Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:18 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24924
Default Enough!

I hope everyone here can afford a stamp. That, and a little time, is all I'm asking for.

It may do no good at all, but at least we can say we tried.

I'm going to compose a letter to Mike Brown and mail it to him at

Cincinnati Bengals
Attn: Mike Brown
One Paul Brown Stadium
Cincinnati, OH 45202

In that letter, I'm going to make the best case I can make as to why he needs to fire the current coaching staff and then step down himself, unless he's willing to hire a competent GM and a head coach with a winning track record in the NFL.

I hope you'll all consider doing the same, and encourage everyone you know to do the same.

Maybe if he gets 300+ letters, he might do something.

WHO DEY!
Old 11-05-2012, 01:21 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2657
Default Re: Enough!

Good luck, shady. Unfortunately I think your letter will fall on deaf ears, blind eyes and hard heads.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:21 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
I hope everyone here can afford a stamp. That, and a little time, is all I'm asking for.

Cincinnati Bengals
One Paul Brown Stadium
Cincinnati, OH 45202

In that letter, I'm going to make the best case I can make as to why he needs to fire the current coaching staff and then step down himself, unless he's willing to hire a competent GM and a head coach with a winning track record in the NFL.

I hope you'll all consider doing the same, and encourage everyone you know to do the same.

WHO DEY!
Mike Brown will just laugh and have his dog take a dump on our letters, while he rolls up a fatty and yells out IDGAF IM RICH B I T C H lol
Old 11-05-2012, 01:23 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben zoo 2 View Post
Good luck, shady. Unfortunately I think your letter will fall on deaf ears, blind eyes and hard heads.
I'm sure that Mike or at least Katie looks at these message boards. Just look at the titles of the threads up here right now!

Maybe a letter-writing campaign would just be redundant. I don't know. I just hate feeling powerless to do anything about this mess. This is our team dammit!

OK, it's not OUR team. It's his team. We're just his victims.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:25 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 777

Quote:

Cincinnati Bengals
One Paul Brown Stadium
Cincinnati, OH 45202

WHO DEY!
You ever heard of file 13? The best thing to make a statement is to STOP going to the games. This will only get his attention. If you do not remember, he said, you fans are just a THEME. That is his real feelings. What more needs to be said? He could care less about winning or you and only cares about the ole might dollar. Enjoy the circus!
Old 11-05-2012, 01:27 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73848

Quote:
I'm sure that Mike or at least Katie looks at these message boards. Just look at the titles of the threads up here right now!

Maybe a letter-writing campaign would just be redundant. I don't know. I just hate feeling powerless to do anything about this mess. This is our team dammit!

OK, it's not OUR team. It's his team. We're just his victims.
No they don't

Also, I wouldn't waste your time
Old 11-05-2012, 01:28 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJ@w View Post
You ever heard of file 13? The best thing to make a statement is to STOP going to the games. This will only get his attention. If you do not remember, he said, you fans are just a THEME. That is his real feelings. What more needs to be said? He could care less about winning or you and only cares about the ole might dollar. Enjoy the circus!
If that's true, and if we can prove it, then I'd like to pull together a group of investors, beginning with Boomer and Munoz, to buy him out. Some of our former players have to have the connections to get a group together to buy him out.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:29 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Quote:

Cincinnati Bengals
One Paul Brown Stadium
Cincinnati, OH 45202

WHO DEY!

I'm with ya Shady. You joined me in contacting ESPN about Lewis now i'll join you in this. I'm starting my letter right now about how Lewis is an absolutly terrible coach
Old 11-05-2012, 01:31 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

And i will mention in my letter about not attending games no more until changes are made. (Marvin being fired)
Old 11-05-2012, 01:32 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 705

Shady the only thing I think will effect Mike Brown is if somehow these ridiculously loyal fans stop showing up game after game. Thats how Marvin and Mike measure success,They ask not did we win? but did we sell out? I bashed the Bengals on gameday for not drafting Doug Martin and was quickly banned from the boards for a while. I argued that Martin was the best RB in the draft, He has near 500 yards rushing in 2 games and 7 touchdowns.

Last edited by megabengalsfan; 11-05-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:34 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by megabengalsfan View Post
Shady the only thing I think will effect Mike Brown is if somehow these ridiculously loyal fans stop showing up game after game. Thats how Marvin and Mike measure success,They ask not did we win? but did we sell out? I bashed the Bengals on gameday for not drafting Doug Martin and was quickly banned from the boards for a while.
I can tell Marvin is a nice guy, & when it doesn't come to football he seems like a pretty easy going guy. But when it comes to football i f'n hate his guts.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:39 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10170

Marvin is a good guy, probably a great dude to play for, but hes just a horrible coach.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:14 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1138

Quote:

Cincinnati Bengals
One Paul Brown Stadium
Cincinnati, OH 45202

WHO DEY!
I doubt if it works. IIRC in the dark days before Marvin, a season ticket holder since day one sent Mikey Boy his season tickets along with a well thought out letter explaining his reasoning. Mikey Boy sent the tickets back along with a condescending letter saying something like, "Imagine how much fun you'll have cutting them up."

Face it, if you're not family or a 'yes man' Mikey Boy sees you as a walking dollar sign.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:07 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8983

I'm sure after 22+ years of no playoff wins and 9 seasons of 4 wins or less...that your particular letter will be just what it takes to convince him to hire a GM.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:16 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13837

Since MB really does not care, maybe the letter should be to the NFL itself.

Start asking for non-Bengal games to be televised, and they might get the point.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:24 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7000

Quote:

Cincinnati Bengals
One Paul Brown Stadium
Cincinnati, OH 45202

WHO DEY!
Let me save you the stamp buddy and ask Mike himself....ok Im back this is his response:

Hello Mr Shady,
Thank you for taking the time writing to me about the Cincinnati Bengals. Your concerns have not fallen on deaf ears and I take all fans feedback VERY seriously. That being said, I think we've done some real good things this year. Yes, we have hit a bit of a rough patch but hold your head up I see some good things ahead that will make you very happy to be a Bengals fan.
Sincerely,
Mike Brown

PS-If you visit our gift shop Im going to include a 10% discount for you on all orders over $500. So start your Christmas shopping early and make it in our pro shop. Additionally we also have season tickets still available to all our remaining home games so why not come down with your friends and family and enjoy the game.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:29 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolli View Post
Since MB really does not care, maybe the letter should be to the NFL itself.
Dear Lolli,
Thanks for your letter concerning the lack of quality coming from the Cincinnati Bengals over the past 30 years. Yes we have gotten many complaints about this very topic and the best advise I can give you if you want to have quality enjoyment watching NFL games is look carefully at anyone of our other 31 teams and see if you can find a team that fits your needs. Many Bengal fans have done this and the ones that are dedicated and want to stick with the Bengals well....ummm..lets just say are a.....ummm...

Roger Goodell

Last edited by Bengals_Moderator; 11-06-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:31 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8762

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodFather07 View Post
Let me save you the stamp buddy and ask Mike himself....ok Im back this is his response:

Hello Mr Shady,
Thank you for taking the time writing to me about the Cincinnati Bengals. Your concerns have not fallen on deaf ears and I take all fans feedback VERY seriously. That being said, I think we've done some real good things this year. Yes, we have hit a bit of a rough patch but hold your head up I see some good things ahead that will make you very happy to be a Bengals fan.
Sincerely,
Mike Brown

PS-If you visit our gift shop Im going to include a 10% discount for you on all orders over $500. So start your Christmas shopping early and make it in our pro shop. Additionally we also have season tickets still available to all our remaining home games so why not come down with your friends and family and enjoy the game.
Sad, but I can hear him saying these exact words in that hang-dog monotone of his.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

Quote:
Nobody went to games last year - how did that help? They're even worse now.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:42 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12299

What did the Detroit fans do? Would it take a 0-16 season to get the point across?

Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.
There are two seasons of the year for me: Football Season and waiting for Football Season.
On the Bengals Bandwagon since 1981
Old 11-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

You could write a letter but the bengals are always improving that is how they feel..Your letter will get answered in the order it was received.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:32 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 34552

Shady... I love the idea, and I'll always be game for stuff like this, BUT... There was a website called Who Dey Revolution in 2008-09 and they staged all sorts of protests and none of them worked. They put up billboards, flew planes over training camp, put urinal cakes in all the PBS urinals (with Mike Browns record as owner and the message "get pis_ed".

Mike Brown simply does not care. Remember when he said we "have themes every year"? He basically views us as lemmings with money.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 11-06-2012, 11:46 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 45029

Quote:

Cincinnati Bengals
One Paul Brown Stadium
Cincinnati, OH 45202

WHO DEY!

Yeah, he'll do something. Have someone carefully remove the stamps to save on postage.

Seriously though, I don't see how anything is going to change Mike Brown at this point. There have been other much more public pleas against Mike, which did nothing.

We are stuck. Plain and simple.

Perhaps in the future, someone will want to at least try to make this organization resemble more like a organization that puts all it's resources towards winning (at least TRY)... but till then, it's Mike ant farm to run.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:49 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13837

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodFather07 View Post
Dear Lolli,
Thanks for your letter concerning the lack of quality coming from the Cincinnati Bengals over the past 30 years. Yes we have gotten many complaints about this very topic and the best advise I can give you if you want to have quality enjoyment watching NFL games is look carefully at anyone of our other 31 teams and see if you can find a team that fits your needs. Many Bengal fans have done this and the ones that are dedicated and want to stick with the Bengals well....ummm..lets just say are a.....ummm...

Roger Goodell
Somebody should do a cost analysis on how much money has been spent per win since the new stadium was built. I am talking total cost including the building, salaries, fans investment, concessions, etc.

I would say do it on play off wins, but you cannot divide by zero.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post

Mike Brown simply does not care. Remember when he said we "have themes every year"? He basically views us as lemmings with money.
Well that is very typical if him. I honestly expect nothing less from a man such as he. The good news though, is he is 77, and if I know anything about 77 year old men its that they have a theme of not getting much older.

Who Dey!
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...