Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:34 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1018
Default Re: Nobody should pass the ball on us....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Newman and Jones have some nice wheels
Why would they need to catch Wallace....can't catch a ball at home on e couch
Old 04-14-2012, 02:45 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12610

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
Whole Achilles thing might hamper him for a year
True enough; Jason Allen had a 4.39 - a step slower than Hall. Newman had a 4.37 coming out of college, so take that with a grain of salt. Reggie Nelson ran a 4.35 at his pro day, and Jones ran a 4.38 at his. Taylor Mays ran a 4.31 - wow; speed kills if he can work his hips. I can't find anything on Sands, but with everyone else, we have speed that can cover the top-speed receivers which was the original point.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:00 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2346

The reason I think our secondary will be great is actually because of our pass rush. We have a lot of veteran guys, with a lot of skill, that won't have to chase WR's around forever. Remember when we had JoJo and Hall, (maybe the best combo in the NFL at the time) and we had no pass rush. They never got the full respect they deserved because teams would have WAY too much time and coverages will eventually break down.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:02 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10436

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
True enough; Jason Allen had a 4.39 - a step slower than Hall. Newman had a 4.37 coming out of college, so take that with a grain of salt. Reggie Nelson ran a 4.35 at his pro day, and Jones ran a 4.38 at his. Taylor Mays ran a 4.31 - wow; speed kills if he can work his hips. I can't find anything on Sands, but with everyone else, we have speed that can cover the top-speed receivers which was the original point.
So, essentially, the whole freakin' backfield/secondary runs under a 4.40 (on paper). That's pretty good. I wonder if any other team can say that?
Old 04-14-2012, 07:47 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals098584 View Post
With all these corneracks we have we shouldn't give up alot of passing yards and we have a good front 4 as well. This is a passing league and I'm glad we signed all the corners. Im excited about next season and taylor mays (im a usc fan lol)

Hall, clements, pacman,newman,allen....shut down city

shut down??

NONE of those guys on there are true shutdown corners, even before leon got hurt i did not have him that high, and we still have a safety problem, nelson is ok, hes solid, the other position is a huge? with players that havent proven squat other than they are athletic.

To put it simply (unless this group proves to me otherwise during the season) our front 4 better get some serious pressure this year or our secondary is gonna get tore up.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:49 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 17152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
The thing about Newman is that he was Dallas' #1 CB last year. He will be our nickel at best, which will be easier for him. I'm hoping he has a good season for us.
Exactly, and not only was he the #1 CB, but he started the year out well and then slipped in the end. In our rotation, playing more nickle and with fresher legs he will really do well I think. I really think he was a good signing.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:56 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17822

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals098584 View Post
Ya allen can toi think but hall No, hes not a speed guy. But that's why I like our depth we can mix and match where needed. Hall and clements on posession receivers and other on speed.
Yes he is a speed guy, stop it.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 04-14-2012, 02:11 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
We have quantity over quality right now.

I'd say we have a slightly above average starting CB core, but it is probably one of the deepest in the league.
wish you would get HER off of there , I can,t read anything you wrote ,, She's what you call a keeper
Old 04-15-2012, 09:43 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 844
Default Re: Definitely

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostpoet View Post
I agree, this would be a great secondary for Madden 08.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1853

Really? Combine speed? Ask yourself just how much faster you are at 30 than you were at 22. We get faster with age, right? With my cane at 53 I bet I could burn Herbert Hoover still.
Point being these guys all left the combine building more than a couple of moons ago. They're going to have to rely on smarts and experience because 6-7 years and more after your prime training and experience is how they get the job done.
Speed may well kill, but at 30+ it usually happens in a car. I have a feeling the league isn't permitting driving on the field this year.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:28 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 431

If Hall is healthy we will be much improved. I'm hoping we will be drafting the corner from South Carolina. Clements is a great veteran but has lost a step and so had perhaps Newman. If not, why was he put on waivers in Dallas? It's going to be an interesting season as always in Cincinnati.