Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:40 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 82
Default Mark Ingram

First off, I don't think I have the required posts to open a thread and if moderators delete this due to that, I am okay with it.

Second. According to Yahoo! NO MAY (I doubt it happens but MAY) trade away Mark Ingram, which had me thinking. A lot of people wanted Marcus Lattimore (and no I'm not saying Ingram=Lattimore in skill) but if you could get Ingram at a relatively cheap price (ie. 4th or later) would you take that and not be as high on needing an all-purpose back and just wait on a COP back later in the draft?

Link to reference where I got my idea: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7118--nfl.html
Old 10-30-2012, 11:46 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 48571
Default Re: Mark Ingram

Save the pick, Ingram isn't that great as a pro.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:57 AM
VIP Member

I really wouldn't know. I don't get to watch football often right now but I figured he might not be as terrible as his stats sound for the simple reason he plays in an air offense headed by Drew Brees. Thought maybe, given a chance that he played in an offense like ours or Pitts he would be "good" just not elite. And the fact that he has only played 17 games meant that he has a lot left on his tires compared to other RBs already in the NFL
Old 10-30-2012, 11:57 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6698

If you're talking a 4th round or later pick, you make that move. I doubt you will find a decent pro in the 4th.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:50 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25761

I like Ingram and think on a team dedicated to the run game (new orleans couldn't give a crap about it) he can be successful. He needs his 20 carries though. Gets better as he wears the defense down. Sadly that isn't what we need right now.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1025

If mike brown wanted a winning team, which we know he doesnt, just wants to make dat money money.......

but IF he wanted a winning team, he would find a way to bring in Jones Drew. Everyone knows he wants a contract and wants out of Jacsonville.

Seeing how Magic Mike wont spend the money, its only wishful thinking.

So which RB are we drafting??
Old 10-30-2012, 02:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

I'd love Ingram personally. Maybe not exactly what we need, but he's certainly an upgrade. I'm not picky, I just want someone who can find his own holes and help in the passing game.

DeAngelo Williams, Steven Jackson, Mark Ingram, I don't care.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:00 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6698

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewee28 View Post
If mike brown wanted a winning team, which we know he doesnt, just wants to make dat money money.......

but IF he wanted a winning team, he would find a way to bring in Jones Drew. Everyone knows he wants a contract and wants out of Jacsonville.

Seeing how Magic Mike wont spend the money, its only wishful thinking.

So which RB are we drafting??
While I realize that having a good RB is important, I don't see laying down $10 million per year on one. That would be insane.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3329

I'd rather have Chris Ivory over Ingram. But with the Saints saying that Ivory won't be traded, I can't see them willing to trade Ingram either. Then again, offering a third-round pick or higher, especially for Ivory, may make them change their minds.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5199

I would ship a 4th this year and a conditional pick next year for Ingram. I don't think that kid has been given the chance to succeed in New Orleans.
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Old 10-30-2012, 06:12 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9925

I'd take Helen Keller over BJGE at this point.

He is a scrub. Point blank.

A wise man once told me, your love life will never get boring if you imagine an 18 year old, turn the lights off, and dont feel around with your hands!
Old 10-30-2012, 06:49 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerstripes View Post
While I realize that having a good RB is important, I don't see laying down $10 million per year on one. That would be insane.
anything is insane to mike brown lol if it involves money
Old 10-30-2012, 10:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1378

We may end up winning 4-5 games this year and knowing MB, he'll use tht top #1 pick on a RB. We do need a RB. Should have taken Martin or Ballard or another one of these guys that is performing well but we waited until rd 7. Use one of our 2nd rd picks on a RB this coming year while using the other on a top Safety and the #1 pick on an impact OLB.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:54 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1738

I'm still ****** that we passed on Lamar Miller when he fell all the way to the 4th.

Ingram never struck me as a starting caliber NFL back, but he would be an upgrade over BJGE imo.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:08 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 45418

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKUATO View Post
First off, I don't think I have the required posts to open a thread and if moderators delete this due to that, I am okay with it.

Second. According to Yahoo! NO MAY (I doubt it happens but MAY) trade away Mark Ingram, which had me thinking. A lot of people wanted Marcus Lattimore (and no I'm not saying Ingram=Lattimore in skill) but if you could get Ingram at a relatively cheap price (ie. 4th or later) would you take that and not be as high on needing an all-purpose back and just wait on a COP back later in the draft?

Link to reference where I got my idea: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7118--nfl.html
The first line of your post had me thinking that we were in for one of those goofy threads that most noobs are well known for around here, hence the minimum post rule, but then I was shocked to see a thread topic of good substance. Seems like you are a good fit around here, so Heres to you...welcome to the boards NKUATO.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:12 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8519

Highly doubt that the 'Aints will give up on Ingram so soon, but I'd give up a 3rd rounder for him without a 2nd thought. He's a solid runner and would upgrade our run game. Just can't see it happening.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25761

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bech72 View Post
Highly doubt that the 'Aints will give up on Ingram so soon, but I'd give up a 3rd rounder for him without a 2nd thought. He's a solid runner and would upgrade our run game. Just can't see it happening.
He struggles in New Orleans because he needs his 20 carries like in college. Gets stronger every carry. Needs to be fed.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 45418

I like Ingram because he is young and talented and would get plenty of chances to show off his skills here in Cincy.
Sometimes a guy just needs to fit into a system and I think he would certainly be worth a 3rd rd pick.
I think he has tons of potential to be a really good back.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:52 AM
VIP Member

Yea, I could see giving up a third rounder for Ingram but I was really hoping to keep that for a S like Rambo (I haven't had a real chance to watch him play, but from what everyone raves I want him too). I theorized that IF we offered a 4th this year and like Burma said, maybe a conditional pick for him.

And I don't see it as completely farfetched to consider the Saints to trade away Ingram for a 4th, especially a 3rd when he is their third RB on their unofficial Depth Chart (to the point they've picked up Darren Sproles the year after picking Ingram [yes, he's a COP back but he's still above him on Depth despite coming in later])

Personally, if I'm an organization like the Saints who have a crap ton tied up in QB (which imo, Brees deserves without a doubt), and other RBs, you want to unload on a 1st round RB whom by all other standards has failed.

In regards to BJGE, he doesn't really deserve the hate he is getting here. When we consider that his reputation for not fumbling comes with a NE OLine that prevented him from being touched until the 3rd level (yes, I'm exaggerating but it's not as off as it sounds) you don't have to worry bout having the ball stripped. Here he's been getting hit by opposing DLines

Edit: forgot to post link to validate my claims: http://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/depth-chart.html

Last edited by NKUATO; 10-31-2012 at 02:07 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4116

Ingram reminds me a little like Marshawn Lynch; in that he gets buried in a backfield that doesn't know how to utilize him properly. I think he's got plenty of talent. Not sure how I feel about giving up draft picks, but nonetheless.