Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Bengals versus....

Bengals versus.... A forum for visiting fans to partake in conversations with Bengals fans about upcoming games or the Bengals in general. Please leave the trash talk in the Smack Talk subforum below. Formerly the Game Day subforum (Game Day threads remain here).

Old 11-04-2012, 06:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7212
Default Total Attendance: 63,623

... WTF is wrong with you people!?

If you want change, like actual for-the-betterment-of-the-team change... STOP GOING TO THE GAMES.

It's that simple. Stop buying into the Mike Brown BS, and stop supporting his product. Every game you go to and almost sell out shows Mike Brown that you are content with this crap, it shows that you are content with Marvin Lewis... shows that you are happy with absolutely no continued success.

You guys (i.e. those who live in Cincy) did a great job of that last year... why the change this year?? STOP IT! A nearly empty stadium game after game would speak volumes to Mike Brown.

Stop going to the games until Marvin Lewis is fired...hell, stop going to the games until he hires a GM and/or relinquishes all control of the team to Katie.

Take a stand, people!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2767
Default Re: Total Attendance: 63,623

Ive heard this somewhere before..........
Old 11-04-2012, 06:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
Ive heard this somewhere before..........

Clearly, it needs repeating
Old 11-04-2012, 06:13 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 188

ill tell you this much, that gm definitely wasn't sold out. the mid level around the stadium was empty in the first quarter. as i said before we are the worst fans in the nfl without a doubt. the browns have s u c k e d just as much as we have but there fans never seem to jump ovr the deep end like we do and 4 sm reason they still manage to completely sell out a majority of there gms.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:15 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 272

....does sound familiar...Lather...Rinse...Repeat.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 3073

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAC1972 View Post
....does sound familiar...Lather...Rinse...Repeat.
Hey that's my line, JK.

And the winner is.......... Mike Brown, come on down. Mike wins millions of dollars and business man of the decade for milking millions out of a loyal fan base.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:18 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyaoutkast View Post
ill tell you this much, that gm definitely wasn't sold out. the mid level around the stadium was empty in the first quarter. as i said before we are the worst fans in the nfl without a doubt. the browns have s u c k e d just as much as we have but there fans never seem to jump ovr the deep end like we do
The Browns don't need to boycott the games because they make significant changes all the time.. granted, it hasn't worked for them yet but at least they're willing to try.

We are only the worst fans in the NFL if we continue to support Mike Brown's Bengals... but clearly that point is lost on a lot of fans... so yeah, maybe we do have the worst fans in the NFL.

The good, smart fans don't pay Mike Brown for perpetually putting a s****y product out on the field.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:20 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7000

They dont go for the game. People go to tailgate and spend time with friends and family. They use the Bengals game as a thing to do. Mike Brown knows this and as a result was happy with todays loss because our player showed up.....well most of em cept migraine boy. He had an ultimate frisbee game scheduled at the same time
Old 11-04-2012, 06:20 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat5775 View Post
The Browns don't need to boycott the games because they make significant changes all the time.. granted, it hasn't worked for them yet but at least they're willing to try.

We are only the worst fans in the NFL if we continue to support Mike Brown's Bengals... but clearly that point is lost on a lot of fans... so yeah, maybe we do have the worst fans in the NFL.

The good, smart fans don't pay Mike Brown for perpetually putting a s****y product out on the field.
Be fair, they alternate between s****y and mediocre every other year. Next year we'll get a 9-7 record followed by a 35-14 playoff loss...and some people will be happy with that.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:22 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat5775 View Post

well im all for mike brown leaving but lets just accept that fact that he isn't going anywhere no time soon lol
Old 11-04-2012, 06:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3257

I'm sorry but after last year I can't be mad that people are actually showing up to games. Regardless not showing up wont do much to hurt Mike Browns pockets. I would bet constant losing would do more to spur change then fans simply not showing up.

-The Rookie Connection-
Old 11-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

next home game i want to see 1 person there who's going to be the voice of the fans holding a sign that says..."Fire Marvin & we'll come back"
Old 11-04-2012, 06:55 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniversal View Post
I'm sorry but after last year I can't be mad that people are actually showing up to games. Regardless not showing up wont do much to hurt Mike Browns pockets. I would bet constant losing would do more to spur change then fans simply not showing up.
Over 20 years without a playoff win; I'd say that's pretty consistent.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:58 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAC1972 View Post
Over 20 years without a playoff win; I'd say that's pretty consistent.
I'm talking season to season ala. the 90's Bengals thank you.

-The Rookie Connection-
Old 11-04-2012, 07:39 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 573
bengals Re: Total Attendance: 63,623

I went for the first time in the last 2 years. I will say this, 50% of the people in the stadium were broncos fans. If you want to boycott go right ahead but that's must more tickets for the opposing fans to buy. #2 you don't realize how sorry Bengals fans are until you go to a game and realize people are so conservative when it comes to even cheering for this team that a golf clap or a fart would really shake the stadium most of the game. Sure it is frustrating losing, and the owner is a problem. But I'd like to state the obvious. 2 years ago our whole team was dismantled over the last 2 years we have restructured and I can't say Mike Brown has done anything at all that I would not have done. These players are young. The team chemistry is not there. I think it's time for a new head coach but let's be real we needed some level of continuity and Marvin did lead us to the playoffs when we were not expected to win a single game. Our draft choices were good. We have mediocre leadership but they reflect Cincinnati fans. Conservative, pessimistic, and irrational. Who really expects us to win these games? No one. What if last year went as expected? It had nothing to do with the fans support, we weren't there for the team. Even if nothing changes, I will still be a Bengals fan. Still go to the games, and have no delusions of sending a message to Mike Brown by being a fair weather fan. You people are more annoying than the Broncos fans. Even the Steelers fans I know know the Bengals are a team that is coming up and they are worried about the Steelers. This city suffers from bipolar-ism. We made a good effort against a better team and got the results anyone who knows the game would expect going into it.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:44 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 55

I wouldn't bet constant losing would spur any change. What has the last twenty years been like? And please don't mention last seasons playoff appearance. They fell *** backwards into that and got slapped all the way back to the house.

As much as it pains me to say this, the Browns have more to look forward to than Bengals fans. I even bet they finish with a better record.

Everyone has the right to do what makes 'em happy but who is the bigger joke-the perennially bad Bengals or the sheep that show up to watch.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:26 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
I wouldn't bet constant losing would spur any change. What has the last twenty years been like? And please don't mention last seasons playoff appearance. They fell *** backwards into that and got slapped all the way back to the house.

As much as it pains me to say this, the Browns have more to look forward to than Bengals fans. I even bet they finish with a better record.
9-7 and a playoff appearance doesn't count as a losing season. I have no doubt if we start to lose like the 90's Bengals and have back to back to back losing seasons (with none better then 8-8 or playoff appearances) that even Mike Brown would finally be willing to move on from Marvin Lewis. The coaching carousel that started with Dave Shula and ended with Marvin ended because he started to win. It will likely begin again if (and only if) we lose in back to back to back seasons.

Quote:
Everyone has the right to do what makes 'em happy but who is the bigger joke-the perennially bad Bengals or the sheep that show up to watch.
Okay so last year didn't happen (6 of our 8 home games blacked out)? Can't believe this fanbase is actually being criticized for showing up to games now.

-The Rookie Connection-
Old 11-05-2012, 09:47 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 369

Eh, it's fun. I'd rather see them lose than not see them at all. Though the majority of that attendance seemed like Broncos fans. So there may have only been about 33,623 of us sheep.

Hit up the Bomb Squad tailgate for the first time. Those guys know how to party. Just don't play flip cup with any of them as they are all professionals.