Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:41 AM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 67
Default Sometimes, the Better Team Wins.....

I, like the rest of you, want our BENGALS to win. And the sad truth is......sometimes, the better team wins. We got beat by a better team this week. Plain and simple. The effort was there, you gotta admit it. Marvin challenged them, and, to a player, they said they had a great week of practice and preperation. As did too, the Broncos I'm sure. C'mon ......who prepares better than Peyton Manning, his whole career! Everybody knows that! There is no shame in losing to a living legend like that when you come at him with the best you've got! AND THEY DID! We have a good team...theirs is just a little better........right now anyway. BUT, we ARE on the way. We WILL get there! Let's take THIS APPROACH......As the MOST LOYAL FANS IN THIS LEAGUE (that's right, I SAID IT.....AND MEAN IT!), IT IS UP TO US TO EXPECT MORE, AND KEEP THE PRESSURE UP ON THE TEAM (present and future), every week, THAT WE'LL ACCEPT NOTHING LESS! GOT THAT GUYS?!
N-O-T-H-I-N-G L-E-S-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP IT UP, AND TOGETHER, WE WILL GET THERE..........NO DOUBT!!! WWWHHHOOO DEYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO .
Old 11-06-2012, 03:45 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7761
Default Re: Sometimes, the Better Team Wins.....

Peyton Manning is 8-0 all time against the Bengals, in the 480 minutes we've played against him we've only had the lead a total of two minutes, which came in yesterday's game.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 11-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2759

So what explains losing to Ryan Tannehill, Brandon Wheeden and a completely depleted Steelers team at home? There is one common theme, L O S I N G. A theme all too familiar to Bengals fans. That is why people are dejected (and rightfully so). If the Bengals would've won at least two of the games that they should of (Fins, Browns, Steelers) people would not be so ****** off.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:03 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 17270

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Boon View Post
So what explains losing to Ryan Tannehill, Brandon Wheeden and a completely depleted Steelers team at home? There is one common theme, L O S I N G. A theme all too familiar to Bengals fans. That is why people are dejected (and rightfully so). If the Bengals would've won at least two of the games that they should of (Fins, Browns, Steelers) people would not be so ****** off.
^THIS^ bravo Boon
Old 11-06-2012, 09:45 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2764

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Peyton Manning is 8-0 all time against the Bengals, in the 480 minutes we've played against him we've only had the lead a total of two minutes, which came in yesterday's game.
That stat just solidifies why Lewis is not the guy. He's got us to mediocrity, but he has consistently been stuck at that level.

Most teams reach up and get upsets (which are offset by getting beat by mediocre teams). That up and down pattern is the norm. But not in Cincy.

For the past 5 years at least, the Bengals have failed to beat good teams when it matters. We can only reach up and beat Pitt or Balt, but even that is now over 3 years old. Nada since 2009.

I love the guy (Lewis), but it ain't working.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:57 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
in the 480 minutes we've played against him we've only had the lead a total of two minutes, which came in yesterday's game.
Is that true? Yikes. Sick stat.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:11 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7761

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryPanda View Post
Is that true? Yikes. Sick stat.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...iew-bengals-18

Quote:
STAT THAT STICKS: 2 -- Number of minutes that the Bengals have led out of the 480 minutes played against Peyton Manning, according to Cincinnati reporter Kevin Goheen.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 11-07-2012, 07:58 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19948

And when we were the "Better Team", we beat 3 teams with a combined record of 6-20 so far this season while losing to 5 teams that were better than us.

Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins. - Paul Brown
We did some good things today. - Marvin Lewis

Old 11-07-2012, 08:11 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 15376

Exactly. That's the whole point. More often than not the team we're playing is the better team. It's been that way for 10 years, being Lewis and Co. have a sub .500 record. It's been that way, and in a very big way, in over the last 20 years in Mike Brown's tenure.

Fans are tired of not being the "better team" more often. It's pretty simple. In sports, when teams lose, fans get upset. We continue to lose. Fans are upset. Not exactly rocket science here.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8668

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millz View Post
And when we were the "Better Team", we beat 3 teams with a combined record of 6-20 so far this season while losing to 5 teams that were better than us.
The Browns are the outlier as they had 0 wins when they beat us.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:14 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8668

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast Jones View Post
Exactly. That's the whole point. More often than not the team we're playing is the better team. It's been that way for 10 years, being Lewis and Co. have a sub .500 record. It's been that way, and in a very big way, in over the last 20 years in Mike Brown's tenure.

Fans are tired of not being the "better team" more often. It's pretty simple. In sports, when teams lose, fans get upset. We continue to lose. Fans are upset. Not exactly rocket science here.
We have 2 extremely talented players and a roster full on inconsistent players.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5793

Yes, sometimes the better team does win. You'll see that again come Sunday.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:18 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 17270

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
We have 2 extremely talented players and a roster full on inconsistent players.
And a coaching staff of scrubs !
Old 11-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2718

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftnick61 View Post
I, like the rest of you, want our BENGALS to win. And the sad truth is......sometimes, the better team wins. We got beat by a better team this week. Plain and simple. The effort was there, you gotta admit it. Marvin challenged them, and, to a player, they said they had a great week of practice and preperation. As did too, the Broncos I'm sure. C'mon ......who prepares better than Peyton Manning, his whole career! Everybody knows that! There is no shame in losing to a living legend like that when you come at him with the best you've got! AND THEY DID! We have a good team...theirs is just a little better........right now anyway. BUT, we ARE on the way. We WILL get there! Let's take THIS APPROACH......As the MOST LOYAL FANS IN THIS LEAGUE (that's right, I SAID IT.....AND MEAN IT!), IT IS UP TO US TO EXPECT MORE, AND KEEP THE PRESSURE UP ON THE TEAM (present and future), every week, THAT WE'LL ACCEPT NOTHING LESS! GOT THAT GUYS?!
N-O-T-H-I-N-G L-E-S-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP IT UP, AND TOGETHER, WE WILL GET THERE..........NO DOUBT!!! WWWHHHOOO DEYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO .
I find it interesting that with a lockout last year, which means limited coaching contact, our team looked better on the field. I think for the draft instead of drafting players we draft coaches.