Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:55 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 51452
Default Re: Guys, at this point all you can do is laugh.

I've been laughing since Mike Brown did his midseason speech during the 2008 season.

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-220
Old 11-04-2012, 11:07 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1095
Default Re: "Just Another Bengals Season"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Greg View Post
Tired of this crap every year! Mr. Brown do us all a favor and sell this team to someone who really cares!
..or just do the honorable thing, and step down.

I'd prefer to have the Bengals in Cincy. The Common Denominator must go.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 142

I didn't think they had a chance today. Didn't waste my Sunday watching them. I saw the first quarter then went on to do something relevant. Not surprised at all with the result. And honestly didn't really care cause I never once thought they might win today. It *****. They ****.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:09 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10407

You know what's funny?

The way the organization is run is similar to the on field play.

For every good thing that happens there are several disasters to follow.

We get a good turnover... it gets Fd up. We get great field position... it gets Fd up.

A guy is making a great play... the ball gets turned over or we get a stupid penalty.

We get rid of Palmer and get great draft picks for him... it gets Fd up.

We sign free agents... they blow up in the Bengals face.

It's a mixture of bad luck and bad decisions that happen over and over again.

Today's game would have been better to be over at halftime. Instead we get this dangling carrot and once again get suckered into watching the whole fiasco.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:11 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19898

Yes it is, and until there's a complete culture change around here nothing will change. We need a new HC in a bad, bad way.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:11 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus10 View Post
I am just one fan. A fan who regularly attends games, attended Training Camp every year since 2008, owns a lot of merch, and has missed MAYBE 4 Bengals games since 2002.

I'm old enough to remember the '89 SB Loss, The Ickey Shuffle, David Klingler, Ki-Jana Carter, Shake n Blake, and The Coslet-LeBaeu eras. Even Dave Shula.

Today's game was the first time I felt numb. Just emotionless. I woke up, put my Bengals hoodie on, got some food, and sat down to watch the game on TV. The first thing I noted was how I no longer went "all out," attended a bar or Bengals party, or even cared to get motivated.

As the game progressed (and I use that term loosely), I began feeling what I would refer to as the feeling similar to falling out of love, in a relationship. I started realizing that things haven't really changed at all through all the years. I began thinking of all the times I got my hopes up, excited for the upcoming season, the Playoff teases, promising Draft Picks, and hyped players (and coaches).

As the Bengals did what they are best at - disappointing their fans, I found a little piece of reality set in, and a little bit of the misery began to fade away, and things felt a little normal.

Seeing the clock wind down to 3 mins, and hearing the announcers do their best to save ratings, and proclaim that all the Bengals needed was a quick TD, a 2pt Conversion, an onside kick recovery and a FG - all just to send it into Overtime, logic finally broke through.

This is the same old same old story of our Cincinnati Bengals. It's not Andy Dalton's fault and more than it was ever Carson Palmer's fault. It's just the way this organization operates on, from the ground-up.

Look no further than the Head Coach's Career Win-Loss record, and it makes sense to see where the current team sits, in Wins and Losses.

The Cincinnati Bengals have always been a Touchdown, Onside Kick, and a Field Goal away. That's the only thing that's ever been consistent with this franchise.

See you guys next Draft. Who Dey.
I have attended games since the inaugural 1968 season. I noticed it for the first time in over 40 years, I knew they were going to lose and I didn't mind, and I didn't care who's fault it was. Your analogy, a TD, a 2 point conversion, a triple Lindy and miracle, is brilliant.

I will say, from the start of the franchise until about 1990, it was great to be a Bengal fan. They won important games and you believed in the team year in and year out, and, often enough, they came through.

Now, not so much.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:27 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 2414

I admit it, I chucked when we broke out the shovel pass to Leonard because it was then I knew we were doomed.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:31 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 669
Default We are Terrible.

We're not good, and judging by all the robot interviews I just read through our players won't speak up, it's the same old crap. We need to keep fighting, need to push through, make sure we do out jobs and blahhh blahhhhh blahhh.

Out O line is ridiculous. I get jealous watching other o lines. We have no run game and our pass protection is poopy doop. The giants are going to murdalize them next week.

We're not playing our best receivers enough consistently. Sanu or jones or even Whalen

Our secondary is suspect.

Rey shouldn't be an nfl starter

My girlfriend knew they would run the ball when it was an audible.

Marvin Lewis needs to let go and let his coaches coach. He is a horrible decision maker.

Why do we always run on first down, typically?

I love the bengals but it seems as if everyone sees what's wrong except the people coaching or controlling the team and the decisions it makes.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:36 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1035

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast Jones View Post
Seriously, why even allow this to ruin your Sunday at this point in this season? In the grand scheme of things, yes, the Bengals **** me off. But I'm done this year getting upset about the individual games. The season is over, and at this point every loss just means a higher pick, and ever so slightly increases the chance maybe there are some changes made after the season.

What kind of team loses 4 in a row, when 3 of them were at home, and 3 of them were against teams with losing records?

That's funny.

What kind of team inks a coach to a two year extension after NINE years with a sub .500 record and ZERO playoff wins?

That's funny.

What kind of team tried to make Benjarvis Green Ellis a bell cow back, with no real change of pace back to split time with?

That's funny.

What kind of team completely ignores the WR2, RB2, MLB, SS positions, when they have ample cap room?

That's funny.

What kind of team brings Chris Crocker back over, and over, and over again? Why not just solidify the position enough to where you have a better option than Chris freakin Crocker? How hard is that to accomplish?

That's funny.

I could keep going. I know it's not really "ha ha" "Will Ferrell" funny, but it's still kinda funny. They're a total joke.

Did anyone really, really have a good feeling that we going to win this before, or even during the game? Even with the lead I never once thought that we had a "good" chance at winning today.

Anybody think we have a good chance next week? That would make 5 straight losses, with 4 of the 5 coming at home. Any other coach gets fired at that point. Marv won't, so again, just laugh it off.

When they screw up, fall on the face, blow it, don't pretend like we didn't all see it coming. Just chuckle and say "that's my Bengals."

And the good news is it may even get funnier. If Marvin Lewis is on that sideline this time next year, then we're back to being the laughingstock of the league. This franchise is joke city. I for one am done getting upset. Losers usually lose, and this franchise is filled with plenty of losers, and one heckuva clown.

Hey, at least we'll probably have a top 10 pick for the 5th time in Marvin's 10 years. (Now that's funny)
So sad all you can do is laugh about it. I watch or listen to EVERY game, I was having a good day today and felt good with my 1 hr of extra sleep. SO, i decided to just record the game and go on with my day. A co-worker blurted out the score later in the day. So idk i might watch it later or I may just tune in, next week when the Giants hands us our 5th straight.. at this point any1 thinking playoffs still are lunatics, its the first week of November and im already to start looking at the draft, and hoping some of our young guys get some pt and experience for next year

But, anyways your right.... it has gotten to a point to where all you can do is laugh it off and wonder how they are going to waste thier talent and blow it the next week =/
Old 11-04-2012, 11:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Default Re: We are Terrible.

Most would think Sanu and even Whalen would have been used going into this game.

Sanu is obviously more physical and could give Andy better pass scenarios than Tate/Hawk/Binns.

Whalen would have brought some much needed hands for 3rd down conversions instead of soley relying on Gresh for them(God help us).

So Sanu makes a great play during the game. Then jumps for a way overthrown ball in the endzone. Never to be seen again. WTF?

Leonard is sparking the run game and running it right at their D line. Only to be wasted by calling a stupid time out and trying some halfassed play with Hawkins. Just an FYI to the frickin coaches. That kind of stuff only works with a more open field. NOT in the red zone where defenders are more in close proximity to shut it down.

I just don't understand the decisions this coaching staff makes. It's flat out idiotic.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1954

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlotharw View Post
I have attended games since the inaugural 1968 season. I noticed it for the first time in over 40 years, I knew they were going to lose and I didn't mind, and I didn't care who's fault it was. Your analogy, a TD, a 2 point conversion, a triple Lindy and miracle, is brilliant.

I will say, from the start of the franchise until about 1990, it was great to be a Bengal fan. They won important games and you believed in the team year in and year out, and, often enough, they came through.

Now, not so much.
What the OP said so very well and your comments are exactly the feelings of almost all of us. Anyone who does not agree, is likely delusional at best. Sure the Bengals will probably win a game, or two, before this season fades into the blur of so many other seasons since poor, pitiful, Mikey Brown became head ______ (fill in the blank).

When I watched the Steelers beat the Giants today by sheer will and determination and with their third string RB who is way better than our primary RB - much bigger, faster, stronger; hyper-fast WRs and adept kick returners, etc, etc., I realize just how pathetic this franchise really is. Don't even get me started on the defensive comparison. The Steeler organization makes the Mikey show look like kindergarten. Move along, folks, there is nothing to see (hope for) here.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:45 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 188

at least The Walking Dead comes on sundays lol
Old 11-04-2012, 11:47 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 803

Very good post. I'm glad to know that I am not the only one feeling this way.

I have had season tickets since 2005. Always looked forward to games.

Today, I went expecting the team to lose. The whole crowd was numb. The defensive line would try to get the fans fired up, When the fans responded, we would watch the Bengals give up another first down. Demoralizing as hell.

I will go to the remainder of games because I have already paid for the tickets and parking pass. But now, I go to games out of obligation. I no longer go to games with joy or hope. I go expecting to watch a team that can't figure out how to win.

Really thinking about canceling season tickets for next year.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1954

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsRocker View Post
Most would think Sanu and even Whalen would have been used going into this game.

Sanu is obviously more physical and could give Andy better pass scenarios than Tate/Hawk/Binns.

Whalen would have brought some much needed hands for 3rd down conversions instead of soley relying on Gresh for them(God help us).

So Sanu makes a great play during the game. Then jumps for a way overthrown ball in the endzone. Never to be seen again. WTF?

Leonard is sparking the run game and running it right at their D line. Only to be wasted by calling a stupid time out and trying some halfassed play with Hawkins. Just an FYI to the frickin coaches. That kind of stuff only works with a more open field. NOT in the red zone where defenders are more in close proximity to shut it down.

I just don't understand the decisions this coaching staff makes. It's flat out idiotic.
Maybe the personnel and play calling decisions are state of the art in Arena Football...just not the NFL.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:51 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyaoutkast View Post
at least The Walking Dead comes on sundays lol
Yes, now if we could only get rid of Lori and Carl. I might enjoy it even more.

It'll never happen. Just like things on this team.

Maybe they could give Marv an A1 bath instead of a Gatorade one after a loss. Then throw him out to the walkers.

Last edited by BengalsRocker; 11-04-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:54 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8978

i say we let aj green sit next week it's not we are in the hunt for playoffs anyway. start sanu and see if we need to draft another wide receiver early next draft.
4th Brandon Ivory DT
4th Corey Robinson T
5th Kenny Bell WR
5th Cedric Reed DE
6th Malcolm Brown RB
7th Derrick Malone LB
2014 draft
1st Deone Bucannon S
2nd Cyrus Kouandjio T
3rd Pierre Desir CB
UDFA Keith Smith LB
UDFA Austin Franklin WR
UDFA Dede Lattimore LB
UDFA Jerome Smith RB
UDFA Chaz Sutton DE
UDFA Josh Stewart WR
UDFA Avery Patterson CB
UDFA Antonio Andrews RB
Old 11-04-2012, 11:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 24543

Yeah, most of the fight went out of me after the Cleveland game. I quit kidding myself after that debacle.

I still watch every game and I still hope for the unlikely upset that will make the season less of a bummer, but I care significantly less. When games are meaningful, I chomp at the bit all week thinking about the game. Now, it's just a thing I do b/c there are only so many games in a season.

I'm starting to view the Bengals like a parent views a child that generally ***** at everything. It's tough to watch everyone else's kids doing great and making them proud, but in the end it's your kid and you love them. The Bengals are junk, but they're my team. They've been my team long enough for me to know that it's best not to get too worked up about disappointment.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:00 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast Jones View Post
Seriously, why even allow this to ruin your Sunday at this point in this season? In the grand scheme of things, yes, the Bengals **** me off. But I'm done this year getting upset about the individual games. The season is over, and at this point every loss just means a higher pick, and ever so slightly increases the chance maybe there are some changes made after the season.

What kind of team loses 4 in a row, when 3 of them were at home, and 3 of them were against teams with losing records?

That's funny.

What kind of team inks a coach to a two year extension after NINE years with a sub .500 record and ZERO playoff wins?

That's funny.

What kind of team tried to make Benjarvis Green Ellis a bell cow back, with no real change of pace back to split time with?

That's funny.

What kind of team completely ignores the WR2, RB2, MLB, SS positions, when they have ample cap room?

That's funny.

What kind of team brings Chris Crocker back over, and over, and over again? Why not just solidify the position enough to where you have a better option than Chris freakin Crocker? How hard is that to accomplish?

That's funny.

I could keep going. I know it's not really "ha ha" "Will Ferrell" funny, but it's still kinda funny. They're a total joke.

Did anyone really, really have a good feeling that we going to win this before, or even during the game? Even with the lead I never once thought that we had a "good" chance at winning today.

Anybody think we have a good chance next week? That would make 5 straight losses, with 4 of the 5 coming at home. Any other coach gets fired at that point. Marv won't, so again, just laugh it off.

When they screw up, fall on the face, blow it, don't pretend like we didn't all see it coming. Just chuckle and say "that's my Bengals."

And the good news is it may even get funnier. If Marvin Lewis is on that sideline this time next year, then we're back to being the laughingstock of the league. This franchise is joke city. I for one am done getting upset. Losers usually lose, and this franchise is filled with plenty of losers, and one heckuva clown.

Hey, at least we'll probably have a top 10 pick for the 5th time in Marvin's 10 years. (Now that's funny)
why would i let this team ruin my day. you may have had faith but you know how it goes. the walking dead is so much more enjoyable then watching us play.
p.s i feel so bad for AJ lol
Old 11-05-2012, 12:01 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
Yeah, most of the fight went out of me after the Cleveland game. I quit kidding myself after that debacle.

I still watch every game and I still hope for the unlikely upset that will make the season less of a bummer, but I care significantly less. When games are meaningful, I chomp at the bit all week thinking about the game. Now, it's just a thing I do b/c there are only so many games in a season.

I'm starting to view the Bengals like a parent views a child that generally ***** at everything. It's tough to watch everyone else's kids doing great and making them proud, but in the end it's your kid and you love them. The Bengals are junk, but they're my team. They've been my team long enough for me to know that it's best not to get too worked up about disappointment.
Good analogy. So true, so true.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:03 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23744

Even the most die hard fans among us feel the same way. It's time for Marvin and Co. to resign. We need a massive overhaul.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:04 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 656

Marvin is always giving the same post game speech, its is so old now. I rallied for Doug Martin in the draft, he had 251 yards today and 4 touchdowns. Instead we got a cornerback who cant back pedal and cant get on the field. Will someone hold Marvin and staff accountable please.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Yeah i'm done with hopes in making the playoffs this season...What really ****** me off is when Marvin uses the phrase, "we gotta keep grindin". I've heard that one to many times and i'm sick of it, to the point where i'm in disbelief that he could say the same things over and over in every press confrence. I just have to laugh to myself and say, "Man this guy is a joke, just a complete AssClown"...I just find it really hard to believe that Mike Brown will keep him around for another year after making the playoffs last year, & then we get more talent than what we had last year and absolutly lay an egg this season, it doesn't make any sense.

Mike Brown, do us all a favor, please, for the love of god get rid of Marvin Lewis after the season & find a coach who wants to win and shows that they play to win instead of playing not to lose. Get someone who isn't afraid to rip someones head off. I would take Rob Ryan just because of his attitude, he likes the game and wants to win. Just get someone who shows emotion and shows they want to win. PLEASE
Old 11-05-2012, 12:06 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishouldbegm View Post
i say we let aj green sit next week it's not we are in the hunt for playoffs anyway. start sanu and see if we need to draft another wide receiver early next draft.
lol the moral is very low. cmon guys i know peyton butt r a p e d our spirits but that 6 seed is still wide open in the AFC. can i at least get a sarcastic who dey?
Old 11-05-2012, 12:07 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 729

You keep going to the games, you get what you deserve. Enjoy the Circus!
Old 11-05-2012, 12:09 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 24543

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsRocker View Post
Good analogy. So true, so true.
It's kind of pathetic, but it is what it is. Screwing up is just what they do. I'm not even sure they can help it anymore.

Personally, I'll never quit on being a fan of the Bengals. I hope they run the table and win the next 5 Super Bowls. I hope a lot, but I don't believe at all.