Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Bengalsman1983 Bengalsman1983 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Huber Heights, OH
Posts: 588
Rep Points: 540
Default Bengalsman1983 Mock 1

1. Bjoern Werner DE Florida State 6-4/255 Allows M. Johnson to move on if he wants to. Werner is an immediate upgrade to the run defense on the other side of Dunlop.

2a. Giovani Bernard RB North Carolina 5-10/205 Bernard is a complete back who can be a work horse while actually being a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield.

2b. Matt Elam SS Florida 5-10/205 He was the #1 rated safety coming out of high school and has continued to showcase those skills at Florida. Only a junior, it appears that he will enter the draft early.

3. Gerald Hodges OLB Penn State 6-2/237 This move allows Burfict to move into the MLB role. Howard takes back his WLB spot and Hodges takes over for Lawson who is struggling almost as much as Maualuga. Say goodbye to Maualuga and free up some $$$.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-06-2012, 11:26 AM
OchoCincos's Avatar
OchoCincos OchoCincos is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,374
Rep Points: 3288
Default Re: Bengalsman1983 Mock 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman1983 View Post
1. Bjoern Werner DE Florida State 6-4/255 Allows M. Johnson to move on if he wants to. Werner is an immediate upgrade to the run defense on the other side of Dunlop.

2a. Giovani Bernard RB North Carolina 5-10/205 Bernard is a complete back who can be a work horse while actually being a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield.

2b. Matt Elam SS Florida 5-10/205 He was the #1 rated safety coming out of high school and has continued to showcase those skills at Florida. Only a junior, it appears that he will enter the draft early.

3. Gerald Hodges OLB Penn State 6-2/237 This move allows Burfict to move into the MLB role. Howard takes back his WLB spot and Hodges takes over for Lawson who is struggling almost as much as Maualuga. Say goodbye to Maualuga and free up some $$$.

What do you think?
Other than Matt Elam, this would be a decent draft. Elam tries to truck people instead of wrapping them up with a tackle. Reminds me too much of Mays. I'd personally prefer a number of other safeties instead of Elam, especially at 2B.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Bengalsman1983 Bengalsman1983 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Huber Heights, OH
Posts: 588
Rep Points: 540
Default Re: Bengalsman1983 Mock 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
Other than Matt Elam, this would be a decent draft. Elam tries to truck people instead of wrapping them up with a tackle. Reminds me too much of Mays. I'd personally prefer a number of other safeties instead of Elam, especially at 2B.
Can you name those safeties please because I don't think they will be there.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Burma's Avatar
Burma Burma is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,462
Rep Points: 5082
Default Re: Bengalsman1983 Mock 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman1983 View Post
Can you name those safeties please because I don't think they will be there.
Kenny Vaccarro, Tony Jefferson, Bacarri Rambo, Robert Lester, and Shawn Williams should all be there for our 2b pick and all but Vaccarro and Jefferson should even be there for our 3rd round.
__________________
Quote:
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Shady's Avatar
Shady Shady is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 10,208
Rep Points: 23828
Default Re: Bengalsman1983 Mock 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
Kenny Vaccarro, Tony Jefferson, Bacarri Rambo, Robert Lester, and Shawn Williams should all be there for our 2b pick and all but Vaccarro and Jefferson should even be there for our 3rd round.
I'd be tempted to take Williams and Rambo both in the second round. Nelson is an average safety, no where near the playmaker that Rambo is. And Williams might be the best SS in the draft. Based on the film I've seen, Vaccarro and Lester don't live up to their billing. I can't comment on Jefferson.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Burma's Avatar
Burma Burma is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,462
Rep Points: 5082
Default Re: Bengalsman1983 Mock 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
I'd be tempted to take Williams and Rambo both in the second round. Nelson is an average safety, no where near the playmaker that Rambo is. And Williams might be the best SS in the draft. Based on the film I've seen, Vaccarro and Lester don't live up to their billing. I can't comment on Jefferson.

I tend to agree. Nelson is average to slightly above average. This draft has some serious play makers at the safety position. I would not shed a tear if we grabbed Bacarro at 2b and Williams at 3 assuming we address pass rush and LB with #1 and the other 2nd.
__________________
Quote:
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Hammerstripes Hammerstripes is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atkinson, NE
Posts: 7,612
Rep Points: 6698
Default Re: Bengalsman1983 Mock 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman1983 View Post
1. Bjoern Werner DE Florida State 6-4/255 Allows M. Johnson to move on if he wants to. Werner is an immediate upgrade to the run defense on the other side of Dunlop.

2a. Giovani Bernard RB North Carolina 5-10/205 Bernard is a complete back who can be a work horse while actually being a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield.

2b. Matt Elam SS Florida 5-10/205 He was the #1 rated safety coming out of high school and has continued to showcase those skills at Florida. Only a junior, it appears that he will enter the draft early.

3. Gerald Hodges OLB Penn State 6-2/237 This move allows Burfict to move into the MLB role. Howard takes back his WLB spot and Hodges takes over for Lawson who is struggling almost as much as Maualuga. Say goodbye to Maualuga and free up some $$$.

What do you think?
The reasoning for your first pick is what gets the Bengals in rebuilding mode year after year. We basically our letting our most reliable DE walk and trading him for a college prospect. That's a trade that doesn't make this team any better.

We have to keep our young guys and build around them. Otherwise we are just turning the roster over and making no progress.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.