Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:51 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 956
Default Re: Sell the team

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Bengal View Post
I live closest to DC and I like RG3. I've considered it before lol
Lol trading dung for trash. The skins are no good and rg3 can't win games by himself...
Old 11-05-2012, 03:11 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8998

Just sell yourself on eBay. It's not like you wouldn't be the first Bengals fan to cry his way into a couple hundred bucks and a ticket to a bandwagon.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:12 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 633

Virginia is a worthless place to live. Kentucky is a bunch of inbreds but at least they have an excuse. The OP prolly married his cousin...who is the ex of his cousin's cousin. He would root for rapistburger if only he weren't white trash welfare scum.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:12 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 283

With all of us fans on this message boards lets get together fundraise the money then buy the team from Mike Brown
Old 11-05-2012, 04:22 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7048

I don't want this team to move, this is Cincinnati's team and will always be Cincinnati's team. The city would never get another franchise if the Bengals moved, so put that out of you wish list.

Now, new ownership or the franchise handed over to Katie would be nice. Give her a few years and see what happens.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:46 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19904
bengals Re: Sell the team

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Bengal View Post
That's right...come on Mike. Pull an Art Modell

Give me an excuse to jump ship. It's the only excusable one. Even if your team has ****** for the past 25 years
Why do you need someone else to give you an excuse? Freedom of choice brother.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:58 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7447

Im to the point if he moved or sold the team I wouldnt care.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:09 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12096

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGuy View Post
Do you actually think ANY city, no matter how desperate they may be for an NFL franchise, would even remotely begin to even consider the "nowhere near the NFL team" that Mike Brown has produced his entire ownership career and absolutely guarantees to ruthlessly continue???
This times infinity .....
Old 11-05-2012, 07:17 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billgrus View Post
Virginia is a worthless place to live. Kentucky is a bunch of inbreds but at least they have an excuse. The OP prolly married his cousin...who is the ex of his cousin's cousin. He would root for rapistburger if only he weren't white trash welfare scum.
You do realize Ohio is mostly Kentucky transplants who came looking for factory work, right.? Come tell this Kentuckian your trash to my face. See what you get boy.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:23 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16542
Default Re: Here it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
Here is my theory.

Teams like the Cowboys, Packers, Patriots, Steelers, all like to improve there team every year with FA or however because of all the bandwagoners. The bandwagoners are there supporters, and they know if they don't keep there teams up to par then the bandwagoners will be off the wagon quicker than they got on.

A team like us doesn't have bandwagoners. We have legit die hard fans who won't switch to another team, so basically Mike has us by the sack and doesn't care to improve his team.
Cowboys don't improve anything they have national media hype, they are not selling out their games. Packers fans are not bandwagon for the most part
Old 11-05-2012, 08:03 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 959

Discussion after the game was this topic right here.... Why not sell... I want a team in Cincy but it seems that this team is only for profit etc.... Through apparel and selling items with bengals logos etc... I really dont remember when this team Cincinnati Bengals really ever were a threat in football except once or twice in the 80's.... If we did sell I hope another team would come to Cincinnati however... MAYBE COMBINE CLEVELAND AND CINCINNATI AND PUT THEM IN COLUMBUS!!!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:08 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyche'sWarrior View Post
You do realize Ohio is mostly Kentucky transplants who came looking for factory work, right.? Come tell this Kentuckian your trash to my face. See what you get boy.

You are right. There wasn't a single person in Ohio before Kentucky discovered it. LOL
Old 11-05-2012, 08:16 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12577
Default Re: We Don't Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
It would take 4 things to get me fully believing again.

1. Bring in a proven HC. Either Reid, Cowher, Gruden or Payton. Someone of that caliber.

2. Let him have control. I mean real control, not this mythical control that Marv supposedly has.

3. Spend in free agency. I don't mean drop 100 million on a Mario Williams. I mean don't go into a season with 11 million in cap space and several holes unfilled. We could use a veteran receiver and a strong safety in FA.

4. Draft Te'o (looks like we'll get him at this rate) in the first and a speed back in the second round.

It's highly unlikely that the first 3 will happen, so once again I will have my doubts about the home team.
If they do not win any more games, we are looking at a top 5 player.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:22 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
The problem we have is we can't bring in enough good players to turn things around and guys like Gresham regress, Whitworth declines with age, etc.

Also, they make lateral moves like letting Joseph walk and replacing him with Clements, Allen, and Kirkpatrick...so the overall talent doesn't improve. It actually gets worse.

I kind of expect them to let A Smith walk and draft a replacement. Then they'll bring in Simpson at WR.
If they let another young starting quality player walk, and do not bring in a significant FA that is equal to or better than that person, I will be irate.

We cannot keep drafting the exact same positions every 4 years and think you are building through the draft.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:38 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolli View Post
First, pardon me for being presumptuous in the 'We' part, but I believe it to be true.

This season is done.

I think MB has to do something. The fan base is restless and disgruntled. I do not know how they are going to keep their talented players. Would you want to stay here after your rookie contract if the team does not demonstrate a commitment to winning?

What would it take to get you believing again in 2013?

I still have a single last glimmer of hope. We did have a great draft last year, and we are set up to have a good one next year. But that is not enough. MB needs to make a splash in free agency. The team needs to be good at something. As silly as it sounds, which something does not even matter. It just needs to be a rallying point.

You can expect 3 impact players from the draft. If they can add another 2 in free agency, you could have something special. Conversely, if we lose any young starters, and have another hole to fill, it will break the team worse than it is already.
What year did you write this?

And where is this great draft you speak of?
They have so many high picks over the years due to failure , they should be the most talented team in the history of the NFL.

You have a glimmer of hope? Thats why we still have Mikey Brown---too many people have a glimmer of hope for the last 22 years.

I realize that Marvin is an easy target here.
Because we are unable to touch Mikey Brown I think some are venting on the only person we might have some vocal say about. Marvin Lewis.

I wouldn't care if they replaced the entire coaching staff.
But I also realize that marvin lewis is a former NFL coach of the year. Are you going to go out and get better?
I've seen numerous coaches fail under Mike Brown.
All of them FAILED far worse than Marvin Lewis --ALL OF THEM.
No coach worth a damn is going to work for Mike Brown.

So if you believe changing coaches is going to change things---you haven't been paying attention.
Stop pretending the problem is coaching.

Last edited by tmangoud; 11-05-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:40 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmangoud View Post
What year did you write this?

And where is this great draft you speak of?
They have so many high picks over the years due to failure , they should be the most talented team in the history of the NFL.

You have a glimmer of hope? Thats why we still have Mikey Brown---too many people have a glimmer of hope for the last 22 years.
LOL.

Maybe the mods should sticky it. It may be good next year, and the year after, etc....
Old 11-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8571

Quote:
If they let another young starting quality player walk, and do not bring in a significant FA that is equal to or better than that person, I will be irate.

We cannot keep drafting the exact same positions every 4 years and think you are building through the draft.
Fans always say that kind of thing...

When Smith walks, they'll likely do some spin where they can't afford to have 2 highly paid Tackles.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:14 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 297

I couldn't agree more with selling the team. I don't think there is a better answer to the situation currently called the "Cincinnati Bengals".

After reading how much a bind Hamilton County is with the lease and its current budget shortfall, I think this is the best option for the people of Cincinnati. Selling public land, public hospitals, and potentially taking money away from necessary things like infrastructure and education to focus on the Bengals is a disservice to the people of Cincinnati. I don't think the county can afford the Bengals cost, honestly. Taxing the citizens more and more for such a horrible product is not the solution.

Besides, do you know how much the county would gain with whichever owner buys out the rest of the lease? The county could easily take care of its debt shortfall and give back to its citizens. It could invest in a world class infrastructure and lower business taxes to attract investors, businesses, and JOBS! Think of an "IT, energy, healthcare" corridor built right in Cincinnati.

This would be the smartest decision for the people of Cincinnati. As far as a sports team. Cheering for the Bengals is worse than not cheering for an NFL team. The Bengals are not an NFL team. They are too cheap to be considered NFL. Getting rid of the Bengals gets rid of a headache for the people of Cincinnati.

As far as the Bengals themselves. Wherever they move to will undoubtedly demand more of the Bengals than they currently do. Their new location will build them a brand new stadium and everything else and will expect and demand the Bengals match their effort with their own effort and committment to winning. In short - Mike Brown would either have to step down or change how he handles a sports franchise drastically. Only Cincinnatians (sp?) are willing to pay and put up with him. This wouldn't fly in any other city because Mike Brown has every citizen of Cincinnati by the balls. Don't like the commitment to winning? Too bad. Food is bad at the stadium? Too bad. Entertainment is non-existent? Too bad. Songs ****? Too bad. Want an indoor practice field? Too bad? Want an extra scout? Too bad. This kinda stuff wouldn't fly in any other city because Cincy is such a small market.

I honestly think a divorce of the Bengals from Cincy is the best for all 3 sides. For the people of Cincinnati. For the fans of the team. And for the Bengals front office as well.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:28 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 351

Quote:

Best analysis I've seen on these boards. Spot on.

Are they better at #2 WR w/o Simpson?
Are they better at LB w/o Rivers? w/o Brooks?
Are they better at CB w/o Joseph?
Are they better at RB w/o Benson?
Are they better at DE w/o Justin Smith?

In every case, we have the cheaper, younger option? Tate and Marvin Jones. Mauluga and Burfict. Kirkpatrick. BJGE. Dunlap?

The guys we resign are the lower profile, lower paid, re-ups: Whitworth, Peko, Cook, etc.

I think the next up guys are Gresham, Atkins, and Andre. Gresham will want (and get from somebody) Gronkowski - Daniels type money. I'll bet we decide to let him go and resign hotshots Donald Lee and Jamaal Charles, and declare we're better.

Too, we sit idly by at the draft and wait our turn. Why don't we reach for talent/needs like other teams (Cowboys, Patriots, etc.) ? We knew we needed a young RB yet drafted CB, Guard, DT, and a slow WR.
I can see the Guard but the others ???? Golly, Trent Richardson or Doug Martin could have been had if we wanted.

About 1.5 years ago, JJo went to the Texans for $50 M because he thought the TExans had a better chance to become a playoff team than the Bengals. Guess who was right?
Old 11-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8571

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbman1232 View Post
Ok i'm going to sum it all up in 1 thread. Mike Brown is a horrible owner he needs to sell the team. Our entire coaching staff blows ( because we have a worthless owner). We have talented players on our team, They aren't being utilized correctly ( goes back to our coaching staff that blows). We have die hard fans that have been through alot, and we will continue to root for our team. The only thing i can hope for is Mike wakes up after seeing how much money the Browns sold for and he sells the team.
Do we have talented players?

-We have no #2 WR.
-No starter quality RB.
-No starting C.
-An offensive line that can't run block and gets crucial penalties.
-A TE that is inconsistant and a bad blocker.
-A suspect secondary.
-Poor linebackers.
-A defensive line that beats up on bad teams and gets no pressure on good teams.

That stuff doesn't all add up to talent.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:56 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc3420 View Post
You are right. There wasn't a single person in Ohio before Kentucky discovered it. LOL
LOL ....I had a lot of family who moved up there that didn't want to mine coal. My grandmother lived in cincy before she married ....hence the bigtime Bengals and Reds fans in my family.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:07 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Why do you need someone else to give you an excuse? Freedom of choice brother.
We have one last chance to save our team.
A rally against Mike Brown.
He's done enough damage to our community.

It needs to make national news.
It needs to be accompanied with certain demands.
It needs to close traffic and interupt business.

If this fails--its time to divorce ourselves from the family and team.
As bad as its going to hurt, its time that the Browns leave and take their team with them.

Thats freedom of choice---brother

Last edited by tmangoud; 11-05-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:29 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
Fans always say that kind of thing...

When Smith walks, they'll likely do some spin where they can't afford to have 2 highly paid Tackles.
Yep....this "organization" makes it easy to be clairvoyant doesn't it?
Old 11-05-2012, 10:51 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 445

Mike Brown will never ever sell the team. that is a fairy-tale my friend. he will relocate the team to LA or whatever city has an appetite for bad football.

I always felt that having the Bengals in Cincinnati was better than having nothing at all. I'm beginning to re-think this. It's incredibly depressing to think that there are generations of fans being born that have never experienced a SINGLE playoff victory in their lifetime.

On the bright side, there was another sell-out on Sunday!!! 63,000+ suckers devoting a Sun to an organization that is a joke.

2012 NFL team without a 'football operations' person, much less department. What kind of scam is that??
Old 11-05-2012, 11:20 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 82

"Enshrine actual former Bengals into a Ring of Honor around the stadium so the younger players know there was once a winning tradition with great players in Cincinnati."

I have never been to PB stadium ( hope to fix that next year) But are you saying that the Bengals really don't do this?