Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:36 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8090
Default US Embassies Attacked

The US Embassies in Lybia and Egypt have been attacked by "Protesters" with RPGS, grenades and I do believe small arms fire. The US Ambassator to Lybia has been kill along with four others.

All this because some guy posted a video on YouTube mocking Islam and their prophet.

EDIT: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...lled-in-libya/

4 total deaths not 5.

Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar; 09-12-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:56 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 44730
Default Re: US Embassies Attacked

In brief, I said we should never have helped these people back when they were rebelling. Let's remember this before we even think about helping the people in Syria. It's almost fitting that on the 11 year anniversary of 9/11 this is will serve as a reminder of far gone some minds are , because the people in these two nations, in particular, were the ones you saw on video dancing in the streets when those towers went down.

Last edited by Danno; 09-12-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:01 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30208

We are dealing with a violent dangerous group of people.

Its not a protest if they are bringing gernades and RPG's its an attack mow these people down with machine guns.

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 09-12-2012, 09:07 AM
VIP Silver Member

It's time for President Obama to make a statement saying, "We, the American people condemn these acts of violence against American citizens on US territory. From here on, any person on US territory who is not invited will be shot and killed." after this brief statement, he orders reinforcements to all US Embassies around the world, doubling or tripling military personnel to protect our territory and our citizens.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:11 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
It's time for President Obama to make a statement saying, "We, the American people condemn these acts of violence against American citizens on US territory. From here on, any person on US territory who is not invited will be shot and killed." after this brief statement, he orders reinforcements to all US Embassies around the world, doubling or tripling military personnel to protect our territory and our citizens.
He just exempted a bunch of illegals he wont start shooting them

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 09-12-2012, 09:44 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12250

You know good and well the President won't say jack about this, and if he does, it will be some sort of tempered, lilly-livered response.

Part of me can't believe there isn't some sort of collective outrage in the media, but the other part of me realizes that they can't/won't expose their messiah to any negative press just 2 months before the election.

We should be squashing this with a great show of force and power. Make them tremble before us and think 1,000 times before trying to do something like this again. However, we'll turn a blind eye to it and embolden them in the name of politics.

Absolutely pathetic.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Steeler Eater!
Old 09-12-2012, 09:45 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu View Post
You know good and well the President won't say jack about this, and if he does, it will be some sort of tempered, lilly-livered response.

Part of me can't believe there isn't some sort of collective outrage in the media, but the other part of me realizes that they can't/won't expose their messiah to any negative press just 2 months before the election.

We should be squashing this with a great show of force and power. Make them tremble before us and think 1,000 times before trying to do something like this again. However, we'll turn a blind eye to it and embolden them in the name of politics.

Absolutely pathetic.
Most of the press works for the democrates...

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 09-12-2012, 09:55 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 44730

Quote:

Absolutely pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post

Get over your partisan bu***** for five seconds and stand with your nation as one. We should be standing together against the fanatics instead of bit**ing about press coverage or speech wording. There will be plenty of time for that later.

Last edited by Danno; 09-12-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:06 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
Get over your partisan bu***** for five seconds and stand with your nation as one. We should be standing together against the fanatics instead of bit**ing about press coverage or speech wording. There will be plenty of time for that later.
What did I say that wasn't true?

Thanks for the awesome sig, Steeler Eater!
Old 09-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1762

Quote:
The US Embassies in Lybia and Egypt have been attacked by "Protesters" with RPGS, grenades and I do believe small arms fire. The US Ambassator to Lybia has been kill along with four others.

All this because some guy posted a video on YouTube mocking Islam and their prophet.

4 total deaths not 5.
Correct me if I am wrong but aren't U.S. embassies considered as a part of the U.S and any attack against them could be an act of war.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:51 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I am very patriotic... if your calling that into question.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 09-12-2012, 04:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6514

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Yeah, I've been really tired of Fox, CBN, TBN, PTL, and the 700 Club's radical leftist propaganda for years.

October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Old 09-12-2012, 04:56 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19645

Quote:
Ooooh. A sensible post.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but aren't U.S. embassies considered as a part of the U.S and any attack against them could be an act of war.
Yes
Old 09-12-2012, 05:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
They are considered something of neutral territory, however none of them are armed camps. Generally an attack such as this not consisting of someone's legitimate army, is not considered an act of war. But an act of war is whatever someone wants to make of it. Germany took the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand as an act of war in 1914. After a short dispute it was settled in 1918.

While most have a small detachment of Marines, they are not there to fight a battle (nor equipped to), so much as they just provide security (like the guards at any agency in the US). That's about all we had at the US Embassy in Saigon. It has nothing to do with this President (since we've had 44 of them and the general policy is still the same). Nor would any country including the US, allow machine guns other than small arms, anti-aircraft batteries, and tanks in anyone's embassy compound.

October 24, 1937

Last edited by Sher Khan; 09-12-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
They are considered something of neutral territory, however none of them are armed camps. While most have a small detachment of Marines, they are not there to fight a battle (nor equipped to), so much as they just provide security (like the guards at any agency in the US). It has nothing to do with the President (since we've had 44 of them and the general policy is still the same).

Nor would any country including the US, allow machine guns, anti-aircraft batteries, and tanks in anyone's embassy compound.

I understand that, but what I am asking is: aren't U.S. embassies considered U.S. territory and any attack on them would be the same as attacking the U.S.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
I understand that, but what I am asking is: aren't U.S. embassies considered U.S. territory and any attack on them would be the same as attacking the U.S.
No, not by a mob is what I was saying. If some Nation's military actually and officially attacked an embassy, yes clearly that's an act of war. But that's never happened, Nation's attack the other Nation's military first, to get it out of the way. Plus they need someone to negotiate with (Japan never attacked the US Embassy in Tokyo).

An armed mob of rioters does not represent the country it's in.

October 24, 1937

Last edited by Sher Khan; 09-12-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
No, not by a mob is what I was saying. If some Nation's military actually and officially attacked an embassy, yes clearly that's an act of war. But that's never happened, Nation's attack the other Nation's military first, to get it out of the way. Plus they need someone to negotiate with (Japan never attacked the US Embassy in Tokyo).

An armed mob of rioters does not represent the country it's in.
Thank you, but wasn't the attack on the embassy in Tehran similar? There were no firefights with that and no one got kill, they just took hostages. Yet the U.S. did attempt to rescue them with special forces.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Thank you, but wasn't the attack on the embassy in Tehran similar? There were no firefights with that and no one got kill, they just took hostages. Yet the U.S. did attempt to rescue them with special forces.
Well much the same thing happened, it was a mob of students which attacked the Embassy, not the Iranian Government. Now, did that government support them indirectly/covertly, pehaps. Some would argue definately, but one has to have proof. And then be willing to go to war over it. Going to war is not quite as easy and as fun as it sounds. People get killed. Our people get killed. Our brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, uncles, and cousins. Taking hostages at an embassy isn't quite the same as putting Ballistic Missiles in say Cuba. So going to war with a Nation four or five times the size of Iraq, well armed and well trained, and sitting on the Soviet and Chinese borders, allied with both, and in control of a large portion of the worlds oil wasn't necessarily in our best interest. The attempted rescue was technically, sufficient reason for Iran to claim that it was we who committed an act of war against them. But since they have no Navy to speak of, and can't swim that far it would have been difficult for them to get here. (A bit of logic I always applied to the North Vietnamese).

Still, in this case while we have every reason to be angry. The essence of the question is; angry at whom exactly? Libia? It's barely a country right now. Run by various factions of rebel groups that we supported having freshly overthrown Muammar Gaddafi. So who would we attack? The rioters surely. But who are they? Do we know? How would we find out? And where might they be?

To be sure, this is why it is important to assist in installing a legitmate government in Libya. The very reason we have or had an embassy there. For example, while no one liked Hosni Mubarak of Eqypt, there is no doubt that no such demonstration which took place yesterday in Eqypt at the US Embassy would have been allowed to happen. Prevented brutally no doubt, but prevented none the less. A civil government in law abiding control of it's populace is what is needed to prevent such things from happening. The problem in the Middle East is; they don't have much experience in legitimate governments.

Might make much more sense for some of our more fundamental Christian friends to realize that no matter who they think is right or wrong in the big question, perhaps as they said during Vietnam... Discretion is often the better part of valor. However, with the advent of the internet any crackpot with a video cam can pretend to be Cecil B. DeMille, and in this world set off all manner of mayhem for a couple few dollars.

October 24, 1937

Last edited by Sher Khan; 09-12-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20942

Quote:
His response to this if he gives one will remind you of a Marvin Lewis post game speech after a huge embarrassing loss on MNF in front of the nation. It will go something like this: (a slight chuckle) we need to improve in some areas.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16879

Quote:
Nahhh...he just apologized for upsetting them
Old 09-12-2012, 07:26 PM
VIP Silver Member

Oh that's not true at all guys. For what good it might actually do, combat Naval vessels have been sent as well as more Marines for the Embassy. I see no apology for anything. What the President said was; that he vowed justice. I'm not sure just how that might be accomplished in this situation other than to work with what little government Libya has. But frankly, it's crass if not dangerous for Romney to politcize the killing of Americans while it's taking place. In fact in this instance, even before it had happened on Tuesday morning.

October 24, 1937

Last edited by Sher Khan; 09-12-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Quote:

4 total deaths not 5.

I bet they try to censor the internet again..
Old 09-12-2012, 07:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4561

Im sick of using our tax money to help out people that don't want our help. Now we get these idiots pulling this crap. Im surprised we dont see more of this at home as much as they claim to hate us. Friggin cowards.

COACH HUE, PLEASE UNLEASH THIS BEAST!!!
Old 09-12-2012, 08:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliJack View Post
Im sick of using our tax money to help out people that don't want our help. Now we get these idiots pulling this crap. Im surprised we dont see more of this at home as much as they claim to hate us. Friggin cowards.
Agree with that 100%. But remember, it's happened here. Recall Tim McVey and Terry Nichols? Good ole church going country boys. There's been others. Or read about the Westboro Babtist Church (WBC), who have routinely shown up at the funerals of our military dead to dishonor them holding signs screaming and shouting; "God killed them because this Nation is Gay, They Deserved to Die, We're Glad Their Dead." And other various and sundry not so memorable slogans. True they haven't killed anyone, but imagine if your brother was killed in Iraq and WBC came to his funeral to disrupt it and try to disgrace him.

October 24, 1937