Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:14 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8760
Default I think I'm crazy

I want the Bengals to beat the Broncos but I won't be upset if they lose. Hell, I won't even be upset, discouraged, or anything if they lose big, like by 5 touchdowns. I don't think I'll be excited if they win either.

I must be sick or something. I'm never like this. It's rather a sad feeling.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:25 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770
Default Re: I think I'm crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
I want the Bengals to beat the Broncos but I won't be upset if they lose. Hell, I won't even be upset, discouraged, or anything if they lose big, like by 5 touchdowns. I don't think I'll be excited if they win either.

I'm sorry, man.

Keep the faith.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:28 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Quote:

Had alot of hope at the beginning of the season like we'd be a changed team..(consistently winning)..but things didn't go that way and it's looking like the same old same old...all because we have marvin lewis as our coach (my belief)
...You have the feeling like our seasons done and we should hope for next year.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:34 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2714

Old 11-04-2012, 02:40 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29925

I (and many others) saw this coming when the Bengals once again went bargain shopping in free agency and entered the season with 11 million in cap space. That 11 million could've easily landed us a few players that would be useful.

I think this team would be way better right now if we would've signed Manningham, Laron Landry and drafted Lamar Miller instead of Brandon Thompson. I also think it was a mistake to extend Marv, but Mike Brown loathes change, so I guess we're stuck with him for awhile.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:46 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3294

Im not really super excited for it but come gametime ill have my same enthusiasm

Old 11-04-2012, 02:56 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 31

Quote:

You're not sick dude. I am totally expecting a loss. Manning is like 7-0, or 9-0 against us. He will exploit all of the holes on defense. We might score a TD in the first half, then another in the 2nd half, but Manning is gonna score at least one TD per Quarter. Denver has won something like 14 out of their last 17 games. Lewis has f'ed up team chemistry, to the point that we may only win two additional games this season. Chiefs? Raiders? Who else on the schedule can we beat?
Old 11-04-2012, 03:23 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
I (and many others) saw this coming when the Bengals once again went bargain shopping in free agency and entered the season with 11 million in cap space. That 11 million could've easily landed us a few players that would be useful.
i don't follow every little facet, but i remember hearing we have quite a few big ticket players heading into free agency this year, which rationalized the usually-upsetting cap space.

backup?
Old 11-04-2012, 04:01 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 2177

Old 11-04-2012, 04:17 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lygraf View Post
i don't follow every little facet, but i remember hearing we have quite a few big ticket players heading into free agency this year, which rationalized the usually-upsetting cap space.

backup?
I think our big free agents will be Andre Smith and Maualuga this coming year. Big salaries come off the books next year like Clements and Geathers, that's 10 million right there. Plus the Bengals could've structured FA contracts to pay out the majority in the first year. I don't buy any of the excuses for having 10+ million in cap space going into the season.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:01 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2615

Quote:
I think our big free agents will be Andre Smith and Maualuga this coming year. Big salaries come off the books next year like Clements and Geathers, that's 10 million right there. Plus the Bengals could've structured FA contracts to pay out the majority in the first year. I don't buy any of the excuses for having 10+ million in cap space going into the season.
This, I hate when people say this, so Mike Brown is the only smart one, since every other team spends their cap space. We haven't even seen any of this re-upping yet either. No, chances are we will not even sign Andre, pulling another Joseph. We already didn't pick up his option, and when he tests the market, he is gone. At least MB has to spend money in next year's free agency. We will find out if that is a good thing or not next offseason, could just mean a whole bunch of Antonio Bryants types.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:07 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8939

Quote:
Resign Andre to a good deal, he deserves it, let Rey resign and move back to SAM, or he can walk. Geathers can walk he hasnt been that spectacular against the run this year, and thats the only reason why hes here.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:35 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 11762

Quote:

Sounds as if you own Peyton Manning on your fantasy team and it is a pivotal week for the standings. lol
Old 11-04-2012, 06:58 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 149
bengals Re: I think I'm crazy

Quote:

Well i got a feeling that we are gonna beat the broncos today .....I had a feeling we where gonna lose to the browns fins and steelers...But now i got the feeling we are gonna win.....All i hear is how good the broncos pass defense is but nobody talks about the fact they gave up 260 yard on the ground to the pats...And last game we kinda started the 09 running style ....I think we are gonna run the ball alot today and play keep away ....And another thing they are gonna match champ up on A.J. alone and i dont think champ can cover A.J. alone .....We havent got blowen out in any game....Its been a play here and a play there .......But i will also say this we cant have 6 strait 3 and out like last game ...And have our defense on the field for 40 mins ....And i dont think we will .....Lets hope for the best and see what happens...
Old 11-04-2012, 07:16 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night's Watch View Post
This, I hate when people say this, so Mike Brown is the only smart one, since every other team spends their cap space. We haven't even seen any of this re-upping yet either. No, chances are we will not even sign Andre, pulling another Joseph. We already didn't pick up his option, and when he tests the market, he is gone. At least MB has to spend money in next year's free agency. We will find out if that is a good thing or not next offseason, could just mean a whole bunch of Antonio Bryants types.

Could care less if Andre goes, it wouldnt be a blow like JJ was.

What has he done?

4 years here, hes gotten better, but i dont see pro bowl talent and we spent a top5-6 pick on him.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:17 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5905

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltime bengalfan View Post
Well i got a feeling that we are gonna beat the broncos today .....I had a feeling we where gonna lose to the browns fins and steelers...But now i got the feeling we are gonna win.....All i hear is how good the broncos pass defense is but nobody talks about the fact they gave up 260 yard on the ground to the pats...And last game we kinda started the 09 running style ....I think we are gonna run the ball alot today and play keep away ....And another thing they are gonna match champ up on A.J. alone and i dont think champ can cover A.J. alone .....We havent got blowen out in any game....Its been a play here and a play there .......But i will also say this we cant have 6 strait 3 and out like last game ...And have our defense on the field for 40 mins ....And i dont think we will .....Lets hope for the best and see what happens...

the ravens didnt blow us out?
Old 11-04-2012, 07:45 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabo614 View Post

What has he done?

4 years here, hes gotten better, but i dont see pro bowl talent and we spent a top5-6 pick on him.
hmm lets see he's ranked top 6 among all RT's in the nfl along with every other O lineman on our team except jeff fain and he's helped us maintain the number 1 pass blocking online and we should be ranked higher then 25 in run blocking but everyone knows we dont have good enough rb's to hit wholes while there open, plus jeff fain is ranked last at C grading wise so he contributes more than half the time mking our o line look bad. so what do you mean what has Andre done? lol you just said he's gotten better every year over a 4 yr period and is now a top 6/ top 5 RT in the gm and you would let him go??? lol sm1 needs 2 call mike brown and get you a job lol. you would fit right in with the trendy role mike brown loves to play with letting one our best players go which would set us back and they would have to waiste a draft pick on a position we already hv on our team and is highly ranked. go check PFF and see how well our oline is ranked and the reasons why our oline gets pressure so much. we dont have wrs other then AJ to get separation to tk pressure off our oline which leads to coverage sacks and we have no quick explosive rb's to keep defenses honest.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:45 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

What has he done?

I think Andre has turned the corner and is now a top 15 rt. I do agree that JJ was more important to our team though. I was ****** that we let him go (don't talk to me about "competitive" offers). I've been a fan of the Bengals for 20 years and we've almost always had bad corners. When we finally draft a great one, we let him walk over a difference in guaranteed money? Very frustrating.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:48 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9962

We should have given up on Scott, injury or not. Tried to get Konz to pair with Zeitler on the O-line. Drafted a speedy RB instead of picking Thompson. Signed a viable #2 WR to pair with AJ... but still drafted Sanu and Jones for depth at WR. Addressed the MLB position in free agency or at least kept Brandon Johnson to mix with Rey. I know some on here think Johnson is trash but he did go to the Steelers who seem to be a good judge of talent. Even if it's only for depth.

None of these above decisions are exaggerated. They could have been done and made this a much better team at talent and depth.

Stop with the project players and address what is really needed.

I know, I know. Hindsight is 20/20... but many of these things were pointed out before entering this season by fellow posters.

It's just depressing that obvious things were overlooked. It may be a matter of money(as usual)but I fully believe Marvin is much more responsible for this seasons moves or lack there of.

Last edited by BengalsRocker; 11-04-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:49 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 45614

Congratulations, you've completed the model. By you reaching the 5th stage of grief, acceptance, Kuble-Ross would be so proud.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:52 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8278

Quote:

What has he done?

That sound is your credibility going out the window. Boy, you crazy!
Old 11-04-2012, 09:12 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20071

I feel like I am sinking in quicksand with the team right now. We lose today, I will just keep on sinking. But if we win, I will feel a bit better about them and who knows then.

Quote:

I really hope Rey isn't going to cost a lot, if they keep him around that is, which I hope not. Also Andre shouldn't cost more than what he is currently making. And if he does then it wont be much more, since he is making a lot as it is for his rookie deal. But I agree, there shouldn't be really any excuses. Biggest problem with that is not bringing in quality starters, but not bringing in more quality backups that could have been better than some current ones.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 11-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8689

Quote:
I'm pretty sure we rolled cap space over into the future from last off season. We should have 40+ million to keep this team of underachievers together.