy if he is available.
It doesn't take a special player to be very productive at this position for many years and these types of players can be found later.

1b. Barron SS Bama
This team has had a pair of the worst starting safeties for years. Although Reggie has played average which is special for this team. They still need to upgrade. DB is deep and safety is thin in this draft, so if the best overall safety is starring you in the face you jump on this gift.

LB is a huge need for this team. Rey is an unpredictable drunk and Moch and Mulckeroy are questions as well.
I've seen him as early as the second round but this may also be a reach. One I'd be willing to take.

There is no doubt this team could use 2 OG's. The great thing about Washington is he can jump outside and fill the void if or when Andre the Giant gets his extension and falls apart.

His performance declined from his Soph to Junior season but that was due to minor injuries.
His stock may have climbed a bit due to the combine but I believe he'll survive the run on DB's the first two rounds and he'll be available here. He's a smaller guy who plays bigger and ran a 4.38 at the combine.

With the Oline loaded due to the previous selections running back is easy and I'm not big on taking a dime-a-dozen position early.

Indifferent with this.

I wouldn't mind this draft if we pick up a starting running back and corner in the free agency. If not then you have to feel FO need to address this early in the draft. Guard is an issue but not more so than corner in my opinion.

Edit: Having said that I think you are dead right with your first round. If both those players are on the board then they will get selected. Barron may be a slight reach but he will be a lot better than what we have now.

Forever indebted to NashvilleBengalfan for his stroke of artistic genius.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:32 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8978

Quote:

1a. Decastro OG Stanford

1b. Barron SS Bama

hosley would be great 4th round pick if he lasts that long
4th Cam Thomas CB
4th Brandon Ivory DT
5th Jarvis Harrison G
5th Cedric Reed DE
6th Malcolm Brown RB
7th Derrick Malone LB
2014 draft
1st Deone Bucannon S
2nd Cyrus Kouandjio T
3rd Pierre Desir CB
UDFA Keith Smith LB
UDFA Austin Franklin WR
UDFA Dede Lattimore LB
UDFA Jerome Smith RB
UDFA Chaz Sutton DE
UDFA Josh Stewart WR
UDFA Avery Patterson CB
UDFA Antonio Andrews RB
Old 03-27-2012, 04:54 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2804

Quote:

1a. Decastro OG Stanford

1b. Barron SS Bama

I tought about doing another since FA is basically over. But this still looks like the best one out there. Just move Devier and Junior up a round.

Last edited by finso; 03-27-2012 at 04:57 PM.