Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 04-18-2012, 05:32 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 24451
Default New York Giants mock

A lot has been said about the Bengals being like the Pats and Steelers and building through the draft. I want to be like the team that's the current champion of the league, the New York Giants. The Giants win Superbowls because they have a great rotation of very good players on the defensive line. My idea is to beef the d-line on a steroidal level in the first round. here goes:

RD1: Quinton Coples, DE, UNC. Most talented DE on the market. Will likely fall due to concerns about effort. Reminds me of a guy named Dunlap. Bookend these two and you have a nightmare for opposing qbs.

RD!: Michael Brockers, DT, LSU. A big, long armed DT to play the run and wrangle qbs in the pocket. Rotate him with our guys and we have an elite 4-3 line and one of the major keys to beating good quarterbacks.

the rest:

RD2: Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin
RD3: Trumaine Johnson, B Montana
RD4: Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State (Would be a good WC back. Can catch and is big and strong to pound it between the tackles.)
RD5: Janzen Johnson (Jackson)? Gambel on an electric coverage safety with a later pick.
RD5: Dwight Jones, WR, UNC. A steal if he falls to rd5.
RD5: Molk, the center from Michigan. A top talent with injury issues. Could learn and get healthy behind Cook and handle backup duty as we have no true backup center.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 477
Default Re: New York Giants mock

I'm not convinced about Coples, but if the coaches liked him I'd be excited about this. Personally, I like Still more than Brockers, but he seems like a hard worker who could be molded so I'd be alright with it.

The rest is great! I don't agree with everyone that Johnson will automatically be a S. He's got great man cover skills and playmaking ability even if he doesn't have the greatest long speed... not every good NFL corner does. Zeitler and Molk are solid. The only time I've seen Jones he had a major case of the drops, but he seemed to have potential and good body control for his great size.

Interesting mock!