Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:45 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 18675
Default Re: Marijuana being completly legalized in Washington?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Yeah...producing a lethargic work force only capable of applying for low pay jobs!
Yea right. More like low paying jobs are the only ones who don't drug test. If it was legal, it wouldn't be a problem.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:47 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 49974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treee View Post
Yea right. More like low paying jobs are the only ones who don't drug test. If it was legal, it wouldn't be a problem.

I get your point, I really do. I used to partake in the smoke scene, when I was young. But, take a real look at things, what sort of high output job is going to want dopey pot smokers filling the position?
Old 11-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 235

The same that hire the alcoholics. Not to mention the generalization of calling pot smokers dopey.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:56 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpyTrumpy View Post
The same that hire the alcoholics. Not to mention the generalization of calling pot smokers dopey.

Well man, having been an employer of mostly younger men for the past 20 years, I have a pretty good impression of how to describe a pot smoker... I don't test, so I get plenty of them on my crew. They always start out great, then get lazy, have a dopey look in their eyes, then the tardiness begins... the situation usually ends with me having a talk with them about keeping their party habits off of the job site.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Banned

...Its a generalization.

Our founding fathers grew bud. Our president in office was a self admitted pot head. From Ted Turner and Rick Steves, to Richard Branson, all smokers.

Last edited by BumpyTrumpy; 11-03-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:06 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20056

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
If it was as simple as legalizing it to improve the economy, they would have legalized it long ago. There's always incentive for illegal activity regardless of the situation. If they ever do legalize it, it'll be moderated by the government and people will still grow it illegally in an attempt to get ahead. If they're going to legalize it, it almost has to be a nationwide decision in my opinion because it'll promote a ton of illegal activity in the area surrounding Washington.

Just my two cents.
I'm not saying that it's going to solve the problems, but it will definitely bring in more jobs to grow, harvest, care for, roll it, and package it. Then you're also looking at jobs for the business end of it with accounting, marketing, law, and whatever else.

Being Kentucky's largest cash crop, you also have to think how much money will be brought in from the taxes from sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
It will be illegal to grow your own. It's in the Washington bill
That's good, but then how will they know if someone is just smoking a joint from a plant that they grew in their room?

What will be the legal age to smoke?

Should also be illegal to have any weed in your system while at work, but then most companies aren't going to spend the money that they don't have to drug test unless it's obvious.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:07 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
...Its a generalization.

Our founding fathers grew bud. Our president in office was a self admitted pot head. From Ted Turner and Rick Steves, to Richard Branson, all smokers.

There is a distinct difference between someone who has smoked, and being a daily smoker. For example, I have smoked, was a daily smoker for a while, have since stopped smoking, my life improved.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:12 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36721

Excellent.

Freedom is scary at first. But once you go free, you can't go back...

Old 11-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
There is a distinct difference between someone who has smoked, and being a daily smoker. For example, I have smoked, was a daily smoker for a while, have since stopped smoking, my life improved.
Which is you, not everybody else.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:39 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

It needs to be legal everywhere. Tommy Chong used Cannabis oil to treat his cancer & now he is cancer free. People use it for pain and it does the job. I would much rather try using that as a healer instead of taking a chemically made medicine with tons of side affects.

The only reason why most people are against it, is because the government labels it as a drug and they say it's illegal, therefore people think it's bad. Even though it's a natural plant just like corn & flowers.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:06 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26282

Quote:
Legalizing marijuana boosts the economy, fact.
How do you know? It's not as if we've done it before....well, at least in the last 100 or so years since it's been demonized. I mean, I THINK it would boost the economy, but how can you call it a fact?

For the record, I've smoked pot pretty regularly for almost a dozen years. It never led to harder drugs. It doesn't make me do the stupid **** that I do when I drink. It hasn't stopped my progress as a functioning human. So I don't see the big problem with it, really. I can't smoke anymore due to the post-college job search, but I fully intend on picking it up again once I find a good job.....unless of course, I get randomly drug tested....boo to that.

It should be legal, but only once they have a concrete way to test whether or not you're stoned at a given time. Kinda like a breathalyzer for alcohol.....but for weed.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:48 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
How do you know? It's not as if we've done it before....well, at least in the last 100 or so years since it's been demonized. I mean, I THINK it would boost the economy, but how can you call it a fact?

For the record, I've smoked pot pretty regularly for almost a dozen years. It never led to harder drugs. It doesn't make me do the stupid **** that I do when I drink. It hasn't stopped my progress as a functioning human. So I don't see the big problem with it, really. I can't smoke anymore due to the post-college job search, but I fully intend on picking it up again once I find a good job.....unless of course, I get randomly drug tested....boo to that.

It should be legal, but only once they have a concrete way to test whether or not you're stoned at a given time. Kinda like a breathalyzer for alcohol.....but for weed.
Here is the link for how it's going to be done

http://www.newapproachwa.org/content/about-initiative

DUI standard applies only to active THC, which drops below 5 ng/mL within a matter of hours, not the inactive metabolite carboxy-THC that can be detected days, or even weeks, after last use.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:53 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73848

An example

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=104597
Old 11-04-2012, 04:18 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 18776

Quote:
Well man, having been an employer of mostly younger men for the past 20 years, I have a pretty good impression of how to describe a pot smoker... I don't test, so I get plenty of them on my crew. They always start out great, then get lazy, have a dopey look in their eyes, then the tardiness begins... the situation usually ends with me having a talk with them about keeping their party habits off of the job site.
I know several smokers who are getting their masters degrees in chemistry. They are not lazy or dopey. It's the person not the plant that causes the problems.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:31 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBengals View Post
I know several smokers who are getting their masters degrees in chemistry. They are not lazy or dopey. It's the person not the plant that causes the problems.

Media, tv shows.. ext.. all make it seem like weed smokers are lazy....That is a prime example of how television controls how you think.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:41 AM
Veteran Member

Not just in Washington, but Colorado & Oregon as well
Old 11-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post

Colorado has already proven it. Learn more about America's number one cash crop and economics.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:41 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 25812

Quote:
Those are simply crappy employees. It is possible to hold a job and wait until the end of the work day to smoke. I've done it successfully my whole life as do a large portion of the smoking population.
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people
Old 11-09-2012, 03:25 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26282

Quote:
Colorado has already proven it. Learn more about America's number one cash crop and economics.
Little man, my first major in college was Economics. Boring as balls. Like I said, I believe it would boost the economy, but you're stating something as a fact that cannot be verified because it had never happened. There is a difference between fact and opinion that some people just can't seem to grasp.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:01 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36830

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
How will it bring more money?

Once a single farmer plants a field of wacky tobacky, flooding the market, the price falls through the floor. In addition, the people who grow it in secret would increase their own production since they could do it in the open, and prices fall even further. In addition, casual smokers could grow their own, eliminating their purchasing from the pool, and prices fall yet again.

In addition, there is no test to let someone know is a person is currently high via MJ usage, so that presents another problem. Unless a simple level of the metabolites is adopted to claim one is high. But the problem becomes in that someone new could be completely buzzing and might not hit that mark, while a constant smoker could hit that mark days after hit last joint.

Legalization is not a magic bullet.
No but its a start.... And the state will make money on the taxes... Taxes like a 50 fee per plant per year or a 5 dollar tax per qtr ounce.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:02 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 54651

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
Media, tv shows.. ext.. all make it seem like weed smokers are lazy....That is a prime example of how television controls how you think.
Very good point. I personally know competent doctors, lawyers, accountants, and lots of engineers who smoke pot ona regular basis.

The streotype of the goofy stoner is a lot like the stereotype of the flaming effeminate homosexual. Most people think they can recognize every pot smoker and every homosexual man around them, but they can't. There are lot's of pot smokers who are serious and efficient at their jobs and there are lots of homosexual men who don't prance around like a nancy.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:33 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14811

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
Very good point. I personally know competent doctors, lawyers, accountants, and lots of engineers who smoke pot ona regular basis.

The streotype of the goofy stoner is a lot like the stereotype of the flaming effeminate homosexual. Most people think they can recognize every pot smoker and every homosexual man around them, but they can't. There are lot's of pot smokers who are serious and efficient at their jobs and there are lots of homosexual men who don't prance around like a nancy.
Of course there are exceptions to every rule.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert

Old 11-09-2012, 10:40 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 54651

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
You have no idea what the "rule" is because you can't recognize how many stoners out there are not goofy or how many homosexuals are not effeminate.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:42 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14811

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
You have no idea what the "rule" is because you can't recognize how many stoners out there are not goofy or how many homosexuals are not effeminate.
Exactly

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert

Old 11-09-2012, 11:06 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: In my profile being forced to remove the dumbness...LOL
Rep Points: 29992

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
This is an ignorant statement. Just sayin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in response to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.