Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:12 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 137
Default Marvin Lewis you and your staff are a joke

Sorriest group of coaches ive ever seen when it comes to game planning, clock management, player development etc etc everything else it takes to be successful. But because our owner is 77 yr old poetry study who could give a rats *** about our team and its success nothing will ever change
Old 11-05-2012, 02:15 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 719
Default Re: Marvin Lewis you and your staff are a joke

outside of Hue Jackson,Jay Gruden and Mike Zimmer the whole damn bunch needs to be shown the door.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:16 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8711

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengaldefense View Post
outside of Hue Jackson,Jay Gruden and Mike Zimmer the whole damn bunch needs to be shown the door.
Ummm...Gruden and Zimmer are directly responsible for the strategy on offense and defense.

At that point, an indictment against Lewis directly points at them.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:17 PM
VIP Member

All of em need on a bus outta town from Marvin to the laundry boy im sure he ***** to
Old 11-05-2012, 02:24 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13225

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalpride View Post
Sorriest group of coaches ive ever seen when it comes to game planning, clock management, player development etc etc everything else it takes to be successful. But because our owner is 77 yr old poetry study who could give a rats *** about our team and its success nothing will ever change
I'm with ya!!!! I want to see an all new coaching staff. This one obviously doesn't know how to get the job done.

Too bad we won't see it though.

Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Old 11-05-2012, 02:28 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 977

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengaldefense View Post
I also like the Hayes brothers. I know most do not but i think they are quality position coaches which have developed their positions.

Trust canít live in the same space as secrets and lies.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:29 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApinhead View Post
I'm with ya!!!! I want to see an all new coaching staff. This one obviously doesn't know how to get the job done.

Too bad we won't see it though.
I hope we don't. It's easy to forget that Marvin made us a relevant football town again. Really, cut and dry it's the truth. I still believe that if Carson didn't go down in 2005, we won the super bowl, and everyone would be stroking Marvin's @#$%. Pretty sure Carson going down wasn't Marvin's fault, either.

And really, coaching can only go so far. I think that on the defensive side, anyone that wants to say Zimmer sux prolly should go back to whatever bandwagon team they came from. Zimmer is a defensive genius. Mauluga needs to GTO, he's awful. I watched him yesterday and he's so unaware of what to do when that ball snaps it's ridiculous. Just watch him and see.

Gruden is getting my vote as a decent OC..... first year here with a rookie QB, no training camp, and he takes us to the playoffs.... I mean really.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:42 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatnku24 View Post
I hope we don't. It's easy to forget that Marvin made us a relevant football town again. Really, cut and dry it's the truth. I still believe that if Carson didn't go down in 2005, we won the super bowl, and everyone would be stroking Marvin's @#$%. Pretty sure Carson going down wasn't Marvin's fault, either.

And really, coaching can only go so far. I think that on the defensive side, anyone that wants to say Zimmer sux prolly should go back to whatever bandwagon team they came from. Zimmer is a defensive genius. Mauluga needs to GTO, he's awful. I watched him yesterday and he's so unaware of what to do when that ball snaps it's ridiculous. Just watch him and see.

Gruden is getting my vote as a decent OC..... first year here with a rookie QB, no training camp, and he takes us to the playoffs.... I mean really.

Keep drinking the Mike Brown and giggles kool aid my friend
Old 11-05-2012, 02:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1305

Quote:

I swear to god, being relevant is not the goal of a football. Yes, we are better under Lewis than we were in the 90's. That doesn't mean we can't try for something better, because 0 playoff wins is not acceptable. If we were going to the playoffs and winning some games but not the Superbowl, I might agree that there's a risk vs reward in trying to get a coach who can win the big one. But we wouldn't be losing much if the next coach isn't great.
Care to make some money when you're already online? I just signed up not long ago. It's not tons of money, not gonna get rich off of it, but I've made about 40 dollars in a week. Check it out if ya want!
*Yes, I make money if you complete offers as my referral, but it is IN ADDITION to what you make - I don't make any of your money*

http://www.treasuretrooper.com/690260

http://www.treasuretrooper.com/touchegg/5162/0665252600b8462356c68798bee22527
Old 11-05-2012, 03:16 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 251

At what point do we decide being relevant simply isn't good enough?? Okay, Marvin took a team that averaged 4 wins a season and took took them to the playoffs 3 times, winning the division twice along the way. That's good. But he's 0-3 in the playoffs!! and on top of that, for whatever reason, he does not know how to sustain success to save his life. Just when we start to get a glimmer of hope by a successful season (playoff appearance), the next season we're back to being the same ol' Bungles we've grown accustomed to.

It baffles me that people still try to defend this guy. In no other city would Marvin Lewis still be getting contract extensions after being given 10 YEARS and still having nothing to show for it.

I would say that Mike Brown isn't going to live forever but is Katie going to be any better when she is in control? If Mike Brown died tonight would Katie rip up Marvin's extension? No. The only way we see a new HC in the next 10-15 years, is if Marvin Lewis dies.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:35 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30022

I have mixed feelings. I was off the Marvin Lewis bandwagon several years ago. But I tolerated him because I was convinced we would not be able to hire an upgrade with Mike Brown in charge.

Oddly, I think this team is now on the right path in general. There are things that need upgrades for sure. But I think the start we got off to last year because we played some really bad teams gave us false hope for this year. This team is still in the process of rebuilding.

Add to that we have a new LB coach and a new DB coach, and aging CBs, and I don't think we can be terribly surprised that the defense is struggling.

This year we are playing a stronger schedule.

I think there is a good enough core of players on this team that I don't want to start over yet.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 7519

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
I have mixed feelings. I was off the Marvin Lewis bandwagon several years ago. But I tolerated him because I was convinced we would not be able to hire an upgrade with Mike Brown in charge.

Oddly, I think this team is now on the right path in general. There are things that need upgrades for sure. But I think the start we got off to last year because we played some really bad teams gave us false hope for this year. This team is still in the process of rebuilding.

Add to that we have a new LB coach and a new DB coach, and aging CBs, and I don't think we can be terribly surprised that the defense is struggling.

This year we are playing a stronger schedule.

I think there is a good enough core of players on this team that I don't want to start over yet.
Brace yourself for the crap storm that will accompany this post.

Before I am on board with firing ML, tell me who is replacing him.

In my view, it seems that the Bengals are under-performing. DEs, Maualuga, Lawson, Gresham (despite his 100+ yard game), Dalton.

It seems to me that firing a head coach or a positional coach is an institutional attempt to hold everyone to a higher level of accountability.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:23 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10462

I just hope a new head coach, if we ever have one, can have complete contol over his coaching staff. Let him get rid of the fossils.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:00 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 251

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsean View Post
I just hope a new head coach, if we ever have one, can have complete contol over his coaching staff. Let him get rid of the fossils.
Won't happen. Not as long as Mike Brown is in control. Maybe after he dies, Katie will be willing to relinquish more control. That's why all of the big name coach FAs like Cowher and Billick would never even CONSIDER coming to Cincinnati.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:11 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20610

Quote:

Revisionist history, my friend. Don't forget who was waiting if we had beaten the Steelers--Peyton Manning. Please provide one piece of realistic evidence to say the Bengals would have beaten the Colts.

Zimmer--defensive genius? Sorry. Don't buy it. A defensive genius would have manufactured a pass rush yesterday. Zimmer is nad-less. He's really beginning to **** me off as much as Marvin. Why does Zimmer's defense disappear in crunch time? One stop in the 4th quarter yesterday and we'd have had a real shot at a win. Sorry, can't buy the genius tag on No Balls.

Marvin lifted us from all out horrible to mediocre. Maybe you're satisfied with middle of the road. I'm not.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:11 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 273

Not going to see any changes until people quit putting their fannies in the seats at PBS! When PBS starts having more empty seats than there are filled seats, then Mikey will made changes, because that is when the fans begin to really hurt him and his family where they feel it!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:18 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Greg View Post
Not going to see any changes until people quit putting their fannies in the seats at PBS! When PBS starts having more empty seats than there are filled seats, then Mikey will made changes, because that is when the fans begin to really hurt him and his family where they feel it!
when you play opponents like Pittsburgh, Denver, New York and Dallas - that just isn't gonna happen when the opponents fans are gonna kill that idea when they're showing up too
Old 11-05-2012, 07:18 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals Mike View Post
when you play opponents like Pittsburgh, Denver, New York and Dallas - that just isn't gonna happen when the opponents fans are gonna kill that idea when they're showing up too
And then the team has the guts to complain about the home crowd not being loud enough for them. They complain that the home crowd is like playing before a visiting crowd. Gee, I wonder why? This team absolutely STINKS!!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Greg View Post
And then the team has the guts to complain about the home crowd not being loud enough for them. They complain that the home crowd is like playing before a visiting crowd. Gee, I wonder why? This team absolutely STINKS!!!!
well when you have a schedule like last year with mediocre opponents like the Bengals had then that's how you get those sparse crowds that they had last year but I knew that wouldnt happen this year with popular opponents on the schedule
Old 11-05-2012, 09:07 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 25797

But but but marvin has had to blow it up and rebuild two times!?! Says a lot about the foundation if you're working on rebuild number 3 in less than 10 years.

If you would have told me in 2003 that marvin would be second place for longest tenured coach of almost 10 years and had a losing record, I would kick you in the face.
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people
Old 11-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225
Default Bleacher Report hits the nail on the head about Lewis...Keep it up

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...innati-bengals

Bleacher report couldn't have said it better. Us fans can only hope for the media or any kind of news source to bash Marvin Lewis so Mike Brown can look like a complete idiot if he decides to keep him around for another season to ruin this team. I pray everyday that we find a motivating coach for next season and say goodbye to Marvin after this year. I'm ready to see this team compete in the playoffs and be a consistently winning team and the only way to do that is to fire Marvin, & make Mike Brown hand over the reigns to someone who knows football. I know i'm probably one of the biggest Marvin bashers on here but everytime i think about him as our coach it really makes my blood boil, all i think about is his relaxed attitude after a loss and how he praises the other team like we arent good enough to beat anybody. He basically tells our guys, "you fought hard, and played your hearts out, even though we lost i'm still proud of my babies".....Marvin is just a loser and doesn't understand comepetitiveness.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:47 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5275
Default Re: Bleacher Report hits the nail on the head about Lewis...Keep it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...innati-bengals

I pray everyday that we find a motivating coach for next season and say goodbye to Marvin after this year. I'm ready to see this team compete in the playoffs and be a consistently winning team and the only way to do that is to fire Marvin

So you are saying that the problem the last 23 years is a batch of bad coaches?
Old 11-07-2012, 10:49 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19740

Lewis would have been gone after 08 on any other team in the NFL. There's just no way, no where, no how, or any galaxy where Marvin Lewis survives the 2010 season without losing his job. This team is a case study in dysfunction, only in Cincinnati could this debacle possibly be taking place !

Under Marvin this team is going nowhere.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
So you are saying that the problem the last 23 years is a batch of bad coaches?

No, i'm saying we have a good team and the problem is our coach..Are you saying Marvin Lewis is the man?

We make the playoffs last year, & add more talent this year, but then we lay an egg..???
Old 11-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan74 View Post
Lewis would have been gone after 08 on any other team in the NFL. There's just no way, no where, no how, or any galaxy where Marvin Lewis survives the 2010 season without losing his job. This team is a case study in dysfunction, only in Cincinnati could this debacle possibly be taking place !

Under Marvin this team is going nowhere.

Exactly...Mike was just happy we were mediocre. Now it's time to upgrade above mediocre because we have tons of talent and Marvin doesn't know what to do with it. Get a coach in here who knows football.