Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:08 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18405
Default Guys, at this point all you can do is laugh.

Seriously, why even allow this to ruin your Sunday at this point in this season? In the grand scheme of things, yes, the Bengals **** me off. But I'm done this year getting upset about the individual games. The season is over, and at this point every loss just means a higher pick, and ever so slightly increases the chance maybe there are some changes made after the season.

What kind of team loses 4 in a row, when 3 of them were at home, and 3 of them were against teams with losing records?

That's funny.

What kind of team inks a coach to a two year extension after NINE years with a sub .500 record and ZERO playoff wins?

That's funny.

What kind of team tried to make Benjarvis Green Ellis a bell cow back, with no real change of pace back to split time with?

That's funny.

What kind of team completely ignores the WR2, RB2, MLB, SS positions, when they have ample cap room?

That's funny.

What kind of team brings Chris Crocker back over, and over, and over again? Why not just solidify the position enough to where you have a better option than Chris freakin Crocker? How hard is that to accomplish?

That's funny.

I could keep going. I know it's not really "ha ha" "Will Ferrell" funny, but it's still kinda funny. They're a total joke.

Did anyone really, really have a good feeling that we going to win this before, or even during the game? Even with the lead I never once thought that we had a "good" chance at winning today.

Anybody think we have a good chance next week? That would make 5 straight losses, with 4 of the 5 coming at home. Any other coach gets fired at that point. Marv won't, so again, just laugh it off.

When they screw up, fall on the face, blow it, don't pretend like we didn't all see it coming. Just chuckle and say "that's my Bengals."

And the good news is it may even get funnier. If Marvin Lewis is on that sideline this time next year, then we're back to being the laughingstock of the league. This franchise is joke city. I for one am done getting upset. Losers usually lose, and this franchise is filled with plenty of losers, and one heckuva clown.

Hey, at least we'll probably have a top 10 pick for the 5th time in Marvin's 10 years. (Now that's funny)
Old 11-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Banned

Rep Points: -69
Default Re: Guys, at this point all you can do is laugh.

Dude, you have been buying the Kool-aid, why stop now.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:12 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keller View Post
Dude, you have been buying the Kool-aid, why stop now.
Oh yeah? Oh yeah!!!

Seriously, I'm the furthest thing possible from someone that's been drinking the "kool aid". You got me confused with someone else, brother.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:12 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 15055

I'm with you Toast and am at the laughing point as well. Although I still get little upset, shake my head, and then laugh.

Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Old 11-04-2012, 10:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast Jones View Post
Did anyone really, really have a good feeling that we going to win this before, or even during the game? Even with the lead I never once thought that we had a "good" chance at winning today.
No, I never felt comfortable with that lead. You knew, just knew, that 3 point lead (at 20-17) wasn't going to hold, or get built upon by us, and so we proceeded to get outscored 14-3. No wonder the place emptied like a tornado warning was issued.

Will the next person that sees ANYBODY throw anything onto this field, point 'em out...and get 'em out of here - you don't live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinnati! - Sam Wyche

Old 11-04-2012, 10:15 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 273

We are already and still the laughing stock of the league! There is no respect toward the Bengals or this organization. And the sad thing is they have drug the whole city down with them! They stink! Why? Because MB just doesn't care! Not watching them anymore, I don't even care anymore! Already sold my tickets for next weeks game to a Giants fan! Mike Brown I am through with you and this team until some real changes happen, like winning football games on a consistent basis! Like year after year, like the Steelers and Ravens!
Old 11-04-2012, 10:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Greg View Post
We are already and still the laughing stock of the league! There is no respect toward the Bengals or this organization. And the sad thing is they have drug the whole city down with them! They stink! Why? Because MB just doesn't care! Not watching them anymore, I don't even care anymore! Already sold my tickets for next weeks game to a Giants fan! Mike Brown I am through with you and this team until some real changes happen, like winning football games on a consistent basis! Like year after year, like the Steelers and Ravens!
You can see it in the national coverage we (don't) get. We're not even an afterthought anymore: we simply don't exist to the rest of the league. The rest of the year we'll only be reported on as cannon fodder for whatever QB rolls into PBS and chews us up and spits us out. Cue Eli, Carson, Romo, Flacco

Will the next person that sees ANYBODY throw anything onto this field, point 'em out...and get 'em out of here - you don't live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinnati! - Sam Wyche

Old 11-04-2012, 10:32 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1327

Here here.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:55 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast Jones View Post
Oh yeah? Oh yeah!!!

Seriously, I'm the furthest thing possible from someone that's been drinking the "kool aid". You got me confused with someone else, brother.
He definitely confused you with someone else

But I agree, it's just comedy at this point. All you can do is point and laugh.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1095
Default "Just Another Bengals Season"

I am just one fan. A fan who regularly attends games, attended Training Camp every year since 2008, owns a lot of merch, and has missed MAYBE 4 Bengals games since 2002.

I'm old enough to remember the '89 SB Loss, The Ickey Shuffle, David Klingler, Ki-Jana Carter, Shake n Blake, and The Coslet-LeBaeu eras. Even Dave Shula.

Today's game was the first time I felt numb. Just emotionless. I woke up, put my Bengals hoodie on, got some food, and sat down to watch the game on TV. The first thing I noted was how I no longer went "all out," attended a bar or Bengals party, or even cared to get motivated.

As the game progressed (and I use that term loosely), I began feeling what I would refer to as the feeling similar to falling out of love, in a relationship. I started realizing that things haven't really changed at all through all the years. I began thinking of all the times I got my hopes up, excited for the upcoming season, the Playoff teases, promising Draft Picks, and hyped players (and coaches).

As the Bengals did what they are best at - disappointing their fans, I found a little piece of reality set in, and a little bit of the misery began to fade away, and things felt a little normal.

Seeing the clock wind down to 3 mins, and hearing the announcers do their best to save ratings, and proclaim that all the Bengals needed was a quick TD, a 2pt Conversion, an onside kick recovery and a FG - all just to send it into Overtime, logic finally broke through.

This is the same old same old story of our Cincinnati Bengals. It's not Andy Dalton's fault any more than it was ever Carson Palmer's fault. It's just the level this organization operates on, from the ground-up.

Look no further than the Head Coach's Career Win-Loss record, and it makes sense to see where the current team sits, in Wins and Losses.

The Cincinnati Bengals have always been a Touchdown, Onside Kick, and a Field Goal away. That's the only thing that's ever been consistent with this franchise.

See you guys next Draft. Who Dey.

Last edited by Jus10; 11-05-2012 at 04:37 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3294

I swear to God, I won't let my kids grow up to be Bengals fans....
Old 11-04-2012, 11:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1327
Default Re: "Just Another Bengals Season"

This perfectly describes how I've been feeling lately, but ironically, I haven't had the motivation to post. This one really hurt though as I live in Denver and hear nothing other than the Broncos greatness day in and out. Seeing their incredible fanbase and professionally run organzation that actually adresses needs in coaching and talent only makes it worse.

I said earlier today that the phrase "3rd and Long" which we are used to hearing over and over this season, not only describes this season, but the entire franchise.

The odds are always against us. We all have a glimmer of hope. But at the end of the day, we never deliver.

-Marvin Lewis
Old 11-04-2012, 11:04 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 218

I hear you. I'm not even mad after this game. After fifteen seasons, I have finally learned to take my emotions out of this. I actually only watched about two quarters, and even though those two quarters were on the tv, I was browsing on my phone for most of it.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2475

If they wouldn't have started the season 3-1 I wouldn't be as upset. But now, yeah, all I can do is laugh. I don't bother watching them anymore.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:05 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 273

Tired of this crap every year! Mr. Brown do us all a favor and sell this team to someone who really cares!
Old 11-04-2012, 11:06 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1439

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
He definitely confused you with someone else

But I agree, it's just comedy at this point. All you can do is point and laugh.
I hit a new level of being completely numb to it today. Not happy or mad.

There is quite literally just no end in sight to the whole fiasco. None of this management group is going anywhere soon.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:16 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7000

You forgot the most important point:

What kind of person keeps coming back for more and more hoping this season will be different and it never is?

A Bengals fan

yeah you have to laugh cause if we can't laugh at ourselves what can we laugh at?

We might be laughing out of frustration but know who's laughing cause his pockets are so full of money he doesn't know where else to stuff it? yup Mike "Scrooge" Brown
Old 11-04-2012, 11:17 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21759

Right on Toast.

This team is a train wreck from top to bottom !

What other NFL team would have a starting MLB who couldn't put fear in a kindergarten girl ?
Old 11-04-2012, 11:30 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 55

And there are still morons on this forum that are figuring how the chips have to fall for the Bungles to have a shot at the playoffs. Put down your crack pipe.

This season was kaput after game one. Could not understand how this team could come out and look like complete and utter garbage in every phase of the game. We will now get to "Palmerize" and possibly ruin another high draft pick.

I don't watch them anymore either because I always end up feeling like I've been scammed somehow. The Bungles are so bad that I couldn't watch them even if I wanted to as they are not televised, and I am in central Ohio.

You are right-all we can do is laugh. Mike is laughing too-laughing at all of those that keep showing up at PBS. The really funny thing is that the locals that attend still buy tickets even after they footed the bill for the stadium as well.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:40 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 7519

What's funny? The Bengals taking the lead in the 4th quarter.
What's funny? The Bengals defense for the most part shutting down Peyton Manning (and our run defense dropping its efficacy when Peko left the game).
What's funny? 2 stupid ST plays costing the Bengals 10 points.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:42 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
What's funny? The Bengals defense for the most part shutting down Peyton Manning (and our run defense dropping its efficacy when Peko left the game).
You're funny.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
PS When is giving up just shy of 300 yards and 3 TD's shutting a QB down?

PPS Those stupid ST plays costing the Bengals 10 points are just more evidence that this team is a joke. Good teams don't make those mistakes. Good teams don't give up a return coming right out of half time, knowing you're kicking off, and to a speedster. But we aren't a good team.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:47 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 21759

Quote:
Don't care how you spin it, bottom line = L
Old 11-04-2012, 11:52 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 131

Quote:
And what was funny in the last game? And the game before that? And every game since dear old NFL genius Mike Brown took over this team???? Yep, they are really close now! LOL
Old 11-04-2012, 11:53 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24924

I sat in the Seattle airport and watched the first half expecting to see us do exactly what we did. Put up a good fight, but choke down the stretch.

This team is never prepared to play. NEVER. When we win, it requires that other teams let us beat them or beat themselves.