Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > General Sports Discussion > Fantasy Sports

Fantasy Sports Strategies, insights and invites for fantasy football leagues and fantasy sports leagues of any kind.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:24 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17889
Default Receivers This Week

PPR league and I need to start three (the # after their name is their projected point total for the week):

-Demaryius Thomas 11.87- obvious start, and not because it's the Bengals but because he's a stud with Manning.
-Randall Cobb 12.17- he normally gets 10 yards or a touchdown, but, while it's unlikely, Nelson could come back, which would cut into his value
-Denarius Moore 8.57- he's Carson's favorite target and should put up 100 plus a score
-Torrey Smith 7.86- Is he a solid play against Cleveland since they give up the fourth most fantasy points to wide receivers?
-Santana Moss 8.91- could get in the endzone, but his most catches all year is four and he only has two games over 50 yards (80, 67).
-Titus Young 9.93- looks like he might finally be growing into a solid option with defenses focusing on Calvin.

I have Gronkowski on a bye.

Moore and Thomas look like sure-things, but then who do I put as my #3? Cobb or young look like the obvious choices, but then Torrey Smith plays a horrible defense.

Any help is very much appreciated!!

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:27 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1048

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
PPR league and I need to start three (the # after their name is their projected point total for the week):

-Demaryius Thomas 11.87- obvious start, and not because it's the Bengals but because he's a stud with Manning.
-Randall Cobb 12.17- he normally gets 10 yards or a touchdown, but, while it's unlikely, Nelson could come back, which would cut into his value
-Denarius Moore 8.57- he's Carson's favorite target and should put up 100 plus a score
-Torrey Smith 7.86- Is he a solid play against Cleveland since they give up the fourth most fantasy points to wide receivers?
-Santana Moss 8.91- could get in the endzone, but his most catches all year is four and he only has two games over 50 yards (80, 67).
-Titus Young 9.93- looks like he might finally be growing into a solid option with defenses focusing on Calvin.

I have Gronkowski on a bye.

Moore and Thomas look like sure-things, but then who do I put as my #3? Cobb or young look like the obvious choices, but then Torrey Smith plays a horrible defense.

Any help is very much appreciated!!
Avoid smith. Haden will probably shut him down.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-02-2012, 06:34 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8278

Smith is better than Haden
Old 11-02-2012, 07:36 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
Smith is better than Haden
The browns have allowed the least amount of fantasy points to recievers in the last 2 weeks. I'm gonna stick with my prediction to sit him. I'm doing it on my team. But then again I have jordy nelson and denarious moore.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:57 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8519
Default Re: Receivers This Week

IMO it all comes down to Nelson; if he plays then I'd say Young. If Nelson's out then I'd play Cobb.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:49 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bech72 View Post
IMO it all comes down to Nelson; if he plays then I'd say Young. If Nelson's out then I'd play Cobb.
I agree, but then I'm also leaning towards starting Young regardless because he plays the Jags and they're not too good against receivers for fantasy, whereas Cobb plays the Cardinals (but they're not that much better).

Good point about Nelson and it's hard to sit Cobb because of Rogers, but then what if I start him and, for the first time since he's had a bigger role, he doesn't at least score a TD or get a hundred yards? I love a receiver as good as Young with a guy like Megatron taking coverages off of him.

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:10 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27328

Quote:
This.

If Dalton averages over 30 passes per game in 2014, I win. If he averages less than 30, you win. Loser can't post in any Dalton threads for 1 year. You game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
Yes, log it.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:54 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
This.
He's a game-time decision, so what do I do?

Old 11-05-2012, 07:21 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
He's a game-time decision, so what do I do?
Hope you played him

Old 11-05-2012, 08:59 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars304 View Post
Hope you played him

Definitely did because I'm the greatest fantasy football manager to ever roll the earth.

I am currently winning by a score of 135 to 76, but I still have Vick to play tonight and he has McCoy and Hartley.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:41 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8519

Quote:
Definitely did because I'm the greatest fantasy football manager to ever roll the earth.

I am currently winning by a score of 135 to 76, but I still have Vick to play tonight and he has McCoy and Hartley.
Glad you didn't listen to me. Cobb is close to becoming a must start at this point.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:58 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Glad you didn't listen to me. Cobb is close to becoming a must start at this point.
The thing is, though, he only put up 37 yards on three catches and 29 yards rushing, so, if he doesn't score twice, you're looking at 6.5 points (if that, depending on scoring settings), so do I always trust that he'll score at least once?

If the Packers scored on big plays or didn't get near the endzone, he wouldn't have had the scores or the catches, meaning that it's a two point performance.