Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch > The Lounge

The Lounge Your own cool little spot to call your own. Pass me a drink.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #34226  
Old 03-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Packerbacker09 Packerbacker09 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,945
Rep Points: 4934
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinc4ever1 View Post
Just going over what has happened in free agency thus far, and enjoying the nice weather. And you?



Problem is our owner doesn't care about his team nearly as much as the Pats and well most of the teams in the NFL.

This OG were bringing for a visit is a freaking joke, I know it is typical Bengal stuff, but this Bell is not better then who we already had on the team. I would only hope it is for depth as well. But we have to find a few starters in FA cause there is no way we fill all the holes we have through the draft.
Pretty much the exact same thing as you. Marshall to the Bears can be scary for us. I really think the Bears are going to be back on top next year battling with us.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34227  
Old 03-13-2012, 11:42 PM
cinc4ever1's Avatar
cinc4ever1 cinc4ever1 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Springfield,IL
Posts: 17,382
Rep Points: 21901
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerbacker09 View Post
Pretty much the exact same thing as you. Marshall to the Bears can be scary for us. I really think the Bears are going to be back on top next year battling with us.

I don't know. The Bears still have a awful offensive line, and if that isn't fixed then it really don't matter who his WR's are. Still a good move for what the deal was worth, and Cutler and marshall know each other well.

Also there is a rumor going around that the Bears are after Mario Williams.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34228  
Old 03-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Packerbacker09 Packerbacker09 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,945
Rep Points: 4934
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinc4ever1 View Post
I don't know. The Bears still have a awful offensive line, and if that isn't fixed then it really don't matter who his WR's are. Still a good move for what the deal was worth, and Cutler and marshall know each other well.

Also there is a rumor going around that the Bears are after Mario Williams.
I heard we were after him as well. What teams do you see being contenders next season Cinc?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34229  
Old 03-13-2012, 11:51 PM
cinc4ever1's Avatar
cinc4ever1 cinc4ever1 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Springfield,IL
Posts: 17,382
Rep Points: 21901
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerbacker09 View Post
I heard we were after him as well. What teams do you see being contenders next season Cinc?

Same as last year pretty much. I doubt the Bengals make it back though, and I think the Lions take a step back for some reason. Can't say about alot of others right now until after free agency.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34230  
Old 03-14-2012, 03:01 PM
cinc4ever1's Avatar
cinc4ever1 cinc4ever1 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Springfield,IL
Posts: 17,382
Rep Points: 21901
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Well Jungle Noise is in full affect today.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34231  
Old 03-14-2012, 08:03 PM
CloeHokie's Avatar
CloeHokie CloeHokie is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hokieland
Posts: 26,306
Rep Points: 91641
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinc4ever1 View Post
Well Jungle Noise is in full affect today.
As it should be. A team with the most cap room cant even sign its own players. This has been a pathetic start. We did not even look at any good OGs. We are going to lose Rucker, Fanane, and Nelson. We dont have enough draft picks to fix this mess. Say goodbye to Sims and others too I bet. Trying to not be negative but this has been a huge pathetic showing for the cap space we have.
__________________
"It is only when we forget all our learning that we begin to know" - Thoreau
Reply With Quote
  #34232  
Old 03-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Bengal Dude's Avatar
Bengal Dude Bengal Dude is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 38,862
Rep Points: 50487
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloeHokie View Post
As it should be. A team with the most cap room cant even sign its own players. This has been a pathetic start. We did not even look at any good OGs. We are going to lose Rucker, Fanane, and Nelson. We dont have enough draft picks to fix this mess. Say goodbye to Sims and others too I bet. Trying to not be negative but this has been a huge pathetic showing for the cap space we have.
It's Mike Brown doing what he does. Apparently we're going to hand all this money out to Dalton, Green, Atkins, and MJ.
__________________

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-218
Reply With Quote
  #34233  
Old 03-14-2012, 09:55 PM
AlaskanHero AlaskanHero is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 327
Rep Points: 864
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Losing Fanene and Rucker hurts, though considering the team only want them as rotation guys I can understand not wanting to give them 4 mil per year. Replacing them - or at least what they gave us - shouldn't be too hard, but the the key is the team will have to spend the money to get those guys (something the team doesn't seem totally keen on doing). Might even have to go with a guy like Dequin Evans who got a lot of good press during last season's training camp.

Personally, I think it's too early for all out panic, but the team has earned a bit of fan grousing.
Reply With Quote
  #34234  
Old 03-15-2012, 07:29 AM
savagehenry54's Avatar
savagehenry54 savagehenry54 is online now
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,979
Rep Points: 35415
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Dude View Post
It's Mike Brown doing what he does. Apparently we're going to hand all this money out to Dalton, Green, Atkins, and MJ.
I love Hobson saying "The Bengals spent the first day of FA ......blah blah blah".

Keep it real Hobspin, Mike Brown is spending FA sitting on his pocket book, just like he always does.

A buddy of mine told me flat out, what do you really think MB is going to do in the last year that he can low ball his payroll so much? Throw money around? Haha, not happenin'.

I knew it when he said it, he was spot on, just didn't wanna believe it.
__________________
Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak started in 1991 and now its over. The Bengals streak of not winning a playoff game started in 91 too. So now I'm just waiting on the other shoe to drop.
Reply With Quote
  #34235  
Old 03-15-2012, 09:12 AM
Bengal Dude's Avatar
Bengal Dude Bengal Dude is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 38,862
Rep Points: 50487
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
I love Hobson saying "The Bengals spent the first day of FA ......blah blah blah".

Keep it real Hobspin, Mike Brown is spending FA sitting on his pocket book, just like he always does.

A buddy of mine told me flat out, what do you really think MB is going to do in the last year that he can low ball his payroll so much? Throw money around? Haha, not happenin'.

I knew it when he said it, he was spot on, just didn't wanna believe it.
Just another day in paradise with this team.
__________________

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-218
Reply With Quote
  #34236  
Old 03-15-2012, 09:17 AM
Stewy's Avatar
Stewy Stewy is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Into the Void.......
Posts: 6,311
Rep Points: 26846
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
I love Hobson saying "The Bengals spent the first day of FA ......blah blah blah".

Keep it real Hobspin, Mike Brown is spending FA sitting on his pocket book, just like he always does.

A buddy of mine told me flat out, what do you really think MB is going to do in the last year that he can low ball his payroll so much? Throw money around? Haha, not happenin'.

I knew it when he said it, he was spot on, just didn't wanna believe it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Dude View Post
Just another day in paradise with this team.
I am not a big optimist and definitely not a homer, but I hold out one hope.....that there is a reasonable PLAN. We may not get told the plan. We may not like the plan, but I hope there IS a reasonable/logical plan.

This is my hope cause it sure doesn't SEEM like there is a plan. lol
__________________
cheers!

-Stewwy
---------------------------------------------------
ESPN has the journalistic integrity of a turnip!
Reply With Quote
  #34237  
Old 03-15-2012, 08:35 PM
cinc4ever1's Avatar
cinc4ever1 cinc4ever1 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Springfield,IL
Posts: 17,382
Rep Points: 21901
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Sure would be nice to wake up and see Porter has signed on with the Bengals.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34238  
Old 03-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Bengal Dude's Avatar
Bengal Dude Bengal Dude is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 38,862
Rep Points: 50487
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinc4ever1 View Post
Sure would be nice to wake up and see Porter has signed on with the Bengals.
Porter and Langford are what I'm hoping for.
__________________

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-218
Reply With Quote
  #34239  
Old 03-15-2012, 09:11 PM
wolfkaosaun's Avatar
wolfkaosaun wolfkaosaun is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 6,469
Rep Points: 9673
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Dude View Post
Porter and Langford are what I'm hoping for.
I want both of them. Not really big into Langford, but I like him.

I definitely want Porter for sure though
__________________

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Reply With Quote
  #34240  
Old 03-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Bengal Dude's Avatar
Bengal Dude Bengal Dude is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 38,862
Rep Points: 50487
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
I want both of them. Not really big into Langford, but I like him.

I definitely want Porter for sure though
Considering we lost Rucker and Fanene, I think that puts more emphasis on Langford.
__________________

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-218
Reply With Quote
  #34241  
Old 03-16-2012, 12:22 AM
savagehenry54's Avatar
savagehenry54 savagehenry54 is online now
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,979
Rep Points: 35415
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Dude View Post
Just another day in paradise with this team.
Bengal Fans Wanted:

Requirement:
Iron balls with equal spirit to those once fired by pirates at British Man o Wars when sinking into shark infested waters was inevitable and one's only potential rescue was into the hands of those who would hang you within the week.

Preferred:
Willingness to spend money on a product that not only fails to deliver, but neglects to even try.
__________________
Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak started in 1991 and now its over. The Bengals streak of not winning a playoff game started in 91 too. So now I'm just waiting on the other shoe to drop.
Reply With Quote
  #34242  
Old 03-16-2012, 01:43 AM
cinc4ever1's Avatar
cinc4ever1 cinc4ever1 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Springfield,IL
Posts: 17,382
Rep Points: 21901
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Dude View Post
Considering we lost Rucker and Fanene, I think that puts more emphasis on Langford.

Pretty much makes signing him a must.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
Bengal Fans Wanted:

Requirement:
Iron balls with equal spirit to those once fired by pirates at British Man o Wars when sinking into shark infested waters was inevitable and one's only potential rescue was into the hands of those who would hang you within the week.

Preferred:
Willingness to spend money on a product that not only fails to deliver, but neglects to even try.
So far this has been one of the worst free agencys I have witnessed as a Bengal fan. And I have been a fan since the late 80's.

Hope things pick up soon.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34243  
Old 03-16-2012, 03:07 PM
cinc4ever1's Avatar
cinc4ever1 cinc4ever1 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Springfield,IL
Posts: 17,382
Rep Points: 21901
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

What a freaking joke FA is for us.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34244  
Old 03-16-2012, 06:55 PM
savagehenry54's Avatar
savagehenry54 savagehenry54 is online now
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Columbus
Posts: 13,979
Rep Points: 35415
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinc4ever1 View Post
What a freaking joke FA is for us.
Still no one four days into it, unless I missed some news somewhere. smh
__________________
Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak started in 1991 and now its over. The Bengals streak of not winning a playoff game started in 91 too. So now I'm just waiting on the other shoe to drop.
Reply With Quote
  #34245  
Old 03-16-2012, 07:23 PM
cinc4ever1's Avatar
cinc4ever1 cinc4ever1 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Springfield,IL
Posts: 17,382
Rep Points: 21901
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
Still no one four days into it, unless I missed some news somewhere. smh

It's so hard to unerstand what were waiting for now. We sat back and watched as most the big names came off the market, and now we are dealing with smaller card players. Yet still nothing..not even one of our own brought back.

Guess were waiting for waiting for the samllest fish in the sea.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34246  
Old 03-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Bengalrocker's Avatar
Bengalrocker Bengalrocker is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: OSU
Posts: 8,558
Rep Points: 11407
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

I'm completely baffled as to why we haven't signed one, not one single player yet.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34247  
Old 03-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Bengal Dude's Avatar
Bengal Dude Bengal Dude is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 38,862
Rep Points: 50487
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalrocker View Post
I'm completely baffled as to why we haven't signed one, not one single player yet.
I'm sure we'll land Bush or Law Firm and Hobson will be forced to tell us it was a successful free agency.
__________________

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-218
Reply With Quote
  #34248  
Old 03-16-2012, 10:00 PM
Bengalrocker's Avatar
Bengalrocker Bengalrocker is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: OSU
Posts: 8,558
Rep Points: 11407
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Dude View Post
I'm sure we'll land Bush or Law Firm and Hobson will be forced to tell us it was a successful free agency.
That will help, but it doesn't stop the fact that the Bengals told everyone they planned on signing
their own, and yet we have no signed one of our own unrestricted free agents. It's ridiculous.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34249  
Old 03-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Bengal Dude's Avatar
Bengal Dude Bengal Dude is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 38,862
Rep Points: 50487
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalrocker View Post
That will help, but it doesn't stop the fact that the Bengals told everyone they planned on signing
their own, and yet we have no signed one of our own unrestricted free agents. It's ridiculous.
That's what has irritated me. We're told over and over how we plan on re-signing our own guys. I know some are guys we plan on extending before they get close to free agency but come on!

It makes me wonder if these guys will want come back after all this.
__________________

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-218
Reply With Quote
  #34250  
Old 03-17-2012, 12:43 AM
busamboy's Avatar
busamboy busamboy is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: liberty township
Posts: 9,072
Rep Points: 41137
Default Re: The Lounge 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewy View Post
I am not a big optimist and definitely not a homer, but I hold out one hope.....that there is a reasonable PLAN. We may not get told the plan. We may not like the plan, but I hope there IS a reasonable/logical plan.

This is my hope cause it sure doesn't SEEM like there is a plan. lol
In all honesty, there is supposed to be some sort of record number of free agents this year. So there is plenty to fall back on, but i am also a realist
__________________
The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
baboon barrel racing, bengals23 hates eox, big nutty snacks, cbf, cheese wheel sculptures, emoxyod, eox hates bengals23, fresno state wac champs., harleydog, hearusroar thumbsup, hearusroar's awesomeness, hearusroar's lameness, heretic, i love beer and whiskey!, my home away from home!, pink tacos rule, seadragon, tacos rule, vcu rams sex appeal, vcu's attraction to rams

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.