Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076
Default Re: What's going to happen on Dexter?

[quote=Johnny Cupcakes;2677079]
Already happened, I believe. Not a table, but an oven. [/quote]

Wow. How could I forget about that

You're right. It was when he did away with the blood slides too.

Smh. I didn't get enough sleep last night...
Old 11-05-2012, 09:26 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 50983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
Don't know about this one. I could see him getting the axe by the end of the season.
I have a feeling that this is Quinn's last season. The actor is starting to appear in other stuff nowadays. He was in the first episode or two of the recent Justified season and was also in the Dark Knight Rises.

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-218
Old 11-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Rep Points: 108814

I had been very pleased with how the season started but that came to an abrupt end when Dexter hooked up with Hannah on his kill table at the end of last week's episode after being rightfully scolded by Deb for his relationship with Lumen after Rita's death. The bulk of this week's episode did little to change my mind. Dexter blackmailing an innocent man to cover for his own stupidity, only to see that man killed by the killer his code dictated should have already been dead herself makes him partly responsible.

In one of those "full circle" moments, though, the end of this episode has me back on board thanks to Deb's phone call to Dex. It sets up an interesting dynamic. As the previews for next week reveal, Dexter will refuse to agree to Deb's request, ironically the kind that Dexter had been hoping to make earlier in the season. What's weird to me is how this season is starting to make Dexter (the character) completely unlikable.

This season has seen Dexter prevert Deb's memory of her father and corrupt her integrity. He continues to lie to her and sabotage police investigations that reflect directly on her as captain of the department. Now, he finally convinces her that his brand of vigilante justice - premeditated murder - is necessary. However, despite everything he's preached to her about why he does what he does and the "Code of Harry", he will now refuse to live up to his own words in order to protect a woman he cares about who killed (among others) a man Deb was starting to care about. In additiona to all of this, he is becoming increasingly arrogant and reckless, putting himself and others at risk.

Maybe this is setting us up for a spectacular end of the series (presumably next season). For now, though, while my interest in the show is peaking again, I'm a much bigger fan of Deb than Dexter.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34inXXIII View Post
I had been very pleased with how the season started but that came to an abrupt end when Dexter hooked up with Hannah on his kill table at the end of last week's episode after being rightfully scolded by Deb for his relationship with Lumen after Rita's death. The bulk of this week's episode did little to change my mind. Dexter blackmailing an innocent man to cover for his own stupidity, only to see that man killed by the killer his code dictated should have already been dead herself makes him partly responsible.

In one of those "full circle" moments, though, the end of this episode has me back on board thanks to Deb's phone call to Dex. It sets up an interesting dynamic. As the previews for next week reveal, Dexter will refuse to agree to Deb's request, ironically the kind that Dexter had been hoping to make earlier in the season. What's weird to me is how this season is starting to make Dexter (the character) completely unlikable.

This season has seen Dexter prevert Deb's memory of her father and corrupt her integrity. He continues to lie to her and sabotage police investigations that reflect directly on her as captain of the department. Now, he finally convinces her that his brand of vigilante justice - premeditated murder - is necessary. However, despite everything he's preached to her about why he does what he does and the "Code of Harry", he will now refuse to live up to his own words in order to protect a woman he cares about who killed (among others) a man Deb was starting to care about. In additiona to all of this, he is becoming increasingly arrogant and reckless, putting himself and others at risk.

Maybe this is setting us up for a spectacular end of the series (presumably next season). For now, though, while my interest in the show is peaking again, I'm a much bigger fan of Deb than Dexter.
Dexter very well may have been onto something with that guy being a killer too just to write a good book. I suppose it's all left up to interpretation but there's no concrete evidence to say one way or another, and I think that guy would kill just to write a good book.

I guess were on opposite sides of the spectrum because I don't find Dex unlikable one bit. I also like him with Hannah (also hotter then Deb
) but if they have Mob Boss guy (drew a blank) kill Hannah at the end of the season and then Dex kill him, it's going to be feel too much like the season with Rita.

I will agree with you in that Dexter has become increasingly more reckless as the show progresses.

I'm still on board with the season so far and interested to see how everything will play out.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Wow. Things just got weird.

Will write a more detailed analysis when I get paid for it (read: at work tomorrow)
Old 11-19-2012, 10:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8039

Yeah, Dexter has big problems this season.

His sisters in love with him
He's infatuated with a sociopath

And

LeGuerta is starting to figure things out, but he don't know yet.

Not to mention the trouble Quinn is in, lol.

And

Now he knows a secret about the guy trying to kill him, lol.

Dexter is in trouble.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:58 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19497

The fact that Deb wants to bone Dexter bothers me, but other than that, this season is not too bad.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:39 AM
Administrator

I was asked today about not having yet posted an analysis of the latest episode. The irony is that I didn't even watch it until last night. This season has started to fall off so badly that I completely forgot about it Sunday night. Granted, part of that is likely also due to The Walking Dead being so much better that I was - for the first time this season - completely distracted from Dexter. It was not until I stumbled onto a recap of the episode last night that I remembered that I had missed watching it.

Not much has changed, really. Deb continues to get completely destroyed emotionally by Dexter. He insists he won't accept her request to kill Hannah because he won't allow her to get deeper into this and be a party to something she will regret, yet he's already asked her to cover up his evidence tampering, lies and murders. Maybe the most interesting aspect of this show nowadays is waiting to see how (if?) Deb emerges from all of this.

As I stated previously, Deb has become a far more likable character than Dexter. Oddly, so has Isaak. I think Isaak is what we want Dexter to be. He's very self-aware. Dexter has become oblivious & reckless. For example, Isaak reveals that he wants revenge on Dexter over killing the man he loved. Dexter tells him to get over it. Isaak asks if Dexter about his own response to having a loved one killed (referring to Rita). Dexter says that is different because Rita was innocent, but Viktor was a killer.

I realize this sets up the final month of the season with Isaak capturing Hannah, but Dexter's hypocrisy only makes this worse. Isaak should just get over Dexter murdering the man he loved because he was a killer, yet Dexter refuses Deb's request to kill Hannah (also a killer) because he loves her, basically implying Deb should just get over it as well. And the hypocrisy will only get worse as Dexter tries to save Hannah from Isaak, further alienating Deb in the process.

As for the Bay Harbor Butcher case, they're painting themselves into a corner with this one. We all know a character as hated as LaGuerta will not be made out a hero for truly breaking the case. Most likely, she - like Doakes - wrongly ends up dead for the "crime" of simply trying to be a police officer.

I like the show in general and I will continue watching until the end, so I may be in for quite a few surprised, but I am becoming more & more disappointed with this season each week following a strong start.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Don't watch read my post if you haven't seen the finale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post

I'm take a wild stab and say if Deb happened to team up with Dex, it's to kill LaGeurta. She was pretty sneaky with that slide and I think she could end up finding out Dexters true identity as well. That would be awesome.
Not to toot my own horn but I did nail the finale

Toot Toot.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:28 AM
VIP Silver Member

Beep Beep!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 11:12 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10392

I'm pretty sure that season 8 is going to be the last one.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Administrator

To all those who correctly predicted some of the events of this season....

Now stop harassing me about it.

Yes, I've been avoiding the subject because I was predictably disappointed in how the season ended. Nonetheless, I'm excited about the announcement that we only have to wait until June for the new season to debut.

I'm all in on this series. I'll stick it out until the end, so there will be plenty of opportunities for this show to renew my faith in its direction. About the only way I can see that happening is for Dexter to thoroughly shift from anti-hero to villain. I believe last season potentially did a great job setting this up. I'm just not convinced that's what they're going to deliver as the series comes to an end.

As Dexter hopefully devolves from vigilante to simply a serial killer, I'm hoping the final season also provides Deb a chance for redemption. Granted, she is now a murderer and, apparently, the only way to redeem oneself from that stigma is to become the greatest linebacker to ever play the game of football. Assuming that's not the direction they take her character, I'd like to see her path diverge from Dexter in much the same way it merged with it over the course of last season.

Just like the first 3 Star Wars movies appeared to be about Luke Skywalker, but the bigger story proved to be about Anakin, I would like to see this TV show that we all assumed to be about Dexter Morgan ultimately be about Debra.

Last edited by 34inXXIII; 01-14-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22382

Best part about Dexter this season?
My Yvonne.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:04 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14834

Quote:

Granted, she is now a murderer and, apparently, the only way to redeem oneself from that stigma is to become the greatest linebacker to ever play the game of football.
Haha. Well done, sir.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
To all those who correctly predicted some of the events of this season....

Now stop harassing me about it.

Yes, I've been avoiding the subject because I was predictably disappointed in how the season ended. Nonetheless, I'm excited about the announcement that we only have to wait until June for the new season to debut.

I'm all in on this series. I'll stick it out until the end, so there will be plenty of opportunities for this show to renew my faith in its direction. About the only way I can see that happening is for Dexter to thoroughly shift from anti-hero to villain. I believe last season potentially did a great job setting this up. I'm just not convinced that's what they're going to deliver as the series comes to an end.

As Dexter hopefully devolves from vigilante to simply a serial killer, I'm hoping the final season also provides Deb a chance for redemption. Granted, she is now a murderer and, apparently, the only way to redeem oneself from that stigma is to become the greatest linebacker to ever play the game of football. Assuming that's not the direction they take her character, I'd like to see her path diverge from Dexter in much the same way it merged with it over the course of last season.

Just like the first 3 Star Wars movies appeared to be about Luke Skywalker, but the bigger story proved to be about Anakin, I would like to see this TV show that we all assumed to be about Dexter Morgan ultimately be about Debra.

Muahahahah

I personally thought this past season was the best one in a while. I'm anxious for the next season. I didn't know it was going to start airing in June though, that's awesome.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:05 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30065

somebody just tell me...

Has dex and his sister hooked up? and i dont mean to kill someone together.

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 01-14-2013, 04:24 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8039

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
somebody just tell me...

No, they haven't.

By the way, my wife told me Dexter will start up again in June, so be ready.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 7368

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
somebody just tell me...

That should be the final episode-they kill each other while hooking up.

ALL IN FOR ANDY
Old 01-14-2013, 04:39 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30065

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
No, they haven't.

By the way, my wife told me Dexter will start up again in June, so be ready.
Havent seen an episode since deb caught dexter in the act.....

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry