Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Game Day!!

Game Day!! A place to discuss the current games during the games themselves.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:52 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8921
Default Re: Think AJ will leave eventually ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyaoutkast View Post
i understand our team has been inconsistent for decades but we really are the worst fans in the nfl lol. the browns have s u c k e d for many years as well but there fans never seem to jump ovr the deep end... o well
get a clue
4th Cameron Fleming T
5th AJ McCarron QB
6th Justin Jones TE
6th Beau Allen DT
7th Yawin Smallwood LB
7th Anthony Steen G
UDFA Keith Smith LB
UDFA Austin Franklin WR
UDFA Dede Lattimore LB
UDFA Jerome Smith RB
UDFA Chaz Sutton DE
UDFA Josh Stewart WR
UDFA Avery Patterson CB
UDFA Antonio Andrews RB
http://youtu.be/TOFXFOvqlXE
A wise man learns from his mistakes but a wiser man learns from other peoples mistakes
Old 11-04-2012, 05:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2369

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopbengals View Post
You expect it when we have the worst overall fanbase in the NFL. We have some diehard fans, but for every diehard there are 5 worthless fans.
im a diehard too it just stinks
Old 11-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 3179

Cart..before..horse. The guy is in the 2nd year of his 4 year rookie contract. No one knows what'll happen in the next year or two in terms of Wins vs. losses, personnel changes or coaching staff.

-The Rookie Connection-
Old 11-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
You expect it when we have the worst overall fanbase in the NFL. We have some diehard fans, but for every diehard there are 5 worthless fans.
How the **** do we have the worst fanbase in the NFL?? What merits are you using to measure our worth as fans? I don't buy that bull **** for a second.

-The Rookie Connection-
Old 11-04-2012, 06:45 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 719

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniversal View Post
How the **** do we have the worst fanbase in the NFL?? What merits are you using to measure our worth as fans? I don't buy that bull **** for a second.
I can measure because people who are making threads about our best player leaving, and people are hoping he will leave. That's why. No self respecting fan of any team would ever wish that. I didn't read every single post, but unless you were one of those my post did not include you. Overreact much?
Old 11-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I can measure because people who are making threads about our best player leaving, and people are hoping he will leave. That's why. No self respecting fan of any team would ever wish that. I didn't read every single post, but unless you were one of those my post did not include you. Overreact much?
Overreaction? Not at all. We've managed to sell out every game this season and we're somehow the worst fanbase? Also any fanbase has irrational/idiotic fans. That's not particular to the Bengals nor does it make us the worst fanbase in the NFL because of a few marginal fans say idiotic things. The chargers fans are no doubt worse then us. They don't support the team when they win!! Same with the Bucs fans.

-The Rookie Connection-
Old 11-04-2012, 07:26 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 41165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
When his rookie deal is up you think he will leave ? If we keep up on these roller coaster seasons......I think we can say bye bye to AJ unfortunately, i love the Bengals but its a shame
I don't think he will. Chad Johnson proved you could be here and be a huge marketing product. I think the city fits his personality and Mike Brown will pay him. The question you should be asking is will Mike Brown know when to let him go, or will he keep milking him just to sell tickets when he is over the hill like they did with Chad while Simpson rotted on the bench.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

The negativity on these boards truly amazes me sometimes. You'd think we just lost 16 straight. Not excusing todays loss, but we're talking about losing a player in the second year of his contract? Get ahold of yourselves......
Old 11-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
The negativity on these boards truly amazes me sometimes. You'd think we just lost 16 straight. Not excusing todays loss, but we're talking about losing a player in the second year of his contract? Get ahold of yourselves......
Yea seriously...

-The Rookie Connection-
Old 11-04-2012, 08:04 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 379

I would franchise tag him every year for the rest of his career--> (if that's what it takes to keep him here)
Old 11-04-2012, 08:05 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1350

Quote:
Oh just shut up. This team is lucky to have any fans, diehard or worthless. This franchise has been voted worst in all of professional sports. Why would we somehow have the best fanbase?
Old 11-04-2012, 11:05 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 26727

The Patriots, Cowboys, Packers, Giants, and Texans would all make Mike Brown offers for AJ Green he couldn't refuse. You think someone like Aaron Rodgers or Matt Schaub wouldn't drool all over their jerseys at the thought of being able to throw to AJ?
Old 11-04-2012, 11:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
The Patriots, Cowboys, Packers, Giants, and Texans would all make Mike Brown offers for AJ Green he couldn't refuse. You think someone like Aaron Rodgers or Matt Schaub wouldn't drool all over their jerseys at the thought of being able to throw to AJ?
Remember when Washington offered a first, and a conditional 3rd that could become a first for Chad Johnson? This was in the midst of a 550 yard season mind you, and Mike Brown shot that down as quickly as he heard it.

There's no way in hell AJ is getting out of here until his contract runs out. AJ has the potential to be Chad Johnson plus some. You could offer Mike the entire draft two years in a row and he'd say no just because he's a stubborn old man.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:09 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedNOrange View Post
Oh just shut up. This team is lucky to have any fans, diehard or worthless. This franchise has been voted worst in all of professional sports. Why would we somehow have the best fanbase?
You just prove my point. Everyone feels like they are entitled to something. Well, guess what... You can choose to be a fan of another team if you want to. No one is keeping you here. I also find it funny that you tell me to shut up, but your last sentence agrees with what I said.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-05-2012, 12:11 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
You just prove my point. Everyone feels like they are entitled to something. Well, guess what... You can choose to be a fan of another team if you want to. No one is keeping you here. I also find it funny that you tell me to shut up, but your last sentence agrees with what I said.

Can you chose to be a fan of another team though? Because I can't....
Old 11-05-2012, 12:23 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
Can you chose to be a fan of another team though? Because I can't....
No, I couldn't and don't get me wrong. I don't mind people complaining and such, but throwing out stupid comments like they hope that AJ leaves just crosses the line.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:44 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10359

I think Green will stay. Brown actually does pretty well with paying for stars on the team (except for Smith and Joseph). Plus, I don't think Green is much of a diva WR, so I could definitely see him stay.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:44 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3604

AJ is has already made his way into the discussion for a spot in the top 3 WRs in the league, all while being on a vastly inferior team. I agree that without AJ in our future, the Bengals will only spiral downwards back into inferiority (rather than mediocrity.)

I would never want AJ to leave, I hope that he retires a Bengal. That said, if AJ puts in the work, plays his heart out for our team up to the day his contract ends, it's his choice on where to take his talents, and I can't really hold that against him. So let's hope that we can get a decent team and coaching staff around here and never make him want to consider leaving.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:49 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1350

Quote:

1) Actually, no I can't just choose another team and there is something keeping me here. It's called being born and raised in Cincinnati. I have been a fan my entire life so I cannot just get up and leave.
2) My point is to stop throwing the fanbase under the bus. If you are not happy about the fans, blame the organization.
3) Talk about being a hypocrite. In you first post you complain about worthless fans. Then in your second post you basically tell us to be bandwagon fans. When things are bad, go "be a fan of another team". So you are ok with bandwagoners but dislike "worthless" fans?
Old 11-05-2012, 11:29 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 25797

Of course he is gone... He's a bright kid.
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people
Old 11-05-2012, 11:31 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8809

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
When his rookie deal is up you think he will leave ? If we keep up on these roller coaster seasons......I think we can say bye bye to AJ unfortunately, i love the Bengals but its a shame
He's going to pull a Forrest Gump one day and run into the tunnel and out the stadium and never look back.

Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.

"I don't care if it's a passing league or not. Since the beginning of time when playoffs started championship teams are built on running the ball and stopping the run. That’s the recipe since football started. We have to be a better team in those situations. Attacking them where we know we can beat them at."
--- Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis
Old 11-05-2012, 11:53 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedNOrange View Post
1) Actually, no I can't just choose another team and there is something keeping me here. It's called being born and raised in Cincinnati. I have been a fan my entire life so I cannot just get up and leave.
2) My point is to stop throwing the fanbase under the bus. If you are not happy about the fans, blame the organization.
3) Talk about being a hypocrite. In you first post you complain about worthless fans. Then in your second post you basically tell us to be bandwagon fans. When things are bad, go "be a fan of another team". So you are ok with bandwagoners but dislike "worthless" fans?
No, I'm tired of fans that feel like they are entitled to something from any franchise. I don't care if you do pay for tickets or buy gear, that's a choice you made yourself. I don't mind people complaining about the team doing bad but there's a huge difference between complaints and entitlement. To answer your last question, I am not okay with either but I would be nicer to a bandwagon fan than someone who makes a post about wishing our best player leaves.

I find it funny that you would take offense to a post I made about OBVIOUS dumb fans. Unless you are one of them, why are you taking such offense to my post? Also, why do you take one post with a couple sentences that I made as an answer to why someone would want Green gone as me being upset with the fan base? You are the one blowing my post up buddy, not me.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:57 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniversal View Post
Overreaction? Not at all. We've managed to sell out every game this season and we're somehow the worst fanbase? Also any fanbase has irrational/idiotic fans. That's not particular to the Bengals nor does it make us the worst fanbase in the NFL because of a few marginal fans say idiotic things. The chargers fans are no doubt worse then us. They don't support the team when they win!! Same with the Bucs fans.
We have managed sell outs due to the fans of other teams, not because of Bengals fans entirely. The difference between us and the Chargers is that the Chargers are in a market located in California. That means even if their fan base isn't up to par, they still have a national following unlike a Cincy team.

All of you are taking a post that I directed towards someone asking why someone would want to get rid of our best player WAY too seriously. I don't mind people that complain or even people that decide they are boycotting games. I do mind when people make stupid off the wall comments about wanting our best player to leave.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:47 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadance02 View Post
Dalton is doing just fine throwing him the ball. He's already one of the top 5 WRs in the league.

And it's pretty sad that you hope he leaves.
Brady or Rodgers would make him a 1 or 2 top in the NFL..Dalton *****..
Old 11-06-2012, 02:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1282

If AJ leaves I will no longer be a fan of this team.

@henrizzle182
ಠ_ಠ