Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:47 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2576
Default Re: Sanu at RB

Better yet, why not use Peerman at RB, I think he has played there before.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:14 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27066
bengals Re: Sanu at RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
I wouldn't mind putting him in wildcat more often. Let him run and maybe even throw a few passes. Really though, we need to sign a RB or use Peerman more often. Apparently we have no plans on doing either.

I have the same thoughts as Shake on this.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Demagii View Post
Think Ronnie Harmon rather than Barry Sanders and I think you have the idea. Sanu would fill Leonards role but with more deep potential....Yes this could work and we could occasionally hand him the ball on finesse running plays like draws or traps. Sanu would probably be big enough to cut a DE or blitzing LB or safety occasionally. The best thing would be the deep circle route, but of course Marvin would have to look it up in the rule book to make sure its legal to run this play....

Ian
i too have called for sanu to be in the backfield. this guy is a winner and would be much better than what we have. but no way will they do something that makes sense.instead they will play brian leonard and he will fumble or not get the 1st down. sanu is someone i would pay to see playing some as a back. the guy is big and strong and has a nack for making guys miss him and getting alot more yards.its just so stupid , they have some very talented players here and never use them enough or the right way. its crazy. bring in jon gruden. i want jon gruden,.he is a winner and full of fire.instead we get to watch giggles on sunday clap his hands and say lets go boys.come on,its maddening really. i just want a super bowl win here before i am too old to see or hear.HELP, HELP, DOES ANYONE HERE US LONG SUFFERING FANS OUT THERE.ARE WE STILL ON MARS.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:07 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4233

We could go 5 wide. Then motion Sanu or Hawkins into the backfield and potentially hand them the ball or throw it to them out of the backfield. Or stay 5 wide.

We have seen both Hawkins and Sanu in the backfield this year. So its not like either would be completely lost because its something they have never done.

BJGE is clearly not a workhorse back. He is terrific in short yardage situations. Use him to his strengths and get creative manufacturing rush yards with other guys we have.

Hawkins is one of those guys who are hard to find behind the giant OL. And Sanu is a threat to throw the ball. I think they would be a lot harder to defend than just BJGE running up the middle.

Sanu is used to taking shots going across the middle of the field. I am not worried about his ability to hold up physically.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:12 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8617

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
218, which 8 pounds may not seem like much, but it is, especially since he's faster.

Plus, Forte's body is used to taking the beating.

The Law Firm can catch out of the backfield, also.

Besides for Wildcat plays, there's just not enough upside to having him at RB.
***The Law Firm can let balls go through his hands out of the backfield, also.

(There, fixed it for you.)
Old 11-02-2012, 12:13 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5327

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
He ran the ball 125 times in college with a 5.2 avg and 9 tds.

So why not? We need someone who can at least be a threat to the outside.

Remember when Rudi Johnson was a threat to the outside?

You and Brat seemed to think so
Old 11-02-2012, 08:02 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 814

For those who keep saying he is to small James Brooks was only 5'10" 180lbs and Barry Sanders was 5'8" and 203 lbs. If you want a change of pace back you cant use the prototypical back.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:36 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7925

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadHazard View Post
For those who keep saying he is to small James Brooks was only 5'10" 180lbs and Barry Sanders was 5'8" and 203 lbs. If you want a change of pace back you cant use the prototypical back.
It's not that he's too small, he's 6'2" and 208, that makes him tall and kind of lanky like Chris Henry(I know Chris was taller but they have a similar body build). Now, Barry was 5'8" and 203, that makes him compact.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 11-04-2012, 03:20 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2738

Remember Preston Peirson from the Cowboys? He made a career of being a pass catching RB who they very ocassionally handed the ball to. He was 6'1 205...I think using him this way would be a great idea.

Ian