Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:10 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225
Default Marijuana being completly legalized in Washington?

http://www.inquisitr.com/384603/poll...ana-next-week/

I don't smoke the stuff, but i agree in legalizing it because of how much money is involved and what it could bring to a state. Hopefully this kickstarts the legalization around the country to help out the states and the economy.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:15 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31399
Default Re: Marijuana being completly legalized in Washington?

Good to hear, like you mentioned it could bring in a lot of money for the government and less money for drug dealers on the streets. It's a win-win situation.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:13 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8346

This is the way of wisdom.

It's less dangerous than tobacco and people will smoke even it's forbidden.
“How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, ****, ****, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so? ”

Charles Bukowski.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:29 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19817

How will it bring more money?

Once a single farmer plants a field of wacky tobacky, flooding the market, the price falls through the floor. In addition, the people who grow it in secret would increase their own production since they could do it in the open, and prices fall even further. In addition, casual smokers could grow their own, eliminating their purchasing from the pool, and prices fall yet again.

In addition, there is no test to let someone know is a person is currently high via MJ usage, so that presents another problem. Unless a simple level of the metabolites is adopted to claim one is high. But the problem becomes in that someone new could be completely buzzing and might not hit that mark, while a constant smoker could hit that mark days after hit last joint.

Legalization is not a magic bullet.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:25 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2826

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post

Once a single farmer plants a field of wacky tobacky, flooding the market, the price falls through the floor. In addition, the people who grow it in secret would increase their own production since they could do it in the open, and prices fall even further. In addition, casual smokers could grow their own, eliminating their purchasing from the pool, and prices fall yet again.

In addition, there is no test to let someone know is a person is currently high via MJ usage, so that presents another problem. Unless a simple level of the metabolites is adopted to claim one is high. But the problem becomes in that someone new could be completely buzzing and might not hit that mark, while a constant smoker could hit that mark days after hit last joint.

It isn't as easy as just putting a seed in the dirt and you all the sudden you get massive plants. It takes a LOT of knowledge and skill to grow Any plant properly, let alone a marijuana plant.
If it was so easy to do then there wouldn't be a need for dispensaries in the medical states A lot of people don't have the knowledge to do it properly for one. But they also might not have the time or space to grow and would rather just go buy it. It is a LOT of work to grow a plant from start to finished product that is ready for use.
Then you factor in the start up cost and the time it will take before you will see ANY money and it makes it less attractive.
The average "flowering" (bloom) time on a Marijuana plant is 2 to 2 1/2 months.
Plus add at least a month of "vegetation" time if you want it to produce much.
Then you have to trim everything which is VERY tedious and time consuming and also "curing"time, which can ruin all your work if done improperly.
So your looking at close to 5 months of work and expenses before you even have a chance to recoup one cent.
I'm not going to list all of the other things you need such as nutrients, lights, dirt, building a space, etc, but that would be OVER $700 EASILY.
So yeah, not anyone can just pop a few seeds and be up to their elbows in high quality bud.

DISCLAIMER
I know what I am talking about from experience. NO IM NOT GROWING ANYMORE BECAUSE I GOT "BUSTED" Well sorta . I didn't have anything growing at the time. They just took my equipment and gave me a fine
When I was still growing I have been told by many people that it was the best looking and quality they've ever smoked. So yeah, I know what I'm talking about.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:27 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 15423
bengals Re: Marijuana being completly legalized in Washington?

..... Not if the Feds have anything to say about it. States rights are all but dead, particularly concerning this issue.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:05 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7048

I wish they would legalize it here in Indiana, it would be so much better than all the pain pills I take.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:08 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16542

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils advocate View Post
..... Not if the Feds have anything to say about it. States rights are all but dead, particularly concerning this issue.
Good point. Doesn't really matter if the state legalizes it. Marijuana is a class 3 drug and regulated by the Fed. So in essense you can have a nice big field legal by the state and the DEA can come in and arrest you
Old 11-03-2012, 10:09 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
I wish they would legalize it here in Indiana, it would be so much better than all the pain pills I take.
Indiana will probably be one of the last states. 0 tolerance there. My buddy got caught with a roach on his boat and they took him to jail

#OfficialTaterHaterClub #President
Old 11-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
Indiana will probably be one of the last states. 0 tolerance there. My buddy got caught with a roach on his boat and they took him to jail
At first I read this and I was like a cockroach!! lol..

Now I realize your talking about a doobie!!!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 10:23 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3536

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
Sorry about your friend but this made me chuckle....just picturing Barney and Andy catching Otis smoking a joint behind the Mayberry jail. That would have been a good episode.

^ If everyone else saw the world as M B sees it!!
Old 11-03-2012, 10:35 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20167

Legalizing pot would also increase the obesity rate in this country.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:41 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3536

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyDog View Post
Legalizing pot would also increase the obesity rate in this country.
So would dropping the prices on Little Debbie Snack cakes......them things is jam up!!

^ If everyone else saw the world as M B sees it!!
Old 11-03-2012, 10:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

Indiana has harsh laws when it comes to "Pot" but, I do believe the ball is rolling on getting the drug legalized here. Tom Knollman, a Republican mind you, backs legalizing "Pot" for medical purposes. He has MS and wants it legal to get rid of pain. I do believe he said something about "Using one of Gods plants" to help fight pain.

If its on the ballot, I'm voting yes.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:01 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliJack View Post
So would dropping the prices on Little Debbie Snack cakes......them things is jam up!!
I love those Raspberry(sp?) ones when I was a teen. You know the red ones with coconut? Those things are perfect for "Cotton Mouth". The texture of the coconut, the moisture from the cake and the sweetness from the filling just worked.

EDIT: I'm talking about Zingers
Old 11-03-2012, 11:15 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16540

Quote:

They could make it illegal to grow on your own and be forced to buy it in stores.

Personally, I think it will do great things and bring in lots of money in taxes and hopefully even give a little stimulus to the economy, especially since it's the biggest cash crop here in Kentucky, even while being illegal.

I don't know, though, because you still have to think about people showing up for work and school high, not to mention parents trying to be role models while they're high.

Weed is less harmful to the body than alcohol.

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:09 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17693

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICKYSHUFFLE View Post
It isn't as easy as just putting a seed in the dirt and you all the sudden you get massive plants. It takes a LOT of knowledge and skill to grow Any plant properly, let alone a marijuana plant.
If it was so easy to do then there wouldn't be a need for dispensaries in the medical states A lot of people don't have the knowledge to do it properly for one. But they also might not have the time or space to grow and would rather just go buy it. It is a LOT of work to grow a plant from start to finished product that is ready for use.
Then you factor in the start up cost and the time it will take before you will see ANY money and it makes it less attractive.
The average "flowering" (bloom) time on a Marijuana plant is 2 to 2 1/2 months.
Plus add at least a month of "vegetation" time if you want it to produce much.
Then you have to trim everything which is VERY tedious and time consuming and also "curing"time, which can ruin all your work if done improperly.
So your looking at close to 5 months of work and expenses before you even have a chance to recoup one cent.
I'm not going to list all of the other things you need such as nutrients, lights, dirt, building a space, etc, but that would be OVER $700 EASILY.
So yeah, not anyone can just pop a few seeds and be up to their elbows in high quality bud.

DISCLAIMER
I know what I am talking about from experience. NO IM NOT GROWING ANYMORE BECAUSE I GOT "BUSTED" Well sorta . I didn't have anything growing at the time. They just took my equipment and gave me a fine
When I was still growing I have been told by many people that it was the best looking and quality they've ever smoked. So yeah, I know what I'm talking about.
Weed is easier to grow than a damned Tomato plant. Seriously, in early college, I put some seeds in a bucket sat it next to the window, and watered it. That's it. A couple of months later I had (what seemed to me at the time) an endless amount of weed.

More recently, I've thrown some seeds into the backyard and not done a single thing to them and got some flowering plants. I'm sure that if you want the really good stuff, you'll have to tend to it well and pay it a lot of attention, but to grow the plant normally, it's pretty easy.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 18495

It will happen eventually, maybe not this election cycle and maybe not the next. Sometime, the prohibitionists will have to live with this reality. Society will prevail just like it did when alcohol prohibition was lifted. I will be voting yes when given the chance.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 235

Quote:

Taxes. Its already boomed Colorado, no reason it wouldn't make money and a market any where else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devils advocate View Post
They wont, as the Feds have said numerous times that they dont go after places that are abiding to the state's laws.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5129

If it was as simple as legalizing it to improve the economy, they would have legalized it long ago. There's always incentive for illegal activity regardless of the situation. If they ever do legalize it, it'll be moderated by the government and people will still grow it illegally in an attempt to get ahead. If they're going to legalize it, it almost has to be a nationwide decision in my opinion because it'll promote a ton of illegal activity in the area surrounding Washington.

Just my two cents.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
They could make it illegal to grow on your own and be forced to buy it in stores.

Personally, I think it will do great things and bring in lots of money in taxes and hopefully even give a little stimulus to the economy, especially since it's the biggest cash crop here in Kentucky, even while being illegal.

I don't know, though, because you still have to think about people showing up for work and school high, not to mention parents trying to be role models while they're high.

Weed is less harmful to the body than alcohol.

It will be illegal to grow your own. It's in the Washington bill
Old 11-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Banned

Legalizing marijuana boosts the economy, fact.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:00 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 40015

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpyTrumpy View Post
Taxes. Its already boomed Colorado, no reason it wouldn't make money and a market any where else.
They wont, as the Feds have said numerous times that they dont go after places that are abiding to the state's laws.

Yeah, just like with traditional crops, where farmers are being paid to not grow...

Here come's the....BOOM!
Old 11-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Yeah, just like with traditional crops, where farmers are being paid to not grow...
It's already been proven that it boosts the economy. New market=new money and jobs.

Farm program payments are a public investment in the nation’s food, environmental and economic security.

While more than a decade ago, the structure of some farm programs may have paid farmers who weren’t producing, today’s farm payment programs are based upon production, revenue and sound principles. They provide support to farmers when the markets/prices crash, and even those payments are very limited.

Farmers are also compensated if they are willing to set aside productive agricultural land in favor of conservation practices that are for the benefit of all of society through improved soil, water and air quality. Such an example would include increasing grassland and natural growth around the perimeter of creeks and streams to prevent erosion and runoff from fields, and provide habitat for wildlife.

The majority of farm payments go to family farm operations, and provide a measure of stability in a business where uncontrollable weather, unfair competition and uncertain market prices create a high level of risk.

Last edited by BumpyTrumpy; 11-03-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 40015

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpyTrumpy View Post
It's already been proven that it boosts the economy. New market=new money and jobs.

Farm program payments are a public investment in the nation’s food, environmental and economic security.

While more than a decade ago, the structure of some farm programs may have paid farmers who weren’t producing, today’s farm payment programs are based upon production, revenue and sound principles. They provide support to farmers when the markets/prices crash, and even those payments are very limited.

Farmers are also compensated if they are willing to set aside productive agricultural land in favor of conservation practices that are for the benefit of all of society through improved soil, water and air quality. Such an example would include increasing grassland and natural growth around the perimeter of creeks and streams to prevent erosion and runoff from fields, and provide habitat for wildlife.

The majority of farm payments go to family farm operations, and provide a measure of stability in a business where uncontrollable weather, unfair competition and uncertain market prices create a high level of risk.

Yeah...producing a lethargic work force only capable of applying for low pay jobs!

Here come's the....BOOM!