Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:37 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645
Default Doug Martin: BEAST!

22carries
265yards
4tds

That's 12 yards per carry.

You can also add 4rec for 21 yards.

Season totals:
151carries
808yards
7tds
5.4ypc
0 fumbles

20catches
245yards
1td

Still not worth a 1st round pick?
Old 11-04-2012, 07:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169
Default Re: Doug Martin: BEAST!

Yup, making everyone look stupid who passed on him.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2403

I know we haven't seen Dre yet but honestly I wasnt the biggest fan of the pick when it happened. I wanted Martin last year since we knew Richardson wasn't happening, Zeitler/Martin first round is seeming like it would have been a better option at this point.

With that said hindsight is 20/20, still holding out hope Dre will end up being a good CB for us.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3012

Martin won my fantasy game for me. Last week, he put up around 38 points against a guy who dogged me for taking him, and then he drops 62 for me. At one point, he had 62 of 95 total points, but then Ryan came in shortly after and played well. Dude has hit the fast lane these past couple of games, it's nuts.

Adrian "All Day" Peterson
Old 11-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

I wanted us to draft him...I debated a few people on here about taking him over Lamar Miller...
Old 11-05-2012, 12:12 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellMarine View Post
Martin won my fantasy game for me. Last week, he put up around 38 points against a guy who dogged me for taking him, and then he drops 62 for me. At one point, he had 62 of 95 total points, but then Ryan came in shortly after and played well. Dude has hit the fast lane these past couple of games, it's nuts.
Haha unbelievable huh? I won my fantasy matchup 146-68 (so far), and Doug Martin had 81 points.

I had Mikel Leshoure on the bench too
Old 11-05-2012, 10:20 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 44924

Ruined my damn day with his 49 points. I was allll happy when Leshoure got 3 tds, but no.... ***** doug martin.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:26 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones4980 View Post
I know we haven't seen Dre yet but honestly I wasnt the biggest fan of the pick when it happened. I wanted Martin last year since we knew Richardson wasn't happening, Zeitler/Martin first round is seeming like it would have been a better option at this point.

With that said hindsight is 20/20, still holding out hope Dre will end up being a good CB for us.
You're right, but I'm not really using hindsight. I would have taken Martin over Kirkpatrick 100 times out of 100 before the draft since I never really had much faith in Dre as a CB in the NFL.

That said, here's where hindsight comes in: Zeitler and Martin in the 1st, Hayward in the 2nd. We would have passed on Still, but Thompson isn't looking too bad in the limited action he's seen.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:20 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2403

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
You're right, but I'm not really using hindsight. I would have taken Martin over Kirkpatrick 100 times out of 100 before the draft since I never really had much faith in Dre as a CB in the NFL.

That said, here's where hindsight comes in: Zeitler and Martin in the 1st, Hayward in the 2nd. We would have passed on Still, but Thompson isn't looking too bad in the limited action he's seen.
Yea I just mean there is no way we could have known Dre would be injured until this week, or that BJGE would be this bad ( hell maybe with a real C he wouldnt be), or the fact we would have no Scott all year and a load of other factors that decided the picks we made.

Martin was my #2 RB and I wanted him but I understood the Dre pick and while not a fan of the pick I was alright with it.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:11 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 28171

This underscores the time-honored fact that to win, a team must be able to run the ball. Even though the NFL is a pass-happy league in 2012, the teams with good running games rise to the top.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:01 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20451

Martin could have been drafted by us, but I bet anything he wouldn't put up the same numbers behind our o-line and their blocking schemes.

That said he had an all-time top 5 fantasy performance yesterday of rb's, all-time. Best ever game by a rookie rb in fantasy.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 11-06-2012, 03:40 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7812

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millz View Post
Martin could have been drafted by us, but I bet anything he wouldn't put up the same numbers behind our o-line and their blocking schemes.

That said he had an all-time top 5 fantasy performance yesterday of rb's, all-time. Best ever game by a rookie rb in fantasy.
Better than AP's 296 yard day as a rookie? The day he broke the record for most rushing yards in a game.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 11-06-2012, 08:30 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones4980 View Post
Yea I just mean there is no way we could have known Dre would be injured until this week, or that BJGE would be this bad ( hell maybe with a real C he wouldnt be), or the fact we would have no Scott all year and a load of other factors that decided the picks we made.

Martin was my #2 RB and I wanted him but I understood the Dre pick and while not a fan of the pick I was alright with it.
What the coaches should have known though, was BGE wasn't a 15-20 carry a game back, and Scott isn't a legit COP back(he's always injured to boot). I'm not saying CB wasn't a 1st round need, but there were questions surrounding Dre's ability to be a solid starter in the NFL. Meanwhile, Martin was drawing comparisons to Ray Rice during the offseason, and it looks like he's proving those people right.

But really, if we would have taken a RB in the 3rd instead of another DT(who isn't really playing all that much) this team would be in a much better position. Lamar Miller and Robert Turbin were still available, and Bernard Pierce could have been had with a slight trade up.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:39 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20451

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Better than AP's 296 yard day as a rookie? The day he broke the record for most rushing yards in a game.

Good point. AP had 296 and 3 td's, 1 catch for 19. Martin had 251 yds, 4 tds and 4 catches 21 yards. Depending on the scoring setup, Martin probably scored more. I know in my main money league which is 6 pts for tds, and 2 pts for 25 yards, Martin would have scored more (44 to AP's 40). And I am guessing he would have scored more in a ppr league too.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 11-06-2012, 07:36 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millz View Post
Good point. AP had 296 and 3 td's, 1 catch for 19. Martin had 251 yds, 4 tds and 4 catches 21 yards. Depending on the scoring setup, Martin probably scored more. I know in my main money league which is 6 pts for tds, and 2 pts for 25 yards, Martin would have scored more (44 to AP's 40). And I am guessing he would have scored more in a ppr league too.
Martin would have scored more in the NFL.com leagues too.

AP:
29.6 points for rushing yards
1.9 points for receiving yards
18 points for touchdowns
Total is 49.5 points

DM:
25.1 points for rushing yards
2.1 points for receiving yards
24 points for touchdowns
Total is 51.2 points