Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:37 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 283
Default Brian Leonard is the only

Running back on our roster that I feel runs with a purpose! He should be starting! He hits the hole and makes one cut and go runs. He is our best option.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2746
Default Re: Brian Leonard is the only

Id like to see more of him
Old 11-05-2012, 11:45 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18157

I'd like to see all of our players have his heart, determination, drive, indomitable spirit or whatever you want to call it. That's the biggest thing missing on this team, and it starts with our ho hum HC !
Old 11-05-2012, 11:47 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2634

I dont understand why they switched back to BJGE, Leonard was running hard
Old 11-05-2012, 11:55 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2069

All RBs not named BJGE is averaging well over 4 yards a carry. Peerman only has 7 carries but has 87 yards. It's not the oline, it's the lawfirm
Old 11-05-2012, 11:58 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 40

The talk was all about "running back by committee" before the season began, even coming from Gruden's mouth. What happened? One running back goes down and it's back to bell cow central? Either way, a 2-headed attack is not running back by committee... it's a 2-headed attack. Hell, I'd like to see what Pressley can do from time to time with the ball in his hands.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:01 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
because BJGE was the big offseason acquisition. His pay and roster spot must be justified.

the politics of the football field.....
Old 11-06-2012, 12:04 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18157

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMillahhh View Post
The talk was all about "running back by committee" before the season began, even coming from Gruden's mouth. What happened? One running back goes down and it's back to bell cow central? Either way, a 2-headed attack is not running back by committee... it's a 2-headed attack. Hell, I'd like to see what Pressley can do from time to time with the ball in his hands.
Me also, but we'd need a real coaching staff to step in and give ours a gameplan. What does Pressley have two touches this season ? One TD
Old 11-06-2012, 12:07 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
x2

Coaching staff makes some baffling decisions.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:07 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 40090

He gets hurt too much. Big BL fan, but he has no business being a team's primary ball carrier.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:12 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21906

He shouldn't be starting. He's a good role player on this team, but with increased carries, he would not be as effective. He may be the only RB on the roster that I actually want to be on the team though.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:12 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
He gets hurt too much. Big BL fan, but he has no business being a team's primary ball carrier.
He may as well carry the ball until he gets hurt.

BJGE is almost making me miss Benson, and I couldn't stand watching Benson.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:17 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8939

The problem is that Mike Brown paid BJGE premier back money, and isnt gonna let him not get his 15-20 snaps a game. Even if Leonard or Peerman have better production.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:21 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
The problem is that Mike Brown paid BJGE premier back money, and isnt gonna let him not get his 15-20 snaps a game. Even if Leonard or Peerman have better production.
He only signed a 3 year 9 mil contract, and 4 mil is guaranteed. I highly doubt he hits any of his incentives.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:54 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22311

All RBs not named BJGE is averaging well over 4 yards a carry. Peerman only has 7 carries but has 87 yards. It's not the oline, it's the lawfirm

Kind of a false number as he got most of those yards off a fake pint. Not the same as trying to run behind the Bengals o-line on a real play.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgrove View Post
Running back on our roster that I feel runs with a purpose! He should be starting! He hits the hole and makes one cut and go runs. He is our best option.
Running with purpose and having skill to start are two different things. Leonard is no good as a starter. He had a chance to prove it in stl he failed. He is a gimmick player third down player. Lets not be fooled our starting running back isn't on our roster. And he is fragile.....
Old 11-06-2012, 08:35 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
He may as well carry the ball until he gets hurt.

BJGE is almost making me miss Benson, and I couldn't stand watching Benson.
How so? You mean to tell me you like seeing benson trip and fall? Some times we as fans make no sense.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:41 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post

Kind of a false number as he got most of those yards off a fake pint. Not the same as trying to run behind the Bengals o-line on a real play.
ok, remove the one carry for 48 yards on the fake punt and that leaves 6 carries for 39 yards which is good for a 6.5 average..... He also has 8 catches for 76 yards, he does more with his limited touches than any other back on the roster. I have been saying all year to give Peerman more touches, but in most cases get bashed. In my opinion, each back should get around 10 touches a game.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:24 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 39

I sat and watched the Saints / Eagles last night. The Saints used a true RBBC scheme in their offense. I believe they gave 3 or 4 running backs snaps last night and each seemed to have success when they carried the ball.

My question is ...... why is Peerman on the team if the Bengals are not going to utilize him at running back? If he's just on the team for Special Teams than to me it's a wasted roster spot. Why is Peerman not getting any carries when BJGE is only averaging less than 4 ypc? What's going on with not using Peerman?
Old 11-06-2012, 09:29 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanNColorado View Post
I sat and watched the Saints / Eagles last night. The Saints used a true RBBC scheme in their offense. I believe they gave 3 or 4 running backs snaps last night and each seemed to have success when they carried the ball.

My question is ...... why is Peerman on the team if the Bengals are not going to utilize him at running back? If he's just on the team for Special Teams than to me it's a wasted roster spot. Why is Peerman not getting any carries when BJGE is only averaging less than 4 ypc? What's going on with not using Peerman?
I have said the same thing numerous times, I do not see the justification of not having him in the game.... He is faster than both Ellis and Leonard, he has great hands, and he performs well when in. I do not know what the reason is. I wish I did know, but I am not on the coaching staff so I can only speculate.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:36 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2834

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
He shouldn't be starting. He's a good role player on this team, but with increased carries, he would not be as effective.
Agreed.

He's a good 3rd down back. He's not a workhorse.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:45 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22311

ok, remove the one carry for 48 yards on the fake punt and that leaves 6 carries for 39 yards which is good for a 6.5 average..... He also has 8 catches for 76 yards, he does more with his limited touches than any other back on the roster. I have been saying all year to give Peerman more touches, but in most cases get bashed. In my opinion, each back should get around 10 touches a game.

Each back getting 10 carries a game kills the chance for any of them to garner any sort of groove or momentum. I agree with riding the hot hand, no matter if it's GE, Leonard, Peerman, or some FA signed off the street.

Black Jesus doesn't do that. He may claim to do that, as he said he was doing with Dillon and Rudi, but he didn't as he continued using Johnson in spite of Corey out performing him in the first half of a game.

As for Peerman starting, no. He is a good 3rd down guy, and has better yardage than the starter as most 3rd down guys do. He can't run between the tackles, so with him in the game it would be the opposite cheating by the d-line and likely the same result. Plus me might not be able to handle the load and break down if given too many carries, like Scott did in the past.

Increase Peerman's touches, sure. But increase Leonard's some as well. Then ride the hot back more in the 2nd half. I have no issue with keeping Peerman on special teams, as that is where he excels and needs to remain, as it is his primary value.

Peerman has far too small a sample to
Old 11-06-2012, 10:12 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgrove View Post
He hits the hole and heads straight for the medical room. I love Leaping Leonard, but dude never makes it through a season for 16 games, and thats on limited touches!

"The IR has been renamed "The Carlos Dunlap" protection program."
Old 11-06-2012, 10:19 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post

Each back getting 10 carries a game kills the chance for any of them to garner any sort of groove or momentum. I agree with riding the hot hand, no matter if it's GE, Leonard, Peerman, or some FA signed off the street.

Black Jesus doesn't do that. He may claim to do that, as he said he was doing with Dillon and Rudi, but he didn't as he continued using Johnson in spite of Corey out performing him in the first half of a game.

As for Peerman starting, no. He is a good 3rd down guy, and has better yardage than the starter as most 3rd down guys do. He can't run between the tackles, so with him in the game it would be the opposite cheating by the d-line and likely the same result. Plus me might not be able to handle the load and break down if given too many carries, like Scott did in the past.

Increase Peerman's touches, sure. But increase Leonard's some as well. Then ride the hot back more in the 2nd half. I have no issue with keeping Peerman on special teams, as that is where he excels and needs to remain, as it is his primary value.

Peerman has far too small a sample to
BJGE cant get into a rhythm with 20 touches a game so giving 10 of those to someone else who has the potential to break a 20+ yard run or longer is a win win if you ask me. I just think what they are doing right now is not working, if Peerman can add a spark (he has ran hard every chance he has received) then use him. Anyone can play ST. Oh and he seemed to run pretty well between the tackles on the TD in the Steelers game.... Perhaps I am not a very good judge of talent, but the kid seems to play well when he gets a chance. RBBC keeps everyone's legs fresh thus increasing the chance of gaining yards, splitting touches between 3 backs is the way it should be with what the Bengals have. It should help the entire offense if you ask me. Some semi threat of a running game will improve this team substantially.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYPRODUCT View Post
How so? You mean to tell me you like seeing benson trip and fall? Some times we as fans make no sense.
BJGE average 3.4 ypc.

Benson averaged:
2008 - 3.5
2009 - 4.2
2010 - 3.5
2011 - 3.9

All I'm saying for as bad a Benson was, BJGE is barely if at all an upgrade.