Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:44 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8185
Default Re: Bengals players ask Marvin to step up and lead

More like Marvin should step down and leave.

Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.

"I don't care if it's a passing league or not. Since the beginning of time when playoffs started championship teams are built on running the ball and stopping the run. Thatís the recipe since football started. We have to be a better team in those situations. Attacking them where we know we can beat them at."
--- Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis
Old 11-05-2012, 06:15 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
More like Marvin should step down and leave.
It won't matter. This falls on ownership too. The mishandling of free agency every year for 21 years won't change. The making of excuses as to why we won't be signing any good players to supplement our drafts (which lately have been decent) will continue. The long list of Bengals players who leave after their rookie contract will only get longer. The sqga will never end until the team is sold, and I don't care if u clone Landry, Lombardi, Knoll, Paul Brown, Jimmy Johnson, Bill Walsh, and mix all their dna and form a super coach. Mike Clown is an embarrassment to the NFL .....PERIOD.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:51 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 149
bengals Re: Bengals players ask Marvin to step up and lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by utts View Post
that should be the headline this week. This team is not loaded with talent, but given what they've got i believe they should be no worse than .500 right now.

Did you see the way they came out the first quarter today? They were hitting hard, and flying to the ball. They were clearly more physical and intense then they had been in the previous two games. That's a coaching problem right there. They couldn't even get them that fired up for the sunday night game.

I also think they have been doing a **** job game planning. Given two weeks to prepare, they did a little better job with that today.

Unfortunately there's no way marvin will be let go before his contract is up, so this will continue. What's worse is most of the coaching staff will be retained when marvin goes. Either gruden or zimmer will be handed the reigns. No proven coach would come here with the shackles mike brown requires anyway - you're setting yourself up for failure and you're hands are tied so you can't do anything about it. Coaching the bengals is almost a guaranteed career death sentence.

Marvin said this was the best team he's ever had here. Goes to show you how much he knows.

I'm rehashing the same old **** here so sorry... Just venting i suppose. This franchise has ****** the spirit out of me for the last 20+ years. Today i shut the game off at halftime and took a nap, i was convinced they would find a way to lose. I have never missed a game, much less walked away from one at halftime before. It's just the cumulative effect of watching the ineptitude wears on you. I don't think it will change ... Ever. The only hope we have is that after mike brown leaves this world, the family will sell the team to ownership that cares about winning championships.

Whining over. Tell me what a negative nancy i am die hards. This fed-up is truly fed-up. Who dey.
can you repeat that!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:16 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyche'sWarrior View Post
It won't matter. This falls on ownership too. The mishandling of free agency every year for 21 years won't change. The making of excuses as to why we won't be signing any good players to supplement our drafts (which lately have been decent) will continue. The long list of Bengals players who leave after their rookie contract will only get longer. The sqga will never end until the team is sold, and I don't care if u clone Landry, Lombardi, Knoll, Paul Brown, Jimmy Johnson, Bill Walsh, and mix all their dna and form a super coach. Mike Clown is an embarrassment to the NFL .....PERIOD.
exactly. mike brown, please step the fk dwn
Old 11-05-2012, 07:51 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1588

When I read the title of this thread, I thought it actually happened. Way to get my hopes up!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:10 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2302
Default Re: "Losing is bad"

I'm just glad Marvin figured out that losing is bad. Let the winning commence.