Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076
Default Re: Guys, at this point all you can do is laugh.

I went down to the game fully expecting to lose so I wasn't too upset when the broncos came marching back. Knew it was inevitable. Still had a good time tailgating
Old 11-05-2012, 07:45 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 231
Default Re: "Just Another Bengals Season"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalChris View Post
Jus10, Believe it or not the Bengals weren't always this way. No. I remember when the team started. I remember when Paul Brown left the Browns, then founded the Bengals. He demanded wins and wouldn't accept lame excuses.

The new ownership demands little in wins and is expert at making lame excuses.

The change in the team's success occurred exactly when the ownership changed.

You will hear people claim that MB runs the team exactly as PB did. This is not true and is a blatant attempt to discredit and vilify PB and make excuses for MB's failures.

The simple fact is that the team won before in Cincinnati and turned a profit doing so. Therefore, it can be done again and again. Of course, you can't do it again if don't give a crap, which is the problem we have with the current ownership. They just don't care about winning very much until the fans start boycotting. Then they care only until they sell out a few games.
Great posts both of you! I remember those "winning" ways too. And you're exactly right...as soon as MB took over, after the 89 season, MB gave us the WORST TEAM OF THE DECADE! So at least we have that NFL record! LOL! It's quite obvious that until MB steps aside, this last 22 years will be the norm!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:11 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
Send flyers around cincinnati and spread the word..."Don't go to games until Lewis is fired"
Please do!! Marvin should be fired.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:15 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5090
drunk Re: Guys, at this point all you can do is laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast Jones View Post
Seriously, why even allow this to ruin your Sunday at this point in this season? In the grand scheme of things, yes, the Bengals **** me off. But I'm done this year getting upset about the individual games. The season is over, and at this point every loss just means a higher pick, and ever so slightly increases the chance maybe there are some changes made after the season.

What kind of team loses 4 in a row, when 3 of them were at home, and 3 of them were against teams with losing records?

That's funny.

What kind of team inks a coach to a two year extension after NINE years with a sub .500 record and ZERO playoff wins?

That's funny.

What kind of team tried to make Benjarvis Green Ellis a bell cow back, with no real change of pace back to split time with?

That's funny.

What kind of team completely ignores the WR2, RB2, MLB, SS positions, when they have ample cap room?

That's funny.

What kind of team brings Chris Crocker back over, and over, and over again? Why not just solidify the position enough to where you have a better option than Chris freakin Crocker? How hard is that to accomplish?

That's funny.

I could keep going. I know it's not really "ha ha" "Will Ferrell" funny, but it's still kinda funny. They're a total joke.

Did anyone really, really have a good feeling that we going to win this before, or even during the game? Even with the lead I never once thought that we had a "good" chance at winning today.Anybody think we have a good chance next week? That would make 5 straight losses, with 4 of the 5 coming at home. Any other coach gets fired at that point. Marv won't, so again, just laugh it off.

When they screw up, fall on the face, blow it, don't pretend like we didn't all see it coming. Just chuckle and say "that's my Bengals."

And the good news is it may even get funnier. If Marvin Lewis is on that sideline this time next year, then we're back to being the laughingstock of the league. This franchise is joke city. I for one am done getting upset. Losers usually lose, and this franchise is filled with plenty of losers, and one heckuva clown.

Hey, at least we'll probably have a top 10 pick for the 5th time in Marvin's 10 years. (Now that's funny)
I hate that I agree with you
Old 11-05-2012, 08:17 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 17091

Quote:
Seriously, why even allow this to ruin your Sunday at this point in this season? In the grand scheme of things, yes, the Bengals **** me off. But I'm done this year getting upset about the individual games. The season is over, and at this point every loss just means a higher pick, and ever so slightly increases the chance maybe there are some changes made after the season.

What kind of team loses 4 in a row, when 3 of them were at home, and 3 of them were against teams with losing records?

That's funny.

What kind of team inks a coach to a two year extension after NINE years with a sub .500 record and ZERO playoff wins?

That's funny.

What kind of team tried to make Benjarvis Green Ellis a bell cow back, with no real change of pace back to split time with?

That's funny.

What kind of team completely ignores the WR2, RB2, MLB, SS positions, when they have ample cap room?

That's funny.
For the first time I stopped paying attention to the game I usually never do that... Don't get me wrong I Still root for the Bengals to win ...but I definitely lost that emotional charge I get out of the games.... Is this a normal feeling for a lifelong fan?
The whole well there is always next year thing just gets old ....

It's sad When You get more emotionally involved in a game rooting for the Steelers to lose....lol

It's kind a like the same feeling I get watching the Reds after the All-Star break.... Minus the last couple years..lol

Cincinnati Bengals
2013 AFCN Champions !

Last edited by NashvilleBengalfan; 11-05-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:17 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 460

When you take the emotion out and just try to watch the game it does look different. You hope that the defense will get it together and try to look for positives. With the emotion removed, quite frankly it looks like the worst Bengaldefense i have ever seen. I have been watching the Bengals since the early 70s. They are just bad.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:28 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 950

Its tough to win in the NFL.
Even if you make solid signings and draft well.
Even if you have quality coaches, its no guarantee you will make a Super Bowl.

But if you have an cheap owner unwilling to face reality, unwilling to change, unwilling to face the facts that he's not a very good judge of talent or an owner not very knowledgable about football to the point he is unable run an NFL organization, you have a ZERO chance of of succeeding.

Zero!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 669
Default Re: We are Terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsRocker View Post
Yes, now if we could only get rid of Lori and Carl. I might enjoy it even more.

It'll never happen. Just like things on this team.

Maybe they could give Marv an A1 bath instead of a Gatorade one after a loss. Then throw him out to the walkers.
half of this came true lol. Rick put her in the friendzone, and Carl grew a pair, put her down lol.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 149
bengals Re: We are Terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
this team is a joke and extremely hard to root for.
then you know what you gotta do!! But you wont ... Because you know we are close ....sometimes i feel the same way you do .....but then i say ah hell i came this far .....maybe next year is the year .....is it?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:52 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

God damn. Now I have to stay out of this thread too because I didn't see Walking Dead last night...thanks guys.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:54 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 377

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyviper13 View Post
We're not good, and judging by all the robot interviews I just read through our players won't speak up, it's the same old crap. We need to keep fighting, need to push through, make sure we do out jobs and blahhh blahhhhh blahhh.

Out O line is ridiculous. I get jealous watching other o lines. We have no run game and our pass protection is poopy doop. The giants are going to murdalize them next week.

We're not playing our best receivers enough consistently. Sanu or jones or even Whalen

Our secondary is suspect.

Rey shouldn't be an nfl starter

My girlfriend knew they would run the ball when it was an audible.

Marvin Lewis needs to let go and let his coaches coach. He is a horrible decision maker.

Why do we always run on first down, typically?

I love the bengals but it seems as if everyone sees what's wrong except the people coaching or controlling the team and the decisions it makes.
Our offensive line failures do not get talked about enough.....so many blaming Dalton. Yes--he's had some troubles--but he's not getting enough help and he still made some things happen yesterday.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:19 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14049

Not sure why everyone all upset over the game. I thought we all came to the conclusion 3 weeks ago the season was over. At this point we should just be evaluating talent. And getting our young players the experience for next season.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8689

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyviper13 View Post
We're not good, and judging by all the robot interviews I just read through our players won't speak up, it's the same old crap. We need to keep fighting, need to push through, make sure we do out jobs and blahhh blahhhhh blahhh.

Out O line is ridiculous. I get jealous watching other o lines. We have no run game and our pass protection is poopy doop. The giants are going to murdalize them next week.

We're not playing our best receivers enough consistently. Sanu or jones or even Whalen

Our secondary is suspect.

Rey shouldn't be an nfl starter

My girlfriend knew they would run the ball when it was an audible.

Marvin Lewis needs to let go and let his coaches coach. He is a horrible decision maker.

Why do we always run on first down, typically?

I love the bengals but it seems as if everyone sees what's wrong except the people coaching or controlling the team and the decisions it makes.
I think the coaches know what's wrong. When you have no WR2, no Center, no RB...what are you supposed to do to fix that? Yeah the plays don't work...it's because there is an extreme lack of talent on offense.

Then, when the team does start to perform and look like it may pull out a win, they get critical penalties.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:52 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 533

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyaoutkast View Post
at least The Walking Dead comes on sundays lol

You nailed it...Last night's episode was crazy!!

Oh and by the way...HALO 4 comes out tomorrow. So while the Bengals season is being flushed down the toilet, I have Halo 4 to vent my frustration!!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:39 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
What the OP said so very well and your comments are exactly the feelings of almost all of us. Anyone who does not agree, is likely delusional at best. Sure the Bengals will probably win a game, or two, before this season fades into the blur of so many other seasons since poor, pitiful, Mikey Brown became head ______ (fill in the blank).

When I watched the Steelers beat the Giants today by sheer will and determination and with their third string RB who is way better than our primary RB - much bigger, faster, stronger; hyper-fast WRs and adept kick returners, etc, etc., I realize just how pathetic this franchise really is. Don't even get me started on the defensive comparison. The Steeler organization makes the Mikey show look like kindergarten. Move along, folks, there is nothing to see (hope for) here.
Who is the OP? Sorry can't tell bc of all the ridiculous merges.

Lol Mod Fails.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 9962

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckd View Post
It just seems like the normal thing anymore. The Bengals play, Mike Brown makes his money, and I die inside a little bit more each Sunday.

This is exactly how I feel about this team. I want to keep holding on... but they're just killing me more everyday. It's sadistic on my part. It really is.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Quote:
When they screw up, fall on the face, blow it, don't pretend like we didn't all see it coming. Just chuckle and say "that's my Bengals."
Old 11-05-2012, 05:21 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 984

I disagree. They just need to keep grinding and execute a little better. I saw some good things out there.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:34 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryPanda View Post
I disagree. They just need to keep grinding and execute a little better. I saw some good things out there.

Your real name must be Marvin Lewis. Hmmm???.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:36 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 465

Well....I guess it's the empty seats lesson needs to hit PB stadium. It seems it is the ONLY thing that gets Mikey's attention.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1305

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmangoud View Post
Its tough to win in the NFL.
Even if you make solid signings and draft well.
Even if you have quality coaches, its no guarantee you will make a Super Bowl.

But if you have an cheap owner unwilling to face reality, unwilling to change, unwilling to face the facts that he's not a very good judge of talent or an owner not very knowledgable about football to the point he is unable run an NFL organization, you have a ZERO chance of of succeeding.

Zero!
Actually, compared to the other sports, it's easy. There's more parity in the NFL than any other league. Teams constantly move in the power rankings, upsets happen over and over. Teams go from last to first to last again.

Well. Most teams.
Care to make some money when you're already online? I just signed up not long ago. It's not tons of money, not gonna get rich off of it, but I've made about 40 dollars in a week. Check it out if ya want!
*Yes, I make money if you complete offers as my referral, but it is IN ADDITION to what you make - I don't make any of your money*

http://www.treasuretrooper.com/690260

http://www.treasuretrooper.com/touchegg/5162/0665252600b8462356c68798bee22527
Old 11-05-2012, 06:12 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 37126

Quote:

That's funny.

That's funny.

That's funny.

That's funny.

What kind of team brings Chris Crocker back over, and over, and over again? Why not just solidify the position enough to where you have a better option than Chris freakin Crocker? How hard is that to accomplish?

That's funny.

I could keep going. I know it's not really "ha ha" "Will Ferrell" funny, but it's still kinda funny. They're a total joke.

Did anyone really, really have a good feeling that we going to win this before, or even during the game? Even with the lead I never once thought that we had a "good" chance at winning today.

Anybody think we have a good chance next week? That would make 5 straight losses, with 4 of the 5 coming at home. Any other coach gets fired at that point. Marv won't, so again, just laugh it off.

And the good news is it may even get funnier. If Marvin Lewis is on that sideline this time next year, then we're back to being the laughingstock of the league. This franchise is joke city. I for one am done getting upset. Losers usually lose, and this franchise is filled with plenty of losers, and one heckuva clown.

Hey, at least we'll probably have a top 10 pick for the 5th time in Marvin's 10 years. (Now that's funny)

Yes.

I hope we go 3-13. Unless Lewis goes away, nothing matters anyway. Bengals will never win a title with him as HC, he's out of his element.

We could get a better HC in here too. I hate ppl that always wanna act like Lewis is the best we can get, total BS, Coughlin wanted the job, a ton of excellent coaches would love the opportunity and we need to go get one.

The only way MB will fire Lewis and it would still be a big maybe, is if we go 3-13, 4-12 at the most.

I am officially rooting for this season to become an total dumpster fire, I know it already is, but I'm rooting it for it to stay that way and get even worse. That's the only way MB will fire Lewis is if he absolutely has to in order to sell any tickets next year.
2014 Bengals........13-3, #1 seed in playoffs. That's gonna happen.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:42 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post

Yes.

I hope we go 3-13. Unless Lewis goes away, nothing matters anyway. Bengals will never win a title with him as HC, he's out of his element.

We could get a better HC in here too. I hate ppl that always wanna act like Lewis is the best we can get, total BS, Coughlin wanted the job, a ton of excellent coaches would love the opportunity and we need to go get one.

The only way MB will fire Lewis and it would still be a big maybe, is if we go 3-13, 4-12 at the most.

I am officially rooting for this season to become an total dumpster fire, I know it already is, but I'm rooting it for it to stay that way and get even worse. That's the only way MB will fire Lewis is if he absolutely has to in order to sell any tickets next year.

you forgot to mention funny man Paul Alexander, 19 years as chief clown in charge of the O-line, Same old predictable gags.. You know, like when after a big yardage play is completed,it gets negated by a holding or false start penalty. As predictable as a cream pie or seltzer bottle spray to the face in a 3 Stooges movie would be. Really funny stuff yet so predictable. Please do not make any references of Marvy ,Pauly and Mike to the
3 Stooges, it would be a great disrespect to Larry,Curley and Moe
Old 11-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 0

You know the bad part? It doesn't matter how high of a pick you get when you don't have a coaching staff that can develope talent it is a waste. We will have Marvin back next year because as long as the owners make money they wont care. I can't stand to say well maybe next year, because next year never makes a difference. Until the change starts from the top down, and I do mean the very top, we will be a bunch of losers. I hate never hereing about the bengals on any of the national talk shows unless they are saying we got beat by a losing team. We have become the laughing stock of the NFL. I have watched the bengals since 73 but now I just go to whatever game I think will be good. Thanks for nothing Mr. Brown
Old 11-05-2012, 08:35 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20086

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post

Yes.

I would agree, but 2008 and especially 2010 are some examples that MB won't fire Marvin regardless of how the season goes. MB is 74 or 75 now and is just complacent with what is in place. Firing Marvin would mean interviews, scouting for new coaches, and basically making an effort to improve this team, which basically won't happen. We wont ever have a winning franchise until MB is officially done as owner, and that can't come too soon.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis