Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:24 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7550
Default Tebow Should Be With Jaguars, Not Jets.....Not Good For Anybody

All Tebow does is WIN......don't give me the other stats.....the most important stat is WINNING.....Denver was awful before Tebow went in as QB in 2011.

Jacksonville Fans would have been excited over Tebow and would have sold out the stadium, all games in 2012....Forget the other QB there.....Tebow was more than worth a try in Jacksonville.

Denver got Peyton Manning....OK, that makes sense, if he can play......

The Jets though......They already say Sanchez is the QB.....They intend to use Tebow on some trick plays.....

Tebow earned a chance to start in the NFL by taking over a very bad Denver team and getting them into the play-offs. ....

...Now he may never start in the NFL again.....Thanks to the Jets, and Elway making the trade.

It should have been Jacksonville.....they offered a better trade to Elway than Jets.....For whatever reason, Elway and now Jets have stuck it to Tebow.....It should have been Jacksonville.....and if Browns had any sense, they would have wanted Tebow because he wins and Browns never win.

Plus all ESPN of New York will ever talk about now is Sanchez and Tebow as long as they are both there.

The experts said Tebow couldn't be an NFL QB.....Tebow turned around lousy Broncos....won, won, won and got team to play-offs.....Now experts say Tebow is done as an NFL QB.........Alot of NFL fans want Tebow to have a chance to play......One of the NFLs most exciting young talents has been exiled to a team that has no intention of starting him, and thats a shame considering some NFL teams that are in dire need of a Tebow at starting QB.....

My hope is a team like Jacksonville may make Jets a trade they can't refuse....It would be better for everybody.

Last edited by kevin; 04-07-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7105
Default Re: Tebow Should Be With Jaguars, Not Jets.....Not Good For Anybody

Tebow has no business playing QB at this level. I'm sick of hearing all of this "all he does is win" BS because it's simply not true. If anything, the Broncos won in spite of Tebow's horrid play at QB. It was only a coincidence that they started winning when Orton was benched because in reality, Tebow played no better. The Broncos defense stepped up and kept them in the game, while Tebow was simply present for fluke win after fluke win after 55 minutes of God-awful QB play.

If Tebow was an NFL caliber QB, coach Fox wouldn't have had to dumb down the scheme to a high-school level spread offense.

Elway did the right thing by bringing in Peyton, it was the only way he could justify getting rid of Tebow without millions of delusional Tebow fans rioting throughout Denver.

Tebow is a backup in NY, and will either change positions or remain a backup for the rest of his career.

Last edited by pat5775; 04-07-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:32 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73607

You know who else was a winner? Vince Young
You know who else was a winner? Rex Grossman
Old 04-07-2012, 11:16 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3241
jets Re: Tebow Should Be With Jaguars, Not Jets.....Not Good For Anybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
Rex Grossman was a winner? Coincidentally both of those guys had injury issues and both of those guys are out of jobs too lol. Oh yeah and they both had great defenses!
Old 04-08-2012, 08:04 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10585

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
All Tebow does is WIN......blah blah blah blah.....blah blah blah blah.....Denver was awful before Tebow blah blah blah blah.

Jacksonville Fans would have been excited blah blah blah blah....Forget the other QB there.....Tebow was blah blah blah blah.

Denver got Peyton Manning....blah blah blah blah......

The Jets though......They already say Sanchez is the QB....blah blah blah blah.....

Tebow earned a chance to startblah blah blah blah. ....

...Now he may never start in the NFL again.....blah blah blah blah.

It should have been Jacksonville.....blah blah blah blah.....blah blah blah blah.....It should have been Jacksonville.....and if Browns had any sense, blah blah blah blah Browns never win.

Plus all ESPN of New York will ever talk about now is blah blah blah blah.

The experts said blah blah blah blah.....Tebow turned around lousy Broncos....blah blah blah blah.....Now experts say Tebow blah blah blah blah.........Alot of NFL fans want blah blah blah blah......One of the NFLs most exciting young talents has been exiled to a team that has no intention of starting him, and thats a shame considering blah blah blah blah Tebow at starting QB.....

My hope is a team like Jacksonville may make Jets a trade they can't refuse.... blah blah blah blah
F*** the Jets, f** the Broncos and f*** Jacksonville. All Andy Dalton does is win with no fanfare.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1

Last edited by Lawless_1; 04-08-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:19 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinabengalfanguy View Post
Rex Grossman was a winner? Coincidentally both of those guys had injury issues and both of those guys are out of jobs too lol. Oh yeah and they both had great defenses!
The point of the comparison is that Rex Grossman "led" a 13-3 Bears team to the Super Bowl by riding the defense and Devin Hester. I always bring up Sexy Rexy when people go on rants about WINS WINS WINS being all that matters.

Face it, Sexy Rexy "WON" more in one season than the Bengals ever have, and that right there shows the inaccuracy of making wins the bottom line when judging a QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
F*** the Jets, f** the Broncos and f*** Jacksonville. All Andy Dalton does is win with no fanfare.
Dude, I think we all like Andy Dalton around these parts, but saying all he does is "win" makes even less sense than the Tebow hyperbole.

Last edited by Nately120; 04-08-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:52 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
Well keep in mind Dalton was not the first sophomore to win the Heisman Trophy... (let's be real, that's where all the Tebow hype came from)

I can only imagine how hyped up Archie Griffin was for being the first to win 2 Heismans...

Wait until a freshman win's it... He will have a media squadron following him for life
Old 04-08-2012, 02:37 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

It ****** me off how people think Tebow single-handedly won all those games. The game he won against the Bears, he went 21-40 with a TD and an INT, and won because Marion Barber didn't stay in bounds and stopped the clock. His defense CONSTANTLY put him in position to win the game, and sometimes he did, but most of the time he went 3 and out.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5906

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat5775 View Post
Well keep in mind Dalton was not the first sophomore to win the Heisman Trophy... (let's be real, that's where all the Tebow hype came from)

I can only imagine how hyped up Archie Griffin was for being the first to win 2 Heismans...

Wait until a freshman win's it... He will have a media squadron following him for life
Adrian Peterson should've been one of the first to of the True Freshmen to win it. I was pretty upset about it because it's political and not given to the best player in the land.... Just saying.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...otball-history

If former Oklahoma star running back Adrian Peterson hadn't been a freshman back in 2004, the Heisman Trophy likely would have been his that year.

Peterson finished third in the country with 1,925 rushing yards, and he scored 15 touchdowns that season as he helped guide Oklahoma to a berth in the Orange Bowl, but Peterson was edged out by USC QB Matt Leinart.

Leinart not only beat him for the Heisman, he also ended up coming away with the national championship trophy in the Orange Bowl a month later. But if you stack up their respective regular seasons, it's obvious that Peterson had the more Heisman-worthy campaign.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:39 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 28268

I'll laugh my butt off if Tim Tebow beats out Marc Sanchez for the starting job in New York. or, alternatively, if the Jets start to lose, I'll laugh even harder when all the fans start chanting, "Te-bow! Te-bow!" and put up billboards urging Rex Ryan to start him.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:02 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
I'll laugh my butt off if Tim Tebow beats out Marc Sanchez for the starting job in New York. or, alternatively, if the Jets start to lose, I'll laugh even harder when all the fans start chanting, "Te-bow! Te-bow!" and put up billboards urging Rex Ryan to start him.
I would too....but for some reason I think he will beat Sanchez out midway during the season
Old 04-10-2012, 09:36 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
I don't know if the New York Tebow fanbase is as passionate (i.e. insane) as those in Denver.. but who knows? Sanchez really isn't all that great... it is possible he will be benched at some point... Then of course, Tebow will be the starting QB and the Jets will be in a whole world of trouble...

The Jets are screwed haha
Old 04-10-2012, 01:34 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinabengalfanguy View Post
you know who hasnt had a season with less than 10 wins sense becoming a starting QB...

Flacco..

Tebow giving all his florida fateful the cold sholder was wrong!! mark sanchez will be on fire this year
Old 04-10-2012, 05:52 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7812

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
you know who hasnt had a season with less than 10 wins sense becoming a starting QB...

Flacco..

Tebow giving all his florida fateful the cold sholder was wrong!! mark sanchez will be on fire this year
The Ravens went 9-7 in 2009. Flacco has been staring since 2008. Something's wrong with your facts.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 04-10-2012, 07:06 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13031

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
Joey. Harrington.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
Joey. Harrington.
What about the Colts? Colt Brennan and Colt McCoy? They were "winners" in college too.

How about Tony Pike?

Dan LeFevour anyone??
Old 04-11-2012, 02:11 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
The Ravens went 9-7 in 2009. Flacco has been staring since 2008. Something's wrong with your facts.
dangit i was just quoting flacco....

ohhh but they also went to the playoffs in 09 and won a game right?
Old 04-11-2012, 02:12 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat5775 View Post
What about the Colts? Colt Brennan and Colt McCoy? They were "winners" in college too.

How about Tony Pike?

Dan LeFevour anyone??
He Tebow would be a good FB/RB or maybe a TE... but why does he want to play QB?
Old 04-11-2012, 02:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
He Tebow would be a good FB/RB or maybe a TE... but why does he want to play QB?
No idea, maybe he's just too stubborn to change positions.

At FB/RB I have little doubt he'd do well, but TE? Who knows. I've never seen him catch or really block so that's a pretty big question mark (but not as big of a question mark as Tebow at QB )
Old 04-11-2012, 04:07 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7812

Quote:
dangit i was just quoting flacco....

ohhh but they also went to the playoffs in 09 and won a game right?
That's reaching a tad isn't it?

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi